Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Not married by 30, will it happen, ever?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chica.nice
Msg: 15
Not married by 30, will it happen, ever?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
hola que tal buenas tardes
:modhammer:
 thomhad1981
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Not married by 30, will it happen, ever?
Posted: 8/14/2012 4:38:31 PM
I don't think I want to get married even if I do find the right girl. Nowadays about 50% of marriages end in divorce anyway. My opinion you don't need to marry someone to truly love someone.
 rat-7
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2012 5:45:15 AM
Do not bother, if you have not found any one by the time you turn 30, then your chance of finding any one after are any where between zero and null
 HereticZero
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/16/2012 7:22:35 PM
80% of statistics are made up 60% of the time. :P

The thing about getting married earlier in life is that it has a higher chance of failure because people grow apart as they figure out who they really are. Who knows who they are in college? Most people don't.

The problem with getting married later is that there's less options as most people jump into relationship after relationship trying to find "the one" as they panic when the years go by.

Food for thought. ;)
 _allen_
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2012 9:17:29 PM

Over 30 I think you'll have a better chance at making a "mature" choice, rather than simply an emotional one.
And that choice make just be to stay single.
Marriage is not the only way to be with someone, nor does it ensure a lifetime of "togetherness".

^ This
Op, why are you allowing yourself to be pressure into marriage? The mature thing would be to find someone of quality worth your time. If it leads to marriage, then great if not ... even greater. There is nothing that says a person has to be married in order to enjoy a lifetime companionship with another.

You don't need a State signed and sealed union license to love someone.
 sunriseguy5
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/16/2012 9:25:10 PM
just keep it in perspective and be carefree-- if it happens ...yay! if not...oh well, life goes on because it is not the end of the world. being married has it share of problems and i feel being single is more easy to deal with.
 RandomFish123
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/9/2012 11:33:11 PM

Is it true that if you aren't married by 30, you have like an 80% chance of being alone for life?

Who decided 30 was the magic number?? ...

Should we all just crawl inside a hole and die now?....
 rocktman1973
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/9/2012 11:48:39 PM

I learned the hard way on rushing into married life. Trust me, it is not worth that. Be happy to be single and enjoy life without that pressure on you.

I couldn't agree with you more. When I was 27, I met a woman online. I moved across country to be with her and start a new life. After a year and a half of knowing her, we got married and already had bought a house together. She had it in her head that 30 was the magic number to be married and have a family. I didn't even feel like we had gelled as a couple yet and was pressuring me for children already. We were only married for a year at the time. She wanted a child so bad, that she started having a relationship with an ex boyfriend, hoping she'd get pregnant by him! As soon as I found out, that was it. Got separated, packed my shit and moved back to my home town.

Never again will I be pressured into marriage like that. It's totally not worth it. Not only did I have my heart crushed, but lost my home, my dog and my sanity. I'm not saying that marriage is a bad thing, but don't put a number on it. There is no rush, enjoy life now and what ever happens, happens. Just don't feel pressure that you have to be married.
 Walts
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/10/2012 3:38:23 PM
51 and have never walked up or down an aisle, other than being a best man or a ring carrying kid. That was enough of a show for me right there,but hey, there are still dreams(or would that be nightmares??????)
 rocktman1973
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/11/2012 12:07:25 AM
Marriage is so over rated now and bound to fail. Only suckers get married. Then the woman takes them for everything they have.
 FriendOfStars
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2012 11:16:06 PM
Having nearly been married myself, I wondered the same thing after my engagement ended. Suddenly, I found myself on my own again, and now in my early 30's. All I know is that in the end the best thing is just to remain true to yourself, no matter what anyone tells you. Believe in the things your are, and not what others would like you to be. It's wonderful to make that real connection with someone, but it's more important to find happiness with what you are given, and with the knowledge of you are.

Happiness should never depend on another person either, so I don't think a wife is a necessary ingredient in order to lead a good life. Don't give ever give up hope though. You never know, one day you could find a woman who is wise enough to appreciate the same qualities you already value in yourself. There's no statistics or laws that can ever account for moments like that.
 MARS-MAN
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2012 3:13:19 PM
I have never wanted to get married.

It has always been enough for me that a person loves me, I don't need a priest/church/ceremony to tell me that I love someone enough to spend the rest of my life with them.

The problem in Ireland is that many women still want a BIG church wedding where they can be a princess for the day. In fact it is seen as obligatory, a must, and anything else is STILL seen as socially unacceptable by many. I have gone to pains to ensure any woman I have been involved with knows my view on marriage, and that in itself has been enough to end relationships before they got a chance to get going.

If I end up alone, so be it, I reconciled that with myself some time ago.
And even though I am 43, my mother still mentions it from time to time, I realised along time ago that she does it because she is my mum, and she will never stop worrying about me.....ever....which is nice to know.
 rocktman1973
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/15/2012 8:11:47 PM
Like I said before.... only suckers get married
 rat-7
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2012 7:30:11 PM
Do not bother trying, there is no way you will ever find any one once you are over 30

If by the time you turn 30 you did not have any one in your life, then you will never find any one to be in your life, it is way too late by then
 PosiREP
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2012 7:27:02 PM
I thought I'd be married young. I'm 31 now and don't think it will ever happen even tho I'd like to be.

My sister is 27 and getting married next year. Not sure what to think.
 shayy6
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/23/2012 1:11:28 AM
im 37 never been married . ive seen to many not work in my life. made me think its not worth it. cause i beleave if you marry its forever no splitting up its forever
 greenIsis777
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/27/2012 12:10:43 AM
ha! I guess it's true if you believe it. and if you believe it you will undoubtedly be part of that 80%. at 37, I can't understand what some women's deal is with getting married, like they have to race the clock or fit into this little picture before it's too late. wtf?? anyway, I don't buy into any statistic that doesn't apply to me
 AstroCat505
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/27/2012 2:28:04 PM
My father told me once that after his years in the battlefield he had concluded that "usually humans are not grown up enough to understand, undertake, and appreciate marriage until they are 30 years old or more."
 lightningman1
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/29/2012 10:22:02 PM
Look on the bright side at least you have had lots of Girlfriends i am 36 and have not even had 1 girlfriend my whole life what do you think my parents think??????Loser
hehehe

I enjoy life we can not all be brad pitts of the world some of us have to be tard with the ugly stick.
Always look on the bright side of life.........
 chrismac1982
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/11/2012 1:59:26 AM
I've had sex with more women than I can remember, and I don't plan on ever getting married. Why the hell would I?
 zurichdublin188
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:32:10 AM
That 80% rule is total garbage.

No way.
 zurichdublin188
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/24/2012 12:32:56 AM
Damn...you explained that perfectly...

Very well said.

Can I get your phone number?
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/28/2012 5:02:22 AM
I don't think that there is anything wrong with looking for someone that wants to get married. Having adult companionship on daily basis is human. We r not Ment to be alone. And yes ppl want kids but not with just random ppl where both parent r home. And for marriage being overrated well I would want my white dress and wedding day and bridal shower and kids and so on. So working a lot and having hobbies worked for me for about 3 yrs. but last ur I realized I relly missing something and I know what that is. And as I jus turned 33 this summer finding that person at this age will be close to mirracle
 Airman4343
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/2/2012 6:08:43 PM
This is a particularly frightening topic to me. I definitely want to have kids and get married. I believe I have the social skills and charisma, but I have particular standards that most women that I meet can't fulfill. I don't feel my standards are high too, but apparently they are, and it's a scary thought, not going to lie.
 sunriseguy5
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/2/2012 9:21:33 PM
happiness and sadness is a state of mind. for truly lasting happiness one needs to have inner peace which can be obtained through practicing breathing meditation and contemplation meditation-- which has 2 parts -

1. analytical meditation - you notice the positive mind through reading or contemplating how it would be if the people you love are truly happy

2. placement meditation- you hold the feeling you get from analytical meditation and you get familiar with that feeling and you think to yourself how wonderful it would be if all sentient beings were completely happy and you feel the same thing and you send out the love and expand it and connect with the positive mind and spread it

never seek happiness from external sources because that will bring some happiness at first but is not long lasting and will lead to pain and sadness in the long run.

happiness has to come from within through obtaining inner peace

when you have inner peace, you can be happy despite being in a negative environment or when bad things happen, it won't bother you much.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Not married by 30, will it happen, ever?