Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Gay Marriage      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 scareymush
Msg: 56
Consanguineous marriage should be bannedPage 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
My Ma and Da were shopkeepers...I worked alongside my Da in his shop since age 12....nowadays they call shopkeepers entrepreneurs haha. But my parents, whilst wanting to earn a living, were more inclined to enjoy and be justifiably proud of providing a much-needed service.

Seriously, that's fascinating about your grandfather...I used to work as a gardener for a wonderful woman who I met when she was 83 years old, her husband, he was a Scot and he was a Protestant...she wasn't allowed to marry him in the eyes of the Catholic Church unless he converted. Now this woman, her name was Maureen, this woman was a lot like my mother....she was famous for fighting for Irish Travellers' rights and she loved being Catholic....her Scottish husband to be refused to convert to Catholicism, he said to her the Catholic Church was full of sh1t because they were insisting on his conversion otherwise the marriage would be illegal in the eyes of God...and their children would not be considered properly Catholic.

She married him because she loved him and knew he was the only man for her...they allowed them to marry in a Catholic church but not at the altar...in some side room in a church where nobody knew her, on a day when nobody was likely to notice...and she at 83 was still feeling so sad about that, she told me it made her question her belief but she remained defiant, retained her belief and understood that some people are just simply cruel and unfair.

Her husband was dead by the time I met her but I'd love to have met him...he sounded great to me. She was widowed at a young age so we both related to each other on the basis of having to be single parents. She and her husband were architects and they built the house she lived in together piece by piece, every little nook and cranny forged by their hands alone...I remember being massively impressed by the modernity of their home built in the 50s and the brilliant copper hooded fireplace. Mostly I loved her garden and how she'd remember the story of each flower and tree which flourished there, a gift from a friend, grown from a seed...she used to get me to shovel up stuff from the bottom of her pond saying it held marvelous nutrients for the vegetable patch otherwise I'd be kept busy turning over her compost pile with a garden fork. I'd feel like my 15 yrs younger self was kind of exploited..except we'd take an hour long break in between where I was treated to elderflower cordial and lemon sizzle cake and a lot of wisdom.
 scareymush
Msg: 57
Consanguineous marriage should be banned
Posted: 8/21/2017 3:24:48 PM
Just be mindful that most people are lovely and kind...take heart.

Wotsisface is a troll...none of what he posts should be taken seriously, his intent is to attempt to exacerbate his lack of belief and faith in human beings by accusing. He's a bad person with a soul as black of the ace of spades...he's an attention seeker and if my guess is correct his name is John and he's my stalker....patriciaanne who's posted on here is the helen I've mentioned..it's what she does, she's a well known liar, John is the same.

The worst people I've known have never been as bad or evil as stalker John and Rangers fan Helen aka patricianne... the two of them are relentless..I don't know why or what's up with them, I know they are fake though.
 Jo van
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/22/2017 5:41:30 AM
Just thought it was worth pointing out that something like 20% of ALL pregnancies end in "spontaneous abortion", or "miscarriage". (Some say more, as 80% happen during the first trimester, and often people didn't even know they were pregnant, and just think they're "late")
Those who object to elected abortion on "religious grounds", and believe in "god" should wrestle with that fact.
If you believe in "god", then you must also believe that "god" aborts more babies, than all the abortion clinics, legal or illegal, combined.

These are offspring who are often desperately "wanted".
We had 4 of these before our first child was successfully borne full-term.
The last one was actually in the hospital, where she'd been for a week before. They had the foetus to examine, and found no obvious reasons and/or "defects".

You can imagine how much "fun" it was, shitting myself, for nine months, the next time, and then shitting myself on the day of delivery.
It's always in your mind that there had to be a reason.
Fortunately, he was perfect, and still is, some 35 years later.

As to "no other animals would consider it", many animals kill, and/or eat their own offspring, and others become the first meal for them.
Some eat their own breeding partners.
Some provide "living larders" of other animals for their offspring to eat.
Many just lay their eggs, and then, fvck-off.
Nature is actually far more horrifying than horror fiction.

I'm just wondering if "Tiny" up there lines-up 100,000 tiny coffins, every time he has a wank, and gives them a full military funeral.?
Each one of those little swimmers was a "life". :

I suppose his obvious ignorance of females is understandable, he probably hasn't had that much exposure. (Maybe he had no sisters?)
The sad part, is that unless he modifies his views, and actually bothers to learn something, if he does manage to get one, she'll be gone in a couple of weeks.
And then he'll go back to complaining about women, again.

Back on topic:
"Marriage" is a meaningless ritual, and all people should be able to access that meaningless ritual, if they want to.
I never bothered myself, preferring to make my "vows" in private.
27 years, and two kids, better than many "marriages".
It was a "rolling 24hour contract", renewed at midnight, every day, until it wasn't.
Words said "in public" have no more "meaning" than words said in private. (Often, less so)
Jmo.
 10ky
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/22/2017 6:07:53 AM
... and of course, the typical (beeeep) who cannae differentiate between a sperm cell and an embryo (be it single or multi-celled) cannae not make an appearance! Alas... are you pro-abortion folk in favour of euthanising (humanly) old folk with/without their consent? Would that quench your thirst for injustice and murder? I kinda am becoming in fav of that lately..
 10ky
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/22/2017 7:09:34 AM
^^
1. Apologies if that offends u
2. I do regard abortion as murder (in most cases) and thus abortionists as murderers
3. I didn't see the Galway link. I ignore scareymush's posts most of the time
4. I do not have a 21 year old gf and I never said I did.
5. paliative care is pretty standard shite. Guess you just cannae not know quite a bit about it by me age esp. given that I smoke! (mopes)

Now you'll chill and stop being mad at me. Xx
 Jo van
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/22/2017 7:15:34 AM
Yeah, just concentrate on what was obviously a joke, and ignore the relevant part.
Here it is again:
20% (estimate) of ALL pregnancies end in abortion.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscarriage#/search

You've got a seriously distorted perception of the world.
Ignorance and anger are the worst combination.
Whatever.
It sucks to be you eh?
 10ky
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/22/2017 7:27:05 AM
-jo-jo
Kinda, I didn't read the whole post is all. Kinda, you write too much and say nothing usually so, I just skip anything by you or just skim over. Sorrys.

Aye, sucks to be me. I really wish I was you in fact. Feeling any better grandpa? smh.

Yeah, 20% end in abortion which is rather sad to say the least. What's you point? (shrugs)
 10ky
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/22/2017 7:31:20 AM
-paul

"The baby wouldn't have survived but she might have. They both died because she was refused an abortion"

Well, that's crazy shite. Her life should have been saved. Personally, I think the life of the mother should even be given priority over that of the child in such instances simply because the mother is better establish/less frail than the baby and thus her chances of surviving are better. A life for a life, makes no difference. To let them die both is just plain crazy.

Again, however, we are tackling exceptions here. What about that mother who has an abortion just because she wants to **** and does not want to face the consequences of her mistakes? Outrageous innit?

wtf are you ignoring me for? I swear you hate me guts. (¬_¬)
 10ky
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/22/2017 7:38:32 AM
^^
"You ban abortion you ban all abortions! You don't pick and choose!"

Why is that? Murder is illegal however murdering someone to save your life for instance isn't. Pickin' 'n' choosin' that is I says; aye? x
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2017 8:22:36 AM
I too am against abortion but I recognise there are times when it is necessary.

I am neither a medic nor a woman. I do not know what it is like to give birth nor am I ever likely to become pregnant because I've been raped. Nor will I ever know what it is like to feel abandoned whilst carrying a child I have no means of supporting. Nor will you or I ever feel the wrath of society on an unmarried Mother. Indeed as a man, I am expected to have sown my oats wildly. In Victorian times, rich men were almost expected to have sprogs all over the place otherwise, clearly a badge of pride for the royals and gentry to be a lad about town.

There are a ton of other experiences I am never going to go through because I am not a woman. I don't even in my daily life have to help pregnant women in distress in such situations.

So whilst I would like not one more abortion to ever happen, I am really pleased there are people out there who can help women in need and take the awful decisions I would never want to make.
 Jacknher
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/23/2017 8:23:42 AM
I had my son at 40. Had been told I couldn't have kids and the ex didn't mind that at all as he had two already......one of whom was living with us......so when I married a gained a 6 year old son and a visiting 4 year old daughter anyway.

Then I realised I was pregnant. and as I was 39 an amniocentesis was advised. I had the amnio although my ex was against it as there is a very slight chance of miscarriage afterwards and as far as he was concerned I should have the baby anyway even if it was Downs Syndrome.
Easy for him to say as the (by then 7 year old) was a major handful.....and my ex was not much help with the kids.

Sooooo I had some thinking to do and tried to picture myself a few years down the track.
At say 45....trying to cope with a major handful 12 year old, a visiting 10 year old, and a Downs Syndrome 5 years old. Or at 50 with a 17 year old handful a visiting 15 year old, and a Downs Syndrome 10 year old.
And I decided that if the amnio showed an abnormality I would be best to terminate. Luckily the test results were fine and I didn't actually have to go down that road......but I would have.
 10ky
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/23/2017 9:20:38 AM
^
I don't know.. I don't know... it's just so unfair to be honest. It's just plain unfair. Just because you happen to be the mother of someone, it don't mean that you're entitled to decide on behalf of that someone whether he should live or die. Cannae seem to get that outa me head.

vvv
Listen a wee bit to that rocket! tut tut tut ..
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2017 9:55:23 AM
Pretty brave post by Jacknher I thought, one which clearly sets out one womans experience.

Its OK for KY to be confused about the morality but then he will never be the one to suffer the consequences should the decision be left to him because as bloke, he can walk away from the situation.

I had a decent curry with a chap on Tuesday who has cerebral palsy and all that goes with it . His Dad walked out when he realised life was not so perfect anymore leaving his Mum to bring him up alone.
 10ky
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/23/2017 10:14:52 AM
-chapo

For one thing, I am/was not judging Jack - if that is what you're alluding to. My post was directed to her indeed but it was generic. When I said, "It's so unfair" I meant abortion is unfair in any (vast majority of) circumstance(s). The "I don't know" bit was intended to convey a degree of understanding of her point. Taking care of a disabled ked is by no means easy. I am aware that that has the potential of making one's existence a misery.

Secondly, this:

"Its OK for KY to be confused about the morality but then he will never be the one to suffer the consequences should the decision be left to him because as bloke, he can walk away from the situation."

IS TOTAL RUBBISH! Bloke or not, what difference does it make? Do you think that the fathers (who still qualify as blokes I'd presume) of disabled children don't suffer as much or even more than their mothers? Also, bloke or not, everyone has his own idea of justice. Mind is that murdering an innocent person is just unacceptable irrespective of the cell count of that innocent person. Of course, there are very few exception such as when the mother's own life is in jeopardy and so on. That I said and I'll keep saying and I am more than entitled to that irrespective of whether I have a pus.sy, a c0ck or both.

Now, get down on your knees and apologise!
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2017 4:24:15 PM

I was pregnant. and as I was 39 an amniocentesis was advised.

We were in the same boat. My wife was 38 when she fell pregnant with our youngest son. We didn't have an amniocentesis done because of the 1 in 10 miscarriage risk, but arranged and paid for a NIPT blood test instead. Thankfully, everything was OK.

Shrimpy seems to think that abortions are breezy procedures that women don't give a second thought to. It's not like that.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2017 1:25:23 AM
KY, no, I did take your reply as generic and as I sad above, I'm not in favour of abortion. I sincerely doubt anyone really is, it just happens to be an occasional necessity.

"IS TOTAL RUBBISH! Bloke or not, what difference does it make? Do you think that the fathers (who still qualify as blokes I'd presume) of disabled children don't suffer as much or even more than their mothers?"

Therein is your lack of understanding. I have never been a woman but I do think on the whole women, on average, are more emotionally attached to their children than men are. That was certainly true of my parents, perhaps my experience colours my view.

But the point I was making is that if the child is born disabled in some way, the bloke can walk away, women rarely will (in my experience). We know this happens from the figures. Not all single mothers choose to be single, it is often the men who make that choice.
 Jacknher
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/24/2017 10:33:12 AM
I didn't take KY's post personally....and yes I agree with him. Termination should NEVER be an easy "out".

I love kids.....and I think the one think in life I am really good at is raising kids. If the the other two kids had not been part of the equation, I don't think termination would ever have been an option.
But I had to think about the two we/he already had......and how it was going to affect their lives.

It's a moot point anyway. And who knows......if the test results had shown an abnormality then I might have been offered enough support through the Oz system that I wouldn't have decided against termination after all. We'll never know.

I did find out later that there were support networks available when I worked for a Respite Care place for a while over there. We went into peoples homes or held after hours sessions in Special Schools......and we looked after kids with special needs for a few hours once a week so their parents could have a few hours quality time with their other kids.
 Jacknher
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/24/2017 9:01:29 PM
Pauline I was referring to 10Ky's reply to me.....as a couple of people seemed to think he might have insulted/offended me.

The tone of his reply to me was way less condemning though than some of the other chauvanistic drivel he has spouted on this thread.
 scareymush
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/31/2017 6:31:41 PM

3. I didn't see the Galway link. I ignore scareymush's posts most of the time

Yet my stalker, who doth protest too much, understood and acknowledged my post concerning Savita Halappanavar...

I'm the mother of a daughter born at 25 weeks at a weight of 1lb 6 ozs...does that fact mean that I ought not to be in favor of a woman's right to choose when it comes to abortion?

The fact my daughter survived her traumatic birth had eff all to do God and religion....my concern, my worry, my daily heartbreak...zero to do with some fvckers' improprieties being imposed upon..my experience was actually real...I was fortunate to have an amazing group of people caring for my girl, the doctor who headed that team was/is an extraordinary person, a wonderful and accomplished woman....seemingly, by rights, I should be against women being in control of their fertility as a result...no, nay, never!

My little tiny daughter's medical team would try and persuade me to have my daughter baptised..and I'd go mental at them...their contention was that just in case we really should ensure your girl gets baptised so she will be welcomed into the gates of heaven and won't have to suffer limbo...naturally, I was freaked out by this weird superstition of theirs, also steadfastly defiant..I'd complain to the consultant in charge and she took my side....she remonstrated with them and reminded them that imposing their religious beliefs on me was actually hurtful, upsetting and devastating....my own mother and father would never have dared to do the same and if anybody should own my daughter's destiny after me it would have been my ma and da, but the pair of them placed absolute faith in me despite my going against the grain.

I used to be told on a daily basis, after I'd asked the question "will my daughter survive the night?" that it was in the hands of the gods and it would be impossible to say she would be alive the next morning.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2017 12:58:03 AM
Limbo is not mentioned in the bible, it's just something made up by the Catholic Church like a lot of other stuff. That's why they fought against the bible being printed in English, they simply did not want ordinary people to find out what the bible does say.
 10ky
Msg: 76
Posted: 9/1/2017 6:12:09 AM
"That's why they fought against the bible being printed in English, they simply did not want ordinary people to find out what the bible does say"

Chapo, the problem is that round about the time you're talking about, only 0.00001% of the population could read, so, you've basically bought into the protestant propaganda and as we say, got hook, line and sinker all the way down you anus.

That aside, the Santa Chiesa Romana (aka Catholic church) did fight against having the bible printed and distributed and the reason for that was primarily to avoid misinterpretation of the bible and as a result the creation of radical sects such as the crazy baptists and shite like that in the states, the dumb Amish idiots, the Anglicans who lost their souls in the name of an angry adulterous king and so on.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2017 7:18:37 AM
^ Sheesh! Westboro wants you back!
 10ky
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/1/2017 7:59:08 AM
^
(rolls towel)(slaps you on your chubby arse)(walks away giggling while eyeing your wobbling bottom and you're screeching hysterically like the puzzy you are)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2017 8:28:23 AM
KY, sort of, but it was a much higher percentage than you are suggesting. It was all part of the same stuff though. The bible was in latin so the controlling classes could tell you what it said. The services were in latin too for the same reason and did you know mst cathedrals, abbeys, churches had screens so that the lay public couldn't see what was going on either. The some bloke would come from behind the screen into the pulpit, tell us peasants we weren't working hard enough, were fornicating too much and as a penance should give some money to the church!

Most of todays cathedrals and abbeys were built by Norman's who were told that God would look kindly on them if they gave the church a huge great church. Even the rich knobs fell for that one.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2017 8:46:28 AM

(rolls towel)(slaps you on your chubby arse)(walks away giggling while eyeing your wobbling bottom and you're screeching hysterically like the puzzy you are)

That's it, you keep dreaming, Gollum; I can imagine you giggling with your squeaky little girl voice, as your moobs bounce up and down while your running away all knock kneed ...
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Gay Marriage