Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Home Nudity?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 outwestinaz
Msg: 1
Home Nudity?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Why is it that so many women find home nudity a big turn off? I enjoy being nude around the house and that there is nothing better than sleeping in the nude but when the suggestion comes up, women run like hell! They never seem to mind the sexual aspect of it but scoff at the idea of otherwise being nude together. Fewer women would even entertain the idea of going to a nude beach or even getting nude in a hot tub in the privacy of my own home. Why is that?
 no_1_bby
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Home Nudity?
Posted: 8/2/2008 12:56:52 PM
I primarily sleep in the nude... rare is it that I sleep with jammies on. My kids have seen me naked. Nudity isn't that big of a deal. Naked doesn't equal sex you know.

While I have no problem being nude in my home or around *some* people.. I'm not comfortable being nude around everyone I know... or even people I don't know. Go figure.
 windloverr
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Home Nudity?
Posted: 8/2/2008 2:13:49 PM

Fewer women would even entertain the idea of going to a nude beach or even getting nude in a hot tub in the privacy of my own home. Why is that?
Like everything else "fear of the unknown"; it's a new experience.

Believe it or not, nude beaches are, for the most part, asexual. Those of you laughing, or saying BS have never been to a nude beach have you? All nude beaches that I am aware of are actually "clothing optional"; meaning you could wear a snow suit if you wanted to. Take her to a nude beach. Do it as "a lark." Let her know you'll be wearing your suits. Once you get there you'll be amazed at how fast it goes from being a novelty, to being normal to boring. Once you've relaxed, "go for it" and slip your suit off. Again, you'll go form watching everyone to see if they're looking at you and laughing to completely comfortable in about 10 minutes. Then you can stand up and walk around for a few minutes. Once you are comfortable, it is amazing at how liberating it is. It feel so "natural"; it really does; and, YES, asexual. I'm a guy. I'm a very sexual guy. I have seen absolutely drop dead beautiful women at a nude beach; and sexual thoughts are actually lessened. I guess it's because if she's wearing tight jeans, or a short skirt, you are racking your brain imagining what she looks like naked; and when you see her naked in a non-sexual setting, all the work has been done for you, LOL. On the flip side, seeing people 30-40 years older than you naked isn't "gross", it's natural. Well, there goes any chance I had of getting a date on POF, LOL.
 blonde chickie
Msg: 4
Home Nudity?
Posted: 8/2/2008 4:32:44 PM
I happen to love being nude in my home and in my partners home. I like to sleep nude, do anything in the nude, I have no problems with nudity
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Home Nudity?
Posted: 8/2/2008 8:33:46 PM
Some are just more comfortable with nudity than others.

My father may now fit the 'old' stereotype, but he set the tone in our household when I was a kid and my sister and I followed suit. Mom wasn't comfortable being nude around us, but had no problems with the three of us wearing or not wearing whatever we chose around the house. To this day when he's here for a visit he'll often take nude jogs through the woods. Mom just smiles and shakes her head.

I don't take it quite to that extent, but as a long time whitewater enthusiast, I find most of my friends of either gender find it a lot easier to not have to go to great lengths to seek privacy when we're changing into dry clothes at the end of a river trip. For those more modest, nobody makes a big deal about it, but "don't look or don't care!" is a commonly heard phrase at river takeouts.

I've never felt inclined to seek out a nudist beach or nudist camp or some such, because for me nudity isn't the point. Being comfortable is.

Living alone out in the boonies I wear or don't wear whatever feels comfortable, and if it's hot, that generally means nothing at all around the house. Usually when I'm outside I'll have at least shorts and sandals on, but that's more to avoid ouchies in sensitive places than for any other reason. If I take a dip in the pond or creek I skinny dip so I'll have dry clothes to put on afterward, and sleep is always done naked. I've never worn anything in the hot tub, and sometimes make the five minute trek from house to hot tub naked, sometimes not.

The women in my life over the years have mostly shared my practices, but not all, and among my river friends I don't notice any gender bias when it comes to nudity comfort levels.

Dave
 lovinglife369
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Home Nudity?
Posted: 8/2/2008 8:49:36 PM
ersonally, i live in sc, very humid.....naked most of the time....as soon as i get home, the clothes come off! i live by myself, so nobody to worry about!
 MiaCat74
Msg: 7
Home Nudity?
Posted: 10/28/2011 3:35:32 PM
Home is clothing optional
Sure I will have a bathrobe or something about incase someone comes to the door

But if Im home alone or with a SO then if Im just chilling then why do I need clothes?
 MsMicki
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Home Nudity?
Posted: 10/28/2011 8:22:01 PM
One of the reasons I live in the country!! ^^^
I can pretty much walk my whole back yard naked and noone would know!

Glad I have a dog that lets me know when someone is here.....because 90% of the time I'm either naked or have very little on.....gives me time to grab a robe before they get to my door!
 want to travel
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Home Nudity?
Posted: 10/31/2011 5:42:12 PM
I like to sleep with a t shirt on, but home nudity, is fine, being naked is fine, nothing wrong with it
nothing at all!!!!!
 dondea
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Home Nudity?
Posted: 11/1/2011 11:23:39 AM
LOL, viper! Are you saying it's colder in Pennslyvania than in Indiana? Have you been to the midwest in winter? Ms Micki might be one of them thar polar bears. BRRRRRR!

Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Home Nudity?
Posted: 11/1/2011 9:32:32 PM
Pennsylvania?
Indiana?

You warm weather states are complaining?

Out here in the hinterlands of the Montana Mountains -30 F (-80 F with a wee wind chill) is not unknown. While I am a fan of clothing optional around the house I am thankful I have a new gas stove in the living room alongside the fireplace. And the wood stove in the basement, the central furnace, and hot water boiler. Yeah, I know, a bit of redundancy, but am in the process of finishing a major remodel and heat sources kind'a accumulated. Anyway, the redundancy makes the clothing optional thing possible when it's howling outside.

TK
[brrrr]
 MsMicki
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Home Nudity?
Posted: 11/16/2011 11:35:12 AM
if they can see me from those heights.......more power to 'em!

wondering if anyone actually wanders around outside when it's below zero outside no matter where they live? (other than to hop in the hot tub!)
 MsMicki
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Home Nudity?
Posted: 11/17/2011 6:54:13 AM

I do. Doesn't bother me that much as long as I'm dressed for it...

In the context of this conversation.......being "dressed for it" would negate the whole
"nudity" aspect!
 EasyPeasy72
Msg: 14
Home Nudity?
Posted: 11/18/2011 9:56:40 PM
I once worked where they made doughnuts. For the first few days I found it cool to get the rejects and take them home by the box full to eat. But after a while it was all sugar, coloring, and flour in different mixes. I was satiated..................... need I say more. I've never wanted doughnuts the same way since.
 Ole Rog
Msg: 15
Home Nudity?
Posted: 11/18/2011 11:58:03 PM
Doughnuts???? I just love oral with doughnuts....eat around the ring babydoll!
 totalazzhole
Msg: 16
Home Nudity?
Posted: 11/20/2011 1:18:02 PM

Heck....I walked around nude all the time in my old house, in front of the windows, at night, lights on...
neighbor was smacked one time because he told his wife he was looking at stars....which happened to be nearly identical and flesh toned

She wasn't very happy needless to say...

that was quite complimentary of him, modivin

he considered you a STAR! or maybe he considered the ta-tas the twin stars of Nebulon or something
 Frogy27
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Home Nudity?
Posted: 4/23/2012 9:19:47 AM
Ism only naked for sex and shower I would never go nude that just w
rong
 DomG79
Msg: 18
Home Nudity?
Posted: 4/30/2012 1:27:10 PM
It's your house. I live alone and home nudity is a must. If they have a problem with that, they are stupid. Do they shower with their clothes on too? Seriously, they act like they were born clothed. It sounds like you are encountering the wrong women. People always talk about the right ones and wrong ones, you just painted a more clear picture of what the wrong ones could be.

I can be found in panties and a white shirt.
thats far as i go for home

That is good enough for me, but some are even too prude for that.
 DomG79
Msg: 19
Home Nudity?
Posted: 4/30/2012 1:42:49 PM

Well, genitals aren't the most attractive things on men or women.

Speak for yourself, I've seen my share of adorable vaginas.
 buzz2020
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Home Nudity?
Posted: 9/9/2012 6:24:42 AM
I have friends and neighbors that are ok with me being in my birthday suit here in my place or at their place. i have one lady friend that lets me go skinny dipping in her pool. It's nice to have good friends.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Home Nudity?