Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 etj
Msg: 137
Do people really have time to date??Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
People take time and make time for the things that they really want to do. Workaholics, drama kings and queens, and the infamous window shoppers always will have a reason why they cannot do something. Time is really what you make it.
 tallyover
Msg: 138
Do people really have time to date??
Posted: 12/21/2008 6:32:49 PM
Why are we on a dating site if we don't have time to date? I work 40+, maintain my home, spend time with family, but still have time to date.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 139
Posted: 12/21/2008 9:58:56 PM
...Date right now? sorry, no time.....I've still got tons of stuff to do before Christmas, how can I possiblt fit in a date...but I will put that at the top of my "to do" list for the New Year.

...I can feel it....2009 is going to be "The Year"...and of course I'll make time.

...maeflowers
 TryAgan
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2008 10:10:33 PM
quote[I've still got tons of stuff to do before Christmas, how can I possiblt fit in a date...but I will put that at the top of my "to do" list for the New Year

I'd rather do the date now, and move the other stuff into the New Year.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2008 10:37:07 PM
I would and have made time in my busy schedule to date. I work full time, lots of overtime sometimes. Have teens in the house to cook/clean for. Outside work as well. But to meet up? I make the time cuz one never knows right?Thing is? I hate when men constantly email and make an excuse about being committed to such a heavy work schedule. Hell if I am not busy, then who is? lol
The men that do that? I just send a dear John email!
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2008 9:31:17 PM
Excuse or priority?

Kids are priority one. Yes they are near grown but somehow that seems to be more time. I find it ironic that women ask for loyalty in one sentence and want a guy to abandon his kids in another.

Work in this fragile business climate is very high pressure. My handlers can't clone me so they hire more managers to manage my time.

This is the internet. How much of what we read is truthful? Experience tells us not to invest too much of our hope in what we find here. Does this impact our priorities? It does mine. Finding someone to party has not been a priority yet the quest for intelligent life to be a life partner has not proven that successful either.
 brunett27
Msg: 146
Posted: 12/29/2008 8:56:25 PM
Of course we have time to date if it's important to us. Jobs, kids, hobbies, alone time-all are important, but life can be better if we find that special someone. So having time to date should maybe be rephrased as-let's take time to date those we feel we could possibly have a good friendship or relationship with. There's no sense in being anxious over it though, or dating just to keep from being lonely. But making time to date is a different thing.
 joiseyboyjoe
Msg: 147
Posted: 12/30/2008 6:14:11 PM
Sorry boys and girls but if i find someone that I'm interested in I find the time to be with them and see if something develops. Of courese it helps to live near each other and share common interests that currently take up time in your life.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 148
Posted: 12/30/2008 6:24:08 PM

Sorry boys and girls but if i find someone that I'm interested in I find the time to be with them and see if something develops

..I agree, I may kid about not having the time to date but if truth be known, if I meet someone that I am interested in, I will certainly make time for us.

...maeflowers
 kpooks
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2008 9:50:59 AM
I do-! But I work free-lance, so my work-hours are all over the map. But, yes, when money and obligations intrude (be nice if we were all born with a silver spoon and were simply dating out of boredom), there is very little time to date. How much time people have to devote to each other is one of the parameters people need to be honest about.
 GotMore4U2Love
Msg: 150
Posted: 12/31/2008 10:09:02 AM
Why would you meet someone that is clearly unavailable?? I find this site to be a lot like taking the SATs scan, discard, select, move on.
 whatsnot2luv
Msg: 151
Posted: 1/4/2009 10:29:50 AM
I think it's a matter of priority. People MAKE time for what's important and FIND time for everything else. We wouldn't be on here if we didn't want to date, even if it's only occasionally. If a guy/girl can't seem to MAKE the time for you, obviously you're not a priority. Move on, someone else will MAKE the time instead of trying to FIND the time for you.
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2009 10:54:22 AM
This is the internet and what I find in most profiles is very little about the person who I would spend a great deal of time with. The content that is there is often questionable with dated pictures, understated age, etc. In the mean time, I have a real life not built to be dependent on anyone nor raise kids dependent on me. That sets a priority higher than the questionable meetings here. If someone is demanding me immediate and full attention, I would guess they are either desperate for someone to fix their life or a hopelessly dependent person. If after a casual meeting and some shared activities, a good match can change priorities. One line profile descriptions don't come close.
 X-MasCAT
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/23/2013 11:58:20 AM
Plain and simple, if you don't have time for me, don't bother. It seems to come from a selfish standpoint to want to date but only when it's convenient for the other person. It takes a joint effort to meet and establish a relationship, it also takes time. I have blown off men that claim they are SOOOO busy!!!! If your truly that busy, you don't have time for yourself let alone anyone else. Simply put, it's SELFISH to expect anyone, male or female, to sit back and wait until they have time for you.
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 154
Posted: 1/23/2013 12:26:53 PM

