Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 geeleebee
Msg: 35
Advertisement for Black Dating SitePage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Where did I say I wanted a whites only dating site? Thank you for missing my point. My point is that I am offended by the double standard

Where is the double standard?
Unless you've started a White Only dating site and been castigated for it, there is no double standard.
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Advertisement for Black Dating Site
Posted: 5/12/2009 12:42:48 PM
A month after the city won a discrimination lawsuit against a "Men Only" gym, a "Women Only" gym opened up less than 3 blocks from the site of the (now permanently closed) "Men Only" gym.

Justice isn't always fair.
 Twill348
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 7:12:05 PM
"you're assuming that there is a 50/50 split in races in this country, which simply isn't the case. any dating site is primarily white, because this country as a whole is primarily white. turn on the tv and look for black tv shows, and you probably won't find many of them... "

WOW, someone doesn't watch much tv!! :)
 Twill348
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 7:18:33 PM
"A month after the city won a discrimination lawsuit against a "Men Only" gym, a "Women Only" gym opened up less than 3 blocks from the site of the (now permanently closed) "Men Only" gym.

Justice isn't always fair. "

It depends on the law. I know a guy, very slight, worked out on the light machines. But then the club put in a "ladies" room, and put his machine in there. So he went in there to work out. The ladies complained...too bad for them, a letter from a lawyer straightened that right out, not legal in that state! It can work both ways.
 Got Trance
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/12/2009 7:20:50 PM
An all black dating site is not racist.
But white folks can not have a white dating site. That would be racist. Then those two really racist jackasses jesse jackson and al sharpton will start having press conferences and tell everyone the owner of the site is being a racist.
 Twill348
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2009 7:20:52 PM
"The primary reason for a Black dating site (which BTW OP..isn't only for Blacks) is that White people have decided that they won't date Blacks because of their skin color.
Imagine that?"

Nonsense. Were you at the meeting? I did not hear "point of order" from your corner! You need to attend the rallys more often!
 SAguy_06
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/13/2009 7:07:45 AM
I guess you cant really have an all anything dating website, but if you want only white folks to interact with or date, than you could choose like minded people...

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=269100

we all can make choices...
 parklabrea
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Advertisement for cheese
Posted: 5/13/2009 3:33:31 PM
With no sarcasm intended, I'm glad this discussion is taking place, as angry as the voices may get. I just hope there's are times during this when one learns from the other. The whites - many of who don't trace their ancestors back to slave-owners, rail against blacks who are getting a hand-up in jobs and opportunities. The blacks - some of whom have ancestors born as slaves, feel they are owed whatever they can get because of how this country treated them. The blacks have been asking for over a great deal of time, and they're not on a level playing field yet. Yes, there does have to be a time when a black doesn't blame society for all his troubles. A lot of people are minorities. But when a country has enslaved you they owe you a hand-up. After that, let the cream rise, black or white. The only question is, "when has the level of equality in societies attitudes been reached?"

and to the gentlemen who says while people can walk through every black neighborhood without being harassed because of his color, i suggest you put on some white makeup and try it yourself. Even being victimized does not mean you don't victimize others in turn. Racism and hatred live and fester in the heart and only the heart can dispel them, be we black, white, or any color.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 47
Advertisement for cheese
Posted: 9/19/2009 12:29:24 PM
I kind of think both you and the OP are missing the point.

Christian, Jewish and gay dating sites discriminate against secular, straight people. People are allowed to have preferences, and businesses are allowed to cater to them.

They can't ban you from a gay bar. But they can kick you off a gay dating site if you're just hitting on lesbians.
 RUmPsHaKER
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/19/2009 4:02:39 PM
Ninjarlie writes: I saw an advertisement on this dating site for a Blacks Only dating site.

i haven't seen any black dating site that states "Blacks ONLY" i've seen one called black people meet....nor have i seen anything written that BANS White people.....i think the author of this post is twisting the verbage or selecting her own to suit her frustration....i joined that site before and there are many different races there...

let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill...i mean really
 RSwindol
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 5:31:25 PM
It amazes me that the most prominent races are generally the most insecure.

The way this works is that these "black" dating sites, as well as other "special interest" dating sights (I.E. gay/lesbian, BBW, alternative sex, etc.) are here to cater to minor, special interest groups. When white people make up 74% of the population, we can hardly consider ourselves to be a special interest group. We are the norm, and there is no getting away from us.

The black population makes up less than 20% of America. That means for a black person to search for a potential partner of the same race on open, non-special interest sites, they will have to sift through about 5 people of no interest to them whatsoever for every person of their race. I'm sure it gets annoying.

And I bet that if you look a bit deeper, even as a white person, you can join these black dating sites. A "Black" dating site is not a dating site that will only allow black members, but it's simply a dating site that holds more interest for black people on the dating scene.

Let me put it this way. No one said that you couldn't buy a Jet magazine or watch BET. But they are known to cater to black interests, and therefore are usually considered "black" products much like these dating sites to which you are referring.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >