Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > how long do you wait to be official-is she using me-what is this      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ksayer1
Msg: 7
view profile
History
how long do you wait to be official-is she using me-what is thisPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I am pretty sure the op is young and sweet.
After 12 dates i dont care how young the woman is, she knows if she likes him and the answer is no but there is no one else on the hook so he can keep taking me out. Move on
 privat33r
Msg: 8
view profile
History
how long do you wait to be official-is she using me-what is this
Posted: 2/19/2013 10:10:26 PM
Couples have to operate within budgets. Its not wise to spend a lot in restaurants and bars. There are lots of options. The real problem with bars is that they're heavily taxed and more or less overtaxed through the tips and such- it ends up being a premium of about 70% above the cost of the service-- so use them sparingly.

Nevertheless guys should pay for the most part. We're bigger, we eat more, we drink more, and its sorta built into the species for relationships to be built on providing sustenance. Its how apes mate as well-why fight the phenomena..

Girls have much higher expenses in other ways. They can't walk home 5 miles at 3am, clothes cost a bunch more, all the little knickkacks for dating, like condoms, jell and preparing with the doc are expenses. They cost time and money. Its about 15% of a women's income. If they're spending that to setup we can spend an equivalent amount.

Snap out of the cheaperonnie vogue. The whole logic of it falls apart if you look close at the exchange, the actual costs that each party faces.

Edit: and aggghagaghhhh .. how did I get sucked into a 5 year old thread,..?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > how long do you wait to be official-is she using me-what is this