Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 52
Who uses Intermitten Reinforcement in dating and online dating?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
OMG! There's a name for this?

Wow.

A light bulb just exploded in Iowa.
Duck and cover people!
 Riick
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Who uses Intermitten Reinforcement in dating and online dating?
Posted: 9/30/2008 7:05:17 PM
DUH...!
Psychology 1 (Not even 101)
... So old that I learned about it when it was still **under discussion**, and BF Skinner was still kickin'.
So... how fast do YOU get addicted to slot machines?? , 'they're probably the ultimate example of variable-ratio reinforcement.
If you get addicted to slots, then you're wide open lovers doing it to you as well, but folks... the **positive** reinforcement needs to be there, the occasional kind word just is not enough.
And trust me, it doesn't work at all when sometimes the food you cook is great, and sometimes it's lousy.
>
 cortchubby
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/30/2008 8:35:01 PM
intermittent Reinforcement?

Its like this if youu (or who you desire) has to resort to head games to get the point across it is no longer a relationship IT IS A SICK GAME.

THAT gentle enough for your fragile self?

Dr Phyll
 Bella Vamp
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2008 9:02:11 PM
Thank you for this post. I see so much of this in the guys I've dated and what I accept from them that none of the people that care about me can understand. They say I accept a fraction of what I'm worth, and in the end make excuses for their unacceptable behavior. These "men" are highly intelligent and I have no doubt now that I myself, a very smart but emotionally starved woman have fallen victim. I really hope I can take this lesson and apply it to my my future relationships and no longer accept this horrible treatment. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >