Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > North Carolina  > First ever! Fayetteville PoF get together Friday, Sept 12, 8 pm til w      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hondacat
Msg: 76
First ever! Fayetteville PoF get together Friday, Sept 12, 8 pm Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Gentlemen, thank you for posting your pic and rsvp'ing. I'd like to thank the ones I communicated with who have decided to come to this party.

Ladies, please contact other gentlemen, don't be shy. I have been quite successful. YOU DON'T ASK YOU DON'T GET!!!

Hotel info, I'm not sure, depends, there is stuff near 95, there are many near the mall which isn't too far. Just depends on what you're looking for. You an pm me and I'll try to give you pointers.
 dollhouse549
Msg: 77
view profile
History
First ever! Fayetteville PoF get together Friday, Sept 12, 8 pm
Posted: 9/7/2008 12:21:14 PM
WELL LOOK LIKE A GREAT GROUP OF PLENTYOF ARE GOING TO BE THERE . IM LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING AND MAKE NEW FRIEND . I HOPE THAT ALL WILL ENJOY THERE SELF . AND WE CAN HAVE A NICE PARTY AND THE NIGHT AWAY I ENJOY SO LET WE CAN SHOW FAYETTVILLE HOW PO HAVE A PARTY. IM GLAD WE HAVE THIS . AND MAY I SAY THANK TO CAT FOR BUT THIS TOGTHER .. WELL WE GOT 5 MORE DAY LET COME ON PEOPLE SIGN UP I LIKE TO MEET MORE THAT COME WE CAN GET MORE HERE .. LET GOING AND . I WANT TO THE NIGHT AWAY LET GO PO LET DOLLHOUSE
 jamesntn47
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 2:12:57 PM
wow i dont check the comments for a few days darn the list grew i heard someone say they were goin there to meet someone that they admired , word of wisdom go there meet n mingle woith everyone u just dont know what u may be missin if u chase or spent all your time with one person it could work out it may not work out , but by talkin with everyone u are sure to make some new freinds that u wouldnt have if u spent time on just one , make it that u are goin there to make as many freinds as u can and sees how it goes from there i ve been before had one person in mind and overlooked some other people and i felt very badly about it so lets all meet make freinds and go from there ya just never know u who u may click with if ya dont use lots of bait and lots of line lol see ya then wow too many pretyy profile to look at lol
 05magnum
Msg: 79
Posted: 9/7/2008 2:52:09 PM
Hello, Thomas here, o5 magnum,
a friend and i would like to attend the fayet g2g, we were wondering if there is any kind of groupe rate at a motell(red Roof) or something that is pet friendly, we live far enough away that to have more than one drink and try and drive home would be stupid. My lisence is my job, hope this finds all the plans going great . and look foward to being there. Thx for the help
Thomas
 hondacat
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/7/2008 4:07:25 PM
Hotel suggestions for Friday night....well, let me check around as to what's close, what's cheap, which one takes pets. they may be totally different places.

There are many of the usual chains near the mall on Skibo or Cedar Creek Rd which isn't too far away. And of course there are some on 95 as you head into town. There is one right downtown but a bit pricey. Let me see what I can scope out and I'll be happy to post. Here are some listed. If you have one you are interested in I can tell you if it's as described, good or bad section, etc. This might help.

http://www.trails.com/all-hotels/city-hotel.asp?dest=NC+Fayetteville
pet friendly:
http://www.hotelrooms.com/USA_North_Carolina_Fayetteville.html

As for pet friendly I know the Bordeaux isnt too far from downtown and a decent hotel and pet friendly. I'm sure everyone will be able to find something
 hondacat
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/7/2008 4:26:35 PM
You can email me Kitty and I'll let you know if its ok, really Fay isn't that big so it doesn't take too long to get anywhere.

DANG AM I GOOD OR WHAT?!!! Just had two more of my contacts sign up for PoF and probably will make it to the party. Word of mouth is great. With this many people everyone should have a good time...talk, dance, play games.

I want to rock the joint!!

And yes I only get worse as we get closer. Come 10:01 I'm putting my dogs up. And no the party goes on as long as you want it to, Docks stays openn til 2 am, it's just that by 10pm I'm sitting down, pass me a margarita please!!! hold the salt give me a double shot of tequila.
 ***Looking***
Msg: 82
Posted: 9/7/2008 4:48:14 PM
Do tell me the name or email it to me. I'm thinking I will need a place to lay my head. That rollercoaster may make me dizzy....
 hondacat
Msg: 83
Posted: 9/7/2008 6:46:43 PM
Really only walking distance one is the Clarion Prince Charles on Hay Street, there may be something near the courthouse but I wouldn't recommend it. Hang on folks and I'll get some info for you. I've already mentioned the Holiday Inn at Bordeaux since it accepts pets and there's another on Owen Dr. All you do is turn right on Village that dead ends into Robeson, take a right and when you get to the Special Ops Museum you turn onto Hay Street. Docks is on the left just before Market Sq.

If you are coming off 95 there are several reasonable fee motels on Eastern Ave (301). Not fond of the area. Of course on 95 there are hotels as well.

I have to say there are so many hotels around the mall on Skibo, Sycamore Dairy, Cedar Creek road, all the usual chains with varying prices. I'll try to post the most reasonable. Really not to hard to get to from downtown. I can give dets later.

I'm afraid that nearby, inexpensive just aren't compatible. Sorry maybe someone else from Fayetteville can make a recommendation
 hondacat
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/7/2008 6:54:22 PM
If anyone is staying overnight, don't forget the Special Ops Museum is downtown and worth a visit. I'd love to meet you for breakfast at my favorite breakfast place..... Zorbas on Raeford Rd.

2 eggs, bacon or sausage, toast or pancakes, grits or hashbrowns drum roll please all for $3.95! And have I mentioned the best hashbrowns ever!! Any takers let me know.

k, back to my hotel search, aren't you glad I'm doing this, I'm a nut, you'll all see.
 hondacat
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/7/2008 7:18:10 PM
Mall area hotels

least expensive: Super 8m Econo lodge, Days Inn, Country Hearth
next least: InnKeeper, Fairfield Inn, Quality Inn, Hampton Inn,
next: Comfort Inn, Marriott, Hilton

don't forget about using any discounts. Well that's the best I can do for ya. You can always pm me if you want me to look something up

might give you more info:
http://hotel-guides.us/north-carolina/fayetteville-nc-hotels.html
 ***Looking***
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/7/2008 7:23:14 PM
great info, once again an excellent job!!!

Us loonies need all the help we can get....at least I do
 jamesntn47
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2008 8:58:10 PM
welll there is no harm in catching ataxi or some of us folks that dont drive wouldnt mind droppin ya off at a hotel futher away i will be leaving tonw south bound so anything up arround owens drive or 95 bussiness isnt out of mmy way or on 95 exit 46 or 48
 jamesntn47
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:29:04 AM
yes i teach typoneese once a week lol i dont drink and i wouldnt mind droping anyone off at there hotel on my way out of town i live south of fayetteville so anyplace south of hayes street or jsut of 95 isnt out of my way see ya friday
 hondacat
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/8/2008 11:28:27 AM
Well I could take another person in my convertible but I'm not sure when I'll be done with the party. I guess there's not anything I need to clean up. I'm probably not going to be there until they close either.

I am going to be there just before 8 pm. I may need a little help handing out leis, cards, etc. I do hope most people aren't going to do the fashionably late thing too much. I suspect we'll have an easier time talking to each other earlier on.
 deliza_jo
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2008 1:46:47 PM
I can't wait I wii be bringing my best friend (female ) with me she is a bit shy we need to get her out of her shell.
 05magnum
Msg: 91
Posted: 9/8/2008 3:05:21 PM
Hello PoFers,

Welll the advenvture is set in motion, room found, dog friendly,
Now all we have todo is get through the week, and make it there safe and ssound

Hondacat,
Thx so much for your help, U made it easy for us out of towners: hug: <<<<4 U 4 U
THX Thomas
 hondacat
Msg: 92
Posted: 9/8/2008 3:33:18 PM
Welcome to any and all attendees of what will be I hope the best PoF get together anywhere!! I think the number of attendess shows we needed to do something like this.

It's getting closer to the date. For anyone that has expressed and interest be sure to rsvp your attendance so others can see who's coming. It's also important, since it allows me to contact you. Some of you may have setting that doesn't allow this "old" " girl" to contact you but I can through the mass email. Then again I haven't checked is there a Do not allow anyone named Cat button?

Thanks.
 hondacat
Msg: 93
Posted: 9/9/2008 4:57:49 PM
Well, since I've gathered some information on hotels I'll post a few numbers for taxis. Mind you I haven't ridden in any of them. I picked mostly for proximity to the Docks, or if they had 24 hour service and multiple cabs.

downtown cab companies:
JB Taxi (910) 308-7314 call before 11 pm

24 hr:
On Time Taxi 901 484-0110
Checker Yellow Cab 910 488-5555
Up All Nite Taxi (910) 424-4434

I am hoping that fellow attendees can help. Although I realize we must all be cautious riding with someone you don't know. I'm certainly willing to drive someone in my car.
 hondacat
Msg: 94
Posted: 9/9/2008 7:34:12 PM
IT'S THE LAST DANCE....LAST CHANCE FOR LOVE...It's getting down to the wire, ladies and gentlemen if you've hesitated contacting someone about the party, do so now. Don't want them to make other plans do you? Sorry, but I contacted many individuals again who did not restrict someone of my advanced age. I'm tapped out and tired, need energy for Friday, want to make sure you guys have fun. If you'd like to invite a younger person male/female...just do it. Ladies, I'm seeing a few more of you coming then men. I don't think the gentlemen will complain but try and reach out to someone and lets get those numbers balanced. What do you have to lose?

K, that's it for me tonight, actually have pesky things to do like rewriting a resume for a job interview. You know life outside of PoF. I'm leaving it up to you.
 DolliAylene
Msg: 95
Posted: 9/10/2008 1:10:10 PM
I look forward to being there, and meeting a friends from, here, I have been to a few meetings in the past and I really have ENJOY THEM.
Hugs, Dolli
 hondacat
Msg: 96
Posted: 9/10/2008 2:30:40 PM
We're almost at Friday, you should have received an automatic notice. Let me know if you have questions. I've got training on Thursday so it's best to contact me today.

Be there or be square.....old saying I know.

BTW, are you getting tired of seeing the ads about yellow teeth or for those skanky clothes right next to your profile pic? I mean is it trying to tell me something.
 .EroS..
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/10/2008 4:20:06 PM
I was just wondering if it would be wise for a couple to attend this event? Just asking... looking for a sexy woman to enjoy the evening with... a few sexy women maybe!
 jamesntn47
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 6:45:44 PM
lol count again there are 9 men for every 7 women so ladys grab ya female freind u are out numbered wait u prob like that lolol, lol dude a few sexy women dont be greedy save some for us
 jamesntn47
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 6:46:18 PM
love me hate me honest i am lolol
 hondacat
Msg: 100
Posted: 9/10/2008 6:50:00 PM
This event is being held for single people hoping to meet someone to date. Where that leads to a long term relationship or not is up to the couple. Everyone is an adult. However, I have concerns about anyone that is looking for an intimate encounter. Most of the profiles of the attendees state they are not looking to be contacted by someone looking for an intimate encounter. I can not speak for this group, but I hope no one is made uncomfortable by any interactions during this get together. I've said it earlier, if someone is coming to this married and/or looking for an intimate encounter this is probably not the function for you. I do appreciate your asking.
Show ALL Forums  > North Carolina  > First ever! Fayetteville PoF get together Friday, Sept 12, 8 pm til whenever