Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Texas  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rainie59
Msg: 452
Sept. 13th - Boot Scootin' Fun at Big Texas - NorthPage 16 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
Well, alright. I'm up for all of that. Dancin, drinking, cavorting (what???did I really say that),it's all good
 TexasRose554
Msg: 454
view profile
History
Sept. 13th - Boot Scootin' Fun at Big Texas - North
Posted: 9/11/2008 1:53:23 PM
I am definitely out. In a mandatory evacuation zone and if I leave I can not come back in. Not to mention we go on curfew starting tonight and if you are outside from dusk to dawn you are subject to being shot. Bootcut...a dance with you just isn't worth a bullet.
 Rainie59
Msg: 457
Posted: 9/11/2008 3:02:21 PM
This looks like maybe a wash. After it hits the coast, it's supposed to veer up north, just where we want to go party. I'm all for Halloween. Bummer on this one though, I was soooo looking forward to getting outside the Loop. Oh well, I have a really good bottle of white zin from Messina Hof winery here in Texas and loads of movies to watch . I have tomorrow off so life is good.
 tidwellpost
Msg: 459
Posted: 9/11/2008 4:00:37 PM
Hey I will still plan on being there! Look forward to meeting you all! Those of you in the southern area near the coast are in our prayers. Hope that all is well!

Tidwell Post
 TexasRose554
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2008 5:02:31 PM
gas what gas....none around here
 lonely ole boy
Msg: 463
Posted: 9/11/2008 5:50:07 PM
Is out have been put on alert for S&R for the area. Might be a better thing for all those attended if its postponed that way folks who dont have a room or coming in from out of town can attend and enjoy the party. Would hate too learn somebody didnt make it home safley.
 fortynlvinit
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2008 6:58:06 PM
Saturday night Firstdad.. but some of us are coming in on friday as well..make it a weekend POF gathering...i would rather be with fellow pofer's then sitting home waiting for IKE to knock on door!! look forward to seeing everyone!

fortynlvinit
Msg: 466
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2008 7:01:32 PM
Hey anothertxguy.. you can take hwy 6 all the way down till it turns into 1960 and stay on that till you hit the "Big Texas" dance hall

fortynlvinit
Msg: 471
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2008 1:27:29 AM
Oh lucy just come on down and have some fun.. you can share room with me or what ever you want to do!! can' t wait to meet ya..

Deedee

fortynlvinit
Msg: 472
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2008 1:33:15 AM
For those who don't have a room I have a room and several others. your more then welcome to crash in my room for those who are coming to gathering and need a place to crash!! hope to see yall there..

Deedee

fortynlvinit
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2008 7:13:51 AM
Ok i looks like heading right for spring ,,, wondering if we can change for next weekend?

Deedee

alot of people arent going to be able to get there due to water being high and non passable..

fortynlvinit
Msg: 474
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2008 9:47:47 AM
IF ANYONE WANTS TO GO TONIGHT AND STAY OVER,, I HAVE A ROOM WITH 2 DOUBLE BEDS...SO IF YOU WANT TO SHARE THE EXPENSE'S ON SHARING A ROOM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SET UP AND LET YA KNOW IF I HAVE A ROOMIE OR NOT.. THE ROOMS ARE $50.50 PER NIGHT SO LET ME KNOW ASAP...

THANKS
DEEDEE

TexasRose554
Msg: 475
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2008 11:09:59 AM
Some how the thought of not having a home to go back to ...not to mention having to leave behind 2 pets isn't putting me in a party mood.
 bones57
Msg: 481
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2008 3:44:23 PM
I'm still watchin the weather like everybody else.I'll make a decision when all this bull is over. Hope we can still have some fun
 lucilou
Msg: 482
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2008 4:13:30 PM
For all Houstonian, you all will be with my prayers , may you all and your family and dwelling be safe . I am no longer thinking of the party, been worried what this IKE will do to everyone who lives in Houston. At first it was us in Corpus and prayer helps and IKE rerouted somewhere else. So , lets all get together in our mind with prayers, after all these bad weather then we could plan for another party. Lets concentrate this time in praying to God for all safety. God Bless all. Lucilou:
 bones57
Msg: 485
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2008 6:02:20 PM
thanks 1pitstop May god bless ya.im just layin lo till this goes away god bless
 fortynlvinit
Msg: 488
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2008 8:41:53 PM
Im here at the motel and the only thing were getting here is some wind.. Ok men are you going to let the women show yall up by not comming to the gathering tomorrow night...I cant wait to meet everyone from here.... Lets show IKE that he isnt going to stop us from having some fun!!

OK men if he women are willing to get out and come to gathering tomorrow night... show them you can handle a little wind and rain....

lets have some fun..

Deedee

AnotherTxGuy
Msg: 491
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 8:23:14 AM

Afraid I won't make it after all. Got some trees on the house so I have to wait for the storm to finish and go start accessing damage and learning to cut down trees. This one will be a new adventure for me so it should be quiet fun. hew do they include instructions with chain saws, lol. Hope all is well with everyone, Take care all and I'll catch the next outing.

As already suggested, try to check with your insurance company before you remove damage.

Sometimes you walk a fine line with insurance. If you fix/clean up too well, they won't take your claim as seriously. If you fail to take what they feel are reasonable steps to minimize continued damage from rain, etc. then they won't reimburse for the extra damage.

Document, document, document and get the name of the person you're dealing with.
 1965Pisces
Msg: 492
Posted: 9/13/2008 8:43:39 AM
Hey, Katy, TX Girl, How’s The Electric Out There. I have full power at home, probably the same as Shende????
 lucilou
Msg: 493
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 9:32:36 AM
Hope everyone are safe and unhurt, thank God its over. How is the power at the club? will there still a party? We didnt have any wind or damaged, only big waves and high water level. The water outside went all the way to my deck, I have never seen water this high in my back yard. Lots of dried palm trees leaves. Have a good day to all, hope you are all ok . Lucilou
 1965Pisces
Msg: 495
Posted: 9/13/2008 12:05:04 PM
Thanks for the information.

Motel has no power????
How about the bar???? I bet its the same, most likely the same electrical grid????

I wish I could have protected my newly found friends some way so the storm wouldn't have effected any one of us.
However lets just pray that none of our friends or their family have suffered any serious losses or loss of a love one. Amen

If any one else has information to help all of us others please forward it here.
If its okay with the site????
 ponytailoftx
Msg: 498
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 8:27:09 PM
I watched the radar report of the hammering that Spring took today! I wondered if the party would go on ... kinda glad it will be rescheduled so maybe I can go! Sounds like Boot and Miss 40 are keepin the dream alive tho! Hahaha!

As for me ... the generator is humming outside and I figured out how to make the DSL work ... we have fans blowing and strawberry margaritas ... life is A-OK in my little neck of the tree fallen down everywhere woods!

East of Huntsville got wind and rain but I've heard of no major damage thus far other than the expected! I hope y'all got thru ok wherever you may be!

Hugs to Celpers who has a tree in the middle of her house and hope you can figure out the picture taking, claim filing and chainsaw running! Call me if you want help! Not sure I'd be good for much ... but I'll try! I do know how to file the claims! LMAO

Talked to Miss Shende for awhile tonight ... she seems to have partied a tad w/out us! Dang woman ... hope her headache isn't too horrible tomorrow!

Stratdigger is stranded in Oklahoma City waiting on a load to somewhere so he's safe and sound!

Since my stupid cell phone won't work so great, I can't check on Mr. Bones ... I hope he's ok over there in Splendora land!

Good wishes to everyone else ... take care and keep us posted! I'll stay tuned for the party update!!!
 ponytailoftx
Msg: 500
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 8:46:22 PM
WHAAATT?? Mr Fishy loves me?? OMG ... who knew?? Thanks ... I'm blushin and stuff!
 MommaRockz
Msg: 503
Posted: 9/14/2008 3:29:30 PM
I am happy to see all of you are doing well after that ugly Ike! Dang I only seen it on TV and it scared me!

Thank God you are all over it and ok!
 Rainie59
Msg: 505
Posted: 9/16/2008 9:11:47 AM
Things in Katy were rockin but we fared much better than most. I only was w/o power Fri 6 pm to Sat 7 am. Off work yesterday but back today but there's no one here. We even got to wear jeans and tennis shoes and they are providing us lunch all week. Finally was able to get gas this morning without waiting in line. But I have no groceries at home. Hope that things start getting back to normal by the weekend. It's so sad about Kemah, Galveston, Crystal Beach and all those people who weathered it out - probably out to sea. One thing we have learned over the years living here in Texas, you don't mess with Mother Nature. Hope everyone who went through Ike is safe - we will rebuild with or without FEMA. They dropped the ball big time when the first responders showed up on Sat - no water, no food. That's our government at work.
Show ALL Forums  > Texas  >