Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nexthyme
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Should I run from weak work ethics or stick around?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
You had one date and you are worried you are gonna break his heart???

Shug, the heart you should be worried about is your own, and you should be thinking real hard about the message he has given. He makes things stretch, what does he do for those three months anyways?

It takes money to goof off, and in this economical time, it takes a LOT of money to goof off. I would really be thinking that you would be saying sorry we aren't a good match... Not to worry, with pretty boy looks, he will have someone else lured into his trap in a heart beat.
 BlahGrim
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Should I run from weak work ethics or stick around?
Posted: 7/29/2008 1:32:02 PM
Does he truly not have a work ethic or is this simply a lifestyle choice? Other cultures view employment far differently than America. From personal experience I am only familiar with Iraq, but I have heard of a lot of other places where people work only enough to make it by, putting a higher value on their time, experiences, and relationships than "Stuff" and financial security.

Does he lack a work ethic when it comes to chores/cleaning/yardwork? If so then it would be fair to associate the weak work ethic with other negative attributes. If such was the case his honesty seems out of place.
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/29/2008 1:55:34 PM
I say stick around and support his lazy ass ... but make him do the cooking and cleaning!
 Sortin
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2008 6:01:02 PM
Ok...what has brought you to the conclusion that he has "weak work ethics?"

Being an honest, hard worker for 3 months, and making enough to survive for the rest of the year doesn't qualify, in my opinion, but that is all you've stated as your reasoning.
 boutenuf
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 7:04:42 AM
You should let this one go. This issue will always bother you no matter how hard you try not to let it. Was in a similar situation and was okay for a while but then it got the best of me.
 Wildman46
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/30/2008 7:32:17 AM
" Should I turn and run the other way and if so, how to I tell him w/out breaking his heart?"

WOW Op that must have been one hell of a first date, either that or you think way too much of yourself. You actually think you would break this guys heart by rejecting him after ONE date? Really ? Are you kidding me or what?.

If the guy don't meet your expectation, then just tell him you don't think you're a match and move on. Contrary to your believe in your ability to break mens hearts, I doubt very much if he will be losing much sleep over you telling him this. After all rejection is a part of the online dating process.

Besides you both would be better off finding someone that shares your values. obviously this working only 3 months a years would be an issue for the Op, While the Op nagging him about his work ethics would be a huge issue for this guy. Over all not a very good match, So just say it and move on to the next guy.
 SueCat51
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 4:11:55 PM
OP - there are certain professions where there is "crunch time", and tax is one of those professions. One can work like a dog for a couple of months (filing income tax returns), then take the rest of the year off. I guess it really boils down to what this fella does for a living. If you're going to continue seeing this guy, keep your ears open, eyes open, and do a whole lot less talking. If he has a half assed view about work, chances are very good that he's going to have a half assed attitude about life in general, and that includes relationships.
 redkatt
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 4:17:54 PM
Run far far away - FAST

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >