Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 YeahHonestly
Msg: 161
Do men realy think that blonds are more attractive?Page 3 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Recent study (can't remember where) stated that men find blondes the 3rd most attractive behind brunettes and redheads... Times, they are a changing! lol
 forforumfun
Msg: 169
Do men realy think that blonds are more attractive?
Posted: 10/5/2008 8:02:50 AM
I'm not going to read this whole thread because I don't want to hear and blonde bashing/brunette praising. But I can assure you, most men actually prefer brunettes. It's sad for blondes, but true. I know a blonde woman who actually darkens her hair because of this fact. Also, I've seen a thread or two on here before actually asking why most men prefer brunettes, but I think it got closed. I have no idea where this stereotype began and why so many brunettes get those ugly, grey-looking bleach jobs. I bet a blonde in Hollywood was tired of all men wanting only brunettes, so she started the whole "blondes are hotter" thing and hoped it would stick. Bottom line though, if any man choses a woman solely based on hair color or if any man says "brunettes are smarter, sexier, more mysterious" etc., then he's just a moron, plain and simple. A woman's personality and intelligence has zero to do with hair color and you don't want anything to do with a guy that completely idiotic anyway.
 forforumfun
Msg: 175
Posted: 10/5/2008 3:19:41 PM
I know, experimenting with my own hair color, when it's been red seems to be when I get the most compliments on it. As for male attention, that doesn't change at all with the various color changes. I've known women who claim to get more attention when they've had bleached hair, but I think that was more out of their own confidence, as in, the felt sexier with blonde hair and men responded to that, not the actual color.
And, once again, not to mention names (ahem, a certain female poster a few posts up), but anyone who automatically calls EVERYONE with dark hair "exotic, mysterious goddesses", is, how do I put this nicely? Not an intelligent person. If you think a hair color makes or breaks someone's "exotic goddess" appeal, then you need to get what's inside your head seriously checked and not worry about the hair on top of it. I have noticed many brunettes seem very full of themselves like that, but I won't get into it now. It's just hair girls, quit obsessing and thinking darker is better.
 forforumfun
Msg: 179
Posted: 10/5/2008 5:05:18 PM
Sepia, you seem quite enraged at anyone who thinks blonde hair is attractive. Must be inner jealousy coming out. Tons of men prefer brunettes, so no need to be so jealous of blondes. Either that or your just totally full of yourself for no reason. Either way, it's not attractive, no matter your hair color. Obviously, your extreme anger towards blondes comes from some inner issues you have.
p.s. Cher looks like a tranny as a brunettes too, so not all brunettes are sexy goddesses, like you seem to believe. I bet you think Roseanne Barr is a sexy, exotic goddess, just because she has dark hair. Although she was blonde briefly too. "Society" isn't saying everyone needs to be blonde to be hot, it's just insecure brunettes who believe this.
 forforumfun
Msg: 182
Posted: 10/5/2008 6:26:55 PM
Umm, yeah, you're the one who was saying someone "wouldn't fugly themselves up by becoming blonde", etc. Yeah, that doesn't sound like "blondes and brunettes are equal" to me. You take my posts awfully seriously, must've hit a nerve there. And I'm not single like you, so I don't need a pic up. Sorry hun, I'M not the stupid one here. If you think blondes and brunettes are equal, you sure have a rough time expressing it in your posts. And you say blondes are the dumb ones, lol. Oh and your little comebacks aren't clever at all. Again, BLONDES are the dumb ones? Lol. Your case is weak.
 EpisodeIV
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2008 5:27:44 AM
Light colors and bright shiny objects tend to be noticed and catch our eyes first. Not unlike louder sounds or noises catch our ears and thus our attention. But once we identify what got our attention it is up to each of us to decide for ourself whether it will keep our attention.

This guy doesn't necessarily find blonds more attractive. I'll notice blonds much like anyone else. But I prefer to stare at brunettes and dark hair. Sometimes red heads. And yeah, sometimes at blonds.

Well, I try not to stare. But it is more the overall look of a woman, ie., slender to athletic build and the way she moves that will have me wanting to look at her much more that her hair color. And is she smiling, friendly and happy looking or a sour puss? The latter loses my attention pretty quickly.

As humans we always have the choice, and hopefully the intelligence, to decide if the bright shiny object is going to trap our attention like the monkey who gets trapped by grabbing and not letting go of the shiny piece of metal through the little hole. Or to notice the bright shiny object, perhaps even admire it, then letting it go.

Then we can decide that if we let it go and it comes back to us, is it a butterfly?
 forforumfun
Msg: 187
Posted: 10/6/2008 2:21:38 PM
Roger, if you'd said you preferred blondes (i.e., if you had good taste), you'd have gotten hate mail from brunettes and redheads instead.
I still stand by that most men prefer brunettes over blondes. Why that is, I don't know. Maybe their moms were brunettes or maybe because there are more brunettes in the world and men feel they'll score more often if they say they prefer brunettes.
 startle
Msg: 193
Posted: 1/4/2009 11:00:51 AM
i think everyone looks best with their natural color hair. a true blonde is very often beautiful with the pretty blues eyes and pale skin. a brunette like myself looks washed out in blonde hair. i tried it once and it didn't work for me. brunettes have an intense, sultry look which goes with the strong sex drive many brunettes have. that's the latin blood. alot of women dye their hair blonde but they should play up their natural beauty rather than try to be something they are not.
 celts123
Msg: 195
Posted: 1/4/2009 1:49:48 PM
I think some women may look better with a certain hair color. But I don't have a general hair color preference. For example, I know one woman who looks better with black hair. I know another woman who looks better with blonde hair.
 c_deacon
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2009 4:03:25 PM
I have dated all kinds of women, in multiple shapes, sizes, and hair color, and found that it is all connected to that chemistry that is developed once you meet them and enjoy knowing them better.

I usually date more dark haired women, that are many times of mixed race, native, asian, or a combination of multiple backgrounds, since I am as well.

This does not mean that I do not find other hair color attractive, and I have enjoyed many a blond in my life as well as redheads, but overall, my preferences seem to send me back to darker haired women, with skin tones that are darker as well.

Being attractive is a state of mind with how one presents that package given to you at birth, what you have done with it over the years, and what that package holds when it comes to the total person.......inside and out......

Just my opinion.........
 techgirl27
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2009 5:30:43 PM
I was born blonde, still am, but dont think anyone finds me more attractive because of it.

As a real, natural-born blonde, I also have the right to highlight my hair without shame

(and remember, there are literally hundreds of shades of blonde, not just toe heads).
 fancynanci
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2009 9:16:15 PM
I can't speak for men but I must say as a blonde, I have twice as many dates.
 forforumfun
Msg: 204
Posted: 1/5/2009 12:05:19 AM
Actually spicynice, the sad truth is that most guys seem to want the girl with the "right" hair color. I can't tell you how many profiles I've seen by guys only wanting brunettes. A lot of women who consider themselves intelligent end up dating these guys. Its such a dumb thing to require in a woman, very sad.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 9:28:39 AM
From what I understand, most men care about her face, her figure, her personality, if she works, if she has kids, her style of hair (long, short, etc) and maybe after ALL that, her hair colour. At the end of the day, a hot brunette will always trump an ugly blonde, and a happy brunette will always trump a mean-spirited blonde.

So, it's not really that important to most men.
 Wombat59
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2009 11:20:09 AM
when i was younger i preferred dark haired men .. but now a genuine smile wins every time
 forforumfun
Msg: 211
Posted: 1/5/2009 12:16:37 PM
Happyrebel, I think majesty's point was that guys who base their choice of a woman ONLY on hair color and care about that more than if she's a good person or not, are the little boys who are very shallow and immature. I have a friend with a very strict list of what a woman he's looking for MUST like and look like (yes, she MUST be brunette and have big boobs, etc). He's almost 39 and, surprise, still single. I know that he's turned down many nice women, just because they were blond. I don't feel sorry for him at all.
WNECchick, maybe stupid men with bad taste.
No need to bash blondes, unless you are really that insecure about being a brunette.
 boho_bookworm
Msg: 213
Posted: 1/8/2009 11:28:16 AM
Most people think that most people are just like them and/or think like them. It's actually a pretty good test of what someone is like.

Ever notice the guy on the news who's being called a hero for rescuing a small animal from a burning building or returning $500 he found on the side of the road. He always says something like, "Anybody would have done the same thing."

It works both ways-
Guys who are sleezy tend to think that everyone else is sleezy too.
 Patrickthname
Msg: 215
Posted: 1/8/2009 3:34:16 PM
For me it doesn't matter what your hair is, it's your intelligence and your sense of humanity for others that do it for me.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 216
Posted: 1/10/2009 3:46:20 PM

patrick5164 said: For me it doesn't matter what your hair is, it's your intelligence and your sense of humanity for others that do it for me.

Well patrick, you seem to have no problem sending women rude unsolicited emails, so maybe you could work on your OWN sense of humanity towards others before you go in search of a young hot Mother Theresa.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 217
Posted: 1/10/2009 5:35:00 PM
i happen to like blondes. they are always my first choice.

my friends say you could put a blonde wig on a mop, attach strings to it, jiggle it around and i'll want to take it out on a date.

that doesn't mean i don't like brunettes or redheads. but they come second and third in preference.

Tomic
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2009 5:30:23 AM
Do men really think that blonds are more attractive?

Yes, of course they do. I have two blue-eyed blond beauties for sisters... the older one was homecoming queen and star of all the school musical productions, while the younger one was just about as pretty but also had brains (she's an MD). So I've seen the phenomenon up close. Plenty of guys of all varieties go totally nuts and make absolute fools of themselves over good-looking blondes.

And now there's even a plausibly valid scientific explanation: http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-20070622-000002.html (See item #1)

Is it absolutely univeral and fail-proof? Of course not. Because of the kissing-your-sister thing (Ewww!), I'm totally immune and could be chaperone and masseur for the Swedish Bikini Team.
 forforumfun
Msg: 222
Posted: 1/12/2009 12:41:28 AM
Above poster, I bet they drew men because they had so much else going on for them, like their brains, talent and, from the sound of it, their confidence. I bet if they had brown hair, they'd have gotten just as many men chasing them. I didn't look at your link posted, but it sounds pretty goofy. I've seen polls that ask men their hair color preference in women and, though brunette and blonde are pretty close in numbers, the brunette preferrers always outnumber the rest. It's usually like 26% prefer brunettes and 24% prefer blondes. I'd thought about doing a research paper or writing a book asking men why most of them prefer brunettes, but decided (as a blonde) that that would just depress me.
 streetmatetbay
Msg: 223
Posted: 1/12/2009 7:35:13 AM
definately not, I've alwyas been more of a fan or brown or red heads, maybe a rasberry blonde. But I do agree Blue eyes are the way to go. And a cute little nose
 Patrickthname
Msg: 224
Posted: 1/12/2009 8:10:00 AM
"Well patrick, you seem to have no problem sending women rude unsolicited emails, so maybe you could work on your OWN sense of humanity towards others before you go in search of a young hot Mother Theresa."

I was only giving you the truth and now you're mad booohooo....guess if it wasn't the truth, you wouldn't be responding to all my posts...You know, you can get help for your lack of self-esteem! Have a great day!
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 225
Posted: 1/12/2009 8:34:51 AM
I was only giving you the truth and now you're mad booohooo....guess if it wasn't the truth, you wouldn't be responding to all my posts...You know, you can get help for your lack of self-esteem! Have a great day!

You are giving your UNSOLICITED comments to women here that have never emailed you or asked for them. I am not the only one - you wrote to nonsensical:
"You are pathetically narcissistic! Get out of yourself and
think about someone else....women like are nothing more than a
joke anymore...get a frickin life cu next tuesady! "

Was it because she was not blonde? No - I think you have real deep seated hatred for women who aren't the little shrinking violets you would like them to be.

Real classy patrick.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >