Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women's Financial Status      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rearguard*2
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Women's Financial StatusPage 4 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Well, Dark, the forums are filled with posts from men who express similar sentiments.

Trouble is, if you discount love as the reason for making a change, it is pretty hard to see any reason to seek a relationship of any significance....
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 77
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/28/2012 11:24:43 AM
There is something hot about a woman that doesn't have to ask for money to buy something she wants
........like a CONVERTIBLE!!

Hey baaaaaaaaby, look out in the driveway

There is also something hot about a man that can provide a nice roof.
 tuloa942
Msg: 78
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/28/2012 12:26:41 PM
“Lord, we ain’t what we want to be; we ain’t what we ought to be; we ain’t what we gonna be, but, thank God, we ain’t what we was.”

This quote popped into my mind in reading some of these posts. People want equal rights whether it's a matter of race, religion, ethnicity or as is being discussed here GENDER, and yet they expect to be taken care of.

Wow, I'd thought we, as women had gotten beyond that. I'm not talking about just the money aspect. If someone has more money than I do then that's fine, I will kick in by doing the chores and taking care of that person. If we are together as a COUPLE then we pitch in with what we have whether it's money, chores, emotional support, and whatever else. We take care of each other using the resources available to us.
 Mr_Celibate
Msg: 79
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/28/2012 12:42:45 PM
I observe the way people make money or have "acquired" it, therefore I am not intimidated by women having money and I'm not impressed by it either. It's all politics.

But work is interesting to me; good honest work. If a woman comes to me and says she made her money digging ditches for a living, I will say, sit down, take a load off and let me treat you to dinner.

Otherwise, "politics" have arranged things so that women don't need a man's help or favors, and I'm happy not to oblige.

Msg 122, Don't know your situation, but family court will take care of divorced women very well. That's why men are avoiding it. Again, not sure why you slipped through the cracks.
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 80
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/28/2012 12:47:22 PM
Anyone I dated, if they lived in a crappier house or apt, or had a crappier car (Mind u I have a Kia) just got pissy, unless they were a manhoor type, in which case it never went past a 1st date. The most successful women I know are single & the ones who are blissful in a relationship may have "jobs" but not careers...

a male I know got pissed recently cuz I have an IRA...another got pissed that I had an envelope of cash (took it out b4 surgery cuz I can't get to the bank) WTF?! When I got the little Kia, people freaked out & it is a little cheap car! But it was new...2 months later, 2 of my friends got new cars, my neighbor across the street & 1/2 my co-workers...very odd, maybe just a coincidence...but that little car got commented on...I didn't even tell anyone HOW I paid for it (in cash) even my ex got pissy, then he went & got a new car...

"Love and fame can’t live in the same place."~Country Strong~
In my almost 53 years, I see this as true...

I don't earn alot but I did save as well as spend, I'm not gonna apologize to someone 4 that!
 Mr_Celibate
Msg: 81
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/28/2012 1:09:20 PM
^^ msg 129 : I hear what you are saying but I would only suggest that you keep your financial business private. Be secretive and even deceptive in this area if you have to and not just because it rubs some ignorant people the wrong way, but because it's the prudent thing to do.

Remember:

"Just because I'm not paranoid doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get me."
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 82
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/28/2012 1:33:39 PM
To answer post 103 and 104,
Yes I do know what it takes to make a nice dinner. I also do know how much it cost to go to market to buy food. I love to cook and done most of the shopping even when I lived with my ex GF. I cooked often as well cause she would call me at work making requsts for dinner. Of course I do the shopping now that I live alone.
The point I were making was that most of the women just expect a guy to shoulder all the expanses for the dates. Now I live in LA and here if you go to a movie and get a snack and soda its easy $40+. When a woman offer to cook dinner once in a while, Its nothing to compare to what guys spend. I think its the biggest problem guys have. Women dont have a problem to pay for the guy when they ask them out, From all the posts I seen on here. Except they tend not to ask guys out. Women keep saying they like a take charge kind of a guy. Guess where that leads the guys.
Lots of guys just get tired paying most of the time. I dont care how much money a woman makes. As long as she knows how to spend it or not spend it.
For me I just want it to be on true equal footing. Is it too much to ask from someone who says they are indinpendet(sp), smart and everything else. If she dont show me that she knows how to handle money, Then I rather not get involved with her so she wont drag me down with her.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 83
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/28/2012 4:05:30 PM

As far as trips, cars, credit cards, etc. I'd expect for my man to pay his own debts. Likewise, I would think that a man would expect me to pay my own debts. I do believe that 2 incomes are better than 1, however, a couple has to be on the same financial page, in order for that to be successful.

I agree with SueCat...I am financially independent and fiscally conservative. I own my home and have no debt other than my mortgage. I want my partner to be financially stable also, especially after dating someone who was fun but had no assets and a bankruptcy at 45 in spite of having a job that paid double what mine did. Financial compatibility can make or break a relationship as money (or lack of it) is #1 on the "Most Argued About" list for couples.
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/28/2012 9:41:56 PM

I've seen it time & time again...but then again, I could not be w/ the type of man who wants the girl at Wallyworld

Funny, I read that and had to go into my profile to see what photos I had up. Yes, everyone of my photos is casual and the clothing is either from Walmart or Target. LOL

I never had a man ask me to see the label on my clothes. I also don't consider shopping an activity, it's more a necessity, so I try it on, looks good and I buy it. There are more fun activities to spend my $ and time on.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 85
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/28/2012 10:20:15 PM
Most men dont know and dont care who made your cloths. For the life of me I wont know the diffrence where you got the cloths and if they were on sale. I would notice if you were clean cloths and if you ironed them before putting them on. If you look good wearing them or if you got all colors of the rainbow and look like a parrot. Here in LA area its common to see someone buy a fancy car that they cant afford . Alot of people are all about the image.. I would rather date someone who knows how to dress nice with out spending $1,000 on cloths. Nothing wrong buying cloths on sale and spend money on better things. But i understand that for some women spending money on cloths and shopping every day is what they live for .
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 86
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/28/2012 10:51:20 PM
LA Good Guy...
In your town, it's all about image and whatever it takes...people will do whatever they need to do to keep up an image, even if it means going broke or stealing.

This has been an interesting thread....lots of opinions, some I agree with, some not so much.

I remember going out on a lunch date with a guy who talked quite a bit about his fancy home, his vacations and I really liked the brand new Mercedes he drove up in. I had a salad and a glass of ice water for lunch, he had an appetizer, couple of glasses of expensive wine and dessert. He kept on talking about his work, his vacations..and how much he'd been spending lately. When the bill came, I took out the $10 that would cover my salad, drink, tax and tip...but he looks at me and says "oh, that's not enough...your half is $25 plus tip!" When I pointed out the fact that all I had was a salad...he got a little huffy and mentioned something about Gold digger. Farthest thing from the truth, I must say. Guess his car payment was due and he couldn't afford his lunch.....

Moral of the story is..Oh geez...I don't remember now.....

I have no problem paying my way or letting him pay. I don't keep track. If I ask a man out..I pay, if he asks...he pays. I've always offered to chip in and if I can't afford it, I just say so.

After being out of work for a year and having to lower my lifestyle quite a bit, I've become a lot more tolerant and understanding about the financial situations of both men and women. It doesn't matter if he has a fancy car or a brand new beautiful home, it matters that he can afford to pay for what he has and takes care of it.
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 87
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/28/2012 10:54:13 PM
Oh..btw..I'm working now guys, got my feet on the ground and am financially stable..LOL..in case the out of work thing scared you off. I guess what I meant to say was when I was out of work for a year..or something to that effect. It forced me to change priorities, not only in what I strive for in my own life, but in what I look for in a partner and friends.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 88
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/29/2012 5:10:55 AM
Momma may have...........Poppa may have

but God bless the child that has their own............even if its not a lot.

The man needs to make more imo..I spent to many years being the bigger earner.

Time for me to devote my life to more than building a career.
It hurt my relationships IMO.

No man has discounted me to my knowledge of not still being in the rat race 60 plus hours a week.
Constant competition and the stress/hours leaves little energy for much else..
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:07:00 AM
I know how blondeangel feels.....I work very, very hard, and know how to bargain shop and care for things......and I am constantly hearing snide remarks from people about my house, clothes, car, appearance......and I don't share ANY of my financial business with them. It's called, "all that we don't know, we invent...."
 BLoNde__ANgeL
Msg: 90
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/29/2012 3:14:47 PM

"all that we don't know, we invent...."
u said it better than me!
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 91
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:50:33 PM

.....I work very, very hard, and know how to bargain shop and care for things......and I am constantly hearing snide remarks from people about my house, clothes, car, appearance......and I don't share ANY of my financial business with them. It's called, "all that we don't know, we invent...."

Oh you said it so very well! You just keep doing what you do...those people are bitter and envious that they probably pay full price for whatever they have and don't appreciate it.
 phantom59
Msg: 92
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/29/2012 9:15:01 PM
From the male point of view about the financial status of your partner. Of course it is important to take care of each other even though we have been trained to pay for the female portion of the date. I am fine with that but I really think that if both parties are responible and will to share the cost of a realtionship it would probably be a great way to relieve the pressure of expecations when it comes to the bill.
I think communication and early understanding of what the goals or future dreams will allow each party to contribute to the ulimate goal. Retirement, travel and love but without trust and security then what do we have. I hope this makes sense. Equal partnership in love, fianaces, and dreams.
 Paderic
Msg: 93
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/30/2012 7:40:45 AM

I know how blondeangel feels.....I work very, very hard, and know how to bargain shop and care for things......and I am constantly hearing snide remarks from people about my house, clothes, car, appearance......and I don't share ANY of my financial business with them. It's called, "all that we don't know, we invent...."

I don't really pay much attention to people that make snide remarks, I've always felt such remarks reveal more about the person making them than their intended target.
 ohenryx
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/30/2012 8:32:45 AM
BLondeANgeL12524:

Anyone I dated, if they lived in a crappier house or apt, or had a crappier car (Mind u I have a Kia) just got pissy, unless they were a manhoor type

We “manhoors” prefer the term “male slut”, thank you.

in which case it never went past a 1st date.

Yes, but didn’t you have the time of your life on that 1st date? (smile)
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/30/2012 8:56:42 AM
I've dated a few men that I could tell were irritated that my car was newer then theirs

Not to pick on your statement but I'm often astounded how some people have a broad enough dating base to make such statements.

-few equals ....let's say 4
-they had to be males that knew the age of your car you drove and, knowing that, displayed irritation you could tell was about the age of your car.
- you also had to know the age of their car.
-your car had to be newer than theirs at time of dating . Do you get a new car every month?

In contrast, I probably dated my girlfriend for a half year before I had a clue as to the age of her car. I'm sure she still has no idea as to the age of my car. The few times I show irritation over anything a woman has usually had to ask 'are you upset about something' and has no special insight that it was about her car or anything else.

Anyways, I often wonder if some people must date hundreds of individuals to make general statements about multiple 'dates' showing some particular behavior.
 TryAgan
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/30/2012 10:31:10 PM

I've dated a few men that I could tell were irritated that my car was newer then theirs

I don't care how old or how new her car is, but I get really perturbed if she doesn't have her own canoe.

And watch out for women who won't let you park your car in their driveway (unless, of course, it's a late Mercedes model).
 tuloa942
Msg: 97
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/31/2012 8:41:40 PM
LOL, I have my own canoe AND kayak!
 TryAgan
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/31/2012 10:37:45 PM

Just curious, since it seems like a lot of men would like a woman to pay her way on vacations and entertainment, but at the same time to be financially secure and self sufficient with her assets.

Of course, all that is fully to be expected in the age of emancipation.
Why the dichotomy? Which part are you willing to forego?
 TryAgan
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 3/31/2012 10:40:13 PM

LOL, I have my own canoe AND kayak!

Whitewater, lake travel, or the 3-keel cottage-wonder variety?
 SpeedracerSmith
Msg: 100
Women's Financial Status
Posted: 4/2/2012 6:13:16 AM
YMister212
KEEP POLITICS OUT OF IT
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women's Financial Status