Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How would sudden wealth change your dating style.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *buzz*
Msg: 40
view profile
History
How would sudden wealth change your dating style.Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
My "style" would not change but one thing I would quite easily do - invite my date on an adventurous trip abroad. Afterall, travel would be our passion.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 41
view profile
History
How would sudden wealth change your dating style.
Posted: 8/12/2008 6:43:59 AM
I'd change my profile from 'friends' to 'dating'.....woo hoo.

~ds~
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/12/2008 7:54:34 AM
My location would certainly change. I'd go international.
 Kongzilla
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 8:43:45 AM
It wouldn't change my dating style at all, because I still wouldn't date. The only difference would by that I'd get to laugh in the face of all the women who'd suddenly be interested in me when they weren't before.
 EpisodeIV
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 7:06:04 PM

I am just curious about your paragraph episodeiv, how did you land at such conclusion that money, all the wealth you just acquired would speed up the process of meeting the right one. And also how did you land at such conclusion that suddenly you could date more, meaning you would have more time and less restrictions. I am wondering, because money does not stop me from dating more or less, not at all. I do however live in the world that runs on 7 days a week, 24 hours in a day, and here I have a life with only two hands and ten fingers. Going on dates doesn't have to be expensive, not at all and by any means.

Extra money can buy other people's time. Other's can be employed to do things that would have taken up my time. Thus my time could be freed up to do other things. Things that would put me in places where I am more likely to meet someone. The chances of "the right one" finding me at home while I'm changing my oil or mowing my grass are much less than if I pay someone else to spend their time doing those and similar things. Thus, freeing me to go sailing, soaring, goto to sports car races, maybe even race, cycling with groups, etc. where I am exposed to many more people. Meeting more people I would have more opportunities to meet those I might date. With extra money I would have many more choices for what my two hands and ten fingers could do while I've hired others' hands and fingers to do stuff for me.

I agree that going on dates doesn't have to be expensive. But many of the profiles I see read as if one must have a lot of extra income to take them out to dinner, clubs, concerts, weekend trips, traveling, etc. Taking profiles as a whole, that is what I often interpret "I just want to be treated like a lady" or "the lady I am" to mean. A few I read as asking for respect. I also interpret most who want to be swept off their feet as looking for someone with the financial resources to spend lots on them in the pursuit of their affection. Again, I try to take the whole profile into account when reading and interpreting what that person is trying to convey.

What I normally encounter in the dating scene, if I may say that, the problem is not the time, but 'running into someone' that you feel a potential for a possible connection. I have no problem in attracting attention on this site, and not at all, but I don't have an interest in meeting each and single person that writes to me, even when they appear all together, they are handsome and kind and polite and somewhat interesting. Your comment striked me that you tend to believe that money can speed up the occurance of chemistry between two people which is essential ingredient, IMO of course. To run into someone that you feel that strong connection and pull is like appearance of the Halley's comet. So, just curious what money has got to do with meeting him/her sooner.

You must have the time to run into someone. Money can allow one to shift things around so that more of their time is spent in areas where they are more likely to run into someone compatible. I don't believe money can speed up the occurrence of "chemistry." However, I do think that there is a danger of a false chemistry being created sooner with the use and perception of extra or unlimited money. Sad to say but many women I've observed seem to give preference to guys whom hey perceive have more money.

Perhaps at some point in future time, if someone has enough financial resources and sufficient technologies have become available, one could buy a rocket ship that would follow or better jump ahead of Halley's comet thus providing many opportunities to witness it's appearance. Without those resources we must wait for the comet to come around again. Likewise, without the resources demanded by some women (or men) we must often wait for "the one" to enter our orbit. More money can put us into the orbits of more potential persons than we might otherwise experience.
 strollinbella
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/7/2008 7:38:40 PM
I'd be able to shop at the high-end clothing stores, pay off my mortgage, and hire a maid.

If I were single at the time, and he was too, I would go down to Missouri to visit a dear friend. The lack of money worries would mean that he could quit his job and we could travel all over the country.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:42:44 PM

I'd change my profile from 'friends' to 'dating'.....woo hoo.

~OT~ I wouldn't be here in forums at the moment. I'd be planning my next date to a destination of his choice.
 fancynanci
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 12:03:05 PM
Money has never been an issue for me. I have money and I don't care if anyone else does.
 dub08
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/8/2008 12:04:03 PM
I would probably get a date!!!
Posted: 9/8/2008 12:16:27 PM
I would buy a huge yacht, park it in Tahiti, Bali, Mauritius or wherever. Then, while my friends and I surfed...I would have a brazilian girl kicking along on a boogie board in a thong in front of me while I paddled out(trust me on this one).

I'd have a bunch of topless large breasted women sunbathing and pouring champagne on themselves on my yacht while having pillow fights and giving my friends and I all the p*ssy and BJs we could stand. High fives would be plentiful.

I would walk around every once in a while and throw chicks in the pool just because.

I would have a personal chef to bring me, my friends, and my harem whatever the hell we wanted.

Then I would just screw hot women and be on a permanent surf trip until I found "the one".

I know, I am so romantic. It sure sounds like fun to me though.
 celts123
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/8/2008 12:17:29 PM
It wouldn't necessary change my dating style. But there would probably be more women interested in dating me if I suddenly became more wealthly.
Posted: 9/8/2008 12:22:30 PM
Also, I would be able to fly anywhere for a date on a whim. I just got message from an insanely hot woman that is 1000 miles away.

Hmmm, or that whole permanent surf trip thing.
 nebula22
Msg: 52
Posted: 9/8/2008 12:54:16 PM
More money wouldn't change a thing about me other than finally being able to build my expensive inventions that could help get us away from the Oil Barons.

As far as dating goes. I already turn down young gals and refuse to date anyone who gives the impression of wanting money or material possessions instead of pure LOVE.

I believe the only thing that could change me would be death.
 IceNine
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/9/2008 10:55:30 AM

For me, I'd keep that a secret from anyone I'd date from that point on. I'd have a "dating" house or apartment to take dates to. It would be very modest. Very working middle class kind of dwelling. I'd also keep my current vehicle. There would be no trace of wealth about me.

Then, once I saw that money wasn't an issue for her (after a few months of us being an exclusive couple), I'd let her know the real deal. Dishonest? Yes. But in a situation like that, how else could you screen out the "gold diggers?"

This is pretty close to what Susanne Klatten did (she's worth about 9 billion dollars or so).

Ice

From the web:

After she finished high school, Susanne Klatten studied business and economics in Frankfurt and later earned an MBA from the IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland. But much of what she learned was through the on-the-job training she got in a series of internships inside her family's empire. She held these positions under assumed names -- understandable for someone who wants to be taken on her own terms.

At the BMW factory in Regensburg, Quandt did a traineeship under the name Susanne Kant. There she met the engineer Jan Klatten, who knew nothing of her extreme wealth.

"I wanted to find out if he really loved me," she is quoted as saying. The pair married in 1990.
 fancynanci
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2008 11:08:16 AM
It wouldn't. Money has never been an issue with me, and never will be.
 jeeplover41
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/28/2008 12:26:03 PM
I would suddenly become very, very handsome!

Does this overstuffed wallet make my ass look fat?
 oneofsome
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/28/2008 7:13:05 PM
It would be a huge responsibility to have and manage that kind of wealth so I imagine I'd be extremely busy. As to dating, with lots of money I could afford to fly anywhere in the world to meet anyone that I wanted to date and was willing to date me. That would be cool. I often see profiles of men that impress me, but they are too far away to even consider a relationship!
 tom42149
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/28/2008 7:53:29 PM
Sudden wealth? I would instantly quit the dating hassles, and wait for the ladies to come looking for me. Being able to afford high dollar call girls would make the wait easier, no doubt!
 abelian
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/28/2008 10:06:56 PM
I could afford to pay for outcalls.
 jeeplover41
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/29/2008 10:17:02 AM

I wouldn't mind getting better clothes and getting my car's A/C fixed. Chicks dig A/C.

I would have to make my main profile pic one of me buried up to my neck in $100 bills since my car did not come with A/C.
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/31/2008 7:49:57 AM
I don't think the money would change me as a person, or at least I hope it wouldn't. I would ask a workaholic friend of mine if he wanted to give up his work-like-a-dog-life for one of leisure and luxury. If he wasn't up to it, then I'd be flying solo. I would not flaunt my wealth, but I would not be deceptive to potential dates either.

Mind you, I would be busy traveling to all the places I've dreamed about and my summers would be spent taking in as many live MLB games as I could squeeze in, so dating would not be a top priority...at least not in the short term.
 _Icon_
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/31/2008 4:00:04 PM
With that kind of money, all I would need would be a nice set of luggage.

On second thought, screw the luggage. I'll buy clothes when I get there.

Dating? Oh hm, well...I'd be too busy seeing all the places I have always dreamed about.
 Scoparius
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/24/2008 4:09:54 PM
Id give out free ice cream.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/24/2008 10:08:05 PM
I would date girls with really cool accents...
in their own countries.
 Refinedsillyguy
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/25/2008 9:04:25 PM
Tropical islands here I come..
Well maybe not right away.

Well i would have to figure out how my friends are going to react to it.
the girls i know. I'd keep it quiet for a bit. Date all the girls I thought were cute, but never made a move. So I knew who not to waste my time with when I came back from traveling, Or whenever I stopped in town to visit..

Definetly Would give me the confidence to put myself in a postion to learn and experience things I normally wouldn't.

I don't have a car right now. So that would change. Although It would be hard to buy a normal car. As everyone around looks at you like your made of money..It's no wonder soo many people move away after winning the lottery.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How would sudden wealth change your dating style.