Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Great movie love scenes      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 alabama kookla
Msg: 26
Great movie love scenesPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I have to say one of my favorite scenes other than The Notebook would be from Hope Floats in the last few scenes when Sandra Bullock is flipping through the pictures and sees the picture of Harry Connick Jr standing by his truck with flowers and she goes outside and there he is...just like the photo! Love that, I would totally melt.

Oh, and the scene from Coyote Ugly where she is too scared to sing with the lights on so he sets up all the cardboard people and turns the lights off for her to sing just for him....nice. I'm trying to think of one where a guy sings for a girl...that is a big plus for me.

TheReason_
Msg: 27
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 9/7/2008 4:43:38 PM
I wated 50 first dates yesterday, I enjoyed it. I admit I got a little chocked up at the end. I think it's just from wanting a, ah yeah. I enjoyed it.

:)
 bob2013
Msg: 28
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 9/13/2008 7:40:14 PM
Let's talk "Pretty Woman" tonight, I know it was brought up about the piano scene. But really, is it the sex scenes or is it the end? Realization of love, people who are distant. harden their hearts, try to stay aloof from love, the breakdown of the wall, at the end. Can you come up with better? Bob
 the_write_stuff
Msg: 29
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 9/13/2008 8:11:58 PM
I don't know if either were mentioned, as I admittedly didn't read every post in this thread, but two of the best sex scenes of all-time involve the actress Ellen Barkin. First in Sea of Love with Al Pacino and with Laurence Fishburne in Bad Company. Both are incendiary and en feugo!!
 sandbarbob
Msg: 30
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 2/6/2009 2:45:52 PM
What about Deb and Burt on the beach, FHTEternity
 _Icon_
Msg: 31
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 2/6/2009 3:11:16 PM
Sense and Sensibility. Unrequited love...

Marianne Dashwood standing in the rain on a hill above the Willoughby estate, aching with her broken heart and quoting Shakespeare. Her tears are heart wrenching.

Col. Brandon outside her bedroom after she becomes very ill, telling Elinor "Give me something to do or I shall run mad." Elinor suggests that Mariane might do better if her mother were there. You never saw a man move so fast.

The joy on Brandon's face on his wedding day. Marianne seems so much more mature and peaceful than she ever has. You just know they will be happy together. Lucky girl to be loved so deeply.

Then you see Willoughby watching on horseback from a distance. The pain on his face echoes the pain that Marianne felt that day on the hill. You realize that he did love her after all, but his checkered past prevented him from having her.

I always feel so relieved that Marianne married Brandon, but there is satisfaction in knowing that Willoughby really did love her, too. Even scoundrels can have a broken heart.

Then there is the whole plot between Elinor and Edward Ferrars. This is such a great screen adaptation, it's got to be my favorite chick flick. Alan Rickman's voice gives me shivers.
 trousersrolled
Msg: 32
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 2/7/2009 3:08:43 PM
Children of a Lesser God(1986)...with William Hurt and Marlee Maitlin. Im not much into watchhing love scenes, but I remember that one .
 Bellydanza
Msg: 33
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 2/7/2009 3:20:23 PM
My favorite movie of all time is "Last of the Mohicans". And it's got a lot of great love scenes. One is of course at the fort when they finally kiss, but also when he says to ''stay alive, no matter what occurs, I will find you''.

But not just Cora and Nathaniel. But Duncan gives up his life to save the man that the woman he loves is in love with. And then Uncas he quietly falls in love with Cora's sister, and shares a few stolen glances. Then races off to his death to rescue her.

In "Braveheart'' when the as a girl she gives the boy William Wallace the flower at his father's funeral. Very touching. And then later she sees he has carried it with him into adulthood. The fact that he starts a whole war for her is romantic as well.

And in "Bram Stroker's Dracula'' Gary Oldman as Dracula says "I have crossed oceans of time to find you''.

Another romantic movie for me is "The Crow"....

I seem to like when the men have to seek revenge for their love's death.
 Chobbes_1
Msg: 34
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 2/16/2009 8:59:07 PM
Before Sunset

Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke inside a taxi, haven't seen each other in a decade. Julie Delpy tries to touch him as he's looking outside a window but pulls back at the last second. The look of pain, of longing, of loss in Delpy's expression was unbearable for me.
 ertefan
Msg: 35
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 2/17/2009 5:58:08 PM
The Thin Man with Myrna Loy and William Powell....one would swear they were married, but what fun they show us (the viewer)

91/2 weeks ...in front of the open refrigerator

The postman always rings twice...the original version. The smoldering desire

Sex and Lucia (Spanish film)...an amazing analysis of passion

GWTW...Clark Gable carrying Scarlett up the stairs
 bob2013
Msg: 36
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 2/19/2009 3:48:06 PM
Ah fierce, someone after my own heart. Since you brought up Winger. Some good scenes in An Officer and a Gentleman. Touching, the last scene when he carries her out of the factory at the end of the movie.

Richard Gere had several other movies with steamy scenes. The kiss in the movie where he is accused of murder in Red China.
 J_in_SD*
Msg: 37
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 2/19/2009 5:26:01 PM
Worst kiss: Christopher Reeve and Michael Caine in "Deathtrap."
 _Icon_
Msg: 38
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 2/19/2009 7:10:16 PM
Like Water for Chocolate.

Tita falls in love but can not marry until her oldest sister is married. Unfortunately, her sister marries her lover. Tita is making dinner for the family and she pours all her love into the preparation of the food. It makes everyone at the table feel very romantic and sensual and they have no idea why or that anyone else is affected that way.

Great scene.
 Snapington
Msg: 39
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 2/20/2009 5:08:22 PM
Like water is a great movie. Her tears are amazing got everybody going.
I always have a hard time picking favorites I like so many.
Doctor Zhivago at the country house where Julie Christy and Omar Sharif reunite.
 _Icon_
Msg: 40
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 2/20/2009 8:16:56 PM
Master and Commander.

Capt. Aubrey and the HMS Surprise.

He loves that ship with such passion. He feels genuine love for his crew too, especially his officers and the ships surgeon, Dr. Maturin.

Not your typical love story, because there are no women. He is married to that ship. I never get tired of re-watching this one.
 bob2013
Msg: 41
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 2/20/2009 11:41:18 PM
Holy Sh*t!!! Iconoclast, you floored me!! Today there are few movies like this, I love ship movies so watch this again and again. Yes your right!! Also the love between the captain ( Sean Connery) and the executive officer on " Hunt for Red October", same kind of thing. No women in these movies. Bob
 horneschwoggle
Msg: 42
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 2/21/2009 9:40:28 AM
"I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My suit didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD."
-Jake Blues, begging for his life in the tunnel scene.
Then, he shows his puppy dog eyes under the dark glasses to a armed with a rifle, Carrie Fisher and all is forgiven. Once in a romantic embrace, he drops her in the mud and says to Elwood "Let's go". Beautiful
 scienceismagic3
Msg: 43
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 3/26/2009 6:27:17 PM
"A History of Violence" When Viggo Mortenson rails Maria Bello on the stairs. Ahhh...
Pleasure and pain, baby. Pleasure and pain.
 ultimatrix
Msg: 44
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 3/27/2009 5:18:06 AM
One of my hot spots is in Pay it Forward, the scene at the end when the couple comes out of their house to discover that people are dropping by to leave flowers in remembrance of her dead son with Jane Siberry playing over.

For sheer sexual tension, I thought the heat in Sex, Lies and Videotape was incredible!

For romance, the movie Sabrina, the new one, when he shows up in Paris at the end. Yummmm....
 torgo70
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 3/27/2009 6:14:32 AM
'Shaun of the Dead'-- Shaun and Ed in the tool shed at the end (C'mon, it was obvious Shaun loved Ed more than Liz)

'Harold and Maude'-- When Harold gives Maude the stamped coin, and she throws it in the water and says "So I'll always know where it is. "

'Quest For Fire'-- Naoh(Everett McGill) and Ika(Rae Dawn Chong)watching the sunset together at the end.

'Raiders of the Lost Ark'-- Indy and Marion in the ship's cabin.

'The Empire Strikes Back'-- Before Han is frozen:

Leia: I love you.
Han: I know.

'Ralph Bakshi's American Pop'-- Yes, an animated film. Tony and the blond waitress he works with standing next to a cornfield:

Tony: What is this?
The Blond: Corn.
Tony: Corn? Corn comes in a little white box from Birdseye. Corn? Kansas is corny! Can ya eat it?
The Blond: Yeah.
Tony: Can ya smoke it? Can ya drink it? Can ya lie in it?
The Blond: Sure.
Tony: Then lie in it with me.
The Blond: Are you crazy?
Tony: Yeah, I'm crazy. I'm crazy in love with your blue eyes... and your corn-silked hair. Your corn-silked hair. I'll never eat corn again without thinking' about you. Canned corn, candy corn, popcorn, Crackerjacks! You're the prize in my box! And my box is this country. It's all tinfoil on the outside. Corn and sweetness on the inside.

'Android'-- Ok, not a love scene, but:

Maggie: Now, let me get this straight. You've got a... what did you call it?
Dr. Daniel: An android.
Maggie: Right. That's, uh, like a robot, right?
Dr. Daniel: That's correct.
Maggie: And you want to hook me up to this robot and stimulate me.
Dr. Daniel: Yes.
Maggie: Stimulate like sex, right?
Dr. Daniel: Yes.
Maggie: Brother, you take the prize. That's the weirdest line for getting into my pants that I've ever heard, and I've heard 'em all. I mean, lunch was good, but it wasn't that good.
 lazarusredd
Msg: 46
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 3/27/2009 1:37:54 PM
Boomerang-Marcus(Eddie Murphy) thinks he's got another notch on his bed, untill Jacqueline (Robin Givens) mounts up and makes his toes curl.....

Antwone Fisher-Cheryl (Joy Bryant) asks Antwone (Derek Luke) if there's anything she can do to help and he tells her that by bein there she's done it all....

Jason's Lyric-Jason( Allen Payne) & Lyric (Jada Pinkett) in the bayou and later in a TV Shop to Albert Collins' "If Trouble Were Money"
 Blade of the Bunny
Msg: 47
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 4/7/2009 1:31:45 AM
I am in agreement with an earlier poster's comment about movie love scenes being too contrived. So it took me a minute to think about but the one scene that came to mind was the infamous one from the Graduate. That image of Ben pounding on the church window and yelling out "ELAINE!" over and over was powerful. Both he and Elaine literally fight her family to be together and get away, priceless.

And though I hate to admit it, the seniors from the Notebook get to me too. There, I've just agreed with the masses. : P
 LAIDBACKANDREAL
Msg: 48
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 4/7/2009 5:19:39 AM
Can I just say: "THE NOTEBOOK"
 ultimatrix
Msg: 49
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 4/7/2009 5:34:35 AM
Right on LaidBackandReal, the entire movie kicked a** (and usually I don't like chick flicks...)
 charleston1954
Msg: 50
Great movie love scenes
Posted: 4/8/2009 2:41:41 PM
I would have to say mine is the movie "Pretty Woman". An all time classic movie that will be watched for years to come.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Great movie love scenes