Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > North Carolina  > First ever! Fayetteville PoF get together Friday, Sept 12, 8 pm til w      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hondacat
Msg: 26
First ever! Fayetteville PoF get together Friday, Sept 12, 8 pm Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
The party has definitely received alot of interest. Thanks to those who have posted. I look forward to meeting all of you.

I want to make sure Huske can handle a big and fun loving crowd, will keep my eye out for a contingency place nearby. On the otherhand do they have phone booths anymore, we could see how many we could cram into one, you'd certainly know your fellow attendees a little better that way.
 acehrts
Msg: 27
view profile
History
First ever! Fayetteville PoF get together Friday, Sept 12, 8 pm
Posted: 8/27/2008 2:31:58 PM
Hey glad you are hosting a pof party in Fayetteville. I willbe attending and bringing friends see you there.
 hondacat
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/27/2008 6:57:55 PM
I do see that a few are from out of town so I hope the drives not too bad. I'm glad this one is off to a good start, why should Raleigh have all the fun!!
 hondacat
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/27/2008 7:45:00 PM
Hay street has several restaurants, mind you not big. Pierros is Italian and usually has a line. Blue Moon is nice a tapas bar, there's a Burger/Sports Bar (sorry completely zoned out on the name), Rude Awakening, a coffee place between them if someone just wanted to meet for coffee rather than dinner. Further down the street is the Docks which also has a restaurant and on the other side of Market House, a few more including the Keys which is a piano bar which is alot of fun and always packed. So there are places to meet beforehand.

BTW, I am inclined to change to the Docks at the Capitol down the street, I want to make sure there's room for us. I'll keep you posted. Either way downtown Fay is the location.
 hondacat
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/28/2008 1:45:30 PM
NEW LOCATION for get together!!

Just in case someone missed my announcement. We are moving the party down the street to The Docks at the Capitol, more room. There will be a DJ, so you can bring your dancing shoes!!

I'm excited they are happy to have us!! Please be sure to let others you have contacted that the location has changed. I will also ask Huske if they will point out stragglers to Docks, not sure if they will.

I sent mass email hope you all got it.
 jamesntn47
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2008 10:42:13 PM
no i didnt get it but i know now
 hondacat
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:50:43 AM
This is insane!!! I am so happy about the response from everyone. I knew we could have fun in Fayetteville.

Don't forget if you'd like I can have pics projected at the Docks. I think in order to commit to doing that I'd need at least 40-50? I know you don't want my mug blasted over the screen all the time. Of course, we don't have to do this.

Thanks again and especially for designated drivers. You are so appreciated, unfortuntately I can only haul around one driver.

BTW, for the attendees as of yesterday, did anyone not get my mass email about the address change. I want to use it in the future and need to figure out if it worked.

Thanks.
 nowiamme
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/29/2008 12:34:28 PM
Hey all....It looks like this is going to be a nice turn out. Thanks Cat for making all the arrangements and taking the reigns. I'm coming from Elizabeth City and would gladly carpool too. Are there any decent hotels in the area?
 hondacat
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/30/2008 4:33:07 AM
Be sure to update your friends about location. OTay, I'm going to send you all another email just to see if this works. Technology don't ya love it!!

says I've sent it so we'll see if you get it
 nowiamme
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/30/2008 6:02:53 AM
Heres a big hint for all of you to make this thing successful. This is intended for everyone to have a good time and meet lots of new friends. Remember the old saying, "no expectations, no disappointments" That definately applies here. Go with the goal of meeting new friends, not to meet "the one". This way there'll be no disappointments, only success. If you happen to meet "the one", its a great bonus. Just hang loose and have fun.

I'm new to the area, but went to a few of these in Ohio and had a blast at every one. Heres the cool thing: Everyone danced with everyone....regardless of race, religion, body type, etc AND noone got jealous and there was never an arguement or a fight (heaven forbid). There was even a competition once where the person who danced with the most people won a prize. Everyone had stickers and when you danced with someone, they gave you one of their stickers. I think it was at Halloween time and the prize was a goodie bag of candy
 hondacat
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/30/2008 7:03:21 AM
I agree its about meeting people. Besides you never know the person you are chatting with could very well have a best friend that would be a good match. Make friends, make connections!

I do have over 100 leis, early birds get the special ones. It will help identify if you are a PoFer rather than someone at Docks who's just joining in on the fun. The more the merrier.

Dawn will be handing out PoF cards so you can give your number/name to someone you are interested in. If you don't have a pen, I'm bringing lots. Or ladies you can write your name in lipstick...

It's been suggested and I'll give it a try. I'm going to hand out two decks of cards, one color for men and one for women. The fun will be to find your matching card and introduce yourself. If you can't find the 7 of clubs then go looking for another 7. I think its a way for people to introduce themselves. I know it's kind of a game but they seem to work rather than everyone just standing around. Remember we don't know each other so you can act silly and we won't tell.