Plain and simple, if you don't have time for me, don't bother. It seems to come from a selfish standpoint to want to date but only when it's convenient for the other person. It takes a joint effort to meet and establish a relationship, it also takes time. I have blown off men that claim they are SOOOO busy!!!! If your truly that busy, you don't have time for yourself let alone anyone else. Simply put, it's SELFISH to expect anyone, male or female, to sit back and wait until they have time for you.
Sometimes people hide behind a plethora of activities to keep from admitting to themselves how drab the emotional landscape of their life is.
 mrnova66
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/24/2013 6:19:59 PM
I have plenty of time,But wasting it on dating..No thanks..Got better things to do with my life than to waste it..I wasted my 20s over so much BS..I sure in the hell will not do that again..I let the next chump waste his time..Way to many game players looking for the next best thing,But meanwhile running over every body in sight.They could careless who they hurt..Just as long as they can get what they want.Then it is off to the next chapter in their life...OH!!!I can just here it now..(OH!!Not everybody is like this)!!!!!NO!!!JUST MOST(90%)
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/26/2013 9:35:25 AM
If a person really wants to be with another, they will make the time. They say they don't have the time, because they don't want to make the time. If they met the right person, their busy schedules would suddenly open up to see them.
 wcratz2012
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/26/2013 1:30:35 PM
Dating? HAHAHAHAHA
Where I live women only want a free meal and bolt fast as possible afterwards.

Then again, can not remember the last time I seen a woman who was worth my time.
 hedon2
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2013 9:45:00 PM
I agree with you. I've found even when some of them are retired, it's like trying get an audience with The Pope
 MrOogam
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2013 11:19:25 PM
Every one is busy....life seems to be going faster & faster...esp. with technology... I call it the "spread sheet syndrom of life", everything has to fint nice & neately into a cell of a spread sheet or it can not calculate....everything below & to the right of that cell turns into ****************'s lol. There are only 24 hrs. in a day, so explain how dies one "make" time? You some how magically add an hour to the day? All of those 24 hrs. every day are already broken down into 5-10-15 min. segments that fit into each cell on the spread sheet of life....8 hrs sleepiing if your fortunate, commute time to work if your fortunate to have a job, meal preparation & eating, there's what another2-4 hrs. on avg., then there is the 8-10 hrs working 5-6 sometimes 7 days a week to keep the bills paid.... so where are we?....18-22hrs a day consumed give or take? Then there are domestic chors, yard work, laundry, cleaning, for the women shopping...lol... sure all of us are busy....but it all take give & take... even in the beginning of a new relationship....
 WanderingRain
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2013 1:49:08 AM
I have time.... as I suspect most people who are older have time.
What I don't have time for is BS and people who like to waste time.
 Paderic
Msg: 161
Posted: 1/27/2013 7:03:28 AM

Simply put, it's SELFISH to expect anyone, male or female, to sit back and wait until they have time for you.

But you don't see it as selfish to expect someone to stop doing everything else in their life so they can spend every minute with you?
 X-MasCAT
Msg: 162
Posted: 1/29/2013 4:30:38 AM
@ Paderic. I never implied every minute of one's time. I certainly wouldn't want to feel like a convenience to anyone. Relationships develop over time and with time spent. I make time for the special someone in my life regardless of responsibilities or extracurricular activities. I mean, if I wanted to do things alone all the time I would remain alone. Different strokes for different folks. Some aren't bothered with seeing each other infrequently, and other's want more time spent. We just have to find that special someone who meets what we desire in another.
 TantricJedi
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/29/2013 5:02:17 AM
Yada Yada, we're all busy. Ok, then at least be able to share your schedule with me and let's commit to spending time together. Major turn off when someone is so disorganized that they can't offer a date and time when they're available so I can be a man an plan something. If someone really is interested, they'll make the time. I met a woman that had 2 kids, was out of work and was studying for a PhD in law. She was going to take the bar exam soon. I knew instantly that getting a second date would be like pulling teeth. When in the hell did she have the time?
 Paderic
Msg: 164
Posted: 1/29/2013 8:09:54 AM

Different strokes for different folks.

That's quite a bit different than saying it's selfish.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >