Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I was raped and now I'm worthless...advice?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Renfrew
Msg: 51
view profile
History
I was raped and now I'm worthless...advice?Page 3 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
I suggest women! it is my experience with women that they never force themselves on you, they are gentle, caring, and non-aggressive lovers. There is nothing wrong with women loving women, and I recommend that you consider this possibility, as you seem to be being too submissive to males. You would be on a more even footing with another female and may develop a deeper realtionship. Now if you decide to go that route, you should be aware that not all females are as I describe. I have read that there is a problem in the Lesbian community with domestic violence, (Lavender Bruises, and The Closet within the Closet) so if you have a submissive personality, you just may find yourself in a similar circumstance with a woman as well. Submissives tend to gravitate towards Dominants/Controllers in the same way as Doms gravitate to Subs. If you insist on being submissive then don't be too surprised when you are dominated and controlled by lovers and others in your life.

J
 Fanny
Msg: 53
I was raped and now I'm worthless...advice?
Posted: 12/6/2005 4:31:24 PM
Oh sweetie, never ever believe that you are worthless...

How crazy has society gotten, anyway, that we believe that our looks or what has been done to our bodies is any way to measure our worth? That's like saying that my worth should be judged by the state of my car.... Our bodies aren't who we are, they're just the vehicles we're moving around this planet in. Absolutely look for someone who is friend material, someone who will value you for your character, your personality, your sense of humor. These bodies of ours fade quickly, anyway; the person inside is forever.

Take care, honey....
 fdiefer521
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/31/2006 12:40:19 AM
i cant imagine how you must feel.i just know your not worthless.every thought you have is worth something.you seem to be really nice.if you dewell on this you keep letting whoever keep you down.sohold you head up and know you have ovr come one of the worst things possiable.that makes you a survivor and a winner in my book.so your worth your weight in gold.if you belive you can achieve.
thanks

jimmy
 veni vedi vici
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/31/2006 12:00:46 PM
did you call the police on this matter??
 veni vedi vici
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/31/2006 9:39:24 PM
the one who is worthless is the piece of crap that did that to you,i believe in karma and he'll get whats coming to him!!hang in there....
 4everknight
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/31/2006 10:49:28 PM
you are not worthless.as a matter of fact like you are is that giving freakin piece of human garbage what he wanted .. fear and low self esteem for yourself .let me put it this way that guy is not a man , he is a chump who couldn't get some if it was pay day and he was in a whore house .. got it . see you are 100 times better than that guy he didn't desvere you .you shouldn't second guess you looks either. u are very beautiful and i think guys are more likely tripping over themselves to be with you .but u should get help for this .. other wise ur next relationship will not last .. cause of the wall u now have around you .if u keep holding it all in it will hurt you .. please talk to someone.oh and by the way i am with desert on this . but i am not using a bat ... oh no crowbar for me ..and i am supporting on this too girl count on it if u to talk i am here.
 luvto
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2006 6:36:47 AM
Hi Rebeca...I too know the fear,pain and shame of being abused...I was sexually abused starting at the age of 3 ...stolen inocence..I was later abused by others as well..two males and one female...not a cool thing to hold inside...you speaking out about this is a brave and healthy way of dealing with this tradgedy....I forgave the abusers years ago...the best reward is being able to obtain self forgiveness ....Do me a favor..give yourself a hug for me thanks KEVIN
 MR BOB
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:37:43 AM
DONT EVER THINK YOUR WORTHLESS,
 luvto
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:54:01 AM
REBBECA...face the pain and fears while they are still fresh..seek counsilling...pray ..love yourself :) I held it in for too many years which led me to the hell of drug addiction and attempted suicide ...we are stronger than we think ..You are an inspiration to many who have been unable to talk about the abuse..if you ever need to chat feel free..I am here for you ... YOU ARE A STRONG AND BEAUTIFUL SOUL..SHINE ON AND BE STRONG YOU CAN DO IT YOU HAVE ALLREADY TAKEN THE FIRST STEPS TO RECOVERY

HUGS KEVIN

ANGELS ARE WATCHING

Take a look to the heavens
Tell me can you see
All of the angels
Watching over you and me

If I told you I saw them
Would you believe
Or would you think
That I was just crazy

They are all watching
For things we don’t always see
All of the angels from heaven
Are guides for you and me

I don’t quite understand
Why you don’t believe
For I know that the angels
Believe in you and me

Take the time to reflect
On the endless possibilities
That you could tap into
If you would only believe

Angels are watching
Over you and me

( Kevin O’Neill)
 luvto
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:55:32 AM
ANGELS WITHOUT WINGS

Sometimes life
May get so hard
Yet we seem
To carry on

WE must learn
Along the way
To bring forth love
For a better day

Life has ups
And life has downs
Yet we continue
To carry on

We must learn
As we go
Remember to change
Then we will grow

We have loved
And we have lost
Felt the pain
From broken heart

As long as we learn
Along the way
WE will learn
To love again

We are all Angels
Without wings
We’ll learn to love
And fly again

(KEVIN O’NEILL)
 luvto
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2006 11:04:31 AM
Hi There is a few things That I have learned along the way..Yes this person was wrong with thier actions..yet forgiveness is the key to ridding yourself from this pain and self despair...as I said earlier..I forgave the abusers long before I forgave myself..I want you to look in the mirror and say..IT WAS NOT MY FAULT..do this until you see within your own eyes that you love and forgive yourself..LOVE YOURSELF AND SMILE..YOUR WORTH IT

LOVE

Love is the answer
Love is the key
Love is in you
Love is in me

Love is for sharing
Love is for hope
Love is for giving
Love is life’s dope

Love is the answer
Love is the key
Love is in you
Love is in me

Love grows within
Love gives without
Love is for living
Love has no doubts

Love is the answer
Love is the key
Love is in you
Love is in me

Love yourself and love others
And you will see
That love conquers all
Throughout eternity

LOVE

(KEVIN O’NEILL)
 luvto
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2006 11:07:29 AM
YOU are a strong woman at such a young age :) What does not destroy us make us stonger..Your in my prayers ..Turn a negative into a positive Your Worth it

SWEET PAIN

The pain of life
Has caused me strife
Has led me to darkness

Yet I know
I must move on
To see the light within

I’ve learned from Pain
I held within
That drove me so insane

The ups and downs
Can change our paths
Yet I live right to the end

I use to hold my pain inside
Learned to face the darkness within
Embraced it and learned to live again

Sweet pain has given me
A drive to carry on
I now live life with a new found love
The love of Gods sweet sounds

(KEVIN O’NEILL)
 luvto
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2006 11:09:23 AM
I’VE GOT AN ANGEL

I’ve got an angel
Watching over me
I’ve got an angel
That’s plain to see

She’s with me in the good times
Helps me through the bad
She’s laughing when I’m smiling
Comforts me when I’m sad
I’ve got an angel
Watching over me

I’ve got an angel
Watching over me
I’ve got an angel
That’s plain to see

If your down and lonely
And don’t know what to do
Just call up to the heavens
They’ll send an angel for you
You’ll have an angel
Watching over you

I’ve got an angel
Watching over me
I’ve got an angel
That’s plain to see

I’ve got an angel

(by Kevin O’Neill… written after meeting with my guardian angel during a stay in the hospital)

luvto
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2006 9:36:44 PM
Hey people..I know and understand your anger and rage..I was there on the recieving end..what she needs is positive feedback..negativity only causes negativity..when we react that way it wins..Positiveenergy creates positive results....until I learned to forgive the abusers I had an even harder time forgiving myself..My negative thoughts on paying them back gor the harm they caused only led me to where they put me at an even deeper stage....once I forgave then my thinking became more positive;hence I was able to concentrate on me more..this led to self forgiveness..IT WAS NOT MY FAULT! the victim blames themself more than they do the abuser....Hugs all around...Forgiveness is love to forgive yourself is to love yourself even more..WHat the abuser did was wrong...KARMA will get them in the end ..we do not have to stoop to thier level..If we do they win...peace out Kevin
 luvto
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2006 5:47:26 AM
Hey I know all about anger..been there done that :) I have been to hell and back..not going there again..LOL To love is to forgive..to forgive is to love....Hugs all around..I have a saying

HUGS NOT DRUGS Peace out
 luvto
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2006 9:06:11 AM
There are self help groups out there as well..a person who has been there and has learned to deal with it in a healthy way can best understand and offer help to another... I checked out all kinds of 12 step groups for a variety of my issues..I ahve been a recovering addict for over 24 years now.It works

I love to share my recovery,my past my pain... for facing my inner demons gives me inner light again..I was emotionally,physically and sexually abused as a child...I am very spiritual..not religious...relgion is for good people who want to go to heaven and spirituality is for good people who have already been through hell

KEVIN
 luvto
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2006 9:07:45 AM
THis is a beautiful forum thanks for caring and sharing to all
 luvto
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2006 10:17:17 PM
You ahve to go to hell before you get to Heaven...Steve Millar band :)

Jimmi Hendrix..Purple Haze..Jesus Saves...

I carried my own hell inside me for years..the guilt,shame fear,from being abused..after telling someone about tyhe abuse and learning to forgive self and others I have found a piece of heaven within myself ... everything in life is a freedom of choice...make the right one
 luvto
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2006 10:39:00 PM
Hmmmmm man of iron..thanks for the praise ..yet I know that I only as strong as my faith in GOD

God does not give me any situation that I can not handle

sometimes I wish he didn't trust me so much ...LOL

together a good circle of friends with the positive support and uncondotional love with teh spiritual guidance of God..anything is possible..we are all stronger than we think........the darkness of fear dies when exsposed to the light

FOLLOW THE INNER LIGHT

The light within is what keeps me sane
The darkness that is in is what makes me sin
I must follow the light no matter how dim
For that is the way to gain more inner light again

The light within has seemed to elude me at times
Yet now I know that it is always inside
The light within is the light that keeps me alive
No matter what happens I chose to follow that light
In order to better myself ,my life and the lives I meet along the way

Follow the light within
For that is the true high my friends
Let the love shine from you towards others
For that light is LOVE
It will shine forever
If you allow it my friends

My dark days are now few
For the more I learn to shine
The more I make it through

We don’t need anything other than our LOVE for ourselves
To make it through
So do yourself a favor
Hug Your self and say these words

I LOVE YOU

(KEVIN O’NEILL)
 luvto
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2006 6:33:19 AM
I’VE GOT AN ANGEL

I’ve got an angel
Watching over me
I’ve got an angel
That’s plain to see

She’s with me in the good times
Helps me through the bad
She’s laughing when I’m smiling
Comforts me when I’m sad
I’ve got an angel
Watching over me

I’ve got an angel
Watching over me
I’ve got an angel
That’s plain to see

If your down and lonely
And don’t know what to do
Just call up to the heavens
They’ll send an angel for you
You’ll have an angel
Watching over you

I’ve got an angel
Watching over me
I’ve got an angel
That’s plain to see

I’ve got an angel

(by Kevin O’Neill… written after meeting with my guardian angel during a stay in the hospital)

BIGBJ
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2006 3:12:44 PM
First and formost, You never get involved with any person based on looks. second you don't attribute what happened to you with that socalled boyfriend to your selfworth, and you never carry anything from one relationship to another. Listen love has no looks and it never tries to make excuesses for bad behaveior, if a guy treats you bad for any reason get out and stay out you are a beautiful work from GOD to this life and as such you are preisious and worth more than pure gold, never put yourself down because of what others have done, and remember this IF YOU WERE NOT WORTH ANY THING HE WOULD HAVE NEVER RAPED YOU! He had to have you no matter what and the only way he could think of having you was by force, That means you must be so BEAUTIFUL he could not resist you OK? You must be so fine that you scare men away. so don't be so hard on yourself you are just fine and it will get better with time just don't rush it opk!
 chillyd4
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2006 4:09:49 PM
Hi Lady,
You are not worthless where are your parents? The creep that violated you is a scum of the earth and should be treated as such. God is your answer praise him at all times, Peace.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I was raped and now I'm worthless...advice?