I am bringing a camera and if others would like to be shutterbugs that would be great. Afterall wouldn't it be great to show your family... this is the first time I met your mom, dad, stepdad, etc.

Oh....and in my best evil laughter...muhaaahaa... the mass email worked, you are now caught in my web... I know you will be sick of me by the time the party rolls around.
 nowiamme
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/30/2008 11:07:24 AM
Hey noeasygirl, could you email me. Your settings are set not to accept emails from other females.
 hondacat
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/30/2008 1:02:36 PM
As far as communicating with each other, it is true that if your settings restrict a certain age or gender you won't be receiving emails from some of the fellow attendees. I have tried to drum up more attendees but get blocked because I am a woman contacting another woman. So just be aware. At least I can get ahold of all of you by mass email

Stickers would be great, not to beat a dead horse but would they be fish stickers
 jamesntn47
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 2:31:36 PM
ty ye s i received the last mass mail , and the personel one too , i am far from a troulbe maker , not sure what made u say that but lololol oh stop it
 hondacat
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/30/2008 3:23:44 PM
Well anything will work. Yep, I don't think people realize that someone may be contacting them that has more to do with friendship than male/female dating. I made sure to take mine off for the time being. Later on I'll put the setting back to Brad Pitt, as in if you're not, your email will bounce back
 hondacat
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/30/2008 5:55:47 PM
Are we going to make 100 attendees, well those that rsvp'd anyway.

Woo hoo, who's it gonna be, lucky 100.

I realize not everyone will be able to make it but y'all promised to bring friends so I firmly believe we will have 100 folks. Gosh, if you can't meet one interesting person in this bunch, I just don't know what to say.

Who will it be? Is George Clooney or Jennifer Aniston around ? (I hear she's recently single, even she needs dating tips, like shouldn't she have known he was a serial dater?)

Ok getting tired putting away the pom poms for the night.
 nowiamme
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/30/2008 6:27:54 PM
YOU GO CAT!

Wheres the enthusiasm from the rest of you........lets make some noise

I don't think there will be much problem getting 100 people to attend. I've had several tell me they are coming, but haven't signed up yet. Come on guys.......the sign up list is on page 1 and besides the first ones to show up get leid (with a lei, silly!)
 hondacat
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/30/2008 6:42:42 PM
Jenny Jenny who can I turn to? Yep, remember that song. too cool. Just one more

Oh and fellows lets not be too cool. don't ya know that if you post a pic it might encourage others to come too.

So who's gonna be lucky 100, gott come up with a prize for number 100.

Ah we made 100, I can rest easy tonight.
 ***Looking***
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/30/2008 7:23:55 PM
Hey Cat I look forward to this event. Haven't been to one in awhile. You're doing a great job and very much look forward to seeing everyone have a good time!! Remember don't be shy people, we don't bite....much
 psw216
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/31/2008 11:49:31 AM
ill be there...im looking forward to meeting some fayetteville people!!!!!
 hondacat
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/31/2008 2:33:31 PM
Leis will be handed out to as many as possible. Definitely if you're a PoFer and I'll get more for friends. First 30 still get the "special" ones, well, they did cost 20 cents more when they run out they run out. I figure its easier to designate from the regular crowd that is there. Not that they aren't welcome to join in but someone with a lei will probably have a board name and you can commuicate later on through PoF. No hard fast rules but I thought especially in the first half hour or so it will help us know who is who

Glad you can come and great that you'll bring friends.

Keep in mind folks this is my first time doing this. A few of you have contacted me about helping and I'll circle back with you, I think maybe 3 helpers will be needed to hand out leis, cards and maybe facilitate some of the activities.
 ***Looking***
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/31/2008 10:03:37 PM
Going to have to get there early, so I can get a special one. Some of us need all the help we can get!

Ok people let's hear from you, light this thread up!!!

Will this get me to the top of the next page?

TheTiesThatBind
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 10:08:42 AM
I will definitely be there got other plans taken care of !!!!!! see youll there
 hondacat
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:08:26 PM
Went to the Docks tonight. They are excited to have us. DJ will play what we want him to play. there are pool tables nearby that can be reserved for an hour. I'm thinking of claiming them when I get there. Downstairs has some arcade games and a rollercoaster simulator . Saw some people come off of it, looks like it must have felt like the real thing. So lots of activities if you need a break from dancing, etc. and again they have a quiet lounge viewing area.

You will have fun!
 ***Looking***
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/1/2008 9:20:15 PM
Rollercoaster simulator...YES, that might be better than a mechanical bull. I see a challenge coming up.....anyone game??

Let's have fun.
Show ALL Forums  > North Carolina  > First ever! Fayetteville PoF get together Friday, Sept 12, 8 pm til whenever