Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 28
view profile
History
US Considered Ways to Provoke War with IranPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

For those of you actually interested in looking at the Iran/Israel incident critically (and I think there may only be like 3 or 4 people here who are interested in anything more than blind propaganda and hating one side or the other irrespective of practical issues), an interesting article: http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/things-to-think-about ..........
Putting up a link that is so heavily wrapped up with Israel and defending Israel's position ... not to mention sponsors several Jewish publications all over the world (newspapers, etc.) sure tells us which side you're pulling for ... eh?

As per the title of the thread ... US Considered Ways to Provoke War with Iran ... the US has no business getting involved in any kind of conflict between Israel and Iran. Iran has a right to have nuclear weapons especially since the Zionists have their fingers on the button.

We need to stay out of this. If Israel wants to pick a fight with someone, let them defend themselves this time. The US should no longer be fighting any of Israel's battles. We've already ruined our economy for their sake. Israel did not contribute one thin dime towards the Iraq War even though supposedly their "data" was used to support the idea that Iraq had WMD's. Israel still has not contributed one thin dime towards helping in the Afghanistan War yet the very reason we are there is because we so heavily support Israel.

Has Israel come to us at any time since encouraging us to illegally invade a sovereign nation and offered not to take the money we send them annually? No? Gee, I wonder if that's a good indication about how greedy they are?
 .dej
Msg: 29
view profile
History
US Considered Ways to Provoke War with Iran
Posted: 3/3/2012 4:41:59 PM

Putting up a link that is so heavily wrapped up with Israel and defending Israel's position ... not to mention sponsors several Jewish publications all over the world (newspapers, etc.) sure tells us which side you're pulling for ... eh?

Uh.... what?

The link is about if Israel attacks Iran.

Thus, it is going to discuss Israel attacking Iran. And the practical considerations that go into it. Because that's what the article is about. It's kind of hilarious that you find this a little surprising and objectionable....

Furthermore, the article doesn't defend Israel at all. In fact, it doesn't even discuss anything qualitatively about the Israel-Iran relationship. I'm not even sure you read the right article based on your reaction.
 cotter
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2012 8:02:26 PM

For those of you actually interested in looking at the Iran/Israel incident critically (and I think there may only be like 3 or 4 people here who are interested in anything more than blind propaganda and hating one side or the other irrespective of practical issues), an interesting article: http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/things-to-think-about ..........

Uh.... what?
Didn't know about it? I always check out who owns or runs such information warehouses ... that tells you if it's believable or not. Just check out Faircount Media Group.

It's kind of hilarious that you find this a little surprising and objectionable....
I'm not even sure you read the right article based on your reaction.
No need to read the article based on where it came from.

I just have no trust in anything the Zionists are involved with. If others trust and cheer the Zionists on, that's their problem. They are devious, deceitful, conniving, ruthless, brutal, coldblooded, merciless, greedy killers.

Honestly, who in the world would trust anything they say or do? Iran has a right to be concerned and even more of a right to have nukes without having to worry about someone bombing them.
 whiskeypapa
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/3/2012 10:13:21 PM
Because of the limited success of Operation Gladio in Iran, a falseflag similar to the USS LIBERTY likely involving the USS ENTERPRISE will probably be the catalyst to induce SHOCK AND AWE on Iranian cities.
 CountIbli
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/4/2012 7:51:08 AM
"How do we know that they do not go beyond the brainstorming stage?
How do we know that the Gulf of Tonkin and 9/11 just fell in their laps?"

Gulf of Tonkin never happened. This has already been established decades ago. It was a manufactured crisis.

9/11 is different and I think it did fall in their laps. Had it been manufactured then there would have been strong "evidence" pointing towards Iraq. Instead the administration really had to stretch the facts to link it to Iraq.
 CountIbli
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/4/2012 8:04:11 AM
"They keep on pushing their views even though the U.S. government officials have clearly stated that the policy is to gather support to impose sanctions on Iran with the goal of bringing Iran to the table and negotiate a solution to the issue of development of nuclear power/weapons by Iran."

Actually Obama has said that nothing is off the table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9iAqR7ftzw
 cotter
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2012 9:07:27 AM

... likely involving the USS ENTERPRISE will probably be the catalyst to induce SHOCK AND AWE on Iranian cities.
No matter what tool they use ... the Zionists are capable of doing anything it takes to get the US in a war with Iran.

Don't forget how the Mossad recently used UK passports for the hit in Dubai.

I wouldn't put it past the Zionists ... they will do anything to suck us into a war with Iran. We end up fighting it and paying for it all the while they continue to collect their annual stipend from us. It appears the theme of the day is ... "Suck the US into still another war on our behalf".
 .dej
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2012 9:40:15 PM

No need to read the article based on where it came from.

I just have no trust in anything the Zionists are involved with. If others trust and cheer the Zionists on, that's their problem. They are devious, deceitful, conniving, ruthless, brutal, coldblooded, merciless, greedy killers.

LOL

This explains a lot. If you refuse to read anything that treats issues about the military, military conflicts, and international politics about Israel without using the word "Zionist", then that may explain why you don't seem to have any understanding of these issues. Any balanced and informed treatment on these issues has to discuss Israel, because they work very closely with our military in many aspects. And those sources aren't going to use the word "Zionist", because that's a pretty dead giveaway to 99% or people knowledgeable about this topic that you are full of shit.

Go ahead, refuse to read anything from people who actually do this stuff for a living because they don't call Israelis names. Not like you can surprise us at this point.
 whiskeypapa
Msg: 36
Posted: 3/5/2012 6:06:11 PM
From now on we will refer to the zionists as "Teddy Bears" cold blooded, merciless killer "Teddy Bears".
 cotter
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2012 5:10:56 PM
October 2009 ... it appears Turkey has had the right idea for a long time now.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/turkey-pm-if-you-don-t-want-iran-to-have-nukes-give-yours-up-1.5055
Turkey PM: If you don't want Iran to have nukes, give yours up
Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan said on Saturday that countries opposed to Iran's atomic program should give up their own nuclear weapons, and attacked as "arrogant" the sanctions imposed on Ankara's neighbor.

He also said he wanted the Middle East, and then the whole world, to rid itself of nuclear weapons.

During a trip to Iran this week, Erdogan said he backed Tehran's "right to peaceful nuclear energy" and called its approach in nuclear talks with Western powers "positive."

The trip added to Western concern that NATO's only Muslim member may be shifting its foreign-policy focus towards the Islamic world and turning its back on Western allies.

Iran says the sole aim of its nuclear program is to generate electricity, but Western powers suspect it of secretly planning to produce nuclear weapons and are trying to persuade it to stop enriching uranium.

"... those who criticize Iran's nuclear program continue to possess the same weapons," said Erdogan, according to an advance copy, carried by state-run Anatolian news agency, of a televised address he was scheduled to make at 8 p.m.

"I think that those who take this stance, who want these arrogant sanctions, need to first give these [weapons] up. We shared this opinion with our Iranian friends, our brothers."

United Nations and U.S. sanctions have already been imposed on Iran over its nuclear program, and if current talks fail to produce agreement, Western powers may push for a further round of sanctions on the Islamic Republic.

Israel is assumed to have the Middle East's only nuclear arsenal. Turkey, a European Union candidate, has been Israel's closest Muslim ally, but relations have soured since Israel's December-January offensive in the Gaza Strip.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad this week praised Erdogan for his "clear stance against" Israel.
Bravo for Erdogan for taking such a stance!!!

Erdogan also said Turkey wants the Middle East, and in time the world, to be free of nuclear weapons. "We want to live in a region completely purged of nuclear weapons. We want to live in a world in which nuclear weapons no longer exist," he said.

Erdogan has tried to expand Turkey's influence in the Middle East and make it a regional power since his party, which traces it roots to an Islamist movement, took office in 2002.

Erdogan also reiterated previous remarks that Turkey and Iran have set themselves a target of more than tripling annual bilateral trade by 2011 to $30 billion.

My whole point all along has been that those of us who have Nukes have no right to dictate to any other nation about their development of Nukes. Given that Israel is under the impression that our dear President has now fully sided with them (which is what he must do in an election year) ... I think we need to renew Erdogan's notion.
 part deux
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/10/2012 11:17:55 AM
So. lets get this straight,on the one hand, you hate Obama for upholding the will of the house of representatives ( signing the Aumf, and the tresspass bill), yet now you hate Obama for not upholding the will of congress?
You can't see the benefit diplomatically of consulting with the Arab League or NATO, before entering Libya? Do you not realize how damaged America's reputation is worldwide?
Obama just can't win with you, and since you grasp at anything, I have to wonder what your real problem is with him, and I doubt it is based on anything intellectual.
 cotter
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2012 1:21:17 PM
Ha! I just found a thread (with an interesting post) where the topic of this thread was being discussed ... however it's in "Current Events" which can be found here ... http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum7.aspx

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/9640151datingPostpage9.aspx
What Would Be the Consequence of the US or Israel Bombing Iran?

Message 216
Makes a point that is very pertinent and ON TOPIC here...
As far as Israel goes, there is no reason to bomb Iran. If it does, it's because America has paid them to do it, so America doesn't get the blame.
Oh dear ... there are actually folks out there who believe we (America) would pay the Zionists to drop a bomb on Iran ... when we have been trying so long and hard to develop some sort of rapport with them?

For that reason, if Israel does bomb Iran, I think it only fair to bomb those who ordered the attack right back at them.
Wow ... so if Israel does attack Iran, there's every possibility that we will get the blame (why not, we are constantly in someone's cross hairs because of our undying support of the Zionists?) and then others will start lobbing nukes at us instead of the real perpetrator?

Now the head Zionist was here last week soliciting our support ... trying to make President Obama pronounce our backing such a stuuuuupid stunt! What the H3ll?
 part deux
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/10/2012 3:28:14 PM
Congress is composed of the house of representatives and the senate, pehaps you did not know that?
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2012 3:54:10 AM

It should also be noted that the House of Representatives are not the same corrupt den of thieves that Congress is, eh?

Do you write for the republican equivalent of The Onion? Or do you really believe the stuff you write? Last time I checked Congress had the House of Representatives and the Senate that worked in concert. Now apparentlyin fevored brows, the House has seceded to become an entity more powerful than "congress", the President and the Supreme court, accountable to nobody else.

You do not see that our Constitution demands that that decision be made by American representatives alone, and not ordered by some foreign body politic?
Obama has admitted to taking his orders from foreign leaders, for crying out loud! Forget our reputation, damn.

Might wanna go back and look at the Constitution and get back to us on that claim. Ya might also want to look at history books, the part where other empires in contempt of all other foreign leaders, unilaterally tried to exert their will over the earth. Did not end well for them, and without middle eastern oil, we would be reduced to a third world has-been like post WW II Japan and Germany.

Does anyone believe that if we were confronted and surrounded like we have been doing to Iran lately, that we would not bluster and at least try to project some semblence of self defense? Map does not include naval and air power pointed at them.
http://www.juancole.com/2011/12/iran-has-us-surrounded-all-right.html

The horrific aspect of unleashing a global nuclear war should not be taken so cavalierly. Particularly in election seasons when the scum rise to the top, and chickenhawks are screeching their mating calls to the masses, hoping to breed yet more crazy. This is being driven by an agenda of people who believe in end times, based on a book that promises the land of milk and honey, streets paved in gold, halos and harps, if we only just go for the fire next time and use the Jews to get there.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2012 5:55:17 PM
yup. pretty infallible at the time to keeping slavery, misogny, and apartheid codified. The flounding fathers kwew all and anticipated it....years later with the Bill of Rights, and the building in of the 3 estates, not even anticipating then the prospect of a half negro president or a Pelosi/Hilary threat on their founding balls.

Still trying to say the Senate is not part of Congress is desperation, combined with ignorance, and multiplied with Foxupmanship. When the "senate" is controlled by the ignorant, is is good...when congress, the judiciary, and presidency balance on occasson..tis bad and evil. Just try to experiment in reality for a few minutes at a time on occassion....It's not so bad.
 cotter
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2012 5:33:46 PM

Breaking: Israel Security Cabinet Votes 8 To 6 To Attack Iran

So what? What's your point?

It seems to me that Israel attacking Iran is just going to make them even more hated in the world than they already are.

LMAO ... Iran's military is so plentiful that they could probably overrun Israel and take over without dropping a bomb.
 cotter
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 8:45:49 AM

LMAO ... Iran's military is so plentiful that they could probably overrun Israel and take over without dropping a bomb.

Iran is no match for an Israeli/American attack.

Oh dear ... how did this suddenly become an "Israeli/American" attack? Isn't it apparent that the Zionists are planning to go in on this alone? I sure hope they do.

Theres not a nation on the planet that could withstand that ungodly combo.
I guess I don't understand. When did President Obama commit to attacking Iran with Israel?
 trinity818
Msg: 45
Posted: 3/18/2012 9:31:19 AM
Ok ...now I guess I don't understand.

Apologist~D.A wrote:

Theres not a nation on the planet that could withstand that ungodly combo. (and do not buy the horse$hit fed to the masses-the US is just-a-itchin to take Iran off the map)

then cotter responds with:

When did President Obama commit to attacking Iran with Israel?

That doesn't make any sense. What am I missing here?

I fervently hope the US doesn't get involved militarily with Iran. The Republican candidates are all very vocal about stopping Iran at all costs. Although Obama has basically said the same thing, he is currently pushing for time & restraint. I have to acknowledge that I believe under Obama the odds of us getting involved are less than if we have a Republican POTUS. I hope he continues in this vein. I wonder how many other moderates out there feel the same way.
 cotter
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 3:55:38 PM

Ok ...now I guess I don't understand.

