Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >      Home login  
Joined: 6/19/2008
Msg: 2
how can I get him to use viagra or cialisPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
The 3 drugs you mention aren't effective in treating pre-mature ejaculation.

The Mayo Clinic has a good overview on the topic:

You should discuss the specifics of your case with your doctor. Then based on that you can talk to your hubby.

In this case, how pre-mature is pre-mature?
Joined: 8/31/2007
Msg: 18
view profile
how can I get him to use viagra or cialis
Posted: 8/3/2008 6:42:29 PM
My question for the op....why are you on a dating site looking if you are married? I doubt if you will find anyone with your credentials.....married, cheating on your husband, thinking of slipping prescription medications into his food. My advice to you is to put your time into your marriage, try to work things out with your husband. I am sure his problem is not so easy for him to talk about. He needs some TLC right now from you, not rejection or criticism.
Joined: 6/19/2008
Msg: 21
how can I get him to use viagra or cialis
Posted: 8/6/2008 1:21:55 AM
When drugs are used to treat PE they are SSRIs, drugs commonly associated with treating depression, and topical anaesthetics (anaesthetics applied to the surface of the skin). But the first treatment to try involves no medicine at all.

Cialis and Viagra are the wrong drugs.

What are the symptoms?

The main symptom of premature ejaculation is an uncontrolled ejaculation either before or shortly after intercourse begins. Ejaculation occurs before the person wishes it, with minimal sexual stimulation.

How is premature ejaculation diagnosed?

Your health professional will discuss your medical and sexual history with you and conduct a thorough physical examination. Your doctor may want to talk to your partner as well. Because premature ejaculation can have many causes, your health professional may order laboratory tests to rule out any underlying medical problem.

How is it treated?

In many cases, premature ejaculation resolves on its own over time without the need for medical treatment. Practising relaxation techniques or using distraction methods may help you delay ejaculation. For some men, stopping or cutting down on the use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs may improve their ability to control ejaculation.

Your health professional may recommend that you and your partner practise specific techniques to help delay ejaculation. These techniques may involve identifying and controlling the sensations that lead up to ejaculation and communicating to slow or stop stimulation. Other options include using a condom to reduce sensation to the penis or trying a different position (such as lying on your back) during intercourse. Counselling or behavioural therapy may help reduce anxiety related to premature ejaculation.

Certain antidepressant medicines called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), such as fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), and sertraline (Zoloft), are sometimes used to treat premature ejaculation. These medicines are used because a side effect of SSRIs is inhibited orgasm, which helps delay ejaculation. The use of SSRIs for the treatment of premature ejaculation is not related to depression and is considered an "off-label" use.

For the gist of the *standard* pharmacologic treatment, read recommendation 4 below.

American Urological Association Guideline on the Pharmacologic Management of Premature Ejaculation.



Note from the National Guideline Clearinghouse: The recommendations without the associated supporting text have been excerpted from the guideline. For full context, please refer to the original guideline document.

Recommendation 1:

The diagnosis of premature ejaculation (PE) is based on sexual history alone. A detailed sexual history should be obtained from all patients with ejaculatory complaints. (Based on Panel consensus.)

Recommendation 2:

In patients with concomitant PE and erectile dysfunction (ED), the ED should be treated first. (Based on Panel consensus.)

Recommendation 3:

The risks and benefits of all treatment options should be discussed with the patient prior to any intervention. Patient and partner satisfaction is the primary target outcome for the treatment of PE. (Based on Panel consensus.)

Recommendation 4:

Premature ejaculation can be treated effectively with several serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SRIs) or with topical anesthetics. The optimal treatment choice should be based on both physician judgment and patient preference. (Based on Panel consensus and review of data.)

(snip, it goes on with the pro and cons of various drugs, and disclaimers)

More information, including non-pharmacological treatments

This site has a long and detailed explanation of the condition and treatment that is not too difficult for most people to follow:
Joined: 8/11/2006
Msg: 25
view profile
how can I get him to use viagra or cialis
Posted: 8/7/2008 6:48:50 PM

Firstly he refuses to see premature ejaculation as a problem and he wont take a panadol either. Can I get something myself and put it in mash potatoes?

Are you honestly that stupid and inconsiderate? That is both illegal and dangerous not to mention a great way to cause distrust.

I dread having sex these days as it is too short and absolutely NO fun.

I doubt you even know what premature ejaculation IS. Going by your post you are woefully uninformed, and frankly he may be "just trying to get it over with quickly".

I would like to hear from other woman who are or have been in the same fate as me.

Well then ya might want to look at not posting in "Ask a Guy". Just a suggestion if this is your goal.

How can you correct a problem if one doesnt seem to acknowledge P.M. is a problem.

P.M.? Is it Prime Minister or that you don't know which letters start the words for this acronym?

I have had affairs during my marriage which I am not proud of , sometimes I wish I d married a longer lover.

Well there might be your problem. You screw around proud or not and now are considering drugging someone surreptitiously and still you think it is mostly HIS problem? Come off it your attitude is not that of a good partner even worth listening to. IF he knows what you are like I can't see why any self-respecting guy would stay in that situation.

Thankyou for hearing me out please can anybody help

Ya want help get therapy. You need it, and from the sounds of it your marriage needs it too.

To the ladies that pointed out how wrong this is, you rock .
"It's not that men have erectile dysfunction. It's just that old women are so very very ugly"
---Some English Comic @ Just for Laughs, in Montreal---
Joined: 8/11/2006
Msg: 26
view profile
how can I get him to use viagra or cialis
Posted: 8/7/2008 6:53:11 PM
PMSL check the OP's profile.
Her "Activity Parters", must not be married .
So add hypocrite into the above analysis.
Joined: 8/21/2004
Msg: 27
view profile
how can I get him to use viagra or cialis
Posted: 8/7/2008 7:28:32 PM
op. you see him as an ineffective 'lover' to be replaced? and not your HUSBAND? God, i wish i had a husband with a problem like that... C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-I-O-N. *NOT* affairs, drugs/chemicals in his food.... get some counseling with him or without him, you need it...seriously.... and/or go to your local Police Dept. and beg them to keep you for observation so you don't kill this poor man... the/your problem is way deeper than 'premature ejaculation'....good luck to you.
Joined: 6/5/2008
Msg: 28
view profile
how can I get him to use viagra or cialis
Posted: 8/10/2008 6:26:30 PM
he is very inconsiderate of your wants and needs. Sex is very important to you and he should work on this problem with you or he does not deserve you. I have the opposite problem, I last too long sometimes. Some women like it and some don't.
Joined: 8/14/2008
Msg: 29
how can I get him to use viagra or cialis
Posted: 8/25/2008 11:25:22 PM
My experience with Viagra was that it kept me going for 5 and a half hours.
So...... I figured that for the extra half hour it really wasn't worth the potential health risks and cost.


Joined: 2/8/2004
Msg: 31
how can I get him to use viagra or cialis
Posted: 8/27/2008 12:32:52 PM
Well, I'm not an expert, but Viagra just aids in getting a guy hard, and a guy with premature ejaculation problems sounds like he doesn't have the problem of getting hard.

Again, not an expert, but I think there'd be two forms of premature ejaculation:
(a) "Oh boy oh boy oh boy... ahhh, I'm done" -- young guys probably suffer from this or guys who don't understand that he has to hold out (assume that isn't your problem). This would be easily fixable. Round two (or three, four, etc) would make it so that he couldn't go any quicker. Also, for first round, use a condom even if you're married -- will calm his nerves. I think you can get past this once you have sex like rabbits -- he'd adapt or at least have a slight change in ritual where you always go for more than 1 round.

(b) A guy who has prostate problems. Again, don't think viagra would help, although if he cums before getting hard, I could see maybe that might be worth a try. L-Arginine is an amino acid and the key ingredient in those "natural" viagra pills. You can buy that at many stores and that might be of help for ya. It's good for cadio health, too, so I don't think he'd be offended. If he has prostate problems, have him take Saw Palmetto or a potent "male prostate forumla". He won't take it as sexual inadequacy, just something a lot of middle aged guys could use... they all come with Saw Palmetto.

Most of all, he needs to be in good spirits, otherwise it's not going to be fun anyway. If he has no erection problems, go for more than round 1! He'll last longer -- use a condom -- he'll last longer. And also, get him some L-Arginine and Saw Palmetto. Good for middle agers anyway!
Joined: 8/24/2008
Msg: 37
how can I get him to use viagra or cialis
Posted: 8/28/2008 10:48:26 AM know.....I shudder to think what goes on secretly in this man's mind, knowing he's got a wife who's cheated on him, talks to people about it in a public forum, and then actually wants to know if she can put stuff in his mashed potatoes.......... I shudder to wonder what happens on a daily existence in that poor guys house.

Don't supposed he's getting it over with quick because you might lack the same sensitivity in the love making department that you seem to display in the actual "LOVE" department??? Could that be....ohhhh.....just a possibility??? perhaps?? maybe?? YA THINK???!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  >