Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Saturday, Sept. 6th 2008 ~ 8:00pm      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pegluvsflags
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Saturday, Sept. 6th 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTownPage 9 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
KDBUGG,are you ready???????? You will be , lets keep it a secret for 10 more hours
 kdbugg
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Saturday, Sept. 6th 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTown
Posted: 9/6/2008 10:00:42 AM
Ok Peg/Ric. My daughter and some young gal friends are coming with me tonight so behave!! Ric....no lap dance!!!! I am big enough to put a hurt on you!!!
And not afraid to do it!!!

My daughter's bd is tomorrow!
My special birthday gift!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 111
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Saturday, Sept. 6th 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTown
Posted: 9/6/2008 10:27:53 AM
OK people... I updated the main post so check out the cover charge. Here is the information that was passed on to me. The cover charge for the month of September will be $6 and starting in October it will go to $7. I was told and this was 2nd hand but this person was told last night from Tammy that if we have more than 100 signed up for the event we get a discount at the door. We are over 100, currently sitting at 105, so tell them at the door that you with POF. Not sure what the discount is or if you will get it but we shall find out tonight. Therefore, if your reading this and your coming out tonight, and you haven't signed up yet. Please click on that sign up button, so we can have a good idea of how many people to expect.
 SecretFormula09
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/6/2008 10:28:18 AM
Gummie, since you asked so nicely Ill share...lol...The cover charge they decided on for now is $6...The open time is the same as always...8 PM...Closing time on Saturday will be the same now as it has been on Friday for awhile...That means last call around 1AM with us all being shuffled out the door by 1:30....The parking lot has been reasphalted with parking lines....Bathrooms are remodeled...The heavens now has booths with tables instead of couches...New carpet on the front half that had carpet before....Some decorative changes to the inside with the theme being for Halloween...Patio tables and chairs are out on the deck and it is a smoking area where you can also take your drinks...Since it is Halloween season at Funky Town in Sept and Oct they have brought back the skits...They did two last nite...Now, if you think I have taken away the surprise element for everyone, then just delete this....
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/6/2008 10:35:35 AM
Mogirl59... the main thing for you, being your first time and being shy and all other event virgins is to get there early when they open at 8 or go to the BWW dinner thing and meet those guys first. Most of those going to the dinner thing are regulars and those are really good people for getting new people involved. If you skip the dinner thing then try getting there at 8 when the doors open, and you'll be able to meet a lot of the regulars that get there early. If you come after the music starts it will be a lot harder to figure out who is who.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/6/2008 10:41:54 AM
Surprise elements . We have been waiting all day for someone to post about the remodeling and changes... Did they reopen the bathrooms up front?
 msk1454
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/6/2008 10:55:59 AM
I have my fishing licesse's I'll be there.
 SecretFormula09
Msg: 116
Posted: 9/6/2008 11:01:10 AM
Gummi, they didnt reopen those restrooms for public use. Anything else?
 Soonergirlinkc3331
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 11:37:05 AM
I won't make it for dinner, but I will see everyone at FunkyTown tonight!!!
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 118
Posted: 9/6/2008 1:14:17 PM
Just some last minute advice so nobody can say they weren't warned . We have at this time 107 signed up. We have a couple from Omaha coming up that aren't signed up, we have some that are signed up like myself bringing friends with them that aren't signed up. Some that are signed up won't make it and then there are those that come that won't ever sign up. I am expecting to have 150+ representing our group there tonight. We have 100 seats reserved, but they are only held until 9 pm and then anyone can grab them. Get there early, we recommend 8 pm when the doors open. Especially, if this is your first event. Once the music starts and everyone is up mingling and dancing and the POF signs are removed from the tables it will get hard to figure out who is who. We don't wear name tags, we don't go around asking if you're with POF. Therefore, if your new you'll have to make us aware of who you are. Let us know your there, especially if you don't have a pic or a recent pic posted. Don't be afraid to come up and say hi to someone you recognise from the site. We are all friendly people. Check the main post of this thread for information that was updated today. Let the gals at the door know you're with POF and you might get a discount on your cover charge. Got to run and get my ass ready so see you all later .
 extremerushfan
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 1:39:47 PM
I was there late night big suprise I know. They have a few cool changes check out he DJ booth and the Stairway to Heaven the batherooms are great you will not believe the difference!! They have added something new to the Car Wash and they have some petty cool stuff done for Halloween and there are a few other things that have changed but one thing that has not changed is the fun and good people. You all should have fun tonight and I will see at Funky Town. Cindy
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 120
Posted: 9/6/2008 1:52:19 PM
Here is the latest on the discounted cover charge...

Per Gary... large parties that book reservations for Friday nights will get a $2 discount per person off cover charge... No discounts for Saturday nights... He also said they aren't sure yet about upping the cover to $7 in October... He mentioned that they won't be making reservations for any parties larger than 50 on Saturdays in the future. I am looking at doing more Friday night events here. Maybe one Friday and one Saturday event per month. When we do a Saturday night event we'll just have to get some people to call out and reserve tables of 12 under their name and ask that they be in the back of the club .
 msk1454
Msg: 121
Posted: 9/6/2008 2:19:21 PM
Ihave my fishing licesen's I'll be there.
 pegluvsflags
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 3:52:03 PM
KDBUGG,TIME IS TICKING AWAY,JUST 2 HOURS,READY TO GET DOWN TODAY
 mmgood65
Msg: 123
Posted: 9/6/2008 9:29:24 PM
That sucks...I was looking forward to going to FT & I was planning on getting there by 8:00, but a friend of mine called from Charlotte, N.C. & we were on the phone for an hour. I didn't get to FT until 9:15 & when I saw the line - I thought forget it...I'm not waiting in the rain. Hope all of you had fun that got there early!! :) Maybe next time! ;)
 JustG2U
Msg: 124
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:17:33 AM
OMG after an hour in line I finally got in.. It was worth the wait.. Very impressed with the remodel.. But damn Woody still didnt get the roof repaired... Oh well he is Cheap. THE BATHROOMS are like you are walking into some place other then FUNKY TOWN!!! very very nice.............
The Halloween decorations are freaking awesome.

Had a blast glad I went and waited in line... Hehehehhehehe
 SecretFormula09
Msg: 125
Posted: 9/7/2008 11:28:42 AM
This was a really fun event at Funky Town...I had a great time...Nice to see everyone I knew and fun to meet the new people...The place was a rockin for sure...See ya all next time...
 kdbugg
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 1:01:06 PM
Thank for the cake angel. And the cards and stuff from different people. And the nice birthday greetings.

I had a great time.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 127
Posted: 9/7/2008 1:41:39 PM
Once again, we had a really great turn out. I would guess we had over 150 give or take there. The place only holds 600 and when that sign up list starts to approach 100 that is a sign to get your asses there by 8 before the doors open or your risk waiting in a long line or not even getting in. Poor Morelife waited in line for probably an hour before getting in, but I'm glad she hung in there so we all got to see her . I have created the new thread for the pics from last night. It is titled PHOTO'S: FunkyTown ~ 7/6/2008 and the link for the thread is http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts10827949.aspx. I'll work on getting my pics downloaded and uploaded as soon as I have time. If you have pics you would like to post and share with everyone then check out that thread. All the details of what you need to do are in it.

My thoughts on the remodeling...

Bathrooms... why all black and why reduce the number of urinals and stales? Nice and looks good but I don't like the new look bathrooms.

Stairway To Heaven... why dinner tables and chairs and why all white? I liked the leather sofas better. They were a lot more comfortable and now there isn't a make out area anymore . Looks nice but I don't like that look either.

Roof... why????????????? why didn't they fix it? The only thing that really needed fixed, they didn't fix...

Miscellaneous... liked the new Tiki Hut bar, liked the fact they removed all the pinball machines and added a like bar and stoles area. The back deck is too small. They have a lot of area out back and really need to double that back deck and turn that hole in the wall outside into a bar window. I don't think they are done with the remodeling. I think we will see more changes in the near future. JMHO
 Charlene0729
Msg: 128
Posted: 9/7/2008 7:02:21 PM
I had a great time. It was like a dysfuntional family reunion in the parking lot before the doors opened It was really good seeing everyone - seems like it's been so long. I'm ready for Oct Funky Town
 JustG2U
Msg: 129
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:29:22 PM
They why on the roof is cause WOODY IS CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing more needs to be said. But Yeah I dont get that.. Yeah the remodel looks great however the tarp hanging from the ceiling takes away from it all. I loved the bathroom! I think the black gives it a great look but ehhhh thats just me. They did need to do something about ventelation in the womens room.. It was hot and stuffy in there..
Didnt go up to the heavens.. Never really do much. And those old sofas prob were so yucky from all the..... well we will just say stuff that has been on them why would ya want to sit on em anyways.. lol
The back patio/deck... ummmmmmmmm its always been that way.. just gets more buisness now there is no smoking inside, But if they make it bigger that blocks the entrance to the back parking lot unless they make it longer but then the Kitchen door creates an issue.. I do know that a few got kicked out for climbing over the fence to get on the deck and avoid the line.. LOL

all in all had a great time and willbe back down there friday
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 130
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:56:09 PM
FunkyTown represents the 70's, 80's and 90's and the outside and inside are painted and decorated to represent those times and the music there represents the era. The new look bathrooms and Stairway To Heaven looks just don't fit the era. They do look good but the look just doesn't fit in my opinion. If it doesn't fit you must acquit . But, the main thing is that they are open again .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 131
Posted: 9/8/2008 7:54:49 AM
I have called FunkyTown to reserve seating for the next two FunkyTown Meetings... both will be on Friday nights. The first one will be on Oct 24th, and we will be wearing our pink in support of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The second one will be on Nov 7th. Therefore, mark you calendars and start making plans to attend .
 Charlene0729
Msg: 132
Posted: 9/8/2008 2:16:06 PM
grrrr -- neither one is my kid free weekend.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 133
Posted: 9/9/2008 10:09:45 PM
I have the seats reserved for both nights, and I'll get both events posted this weekend...

They are going to give us $1 off the cover charge this night but to get it, you have to tell the lady at the door you're with POF... If I could have guaranteed them 100 people I could have gotten us $2 off but no way can I guarantee that. They would give us $2 off, but I would have been responsible to make up the difference if 100 didn't show so I said screw that give us the $1 to start out. I have no idea how Friday's will go.
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Saturday, Sept. 6th 2008 ~ 8:00pm ~ FunkyTown