Apologist~D.A wrote:
Theres not a nation on the planet that could withstand that ungodly combo. (and do not buy the horse$hit fed to the masses-the US is just-a-itchin to take Iran off the map)

then cotter responds with:
When did President Obama commit to attacking Iran with Israel?

That doesn't make any sense. What am I missing here?
I think a good answer is that we have one poster with a wish of Israel and the US to attack Iran ... just for developing nuclear power. And then you have a poster who doesn't listen to any of that warmongering and just sees President Obama basically telling the ME bullies what they want to hear even though I doubt he has any intention of following through with any kind of attack on Iran.

http://walt.foreignpolicy.com/category/one_time_tags/obama_and_the_israel_lobby
The real disagreement between Obama and Netanyahu
One important thing to remember about the Annual Festival of Hyperbole (aka the AIPAC Policy Conference) is that the views of the attendees aren't representative of most Americans, let alone American Jewry, and that a lot of the speakers who are there to pay homage don't mean most of what they are saying. At least I hope not. President Obama walked a wobbly tightrope as well as one could have expected; the depressing feature is that he had to perform these sort of acrobatics at all. That's politics, folks.
Next up: Obama and Netanyahu meet at the White House. My basic take is that Netanyahu's view and Obama's view are essentially mirror-images of each other. Netanyahu says Iran is an "existential" threat to Israel, while he sees the Palestinians as just a problem to be managed. So he wants Iran's nuclear program ended, and by force if necessary, while the peace process drags on interminably. By contrast, Obama sees Iran as a problem to be managed through patient diplomacy, but he thinks the Palestinian issue is the real existential threat to Israel's future (and a continued liability for U.S. strategic interests). He'd like to put that one to rest ASAP, except that he's been forced to back down every time he's tried and he knows he can't say much about it between now and November.

http://www.whatthefolly.com/2012/03/07/analysis-obama-criticizes-republicans-for-playing-games-with-war/
Obama admonishes Republicans for playing ‘games’ with war

ANALYSIS
President Barack Obama yesterday denounced the GOP’s reckless talk of waging war against Iran, reminding Republican candidates that war should not be a “game” for their political gain.

President Barack Obama speaking at AIPAC's 2012 policy conference. SOURCE: WhiteHouse.gov
“What’s said on the campaign trail — those folks don’t have a lot of responsibilities. They’re not Commander-in-Chief. And when I see the casualness with which some of these folks talk about war, I’m reminded of the costs involved in war. I’m reminded that the decision that I have to make in terms of sending our young men and women into battle, and the impacts that has on their lives, the impact it has on our national security, the impact it has on our economy,” said Obama.

http://www.whatthefolly.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/NIAC-Washington-Post-Ad-ful.jpg
The following is something I found while researching other pages in this post …
Retired U.S. generals and intelligence officials took out a full-page ad in the Washington Post urging the President to "say no to a war of choice with Iran."

It’s not prudent at this point to decide to attack Iran … I think it would be premature to exclusively decide that the time for a military option was upon us… A strike at this time would be destabilizing and wouldn’t achieve [Israel’s] long-term objective.

Chairman of the joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey

… the United States would obviously be blamed and we could possibly be the target of retaliation from Iran, striking our ships, striking our military bases. … I think that the consequence could be that we would have an escalation that would take place that would not only involve many lives, but I think could consume the Middle East in a confrontation and a conflict that we would regret.”

Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta

A military solution as far as I am concerned … it will bring together a divided nation. It will make them absolutely committed to obtaining nuclear weapons. And they will just go deeper and more covert. The only long-term, solution in avoiding an Iranian nuclear weapons cabability is for the Iranians to decide it is not in their interest. Everything else is a short-term solution.”

Former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates

… what happens if another preemptive attack by the West, the U.S. and Israel, they fire up the streets and now we got problems. Just tell me how to deal with all that, okay? … Because, eventually, if you follow this all the way down, eventually I’m putting boots on the ground somewhere. And like I tell my friends, if you like Iraq and Afghanistan, you’ll love Iran.”

Former CENTCOM Commander General Anthony Zinni (ret.)

No strike, however effective, will be in and of itself decisive. … We haven’t had a contact with Iran since 1979. Even in the darkest days of the Cold War, we had links to the Soviet Union. We are not talking to Iran so we don’t understand each other. If something happens it’s virtually assured that we won’t get it right – that there will be miscalculations – which would be extremely dangerous in that part of the world.”

Former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Michael Mullen (ret.)

Dear Mr. President,
The U.S. military is the most formidable military force on earth. But not every challenge has a military solution.

Unless we or an ally is attacked, war should be the option of last resort. Our brave servicemen and women expect you to exhaust all diplomatic and peaceful options before you send them into harm’s way.

Preventing a nuclear armed Iran is rightfully your priority and your red line. Fortunately, diplomacy has not been exhausted and peaceful solutions are still possible.

Military action at this stage is not only unnecessary, it is dangerous – for the United States and for Israel. We urge you to resist the pressure for a war of choice with Iran.

Sincerely,

Major General Paul Easton (USA, Ret.)
Tom Fingar, Fmr. Deputy Director of National Intelligence for Analysis
Lt. General Robert G. Gard, Jr. (USA, Ret.)
General Joseph Hoar (USMC, Ret.)
Brigadier General John H. Johns, PhD (USA, Ret.)
Major General Rudolph Ostovich III (USA, Ret.)
Paul Pillar, Fmr. National Intelligence Officer for the Near East & South Asia
Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson (USA, Ret.)

http://baylorlariat.com/2012/03/06/u-s-israel-discuss-force-versus-diplomacy-in-iran/
U.S., Israel discuss force versus diplomacy in Iran
WASHINGTON — Taking sharply different stands, President Barack Obama urged pressure and diplomacy to prevent Iran from getting a nuclear bomb while Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu emphasized his nation’s right to a pre-emptive attack. Even in proclaiming unity on Monday, the leaders showed no give on competing ways to resolve the crisis.

OP ...
I really don't think President Obama is as dedicated to getting into a war with Iran ... just think he said it to get the visiting Zionist off his back for now.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 4:13:30 PM
Cotter...It's sad that the anti-war movement threw up their arms in disgust and dis-empowerment when Obama carried forth many the previous administration's worst errors. It showed that Ike's warnings had come to fruition and that even with Obama, the agenda had been set in motion. Bush was a more willing participant, but it sucks mightily that the middle has fallen.

Now it seems with the latest posts coming out of the CATO institute and other conservatives, that the fading middle of the conservative movement is the new anti-war movement. At least we have that.
http://www.salon.com/2012/03/08/washingtons_new_antiwar_movement/singleton/
 OnlineFishBowl
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/20/2012 3:22:37 AM
Iran is officially announcing that they'll be selling oil for gold soon, probably this week. there's also a report that Russia has moved into Syria probably to battle the CIA run Al Queada group running around trying to take over the country. the States are going to see this as an act of war & declare war against Iran, Russia & China.

with the Pentagon taking orders from the UN - who are in turn run by oversea banksters - & Obama getting ready for martial law back home, it's going to be a gong show.
 cotter
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2012 3:40:37 PM

... & Obama getting ready for martial law back home, it's going to be a gong show.
Hmmmm ... Okie Dokie ...

I think a good answer is that we have one poster with a wish of Israel and the US to attack Iran ... just for developing nuclear power.

Say whaaa? Me? Want a war with anyone?
The statement was a general statement, but if the shoe fits ... feel free to wear it.
 cotter
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2012 4:24:21 PM

The statement was a general statement, but if the shoe fits ... feel free to wear it.

Perhaps you'll see fit to forgive my presumptions, and clarify whom you were addressing then, hm?
Again, the statement was a general statement ... if the shoe fits, feel free to wear it.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 52
Posted: 3/24/2012 7:11:30 PM

This:

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/internet-memes-scumbag-government.png
 cotter
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2012 4:53:43 PM
As I've often said ... I have no interest in watching any kind of youtube or video clip.

Approximately two hundred Marines were told to leave their weapons outside a tent while listening to Panetta's speech ...
Only two hundred Marines ... not every single Marine in Afghanistan.

... but many state disarming the Marines will lead to a morale problem due to a high official distrusting his own troops.
I note they didn't state just exactly "who" it was that stated disarming the Marines will lead to a morale problem. It seems to me the person who supposedly stated that might just have been an alarmist.

Sources state the Marines felt uncomfortable being without their weapons in what is essentially a war zone.
So how do they go to the bathroom or take a shower ... without taking their "weapon" in with them? Do they get a morale problem when they have to leave their weapon behind then?

This was odd and hypocritical to many, given that many feel the Obama administration ostensibly armed drug cartels with Fast and Furious weapons that were used to kill hundreds of Mexican citizens, and at least two U.S. citizens, Border Patrol agent Brian Terry and ICE agent Jaime Zapata, and no one has called for the death penalty in these cases, let alone actual charges being filed.
What does any of that have to do with Marines being disarmed for whatever reason?
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >