Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > When did you fall in love with music?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 meoowzie
Msg: 26
view profile
History
When did you fall in love with music?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
it was always in my house. a big activity in my family. none of my parents played any instruments, but teh tv shows and the radio were me exposure.

we had a wide variety of music too: sing along with mitch to listening to chicago symphany on free nights in the summer. they would place near the lake in the band shell NIIIIIICe
 Musique08
Msg: 27
view profile
History
When did you fall in love with music?
Posted: 8/13/2008 7:18:03 PM
Not sure really, I liked some music from a young age. Probably got more into as I started getting CDs, listening to the radio and whatever, from maybe around age 13. Ah music, I do love it (hence my name!).
 ~Ashie~
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2008 7:19:35 PM
well i would have to say 5th grade bc thats when i started playing the flute and from there i went on learning 3 other instruments and also fall in love with music all kinds of music

SOOO YEAH I ♥ MUSIC HA
 shananana
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/13/2008 9:00:28 PM
well it all happend in my really young years i just went into my own world when music came on
i always loved soul music
 Zing_Pong
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/15/2008 5:39:05 PM
First time I heard The Offsprings Smash album back in 94 when I was 13/14. I'd been listening to music before, but nothing got to me like that album did.
 tarwater
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/16/2008 8:29:38 AM
I was just writing about this to someone recently... I don't remember not having music around. I pretty much fell in love with it when I was just a little kid, listening to my mother's old 45 rpms and compilation albums of mostly 60's bubblegum pop, girl groups, Motown and French cabaret stuff (Edith Piaf, Jacques Brel, et al.). Throw in some Patsy Cline and ABBA, then a dose of 70s FM radio (courtesy of my older sister) and you'll pretty much have the soundtrack to my pre-teen years.
 MrRhoads
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/16/2008 1:37:35 PM
Some of my earliest memories are of my mom playing her albums for me on the record player (she was a big music nut). She had every genre imaginable, and I remember listening to this stuff, just spending hours with her dancing and singing. I miss that.
 pcman27
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2008 2:41:46 PM
I grew up with a family of musiicians. Some, even semi-professional. So for me, I've always had a love for music because it was such a part of my everyday life growing up. And it still is. I cannot go a day without listening to music of some sort.
 LaughingInsanity
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/16/2008 8:53:59 PM
My first favorite song was Beck's "Loser"... I don't remember how old I was and it wasn't how I got into music, but I did get "Odelay" at some point, and I think that kinda helped to shape my music taste in the future.
My brother would always play something different whenever we hung out, only a few things really caught my interest, Bile was the band that captured me the most, my brother let me borrow all their cds that he had before he moved out... I still have them :D When I got the internet when I was 16, nothing really changed, but near my 17 birthday, I started using the internet again and found out about file sharing programs... THAT'S when my love of music started. In two years, I had surrounded myself with as much music from as wide a range as I could find.
 dg1973
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/17/2008 10:33:23 AM
I would say it had to be by the age of 3. I remember the live TV concerts from Elvis, according to family, I would not leave from the front of the TV. Since then I've listened to just about everything I can get myself exposed to and love every minute.
 aerobear79
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/17/2008 7:34:21 PM
I think I can somewhat pinpoint when I fell in love with music. When my parents were still married, we didn't listen to a lot of music. However, there was this one family that lived down the road from us who had a standup piano. During the school year, we used to go to their house and they would see us off, as both our parents worked. I almost always went right to the piano and tried to play something. The problem was that I couldn't read the notes, but my brother and sister supposedly could. I would ask them to teach me, but that was just one of those thing I guess they liked holding over my head.

Following the divorce of my parents, my grandmother moved in with us. My fourth grade year, our music teacher informed us that she would be teaching us how to read music. She also said that if we had keyboards at home, we should bring them in so that we could learn not only how to read the notes, but how to apply that to the keyboard. I begged my grandmother to buy me one and she did that Easter. Oh yeah, my siblings weren't happy because that meant I was going to be in the know. The minute I learned the notes and all, my love for music grew rapidly. I couldn't get enough and still can't to this day.
 techgirl27
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2008 8:33:31 PM
too young to say... I think it was native...

Began playing piano when I was 4 yrs old, other instruments since I was 9. I still play bass. I am and always will be a music lover.
 _Icon_
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/17/2008 10:16:20 PM
I was about 2. My dad would pick me up, dance around the living room and sing Blue Velvet to me, lol.

When I was 7, I asked him for my first horn. It was a cheap Getzen cornet. I slept with it and started learning classical theory that year. I didn't fall in love with Bach until high school. I was a total band nerd and yes, I've been to band camp.

Before I was even 10 years old dad took me to see Roy Orbison, Carl Perkins, Chuck Berry and I can't even remember who else. It is my deepest regret that his collection of 78s were not archived but I think I'm over it now. Maybe.
 toowild4u
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/18/2008 2:49:12 PM
Great question/topic post!

Some of my earliest memories was the first few KISS albums, Chet Atkins & Les Paul (Chester & Lester), the Woodstock 69 album, The Doors, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, The Blues Brothers, Paul Butterfield Blues Band and Eric Clapton. These were some of the earliest I heard family and friends playing on LP. Of course, seeing MTV in its infancy was mind blowing, too! I can remember being very turned off by disco, but very much loving punk. Nothing has changed all these years later and I'm still listening to all of these groups!
 chiwoman29
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/18/2008 11:05:18 PM
I fell in love with music when I was 5 or 6. After my dad would finish practicing with his band, I used to sneak into the basement, play his records, and use his microphones (if he forgot to put them up). That Whitney Houston self-titled debut album is what did it for me!
 everybodyelsesgirl
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/27/2008 4:53:42 AM
At the age of 4yrs.. me ,my mothers record player and Nancy Sinatra's "These boot's are made for walking" . Soon after that my love affair with Joan Jett started , from that point on i never looked back!
 xShaggsterx
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/27/2008 6:33:30 AM
In pre-school I fell in love music. My first tapes were Durran Durran and Huey Lewis. in the 1st grade. By 5th grade it was Guns n Roses, Poison, and the Crew. Middle school was Alice in chains, Metallica, Kris Kross, LL Cool J, Wrecks n Effect. And by high school and all went down hill: Gangsta rap was introduced, Dr. Dre, Onyx, Wu-Tang. But it the same time Pantera, NOFX, White Zombie. And today I like all except for country.
 silverswan
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/28/2008 10:33:02 AM
don't laugh...but i was 8 years old and watching leonard bernstein's young people's concerts... they played Beethoven's Third, the Eroica...and that did it.... my soul was captured for life.
 swordedsaint
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2008 1:42:37 PM
I was a late bloomer, I think I was about 12 or 13 or so and i put my sisters head phones on and listen to an ELO albumn, it just took me away from all my troubles and I just got lost in the music. Music still does that for me, its a beautiful thing.
 raleighNCsoldier
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/28/2008 1:49:45 PM
when i heard the songs "microphone fiend" & "it takes 2". i was about 10 i guess & have loved music, especially hiphop, ever since.
 WeAre1
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2008 6:00:02 PM
I am extremely fortunate to have had a really musical and creative upbringing.
My parents always played classical music on the radio in the house and in the car - left it on even when they went to work 'to keep the cats company' :) ....so I was exposed to it from birth.
Then I started ballet when I was 5 and in those days ballet classes always had a live pianist accompanying - so now live piano playing classics! (loved that)
My religion growing up had lots of singing and dancing in old traditional hebrew melodies and they were really beautiful.
Finally my brothers and I all had piano lessons from the age of 5 ....and then were expected to take a second instrument when we were 1o....so I started flute then....so lots of classical music in my life as a child (and I kept playing flute and piano ever since, though branched away from playing classical music on the flute).....

I think it was listening to Pink Floyd's "Echo" with my brother and cousin when I was about 14 that blew me away musically (and everyway else as well :) and I just knew then I would have a lifelong adventure with music (and dance).
 zombie_geek
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2008 7:04:09 PM
I fell in love with music when I realized that theres a song for however im feeling at any given time
 Philly88
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2008 10:27:46 PM
I am a product of the 80's. I grew up in a time when MTV actually played music videos. I remember enjoying the sounds and images of the likes of Hall and Oates and Duran Duran until I saw that Def Leppard video, Photograph. I still have an appreciation for most music including the former, but that Def Leppard song did something; it moved me to embrace that genre of music as my favorite. That was the beginning.

It was not until I associated a song with my first crush that I realized the power of song and how much I love music though. That song would be Love Walks In by Van Halen. It's weird, but I still sometimes think of that girl when I hear that song. It so happens, love walked out, as she moved to Florida the summer she asked me if I wanted to be her boyfriend. That was twenty years ago.
 findingthemagic
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/28/2008 4:12:04 AM
Always was, always will be
 snowpeach06
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/28/2008 7:08:16 AM
I'd have to say it was the summer after I graduated from high school. That's when I stopped just listening to what was on the radio, and started trying to find new music. I realized that if you search it out, you can find the most amazing and breathtaking things, and it was pretty much love at first listen. And from there, my tastes have only expanded.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > When did you fall in love with music?