Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How would sudden wealth change your dating style.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chrylann
Msg: 26
view profile
History
How would sudden wealth change your dating style.Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I'll get back with you on the answer to that one when I collect my inheritance.
 SueCat51
Msg: 27
view profile
History
How would sudden wealth change your dating style.
Posted: 8/9/2008 9:50:30 PM
My dating style wouldn't change very much. Probably the only thing I'd do more of, is travel. If I was in a serious relationship with a fella, then I'd probably dole out for some of those trips.
 La Gioconda
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/9/2008 10:35:11 PM
poster above says ^^^

Money is the root of all evil, but can be a resource for good.

correction: Lack of money is the the root of evil, and good supply of it is the source of all goodness in the world.
Not sure TheDirtyBen how you saw this thread as expression of greed. This is hypothetical situation, people are debating and expressing themselves how loads of money could potentially change their style of dating.

So, you decided to save the world, uhm... sure it is good to spend money on good causes good for you. No one said in this thread they would withhold money for good causes, we are focusing on the question of OP. Lighten up, and cheers.
 Vannili
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 10:35:31 PM
DirtyBen ,the issue is here is "How would sudden wealth change your dating style " NOT on how you spent the "money ".....
 ck1time
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/9/2008 10:57:58 PM
Lateef, good job being you, man. You're an inspiration. Thanks!

It would change it. I wouldn't date.
After donating a fair chunk to preferred charities, and an equally fair chunk into ways to
meet stellar neighbors similar to us, my conscience would be placated.
Then I would build a 5-star legal ranch in Nevada, & hire the most loving, healthy women
we can imagine, so that they can have happy lives earning a great living, doing what they enjoy. In doing that, there would be no need to date, as I'd be genuinely loved by enough
that dating would become superfluous. Since I would remain a man, sincere "friends"
would be happy to share themselves for any of my physical-emotional needs at any time, as they would also know how thankful I am for their mere existence, & their interaction with me.
 lateef7842
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 12:32:51 AM

Lateef, good job being you, man. You're an inspiration. Thanks!

Thanks man, I appreciate that.

And about the rest of your post, you are a man of great vision ...lol

Lateef
 Fried Chicken
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/10/2008 1:02:38 AM

Why would you want to spend even a minute with an empty-headed skank like that?
She's not that stupid. I mean... she makes a living going to parties. How awesome is that? Plus dating Paris Hilton would be like the ultimate accessory.

A lot more fun than feeding a bunch of poor crotch nuggets. At least my orphans are ninjas.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/10/2008 2:25:49 AM

She's not that stupid. I mean... she makes a living going to parties. How awesome is that?

She doesn't really need to make a living doing anything, she is the heir to a huge fortune, she just happens to waste her life going to parties. She spends her life just being decoration.

You really do shoot low don't you? Don't you require anything else of the women you keep company than just the superficial?
 crystalise
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/10/2008 2:31:06 AM
Just means I would travel all the time, and think nothing of taking my private jet ( the one I keep for the running around in) to any location for a date. Or if he was really cute arrange the chopper to pick him up....

Id keep a pad in all my favourite cities all around the world. Probably spend too much time partying with the friends on the Riveria,Amalfi Coast, Malinue, Whistler or Aspen to date for a while
Posted: 8/10/2008 5:04:43 AM
Sudden wealth would make not a bit of difference in

my dating style what so ever. Money does not buy love and happiness

should not put a price tag on dating someone. If I was Bill Gates rich

I'd not be on here I'm sure I could have my pick of the litter from the

Exec world of Microsoft but thats just it I don't want just anyone old one

rich or not I want the right one and it would be alittle more than just dating

it would be someone I'd share an intense and full passionate relationship with

not one with shallow or selfish isses but one that would love me for me not my

dang wealth there is no price tag on love and money can make people greedy

and power can go to the head but it can also leave you needy think back to the

movie Trading Places ~ You can have it one minute and gone the next so silly

things like letting money get in the way of dating is unreal and I for one would

share my wealth with those I love but to be real here I'd rather be me and poor

happy and carefree and loving someone for them not there dang money!

I don't see how wealth comes into the scene of dating good greif give me a brake

makes me want to give everything I got to the poor some of the topics on here

makes no dang sense wake up people stop being so darn shallow and just let things

take the course the way it you to be when dating was fun! There was no pressure

and sure as hell no one ever said to me how about a date baby I got money if a fool

said that to me I'd laugh and so so what I got money too and it don't mean a thing

babe if it aint got that thing money , bling means nothing to me peace of mind how

ever does~ 1st Is God & my faith the other is my daughter and family , friends and

then my businesses and last my personal and social life and I blance them every day !

My life and house is in order as to how I live and love day to day life when you

leave this world you can't take your wealth with you think about it !

Enclosing - I don't care how much money my date has cause it does not matter

to me if him and I got to a baseball game have a hot dog and coke in the park or

a set down five course meal in a 5 start resturant with champane as long as we

are enjoying one another time and company getting to know each other and well

on our way to a fun relationship.

Get real please ~ Brenny I'm Out
 packagedealx3
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 6:20:54 AM
Duh, ridiculously wealthy would certainly expand the realm of possibilities in terms of geography.
 Brizo
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 9:48:04 AM
hmm, all those men from Canada who were previously too far away would be just a plane ticket or lear jet hop.....distance would no longer be any kind of deterrent....

I would be able to hike the Appalachian Trail and camp, or stay in a motel if I felt like it. I'd be able to see Australia, and the Great Wall in China, and visit the awesome gardens in Japan, go to Europe....
 La Gioconda
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/10/2008 12:38:52 PM

Your garage has a different vehicle for every day of the week and you pick up your date in a different one each and everytime you go out.
Your wine collection dates previous to the American Civil War and your date no longer has to settle for Boone's Farm when being entertained at your house.

This sounds entertaining to read, but it is all about fantasy, nothing more nothing else.
In reality, should this fantasy became living proof, your 'happy bubble' would quickly burst out, and the reality would check in. Soon, you would realize that's not what is the most important in a relationship, whether you pick us up in Rolls Royce on Monday or in Mercedes on Wednesday or in Cadillac on Friday and in Jaguar on Saturday, we are still dealing with you, ultimately it is about 'us' and not about ability of changing cars like gloves, it does not add anything to dating experience, rather than just feeling dizzy from seeing all the flashiness and no substance in a man.
2 cents, La Jaconde.

My best experiences of having fun was drinking cheap Hungarian wine, I think it was called 'Bull's Blood', wine was great, cheap and perfect and the company made it even better.
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2008 7:42:48 PM
I don't see it necessarily as my dating "style" changing. I'd still be myself when out with a woman; honest, outgoing and opinionated, occasionally a little silly. What would change would be the opportunities the wealth would afford me. I could walk into any place I wanted without worrying about the cost of the evening. Also, I could indulge my love of travel, and meet all sorts of different people that I hadn't had the chance to meet before, by going to Canada, Europe, anywhere in the world really that captured my interest.
 *buzz*
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 6:27:54 AM
My "style" would not change but one thing I would quite easily do - invite my date on an adventurous trip abroad. Afterall, travel would be our passion.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 6:43:59 AM
I'd change my profile from 'friends' to 'dating'.....woo hoo.

~ds~
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/12/2008 7:54:34 AM
My location would certainly change. I'd go international.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 8:43:45 AM
It wouldn't change my dating style at all, because I still wouldn't date. The only difference would by that I'd get to laugh in the face of all the women who'd suddenly be interested in me when they weren't before.
 EpisodeIV
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 7:06:04 PM

I am just curious about your paragraph episodeiv, how did you land at such conclusion that money, all the wealth you just acquired would speed up the process of meeting the right one. And also how did you land at such conclusion that suddenly you could date more, meaning you would have more time and less restrictions. I am wondering, because money does not stop me from dating more or less, not at all. I do however live in the world that runs on 7 days a week, 24 hours in a day, and here I have a life with only two hands and ten fingers. Going on dates doesn't have to be expensive, not at all and by any means.

Extra money can buy other people's time. Other's can be employed to do things that would have taken up my time. Thus my time could be freed up to do other things. Things that would put me in places where I am more likely to meet someone. The chances of "the right one" finding me at home while I'm changing my oil or mowing my grass are much less than if I pay someone else to spend their time doing those and similar things. Thus, freeing me to go sailing, soaring, goto to sports car races, maybe even race, cycling with groups, etc. where I am exposed to many more people. Meeting more people I would have more opportunities to meet those I might date. With extra money I would have many more choices for what my two hands and ten fingers could do while I've hired others' hands and fingers to do stuff for me.

I agree that going on dates doesn't have to be expensive. But many of the profiles I see read as if one must have a lot of extra income to take them out to dinner, clubs, concerts, weekend trips, traveling, etc. Taking profiles as a whole, that is what I often interpret "I just want to be treated like a lady" or "the lady I am" to mean. A few I read as asking for respect. I also interpret most who want to be swept off their feet as looking for someone with the financial resources to spend lots on them in the pursuit of their affection. Again, I try to take the whole profile into account when reading and interpreting what that person is trying to convey.

What I normally encounter in the dating scene, if I may say that, the problem is not the time, but 'running into someone' that you feel a potential for a possible connection. I have no problem in attracting attention on this site, and not at all, but I don't have an interest in meeting each and single person that writes to me, even when they appear all together, they are handsome and kind and polite and somewhat interesting. Your comment striked me that you tend to believe that money can speed up the occurance of chemistry between two people which is essential ingredient, IMO of course. To run into someone that you feel that strong connection and pull is like appearance of the Halley's comet. So, just curious what money has got to do with meeting him/her sooner.

You must have the time to run into someone. Money can allow one to shift things around so that more of their time is spent in areas where they are more likely to run into someone compatible. I don't believe money can speed up the occurrence of "chemistry." However, I do think that there is a danger of a false chemistry being created sooner with the use and perception of extra or unlimited money. Sad to say but many women I've observed seem to give preference to guys whom hey perceive have more money.

Perhaps at some point in future time, if someone has enough financial resources and sufficient technologies have become available, one could buy a rocket ship that would follow or better jump ahead of Halley's comet thus providing many opportunities to witness it's appearance. Without those resources we must wait for the comet to come around again. Likewise, without the resources demanded by some women (or men) we must often wait for "the one" to enter our orbit. More money can put us into the orbits of more potential persons than we might otherwise experience.
 strollinbella
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/7/2008 7:38:40 PM
I'd be able to shop at the high-end clothing stores, pay off my mortgage, and hire a maid.

If I were single at the time, and he was too, I would go down to Missouri to visit a dear friend. The lack of money worries would mean that he could quit his job and we could travel all over the country.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:42:44 PM

I'd change my profile from 'friends' to 'dating'.....woo hoo.

~OT~ I wouldn't be here in forums at the moment. I'd be planning my next date to a destination of his choice.
 fancynanci
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 12:03:05 PM
Money has never been an issue for me. I have money and I don't care if anyone else does.
 dub08
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/8/2008 12:04:03 PM
I would probably get a date!!!
Posted: 9/8/2008 12:16:27 PM
I would buy a huge yacht, park it in Tahiti, Bali, Mauritius or wherever. Then, while my friends and I surfed...I would have a brazilian girl kicking along on a boogie board in a thong in front of me while I paddled out(trust me on this one).

I'd have a bunch of topless large breasted women sunbathing and pouring champagne on themselves on my yacht while having pillow fights and giving my friends and I all the p*ssy and BJs we could stand. High fives would be plentiful.

I would walk around every once in a while and throw chicks in the pool just because.

I would have a personal chef to bring me, my friends, and my harem whatever the hell we wanted.

Then I would just screw hot women and be on a permanent surf trip until I found "the one".

I know, I am so romantic. It sure sounds like fun to me though.
 celts123
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/8/2008 12:17:29 PM
It wouldn't necessary change my dating style. But there would probably be more women interested in dating me if I suddenly became more wealthly.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How would sudden wealth change your dating style.