Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mibra
Msg: 18
Similar Travel Interests Hong kong, Thailand, New Zealand, AustraliaPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

I will be leaving in January 09 to travel around the east side of the world. Does anyone have similar travel interests i.e Hong Kong, Thailand, New Zealand, Australia? If yes :

What schedule have you made for yourself.?

I am going home in the end of Dec 2008 or Jan 2009. I can go with you and help you for Hong Kong part.
 mibra
Msg: 19
Similar Travel Interests Hong kong, Thailand, New Zealand, Australia
Posted: 9/28/2008 1:31:08 AM
About Thailand, it will be cheaper if you book flights with Hong Kong agents --- tell them you are interested in but you don't want to follow the guide, you just want the accommodation and flights --- you will have the best price from them.
 mibra
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/28/2008 1:39:30 AM
Actually cheapest flight tickets from West Canada to HK are in the months of November, March, April. The round trip plus tax is about $700 to 800. But if you order tickets for all locations in Canada, I am not sure how much it costs....
As Hong Kong is the center of all flights, you can get a lot deals from travel agents there. I would like to suggest you to take ferry to NZ and Australia. It will be much cheaper, more enjoyable and cool. By the way, you will have some chances to visit some beautiful islands.
I am jealous that you can have a whole year for it... I just have two weeks to have a quick visit to families
 Englishman
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/28/2008 12:13:02 PM
For internal flights in Thailand, I think most people know 1-two-go are grounded now.

Another popular internal carrier is Nok Air and they are also clearly in trouble. They have been trying to hand back leased aircraft they no longer use, and I believe they have now ceased operating on the Bangkok - Phuket route.

Air Asia seem OK for now though.
 Englishman
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/4/2008 2:28:03 AM
Yes, Thais do not use toilet paper. It is a Westen phenomenon.

Possibly explains why they don't shake hands either.
 gjay1
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/5/2008 2:51:30 PM
hi , jetstar are good for cheap flights- australian company, also flying asia, whatever youre thinking of packing, halve it, you wont use half of it lol, the humidity in some parts of asia is incredible - so wear stuff that lets you breathe!!
im on couchsurfers but havent actually stayed with anyone yet- always seem to just fall into places to stay very cheaply- just got back from vietnam and you can get very good rooms for under $10- a night
wileyc- if youre diving in that part of the world and get to vietnam- check out rainbow divers- great crowd to deal with
oh, and you get used to keeping anything in your pocket that may later serve as toilet paper!! you will be pleased to know when you get to australia....we have toilet paper!!
 No Cool Nickname
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/25/2009 9:26:01 AM
I was in Thailand last Aug. Diving is really good between Koh Tao And Koh Samui in the sea of Thailand (East coast). Trips from both Island take you to the same dive sites but Some excellent diving to be sure. If interested I would base out of Koh Tao as its closer to the sites and cheaper to stay. Full moon party is a great time on Koh Phangan if you can time it right (fullmoonparty.com). Koh Chang is supoosed to have good diving as well. I hope that helps.
 No Cool Nickname
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/25/2009 9:40:51 AM
Thailand should be cheap for you as long as you eat local foods. western food will blow your budget quickly.
I travel with a 65 L but it is sometimes gets heavy but I would go with a 40 at least.
Matadortravel.com is a great travel website to get hints and meet up with fellow backpackers.
Hostelworld.com has great reviews of hostels around the world and booking.
 Dallas50
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/2/2009 11:32:44 AM
Diving is really good on Ko Tao.
I'm staying on Ko Samui and I've done my Open Water, Advanced, Rescue Diver, Deep specialty, Night Specialty and I'm completing my Divemaster in a few days.
I used Blue Planet located here on Ko Samui and my instructor is Steve. His cell # is 08-0143-9384 tell him Salem gave it to you and ask for recommendations on where to stay.
I'm staying on Samui because its bigger then Tao and doesn't cost much more to take the Seatram over for diving.
February is the best month for diving on this side of Thailand.

Here is what if noted for my return trip so far:

Koh Lanta Yai
On Khlong Nin Beach Nick has the best non Thai food we have had so far at Nick's Gardens, nicksgarden@hotmail.com.
You can find Otto at one of his two bars and he always has a joint on hand and will try to get everyone to smoke it.
Also say hi to Mr. Bean at otto's 2nd bar
At Rasta Baby say hi to Nina and hubby Wit and always eat there if they are having a BBQ. janinamacdonald@hotmail.com
Rasta baby Bar
Klong Nin Beach
Koh Lanta Yai
Moo 6 Tambon,
Krabi Province, Lanta District

Sen at Pada 08 5790 0482
Try a shot of Monkey Brains at Mung bar next to Lanta Miami, both have good fire shows.
Go snorkling at the spot behind Pada and you can find 2 Ells 1 Puffer and 2 Mung fish.
Party at Shroom Bar on Kantiang Bay is good also.

Koh Samui
Stay at Mermaid for short cheap stays or at Banrack Garden Home for a really nice cheap apartment for the week.
Say hi to Steve @ 08 0143 9384 and have him take you diving on Koh Tao, he will give you really good pricing.

Bangkok
SumChi our tuk tuk driver who has a new phone number every time he calls me. 08 1651 7906 &
08 2492 2272. He can be found in front of My House New Guest House on Rambutree rd. and is a great friend to have in Bangkok. Let him take you to some stops so he can get free gas and he will be really fare with any pricing for taking you places. Do all your shopping in Bangkok for the best prices in Thailand and only stay for a few days, get out ASAP.

Koh Tao
Stay at the fishing shop across the street from **** Divers and say hi to Ricky across from Drop Zone both places are great 4 partying.

Krabi
Ao Nang and drink at The Traveler Bar. The Bartender there is really nice and friendly and they had free internet and 60 bhat Red Bull Vodka's.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  >