Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 untamed one
Msg: 2
What are the percentage of people on here just for sex or an actual relationship?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
70%
That is all.
 kc0301
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What are the percentage of people on here just for sex or an actual relationship?
Posted: 8/3/2008 7:41:46 AM
I am here for a LTR but sex goes along with it. Its a hard question to answer. If the attraction is there I am sure all men and woman would have sex with someone they meet here. Sex goes along with dating, unless your a nun.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What are the percentage of people on here just for sex or an actual relationship?
Posted: 8/3/2008 7:43:49 AM
Um.. people aren't 100% honest in their profiles, what makes you think you asking is going have them suddenly baring their souls and telling the truth here??

I'm here for the forums. If I happen to meet someone and a relationship develops, I hope that it will include sex at some point as long as we are both feeling that desire..
 JustMary65
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/3/2008 8:43:16 AM
I'm here for neither but I do get lot's of propositions for sex. LOL

Given the fact that most romantic relationship involve sex I guess most folks would be looking for one or the other or both. Depends on the person ideally, what they really want but that can change just like the weather.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/3/2008 10:02:46 AM
Depends on the guy--if he's hott, I may just want to sex him up. If he's totally sweet and fun and intelligent and attractive and likes me and etc--I want LTR.

Since it's a legitimate dating site and not a f i_i ck site, I would say MOST people are looking for dating, eventually LTR. I have no opinion on the percentages.

Before you get too excited:
Despite my vague profile, I am NOT here looking for sex. I started OUT looking for a relationship, but now I'm too busy and no one struck my fancy. At some point in the future, I may change my profile again to looking for a nice man.
 Ignoble
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2008 6:48:18 PM
Sex alone? Nope.
LTR alone? Nope.
Nope.

I want them both equally. ^_^
 rebel777
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/3/2008 9:08:49 PM
I was on here looking for sex....got me a long term relationship out of it
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/4/2008 12:00:59 AM
First, people aren't going to answer the last 2 questions honestly (although may refer to past stories).

Psychologically, for most folks, where something intimate IS their primary desire, they dare not promote that on their profile, and may actually state it isn't their primary desire. With the "cameras watching", what they say they want and what they really want can be two different things. I believe a lot of people on online sites are still figuring what they want at the present course of time. S o people put up what seems good, with all the cameras watching, but without giving what they think is a false impression.

My guess would vary by geographic region... I'd say that (off the top of my head), is that 20% gals/50+% guys claiming they want an LTR actually do, but they'll be possibly open to sex on the first date with someone with or possibly without LTR on their mind. In other words, they are potential to have a fling in the meantime while finding "a solid one" for an LTR (stemming from the fling or knowing the fling may not result in one).

I think the ones JUST looking for sex would put "Hang Out", "Friends", or maybe stretch it to Dating. LTR wouldn't be required, but I'm sure a decent portion do that, because in the END they'd like one, and putting LTR eliminates any guilt about really wanting something more.
 doink 1962
Msg: 22
 Blonde_charm
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/4/2008 8:28:14 PM
Sex ... I am here for sex.

Not in a position to offer more than that (save friendship).
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/5/2008 5:51:16 AM
I think a LTR would be kind of pushing it for me. I've never been in a relationship before. So I'm basically here to date and *learn* the whole dating scene, if you will. In highschool and college I pretty much lived under a rock and didn't get the opportunity to date anyone really and now I have to make up for it.

A lot of people tell me that at my age I should just 'play the fields' and have fun. I'd rather not do that at someone else's expense. However, if I was dating a woman that wanted a NSA kind of deal or a one-nighter and part ways, I can't say I'd be disinclined to that either.

I just don't go around actively looking for it. Same goes with a LTR, if I started dating a woman tomorrow and we really hit it off, I'd enter a relationship with her, naturally.

For the most part though, and probably most importantly, I'm a very insecure person who has a lot of 'issues' that don't exactly make me happy about the person I am. That said, I pretty much don't really actively browse many PoF profiles in my area, send very few messages out, and enjoy a pretty much empty mailbox.

As it is now, I'm probably not going to look for anyone on this site for anything, unless they contact me first. I've yet to be contacted by anyone, and that's fine with me.
 Jack317
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2008 8:34:49 PM
Me I am lookig for both but if I had to say one more than the other at this monment it would be sex mostly because it has been more than a year and after a stint that long I don't think that most people here would fault me for saying that persay, but I would like to find someone for more than just sex as well sex only gets you so far having someone to come home to or at least call and talk to about your day especially if it was a hard day is a lot better than a wham bam thank you mam.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/6/2008 10:58:15 PM
Sex alone: actually late at night I think there are several who like to take matters firmly in hand.

LTR? What is the point of a LTR without sex?

I have had several who say LTR who tell me that they are basically looking for sex, they arent ready for a REAL relationship but if they met someone who they like in bed they will consider it.

I have met no one who only wants sex and thinks a LTR will come out of it.
 sydneyleigh
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2008 7:23:56 AM

If two people, both married to other people, sleep with each other
for over 15 years, is THAT a LTR ?

Esad: I do hope that would be an LTR. Otherwise I have several friends who'd be shocked to know their relationship doesn't exist.

LTR may be in the eye of the beholder - but I figure generally speaking if you are exclusively dating one person, and you've hit the one year mark, that's an LTR - how MUCH longer it lasts is strictly bonus.
 D Laurier
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2008 10:30:26 AM
We all want sex.
and if anyone offers it to my single, hetro, self.... I'll take her up on it.
But yes I do hope to find a faithfull, long term, relationship with a woman who I can share my life with.
 Vannili
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2008 11:26:36 AM
qoute>Sex goes along with dating,unless you 're a nun <.. I agree 100% of that...
 ROMANCE4YOUANDME2
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/30/2008 2:06:19 AM
OK I'M OFFICIALLY HITTING ON YOU.....FIRST TIME....EVER.. ANY WAY OF CONTACTING WITH A PHONE NUMBER OR JUST MAKE A DATE TO MEET AND HAVE A DRINK. GARY
 VAPurr
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/3/2008 3:43:03 AM
I really only want a LTR but I have used sex to get that.

I try to wait 2 weeks to see if things look ok.

VAPurr
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >