Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bookbelle
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Taking a break from DatingPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Yep, I'm taking a break from all that at the moment.

Just broken up with the boyfriend today, actually. Not exactly heartbroken, there wasn't really much to our relationship to be honest, and we were only together a little over a month. Meh.

There are some things I want to work on for myself, weight loss being one of them. (This isn't a "make the ex jealous" thing - it's an "I'm fed up with being so overweight" thing. ) I want to focus on myself for a bit; I'm not happy with how I am right now, and until I'm happy with that, I can't expect anyone else to be.

Of course, if I meet someone I really click with, then who knows... but I'm not going to actively seek a relationship for a while. I'm OK being single. My profile is hidden (has been since I went out with the boyfriend I just broke up with); I'm just here for the forums at the moment, because they're fun.
 NonamousDog
Msg: 46
Taking a break from Dating
Posted: 4/25/2011 3:06:36 PM
I occasionally take short breaks from NOT dating.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/25/2011 7:08:50 PM
build a cabin in the woods
go back to school
go travel
volunteer across the world
get a puppy

why does dating have to consume every inkling of your life. a break is healthy, required; hell I would schedule them at intervals !
 Hazeleyes428
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/25/2011 10:13:13 PM
I am taking a break from dating because I have encountered too many bad dates or too many dates that are not considerate of my feelings. I thought being single was miserable but then I realized dating is a pain in the butt
 OutMind
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/26/2011 2:40:15 PM
Taking a break from dating? Okay.....

....Done. Was that long enough?

When I am in a relationship. I do not date.
 treck7
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/26/2011 6:42:55 PM
I am and have already hidden my profile, but only to work on improving myself some more. I'll most likely be back sometime next year if I don't try another site first. Good luck everyone.
 wayfarer4you
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2011 9:59:01 PM
I've stepped away from the dating world allot as of late ( tired of the grass is allways greener girls or haters or the I'll date you and every other guy I can ladys) have even wrote to ladys who want F.w.B s from on here (dating death ) Things will look better after a break
 Helen0426
Msg: 52
Posted: 4/30/2011 12:06:42 AM
My own break has been extended... I'm doing well with the personal issues I wanted to work on and would otherwise be nearly ready, I think, but my mom's lung cancer diagnosis and chemo treatments are still too new - and too time-consuming, for me - for me to consider embarking on anything romantic at this time.

It looks like her cancer may be stabilizing into a chronic condition, with ongoing treatment, which will make a big difference, but as the only driver in the family besides her, a lot naturally falls on my shoulders. And that stabilization isn't a sure thing yet.

So my profile remains hidden, and I remain grateful for the distraction of the forums!
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/15/2011 12:06:41 PM
I'm taking another break. .again! I'm really just fed up with it. .especially with the flaky men I've been encountering. As in, numbers are exchanged, they say "Let's meet up." Then I suggest a day to meet, one of them cancels, and then the other one never responds back. Who knows how long this break will be. .maybe sometime next year.
 suburban_gal
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/15/2011 3:06:51 PM
Taking a break from dating can be great and much needed. Focus on other things. Clear your head from the frustrations that can come with dating.
 Violet_Tigress
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/15/2011 8:34:14 PM
Yes. Make room for the frustrations that come from not dating.
 suburban_gal
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/16/2011 6:38:56 PM
Yes. Make room for the frustrations that come from not dating.

I won't be frustrated from not dating when I'm not interested in dating at a particular moment. I will be concentrating on other things that are going on in my life.
 SPARKLE_PLENTY
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/18/2011 4:40:18 PM

I am taking a break from dating because I have encountered too many bad dates or too many dates that are not considerate of my feelings. I thought being single was miserable but then I realized dating is a pain in the butt

agreed
 Casper66
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2011 4:02:18 PM
I've taken breaks from dating in the past and I think I'm due for another very soon. It gives me a chance to travel and visit family/friends, take some classes, relax and have some me time. It's also a good way to forget the bad dating experiences and put myself in a more positive state of mind.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/23/2011 12:06:01 AM
gym
gun range
long camping trip
summer off to motorcycle ride
hell get deployed again

it will be the same as it ever was when you come back. might as well have some fun.
There seems to be an inordinate amount of girls out scuba diving and visiting the Chinese wall, Tibetian Temples, Egyptian Pyramids, hell even Cabo.
Take a break GO some where, get out of the grind, opt out of the game. It wont miss you one wit.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/12/2011 11:58:58 PM
Definitely am takinga break from dating. . for at least 4-6 months, maybe longer. Taking a much needed break from the dating frustrations of this year, have hidden my profile here, as well as another dating website, just here for the forums. Already feel better after having hidden the profiles. .going to work on other areas of my life. It's so true that I won't miss the game at all. . .
 slpboo
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/9/2012 2:16:11 PM
I'm taking a break from dating as well (sex included)...going to focus on my education and career (things that are more important and I have more control over). I'm sick of going on a bunch of first dates with useless people - dating has lost its fun and excitement. It's just tedious and like a love connection interview disappointment
 adora71
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/9/2012 11:11:25 PM
I am taking a break right now. My last relationship ended in early December. How did March get here so quickly? My profile has been hidden for well over a year. I don't know if I am taking a break because I am scared of getting burned again or if I still just need more time to heal. Either way, I know I'm out of the game for a little longer.

I have been going to these meet-up things lately and each event I go to, I hope that nobody asks me for my phone number, which is pretty weird. I have actually avoided the pub visits afterwards for the same reason. The thing is, I miss the activity and socializing part of dating (which is why I am doing the meetup groups) but not the romance.
 MissShelle
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/22/2012 7:48:11 AM
I am also taking a break. I have so many things I want to focus on and a relationship isn't one.

I work full-time and go to school. I need to make sure that's where my attention is.

I think, for me, I thought I wanted a relationship. But then I had to sit back and really think it over. I realized that, right now, I do not. I'm not in a place where I want to go on dates, see if it works, blah blah blah. So to be fair to myself and anyone who may ask me out, I'm walking away from it for a bit.

I don't know how long this break will be. I'm not putting a timeline on it. I just figure, I'll know when I'm ready. And until then, I'm not dating.
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/19/2013 12:06:43 AM
Was just looking over when I wrote that I was taking a break . .can't believe it's been 2 years. .I know I'm not getting any younger, but I still don't feel like it. :D
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/19/2013 12:18:46 AM
Oh, trust me, I won't be coming back here once I get really fit. More interesting? Okayy. . . If I date online at all, it will be on other sites. And the small possibility of a good catch is the same situation for women. I'll probably just stay here for the forums.
 RockyDakota
Msg: 66
Posted: 5/19/2013 10:49:20 AM
Breaks are good for you. At any point when dating becomes a chore, it's time for a break. I am on hiatus right now; Got out of a terrible job, have a new one, getting my stuff together so I can move to Texas, drawing more, trying to start a business on the side, but still hanging out with friends. It can be done and don't get discouraged.
 OutMind
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/19/2013 2:35:53 PM
Okay, break's over. Time to date again.
 slowitalldown
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/19/2013 3:21:22 PM
I just started mine, Outmind- can I have a bit more time?
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/21/2013 5:20:40 AM
I just started one last week. I got married to my job basically. I told them that I can work those shifts no one else wants to work. So getting more hrs at work :). Been on this site for long long time. Didn't relly meet anyone that I can see myself with. If I like the guy he doesn't like me n vice versa. I think I reach the point that I don't even get MSG anymore my box has been empty for a few long weeks. Now with summer here even if I'm not working I can find lots things to do. And maybe will come back in October
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >