Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I was raped and now I'm worthless...advice?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 -x-Strawberry_Gashes-x-
Msg: 26
I was raped and now I'm worthless...advice?Page 2 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
Where's your picture?
 Blueeuro
Msg: 29
view profile
History
I was raped and now I'm worthless...advice?
Posted: 7/8/2005 6:41:56 PM
agreed 100 % with iliketighttops on 7/8/2005 6:37:04 PM

... thats all i have to say....

B
 SWFNYC
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/8/2005 6:54:41 PM
you are just young yet although you think you are a woman and grown up. but i don't care how mature you are you are not a woman yet. i am 27 and still learning what's love what's relationships. but to make your heartaches a little easier on the way there is no love without respect. no matter what with a little respect it won't hurt as much if it doesn't work out. and good guys are scared a little of pretty girls so are the bad ones. they are human like you remember. and tell your x fuk off , he's sick, get some counseling
 eeeeee9
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/8/2005 7:17:43 PM
start listening to loveline on the radio. theres many like u. download em here

http://www.djzooky.com/loveline/
 WeekendHuntressKatelynn21
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/14/2005 12:03:26 AM
You survived it and that is what is most important..

You are a SURVIVOR

Rape is a horrendous thing to go through.. I know..
That is how my daughter was concived..

YOU did NOTHING wrong..
The rapist was a sick sick person
with a craving to make someone feel bad about themselves..
DON'T LET HIM WIN!

You are worth so much woman..
Don't ever let anyone.. Especially yourself.. say any different..

Katelynn
 r1terrell6233
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2005 12:26:30 AM
It's sad but "I've been raped, I'm worthless" is something I unfortunately have to hear about 5-10 times a day. I am here to help anyone that is a survivor, a friend of one, or anyone that would like to talk in general.
 zhijie
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/14/2005 1:28:02 AM
hmmm u must get over it... damn that guy how could he do something to a girl... grrhz... maybe you should forget abt it and get on with life.. hope u can get over it soon. = )
 Blueeuro
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2005 2:29:57 AM
agree 100 % with portuguese mommie ....
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/22/2005 8:02:03 PM
First off you are absolutely gorgeous. Nothing about your looks or personality could ever be cause for rape. Anyone who would commit rape has a serious character defect. You need to realize this was not your fault. Being the victim of a crime says nothing about your character. It is a crime of opportunity, ie. wrong place wrong time. Never ever stay with someone who verbally or physically abuses or theatens to abuse you. Once that hand is raised you can be assured sooner or later it will hit you. You are far to young and far to pretty to feel so badly about yourself. First get help seek consuling its not you that needs to be ashamed. And keep talking to people and asking them to listen. You will move past this, I'm sure of it.
 edgeoparadis
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/22/2005 10:28:12 PM
It's hard to see ourselves with the same compassion we see others with sometimes.
Imagine a friend of yours had gone through what you have gone through, and they confided in you. How would you react if they said the same things you have? You would see clearly that they were not at fault, and do your best to make them realize it, wouldn't you? Wouldn't your heart be filled with tender care for their well-being, and wouldn't you offer them comfort and relief by doing your best to show them the good in themselves? You would want them to see through your eyes; eyes that love them and care for them, and you would praise them and try to remind them of all the good things about them, wouldn't you?
You would be that true friend you are so good at being, and you would help them feel better, and when they were with you, they would be able to relax and smile, because they would feel the good in themselves, because being with you would remind them of all the good things you find in them all the time, because you are a true friend, one of the very greatest things there is.
Now all these kind people are trying to be a friend to you, and help you see all the good in yourself that they see knowing you only a little bit, and there's a lot of true caring here for you. What I ask you to do is just to give yourself at least the same minimum of kindness you would generously freely give anyone else equally deserving who had been through the trouble and abuse you have.
I ask you to see yourself with the same eyes of love you would give to any friend. Your friend might not feel they were deserving, either. They might say they were worthless, but you know... you KNOW it's not true... what happened to them was NOT their fault and you know they truly deserve much more love. You would absolutely not let them get away with saying they were worthless to you, because it's not true. It's just not true, and you know it... You know that deep down you are a wonderful caring person who very much deserves to be truly and deeply loved, and it is not right that you have been treated this way, and it is NOT YOUR FAULT! Be angry at those people who abused you, not yourself, just as you would if they had done this to your friend. You would never blame your friend! Don't blame yourself!
This is training yourself to have objectivity, to be just as fair with yourself as with anyone else, and learning to do it means you learn to only hate about yourself what you would also hate if it were something about anyone else. We are all criminal, to some degree, and it is something we probably are wise not to like when we see it in ourselves, just as to be averse to it, to not like it when we see it in someone else is a kind of self protection. We are also all at least partly good, and it is not right to judge someone ONLY for the bad in them. Don't do it to yourself. Give yourself credit for each little bit of good you find in yourself every single time. It's only fair...
Be a friend to yourself. You can do it! You are good at that! Encourage yourself, and remind yourself that it's not fair to be so hard on yourself when you would gently encourage anyone else in your same circumstance. You deserve better. Remind yourself of that every day, a thousand times a day if necessary. There is nothing wrong or bad about you, and you should respect yourself. You are beautiful inside and out. You are unique. There could never in trillions of years be a more perfect you than you are. Nothing in all the universe can fill your role of being you more perfectly than you do. There is only one you, and you are the absolute greatest at being that there is!
...And when you realize the truth of it, and start to really feel convinced deep down, you will respect yourself, and you will teach other people that they should respect you, (which, by the way, many, many already do), and it will become rare that anyone treats you with anything less than respect. Honestly, it is what you deserve. Keep faith. It will come... We're all rootin' for you!
 AngelicPassion
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/15/2005 3:21:29 AM
You are a beautiful young woman. You were raped and it was not your fault. Don't be ashamed to ask for help. There is a lot of professional counseling out there and if you cannot afford it there are many agencies that are free. Don't let the act of a sick cruel person make you feel worthless. Your young and have your whole life ahead of you. I know its hard and you have a long hard road of recovery ahead of you. Talk to family and friends. If you feel worthless and give up then you let him win. He took a piece of your innocense but don't let him take your entire life. Fight back by getting stronger. One day you will find a man who loves you for the beautiful person you are. If you need someone to talk to email me.
 rocky541
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/15/2005 1:06:22 PM
I disagree its not something you wont get over fast. I mean everyone is different but this is something that will effect you for the rest of your life. Don't cheat yourself on seeking some professional help. I know its embarassing but in the long run youre only helping yourself. My ex kept it to herself and still to this day has hardly told a soul and it does her no good. Thats really the only advice I can give on this.
 Melodic Euphoria
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/15/2005 5:12:27 PM
Hi Rebecca,

What happened to you was not your fault at all. You've been hurt by a bad boyfriend, but that's in the past. It's going to take time, but eventually you'll learn that you are not worthless - you are a very beautiful person who cannot see that for yourself yet. When you learned to love yourself as a worthy person, and stop taking responsibility for what happened, you can then be friends with more people who might have previously been uncomfortable with you seeing yourself as worthless - which is not true!!! Eventually you'll learn to trust again, and become wiser in selecting a man who is worthy of you.

Best,

Ange
 Uncle_J
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2005 8:26:27 PM
something that a piece of shit does to you does not make you worthless. he is a piece of shit not even human and nothing you did made u deserve what happened to you it is not your fault at all. did u call the cops on this ***hole if u didnt u should and make the ***hole pay for what he did. it will come back on him when hes raped by Bubba in the slammer they dont like rapists in prisons, even criminals have some honour. if the cops dont help you just take the law into your own hands and kill the SOB. and dont ever think for a second that youre less of a human being for what happened to you. its not your fault. u should seek counselling to help you get past this horrible tragedy. good luck
 SPYGLASS
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/27/2005 9:52:27 PM
Do not treat yourself as worthless. It was a bad thing that happenend No fault of yours. My take is that all Rapists should have their pricks cut off. I will always give solace to someone in your situation. I had a Gf who was raped. My comforts brought her her self esteem again. BE STRONG
 DJ_Knight
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2005 2:29:03 PM
Hi my name is Ritchie and i think that every lady is beautiful in my eyes but to some men they think that women r just there to use and abuse, which i think is just wrong and stupid, and 4 men just 2 rape sum1 is just wrong cause its just there way of have sex4 sum 2 do that i just wish they all just go 2 hell. i think that if a girl/man loves u for who u r and not wot u r then u should go with him and never let them go
 ubergeekazoid
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/5/2005 11:05:06 PM
That was enough to make me cry...First off, I'm so sorry about what happened to you. Secondly, please, please, please get some counseling! You are going to need someone that you can confide in about this. I'm praying for you sweetie...
-Em <
P.S. You are not worthless, you are priceless...remember that...
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/5/2005 11:25:13 PM
Yes do get counseling... but do NOT let someone like that guy who raped you destroy your life. If you continue to beat yourself up over this then you are letting him continue to rape you by ruining your present and your future. Do not give that to him. You will survive, you will come out of this and you are not worthless. Beauty comes from within and you certainly do not seem ugly in any way. As you see there are many people who think good of you, if a person does not then it is their loss not yours. YOU love YOU and everything will work out for you. You need to remember all the good things about yourself and do not let others make you feel bad. We all make mistakes and we just need to learn from them and keep going.

When given lemons.. make lemonaid...
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I was raped and now I'm worthless...advice?