Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nebula22
Msg: 188
Looking at younger women / girls.Page 10 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I have had girlfriends that were 30 years younger than I am.. No big deal..
I have turned down gals that young and see nothing they have that a woman my age doesn't have.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Looking at younger women / girls.
Posted: 8/14/2008 8:48:15 AM
Can't really believe I'm posting in this thread... my initial reaction was "so what?"
He's looking at someone appealing walk down the street. I think that is normal.

My next reaction was "wow, is their marriage in trouble" Not because he's looking at other women... because they are living an entrenched core argument and with this pattern, unaltered, the only possible outcomes are 1) divorce or 2) living a life of quiet desperation where they continue to punish each other for their perceived failings.
 cw35
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2008 10:22:13 AM
I guess there are a lot of 40 something women that are complete LIARS if what you just said is true mary, since they all seem to say they have dated their fair share of "hot" 20 something guys. If good looking young women won't date older guys then the same must be true for younger men which means there's a lot of sad women spewing lies on POF from what I've read. Or maybe it's just that all the older women think they're so beautiful compared to the men, nobody can resist them. Delusions of grandeur seem to abound on this site. Personally, I think you're generalizing about who will date who. I've emailed women of all ages and women of varying ages have done the same to me.
 10of6
Msg: 206
Posted: 11/10/2008 5:57:40 PM
I'd suggest the car-washer file for a divorce. This is a form of abuse, as the guy made no comment or leering gestures. In your story, OP, if true, she displayed no trust, saw no humor, and made no attempt to just chalk it off. How pathetic. Like I've been saying: relationships, especially marriage, are too often wrestling matches over who dominates the other. Sad, sad, sad.

I hope he finds a way to catch her checking out men's butts.
 La Gioconda
Msg: 207
Posted: 11/10/2008 6:21:13 PM
It's normal reaction of the man to notice attractive young women, whether a man is in a committed relationship, married or not, it is unreasonable to expect him not to notice. I think one of the great answers are in post #25 by actualizing. This man could have made his woman smile and turn this into joke. But in the end both turnout to be immature.
 10of6
Msg: 211
Posted: 11/11/2008 7:13:16 AM
^^^^^ Your description of your self-image reads as if *I* had written it, my British soul brother...I agree that women vastly overrate their appeal and can't seem to get their minds around the reality; and that is, the anti-male propaganda is just that--propaganda.
 english lass
Msg: 212
Posted: 11/11/2008 7:43:07 AM
it's a natural thing to look at and admire beauty, but an appreciation of the way something is doesn't necessarily mean that sex has to be involved or even desired...

if that was the case, it would make it rather difficult to go hiking amidst the glorious autumnal trees... and forget spending time browsing at the national art gallery...

ntsttln4less
Msg: 213
Posted: 11/11/2008 7:44:03 AM
I think the real question is, Why is she so paranoid? People are so insecure. Maybe there is more cracks in your foundation than you realize.
 webweebil
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2008 5:20:16 PM
FWIW, they use saltpeter in the military to lower their troops' sex drive. Sex is one of the most sublime experiences one can have on this mortal coil. There's the mystical tradition of tantra that uses sex as a channel towards divine enlightenment even (although I'm not well-studied in it.)
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 219
Posted: 11/11/2008 8:54:17 PM
I think looking at 16 year olds and lusting after them is a bit different.

Looking at somebody =/= serious interest, or even any interest. I looked at this wierd creepy 60 year old man wearing a speedo who was in the hot tub talking to me about how nice fake tits on teenagers were. Now he's has issues, however, his hideously tight speedo was attracting attention and I would hardly call that sexually enticing.

Hell today I was at the gym and an incredibly fit, well tanned and well muscled girl working out in what can only be called the most disgustingly sexy outfit I've seen at the gym to date. She kept looking at me, I barely glanced in her direction until I noticed her eyeballin me repeatedly. Honestly, there's little to no chance of her being overly interested in me, particularly sexually.

Besides, he's middle aged, not dead. There's a difference between looking at 16 year olds and touching them. Last time I checked, middle aged women weren't exactly above checking out the 20-something ripped muscle bound men of their youth neither.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2008 8:55:31 PM
If the guy simply didn't know that it would offend his wife, then when she asked him if he liked look at those 16-year-old girls, he would have said "yes".
If the guy didn't hear his wife speak, he would have said "sorry, I didn't hear you".
If he liked looking at teenage girls, but didn't want to cause a ruckus in his marriage, then he'd do what lots of other men who do, who are happily married, they look, but not when their wife is there.
He heard her. He KNEW that it would bug her if he was looking at those girls. He probably KNEW she was there as well. So he KNEW it would anger her.

She has probably been making his life difficult for a long time, and he is probably not that happy with his marriage. He is just admiring those girls, because even though most guys on POF say that teenage girls are not worth the drama, they would still be LESS drama than his wife. He just cannot afford a divorce, and/or is so used to being in an unhappy marriage that he cannot be bothered to leave her.

This man is sending his wife a message: "Start treating me nicer, or I WILL find someone else, because if even 16-year-olds are willing to talk to me, you can bet that other women will date me".
 WanderingRain
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2008 12:43:24 AM
Yes, I would like to be a Mormon or Muslim now, please.
Can I have the complimentary wife and concubine combo package with my membership kit???
 10of6
Msg: 223
Posted: 11/12/2008 2:24:41 PM
Yes i "look" at other men, i'll even turn around and watch a really good specimen, but NEVER would i do it in the presence of my man.
I believe the man who so many women have condemned to the Inferno of Nagging didn't know he was in the presence of "his woman."

If he liked looking at teenage girls, but didn't want to cause a ruckus in his marriage, then he'd do what lots of other men who do, who are happily married, they look, but not when their wife is there.
That's an intriguing portrayal of "happily married." Sounds more like a military training camp, wherein each trainee's eyes must be "caged" (aka focusing to a distant point, kind of like blinders). Fearfully married, more than likely.
 webweebil
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2008 2:27:35 PM
I look at all sorts of beautiful things. Some people are like works of art - they are a thing to behold. Men and women, if they are striking and beautiful (or striking and ugly), capture my attention. If a man is beautiful, there mayhaps be a bit more sparkle in my eye...
 ladyc4
Msg: 225
Posted: 11/12/2008 4:22:29 PM

No woman has any sexual power over me and I'm not a homosexual

But you may be atypically asexual.

I can think of many things other than sex actually and they're far more stimulating to entertain.

I'm now fairly certain you are atypical. Or maybe a metrosexual.

Every man would be nothing more than a free roaming erection parading around struggling to secure his way into the nearest available entrance without any regard for anything else at all.
Oh now this gave me a mental picture that I was ROTLFMAO about. Scared the hell out of my cat.

When I was a soldier, the last thing I thought about was sex. If I'd have stopped to cater for a sexual fantasy during a combat situation I would've got every other guy around me killed.

Son, the OT was about a guy working on his car, or washing it , whatever. No mention was made of this scenario occurring in a combat zone. "I would've got every other guy around me killed"?
Whether or not you are, or are not, homosexual,asexual, or metrosexual, I cannot say. But I'm fairly certain you are not bullet proof. The fact that you can forget about sex in a situation where you could get your ass shot off
doesn't prove a whole heck of a lot, IMHO.
Why has this stupid thread come back to life? Why am I POSTING to it?
Cindy O
 massmn
Msg: 226
Posted: 11/13/2008 12:20:32 PM
Remember, guy's are more VISUALL STIMULATED THEN WOMEN, it may not be correct but that's just our nature, just because we're looking doesn't mean we want it.

MY QUESTION IS ON MOST PROFILES WOMEN SAY THEY ARE LOOKING FOR MAN WHO IS NICE, HONEST TRUSTWORTHY. SO WHY IS IT THAT THESE SAME WOMEN ( WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT) ARE MORE INTERESTED IN LOOKS AND MONEY! THIS HAS BEEN MY (AND SOME FRIENDS) EXPERIENCE.
 webweebil
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2008 12:41:59 PM
I'm an artist. I can tell you that I'm way more visible than almost any guy I've ever known. Blanket generalizations are really annoying. Plus, I don't even know how sound the science is behind that. If that were the case, why is it color-blindedness is limited, genetically, to males?
 ladyc4
Msg: 229
Posted: 11/13/2008 1:26:36 PM

but your message is inarguably one of the most pathetic dribbles

You may be dribbling, I can assure you that I am not.
I meant no disrespect to your military service, just your remark that others would have been killed and not you. And your comparing a combat situation to a man working on a car in his driveway is sort of like comparing a five minute rainstorm to Hurricane Katrina.
I don't eat potato chips or get my hair done. I was probably working hard to make money, part of which was taken out of my pay packet and used to pay soldiers wages, and I was FINE with that.

I pity you for thinking so little of men.

Actually, I think quite highly of most men, but there are cases where I find it necessary to make exceptions. I like simple men but not simpleTONs.
Cindy O
 10of6
Msg: 231
Posted: 11/13/2008 1:58:24 PM
The glaring fallacy in this thread is that there was a whole lot of assuming going on. It's quite unfortunate indeed that thoughts are indictable, and that presuming someone is thinking what you're thinking is all that some people need to cast a judgment of "guilty." Imagine if you were in a jury, determining this man's fate. Would you be so quick to judge with such scant evidence?

If you take a scant perception and make a huge issue of it, that's reflective of your thought process. It's an immature and idealogical one, relying only on rhetoric and condemnation to make a case.
 ladyc4
Msg: 232
Posted: 11/13/2008 2:03:31 PM

When you're being shot at the last thing which enters your mind is 'sex'

I have not ( thus far) ever been shot at, but I certainly would think the ONLY thing going on in one's mind in that event would be self defense, survival, and protection of those dependents or interdependents in the situation with you. I do not question that at all. It was not my intent to trivialize THAT issue, simply to point out that it was a hugely different situation than a guy working on a car in his driveway.

Yes, I think we got off on the wrong foot but I'm fine with backing up and starting over.
I'm sure that most men don't think as much about sex as some women believe. There have been studies done that indicate they think about sex more frequently than women, for whatever that's worth.
I'm sorry to hear that you've found it necessary to renounce your government. That had to be a hard decision to make.
But the original topic was about a (chronologically) mature man looking at a couple of passersby who happened to be cute teenage girls, and his wife trying to start a fight with him over it. Since NOBODY HERE was there to observe HOW he looked at the girls, since NOBODY HERE knows the overall condition of the relationship between the man and his wife, I don't think we can pronounce a judgement. Were it my man, I probably wouldn't get too worked up about it unless he was drooling or his tongue was hanging out. Even then, I might be more alarmed than angry, worried that he might be fixing to have a seizure or a stroke.
My point is, there's no way that we can form a meaningful opinion about men looking at younger women based on this one incident.
Cindy O
 ladyc4
Msg: 233
Posted: 11/13/2008 2:41:32 PM

I mean no one any harm and Cindy, if I hurt or offended you I hope you can accept my apology *hugs*

My hide's tougher than that,and it was never my intent to disrespect your militarty service. No apology is necessary.
Well, you gotta KNOW your picture is somewhat different...I think it's kind of interesting and that you are making a statement, I just haven't quite figured out what that statement might be. Of course I have not as yet looked at your profile...I tend to kind of go on what somebody is saying IN THE FORA,rather than looking at their profile to find reasons to contradict, argue or discount.
But again, what we're supposed to be discussing here is our opinions about men looking at younger women when they are supposed to be working on the car,LOL. And I don't think anyone can speak to the incident outlined in the OT, because we none of us were there. In general, I think healthy men are going to look at least a little bit and there's no sense getting worked up about it. And we women are not immune to letting our eyes follow an attractive man,maybe not so much extremely YOUNG men(except to wonder why his mother won't buy the kid a belt to hold his jeans up )
Cindy O
 massmn
Msg: 235
Posted: 12/13/2008 2:52:31 PM
BETTER LATE THEN NEVER.
BUT I DO AGREE, GENERALIZATIONS SUK, WE ARE ALL INDIVIDUALS AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH...
 10of6
Msg: 236
The Freedom to Look At What/Whomever We Wish Without Interference
Posted: 12/14/2008 8:28:43 AM
The element of this argument/discussion that should disturb us the most is the need to control...conversely, there is also a morbid element concerning man's eagerness to please in the form of relinquishing his freedom.

Again, this is a display of my theory that through time immemoriam a "relationship" has never been about love; it has been, however, all about either relinquishing or hoarding control over the other. Eventually they morph into domination and emotional or physical abuse. The need to control is a root of evil, and it's far too prevalent and persistent in relationships. This alone has illuminated the fundamental truth that the concept of love is even more elusive than the concept of God.
 massmn
Msg: 237
Posted: 12/14/2008 12:15:58 PM
DIFFENETLY AGREE WITH YOU.

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO DELETE FORUM COMMENTS?
 transcend
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2008 10:25:50 PM
I look at anything that moves..its predator vision or before we gained the upper hand against other predators..a protective response to keep from being eaten..
In the past even though Im far sighted and cannot clearly see beyond about 20 feet, I have had women complain to me that I'm staring at someone(without my glasses) i cant even clearly see.. I guess you can put that reaction in whatever column pleases your prejudice..

I have raised two daughters and have hosted their friends staying overnite many times, a few have lived here for extended periods of time due to circumstances..many still call me their second dad (in fact one did tonite, calling for my daughter).. I have admired the way they look ,commenting many times on their attractiveness or giving them hell if they are dressed crossing the line.. Does that make me a pervert to say they look attractive? its actions that matter ..and observing someone observing doesnt offer enough data to jump down anyones throat..but hey ive been married and had arguments over less.... maybe thats where this fits best..
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >