Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JWork25
Msg: 2
Hermaphrodites and dating(definition:born half male and half female)Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
If they cut off their penis.

Justin
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 4
Hermaphrodites and dating(definition:born half male and half female)
Posted: 7/30/2008 9:42:00 AM
Hermaphrodites, for the majority of the time, are non-issues. hermaphrodites are usually spotted at birth. When this happens, a few simple surgeries at a very young age, and then the appropriate hormone medication, allows hermaphrodites these days, to live generally healthy lives.
 arwen52
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 10:29:20 AM
They are such a small percentage of the population and, as someone pointed out, are usually "treated" as infants, that I consider it a rather moot point. As with anyone else, though, the answer is always that it depends on the person. Would I date a person of another race, another culture, with particular characteristics? It always depends on the person. Since I've never encountered this situation and am highly unlikely to, I don't know for sure. If I met someone who I thought was very interesting and attractive, then probably I would. Their body is something they're born with that they have little control over. The kind of person they evolve into, though - that's what interests or not.

And, for the record, as someone pointed out - a hermaphrodite is not "half male, half female." They have genitalia of both sexes, one of which is usually undeveloped. These days most parents opt for surgical intervention at birth.

Looking for ways to find out "how negative and unaccepting our fellow earth dwellers" are is really pretty childish. If you have an honest inquiry about a question, it's one thing, but trying purposefully to provoke what you perceive to be people's prejudices serves no purpose but to propagate the very negativity you imply you disdain. What's the point of that? Some people like to pick arguments, I've never understood that. I will tell you this, though - I do not date people who pick arguments. Period.
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/30/2008 11:51:51 AM

Allegedly... But, would you still date her if she was "packing heat?"

Myself? I don't know. I guess it depends on a lot of things beyond them being intersexual.

That's not how it works. There's never been a single recorded incident of a hermaphrodite with both sex organs completely functional.

Generally, one gender is dominate and that sex organ is fully/partially functional, and the other organ is very underdeveloped and completely non-functional.

In most cases, the genitalia are fused in some way, though nothing a little surgery can't fix, and with sufficient hormonal suppliments throughout the person's life, the eventually develop into a decent sexual function.
 yet2bimpressed
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/31/2008 12:38:49 PM
I'll get with a Herm. hook me up :)
 EvilLolli
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2009 12:12:04 AM
Well at some points in history, they were considered the "gift of the gods". Go figure. I though not a hermaphrodite, consider some of the modern atrocities visited upon them appalling. (in some countries a pregant hermaphrodite cannot receive prenatal?)

A person cannot help the accidents of birth, that should not be held against them.
When they are too young to make choices, their parents choices should not be held against them(surgery or drugs).

I would be a friend, can't say never more than that(never say never) to one. Until it was in my face I will not predict how I would react. How's that for honest?
 BiBoz49
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2009 7:36:33 AM

A person cannot help the accidents of birth, that should not be held against them.

Exactly what EvilLolli said. If we clicked and the person was my type then for sure I would go on dates and more.
 GWSmith
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/5/2009 7:51:03 AM
Depends on the person.
 Bookbelle
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2011 10:35:31 AM
Yes, if I fancied them. I have no problem dating hermaphrodites, transvestites, crossdressers, people who have had sex changes... makes no difference to me. :)
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/29/2011 3:40:23 PM
I don't see a problem....unless he/she pulls out Chinese fingercuffs and locks our penises together...I'd find that somewhat annoying...but not problematical, since I could escape by simply relaxing....

I don't see a problem...
 markie595
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/11/2011 10:10:29 AM
i have been hopeing to meet a hemaphrodtie its just one of those loves .. hit me back
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/18/2011 10:14:35 PM
i saw enough d.cks while in school athletics...and while in basic training...

if I never see another one...

it will be too soon...
 DrConfidant
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2014 7:51:35 PM
I would date a hot intersexual. There just somethings I wouldn't do but yes I would date her.
 DrConfidant
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2014 7:58:13 PM
Where can i meet one?
Posted: 4/30/2014 3:26:33 PM
There was a time, trying out various dating services, when I observed the oddest thing...just like how these days and in here there is a collection of cliche's that seem to permeate so many profiles in a homogenized way, during the time to which I'm referring, so many personal ads seemed to emphasize that they "want someone who's open-minded", without specifying what they need to be open-minded about or why. In retrospect, I've begun to suspect that a lot of this is because many of them using the avenue of a dating service were hermaphrodite, Tgirl, MTF, and stuff like that.

And well, that's fine, as far as I'm concerned. They need to find someone as much as anybody else. And I'm sure that they have their own obstacles to deal with when looking, obviously.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2018 3:53:34 AM
Attraction would be the first order....and while I find it erotic wouldn't mind chatting with a person in that category...prob won't happen as I don't live in the big city nor am I going just for that reason!...lol
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >