Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > When did you fall in love with music?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Its_just_Geoff
Msg: 51
When did you fall in love with music?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
When I was probably 4 or 5 I used to lay on the floor in front of the console (anyone remember those?) stereophonic record player, and listen to my parent's album of Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass - A Taste of Honey over and over and over. I guess that was my first time falling in love with music. It's been a part of my life ever since.
 sharon_isfine4now
Msg: 52
When did you fall in love with music?
Posted: 9/28/2008 9:32:06 PM
Ohhh...Dick Clark and the American Band Stand....I use to rush home from school to watch him. My introduction to Motown, The Beach Boys, so many..... and of course....we cant forget, the DANCING........
 irishchick3
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/29/2008 7:17:54 AM
My grade 8 English teacher had us base a poetry assignment on a song. I chose The Trees by Rush. I had never realized the poetry in music, and probably for the first time, I grasped the message in it. I now listen to all types of music, because the beauty is in the meaning.

bamagal63
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/29/2008 10:38:00 AM
I think I also came out of the womb loving music...my dad loved to write songs and he would sing to us kids when we were young!!!! I miss his cute little ditty songs!!
 phishkev
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2008 2:34:30 PM
OP-at the age of 8-radio and my older sister and brothers records led to the love I have today-I really don't even need the radio anymore, it's all pretty much crap...
 Cubed3d
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2008 4:18:54 PM
as far back as i can remember i've loved music in at least some form

from the bleeps and bloops of my nintendo (who doesn't love the mario brothers theme?)
to my first idol in music (michael jackson, i'm not afraid to admit it) which then quickly found rock and roll from my dad and uncle.
when i turned 18 i moved to a new city and fell in love with electronic music (specifically drum and bass primarily, but i love anything that sounds good)
 Elizabeth023
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/29/2008 5:03:14 PM
I've liked music since I was a young girl. I would sing the songs that I heard on the radio, or from albums being played on the stereo.
I like rock, pop and country music. Alot of country music today, sounds like rock music, so it is very easy to enjoy it.
Msg: 58
Posted: 9/30/2008 11:21:56 AM
I must have fallen in love with music at a very young age, because when I think back on all my childhood memories, they are usually to a soundtrack. To this day I can't hear certain songs without remebering how my mother would dance and sing around the house as she cleaned or cooked, or on her way to work. The radio was always on in my home. My aunt was the biggest Beatles fan in the world so I have memories of her making me tapes to play in my walkman.
 Irespire
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/30/2008 3:00:51 PM
About 16. I listened to really garbage music until 11th grade.
 ad73
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/8/2008 7:46:19 AM
Fell in love with the rolling stones song "start me up".So went down to local service station and got a transfer of that famous tounge put on the back of my muscle shirt.I was about seven.After that the transfer shop lady got alot of business.I guess the old **stards started me up.
 junglejeff88
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2008 11:25:08 AM
shortly after birth, me thinks. It's ALWAYS been a big part of my life.

jeffery
 Snapington
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/8/2008 11:57:08 AM
I can't remember that far back but I think it was when I got my aunts record case and little box record player. I think I was about seven years old. I wanted to play guitar and write songs since about twelve.
 musi5
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/8/2008 8:43:40 PM
When i was 13 years old, initially it was something to pass the time away, but then i grew more and more interested in it...by the time i was 17 its what i wanted to do with my life.
 TBLZ
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/9/2008 11:11:43 AM
I fell in love with it when I was young...probably around 6 or 7. I grew up in a record shop owned by my father so I had no restrictions to the music I could listen to plus I can remember traveling with him to the recording studios in different cities and distribution companies because he had his own label. So there was music everywhere...I was like a kid in a candy shop.
 clown0
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/9/2008 4:29:26 PM
I was about 8 years old, when my brother and his friend introduce me to Metallica, W.A.S.P., Led Zeppelin, The Doors, and since it has consumed me.
 Marmite baby
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2008 6:08:27 AM
When my dad got home. Was in bed but Nat King Cole, Sinatra. Comfy feeling.
 sweeetface
Msg: 67
Posted: 10/13/2008 3:29:23 PM
I've been i love with music my entire life. I can remember alabama playing in the house, when I was only 5 or 6yo. I had my first record player when i was 10yo for my b-day and i was literally 'obsessed' with it..I can recall listening to records and instead of just 'hearing' the music, 'feeling it'...deep within my soul(which i didn't realize at the time, of course-i was a kid LOL-but now realize TODAY)! Music comes from MEANING in life-each differently!!!! I've not been blessed with a voice(tone deaf), but I listen to ALL Types of music...for variety of reasons....it's my life..everywhere, all the time, i listen to music!!!! I believe we are a very fortunate world to have such a beautiful thing in this thing we call 'life'!!!!
 gizmosellschickens
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2008 3:15:47 AM
Love it since I could hear music When music can move my emotions is my favorite music. Remember at 15 hearing "White Room " by Cream and going? "Dam, I gotta get a guitar because i gotta this sound out of head." I see colors of sounds in my head all day long
 domisol
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2008 7:51:44 PM
My mom always said that I sang on pitch before I talked. She'd take me to church where my Grandfather was the minister and I'd stand on the pew beside her and la-la-la the hymns on pitch....amazing!
Music has always been my number one reason to be here. I teach it all day and sing gigs in the evenings. I worked my way through college singing and playing jobs. Is there another life? I love it all!
 Maddrox89
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2008 12:02:04 AM
Man......I remember as if it were yesterday the song that made me get in to music was Pantera`s cowboys from hell. but the song that made me love music was White lion's. when the children cry
 rider of tubes
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/16/2008 10:10:34 PM
I was in junior high in 86/87 and my friend and some surfers were raving about the reggae band steel pulse, pato banton and old school ska band the untouchables, I was curious to find out what they sounded like that i went to the record store and bought some records, my first record purchased was Steel Pulse's album 'earth crisis'. rest is history.
 Amma63
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/18/2008 3:36:37 PM
I can't remember a time when I didn't love music!!~

I started with the songs on Mr. Dressup, The Friendly Giant & Chez Helen before I even started school.

I always lived an hour away from my Grandparents - Mom, Dad and I used to sing all the way..............by the time I was 7 I knew every song Vera Lynn ever sang. To this day, "The White Cliffs of Dover" makes my eyes water.

I've always had 'eclectic' taste in music - going more for the song than the artist.

Today - my tastes run more towards New Country

My love for music is something I've passed on to my Daughters - they both love all types as well.

B.
 doink 1962
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/18/2008 3:43:43 PM
Tough question but I know it was very early. My parents always had music on and we all played instruments . I remember buying my own first 45 (if you know what that is) and it was the Kinks , "Lola" . I think I still have it! LOL I still have these old records of when my Grandma and MOM made them , they are really think and heavy, a real treasure, well if you can get by MOMs singing! Ha
 Yea This Is Me...
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/4/2008 11:04:06 PM
I cannot remember not loving music!! To this day, any time I listen or hear Vicente Fernandez, or any mariachi music, that reminds me when I was a child. Seeing my parents or aunts and uncles dancing and shaking their behind. They got Down!!!

Or listening to Soundgarden or Nirvana, that was my high school days! When I finally started hanging out and having sleep overs, going to shows!! Dude, I saw the Ramones, when they came here!! The freaking Ramones!!

Listening to Elvis Presley, in any time period, how can it not move your soul!! I will love music till the day I die!!!
 charleston1954
Msg: 75
Posted: 4/8/2009 3:03:37 PM
I fell in love with music as a small child and still love it to this day.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > When did you fall in love with music?