Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bucsgirl
Msg: 6
goodbye thudpucker...a new star is shining tonight..Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Ron was one of my earliest friends here. I want to thank Amapola1 for emailing me and di for starting this thread.

I, too believe that the soul is eternal and that love is too, like God the only forevers that exist. So the soul and body now reside in different places and shares a place in our hearts.

So we say to our dear friend, with the bittersweet of tears and smiles not goodbye but til next we meet.
 curlygrl
Msg: 8
goodbye thudpucker..you will be missed !
Posted: 8/11/2008 4:36:35 PM
I am shocked. I always enjoyed his post.

Too the point - no mudslinging. Made you think.

May perpetual light shine on his soul-
May his soul and all the souls of the
faithful departed rest in peace -
Amen.

He will be missed. He was wonderful on the forums.
I would often see his post and think- oh forget it, he made my
point.

Im sorry we did not get to know each other.
The wonders of the forums here- we see so many here and when
one leaves us and takes thier wisdom- it is truly sad.
 blondago56
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2008 4:53:25 PM
hey there Di.... omg...wow... Prayers for His Family.... his personality shone through in his words here......too young...too soon...But then The Angels need to be kept on their toes, too huh?
 bucsgirl
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/11/2008 5:16:43 PM
"i hated you finding out from the computer darling grits sister,.." I appreciate that sweetie, I got your message but don't have your phone no. I got emails from several people, it doesn't matter it's someone who cares about him that told me.

God doesn't make a mistake, he's where he should be. And while we miss him, his great stories, his caring and his hearty laugh, it's a privilege to be able to still share his spirit.
 Xchuck
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 2:39:22 AM
I loved reading Thud's witty and down to earth posts. I will miss him for sure. Thank you Di for posting this
 Leeanne
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 11:01:08 AM
I send out a prayer and condolences to those who are touched by the loss of Ron. A little bit of POF will go with him - we will send up a forum or two for him to play in! May God Bless!
 windowshopping04
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/12/2008 12:43:52 PM
I always admired his posts and his sense of humor. Even though he's gone, he will live on in our memories and in the forums.

Condolences to Ron's family and friends.

Blessings, Love, and Light...
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/12/2008 1:15:33 PM
Still can't quite believe this isn't a terrible joke ~~ how can someone so funny, fun, full of life and so kind not be with us any more? I always told him he was my absolute favorite Ferengi, and he was and is. May the ceilings in heaven be just a bit higher 'cause this man is there.

*Babydoll272*
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 1:51:51 PM
Diane, thank you so much for starting this thread in honor of Ron.

I have waves of sadness and emptiness. I'm still in a state of shock. I can't believe that my phone won't ring anymore and he will not be on the other end of it. We spoke almost every night and emailed each other when he or I had the time.

We were supposed to meet in Pennsylvania next week and both of us were looking forward to finally seeing each other in person.

I know that he is here with me, as well as his family and his secretary Diane, (Amapola1). I know that he will miss his work as he loved that more than life. He lived life to the fullest even though he knew how bad his heart was. Many times I told him to please slow down and he would laugh and say, "The day I slow down is the day I will no longer be in this world."

In his last email to me the night before he passed, the first line said "I'm feeling Great!" He said he had just had dinner with his son a couple of days ago and then saw the movie Mamma Mia but preferred the stage version better. He spoke of how excited he was to finally meet me after three years of phone calls and emails.

It's so unbelievable to me. He LOVED life and all it had to offer and I grew to love him.

I will miss our good laughs, my advices to him. He said that us Canadians were naive but it was me who settled him down when he was upset or didn't see things quite right.
He called me his angel and now he can be mine.

You are right Ladydi when you said to me the other night on the phone, "he is now here with us and is free."

"I will forever miss you and we WILL meet one day Ron."

Your Angel
Dawna
 Miss W
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/12/2008 4:42:44 PM

I didn't know who it was, so I went to his profile. Seems like he was a really cool dude. I'm sorry for the loss of all of you who knew him.

Same here. I just read a few of his comments and am sorry that I didn't know him. Thoughts and prayers for his soul, and to his family and friends for their loss.
 Dceeeee
Msg: 38
!~
Posted: 8/12/2008 4:58:03 PM
I never had the pleasure of emailing with him, and I don't do phones, so I only knew of Ron through his posts and his visits to another site I belong to..but that was enough to let his goodness shine through. It's so nice when people come together at times like this and prove that there is a real loving community behind all of this 'online' stuff.

Thank you, Lady Di, for letting me know....I really appreciate it. Such a shock....

May God be with Ron and his family....

~DC~
 Ron9
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/12/2008 6:21:58 PM
Like some others - I did not really know him ...

... judging by the friends he had here on POF - I should have.

I am sure the memories of him will stay fresh on the minds of his family and friends.

If there is a waiting line (to check in) up there - he will have plenty of good music and funny punch lines to keep him from getting bored until he settles in. Isaac, Bernie and Ron should keep things interesting for a good while.
 Brizo
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2008 8:46:53 PM
While I did not know Ron on a personal level, I've seen his posts for years. Thanks for the email Di...I'll miss his common sense posts....
 *Eiledon*
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/13/2008 1:13:26 AM
I know Ron will still be lurking the forums, having a laugh and wishing he could still post.

His spirit will live on through his friends and the forums.

Rest In Peace My Friend!

*Babydoll272*
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2008 3:32:09 AM
Di, thank you for your support. You are a true friend. I kapish!

Yes I do remember when we met and Ron was going to come to your rescue. That's just the kind of man he was....his profile about being a rescuer of friends (and children and women everywhere)...is so true.

So many times he would get an email from someone in trouble and would want to travel to them and save them. On some of those occasions, I had talked him out of it as sometimes people would take advantage of his generosity. As intelligent as he was, his heart was even bigger. Age has no bearing on that and he needed guidance too as I did for different reasons and he was always there for me.

Starting this wonderful thread in Ron's honor is NOT a small task but shows how big your heart really is Di. We are all happy that you wanted to do this wonderful tribute to such a wonderful soul. He knows how we all feel as I am sure he will be honored that so many who knew him or who knew of him and to those who weren't familiar with him or his posts, wrote in anyway to say so many wonderful things about him.

I hope his son Mike will see this thread...to see how he touched so many people. He was as 'honest' as they come, 'giving' to a fault and even though he was a bit rough around the edges, his heart was pure and innocent. He was a hard worker and loved every minute of it...but never too busy to call me at the end of his day to tell me what he did or who he spoke to or how successful his day was. But most of all, to find out how I was doing . I will miss those calls so much.

Thank you for saying to call if need be....I will do so and thank you for all your prayers to my mother and Josh from your Circle of Life. They worked....my mother is back to being 100%. Josh is once again on his way to recovery. He's only 2 but has the will of an army of men. I pray he recovers fully...keep those prayers comin'!

Indigo Rose...Thank you! He had so many good things to say about you...one of many of those things being... was that you were the female version of him and he was proud of that. You 'GOT' him!!

Thank you to the Moderators for allowing this thread to remain. We are all human and we need heartfelt threads like this.

And Ron, you may not be here in body but definitely here in spirit. "I feel you!"..."never leave me!"
 cotter
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2008 6:41:43 AM
We will miss him ... and his wonderful posts.

He wrote me recently ... had a pretty busy agenda ... he was still running his own business, so he had some traveling to do with that and then he mentioned he was going to meet a lovely lady he'd been wanting to hook up with for some time.

I hope he had a great trip ...
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2008 7:11:45 AM

he mentioned he was going to meet a lovely lady he'd been wanting to hook up with for some time.

I am the lady that he was going to meet. Next week, we were to meet in Pennsylvania. I'm on Vacation and I visit my family who live there almost every year. He was to meet me on the 20 and 21st of Aug. and then fly out to Atlanta. Of course it wasn't meant to be.

That is what is so upsetting to me about all of this. So close, yet ....

I don't know why things happen the way they do. I guess God has a plan and we will understand why one day.
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2008 8:52:21 PM
Edit to "Babydoll": I am so sorry about your loss and not being able to meet Ron in person. But really, you have met him soulwise....and far few people who have actually met Ron have accomplished that, I am sure. I believe that after he passed on, he was there with you and gave you comfort. I know that he would not just "take off" and leave you. He has a solid place in your heart. And yours in his. He is still here, just not in this plane.

I really needed to hear those words Marjie and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have felt his presence but I don't know if it's wishful thinking because I miss him so much or it's real.

Either way, I will never forget the impact he had on my life. He made me laugh right up to the end and beyond. Just go back to his last post he made in the thread called, "What makes a man decide whether a woman is too tall for him?" His response is hilarious! Just like Ron to think outside the...well you know what I mean. When it gets overwhelming, I go back to that thread and read what he wrote and I start to laugh all over again remembering just how crazy silly he was.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/15/2008 3:26:10 PM
With warm, loving thoughts and memories of Ron

To Carry On

For those we’ve loved dearly and known
Who’ve passed to their reward, a last, final home

What we’ve been given - their life a gift
The happiness we've known - the spirit uplift

The smiles they’ve so often brought to our face
A hand to hold, a tear to dry, a firm embrace

To give the best of them, their beauty inside
Leave their souls open, nothing to hide

To celebrate the wonder and joy of life
The good, the bad, the success, the strife

To those who've they've loved left behind
As we remember let us keep this in mind

They've left far too big a pair shoes to fill
We wouldn't even think of trying, never will

But we can carry on with memories sweet
As a tribute to those gone with each person we meet

The love that we shared we'll always possess
To give us strength to give to others our best

Just as those that we cannot physically touch
Who still fill our hearts and souls just as much

The souls are eternal, they continue to live on
It's the bodies so frail that's all that is gone

That's how we've known them, that's what we miss
The touches, the laughs, the warm of a hug and a kiss

As we come to understand and the tears begin to abate
We will smile more than cry as we learn to relate

They're alive within each of our hearts and our minds
They never left us - aren't ever hard to find

What better tribute or rememberance could there be
Than to love with open arms and hearts pure and free
 *Babydoll272*
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2008 6:31:29 PM
That poem is "beautiful" Anita. You have captured our feelings and emotions.

I HAVE smiled and laughed remembering things he said to me....He was quite the man!

Thank you for all those touching and meaningful words made into poetry and sharing them with us in honor of Ron.

Sanschele: Thank you!
 virgogidget
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2008 7:43:38 PM
My thoughts & prayers are with you all & his family.
Babydoll
Aussie hugs to you.
Treasure the special times, They will remain with you always.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2008 8:11:19 PM
I'd like to thank ladydi8 for this thread, and for messaging me about this loss of ours.

This is a time that will come for all of us one day, always sooner than it should, and always a shock when it does. I remember reading his posts too.

There's really little that one can say in such times that doesn't appear trite, on first glance.

We've lost a few people on these threads, some we knew, and some we never had a chance to. They were all part of this family of ours, and we were are lessened by their absence.

Bereavement in their death to feel
Whom We have never seen --
A Vital Kinsmanship import
Our Soul and theirs -- between --

For Stranger -- Strangers do not mourn --
There be Immortal friends
Whom Death see first -- 'tis news of this
That paralyze Ourselves

Who, vital only to Our Thought --
Such Presence bear away
In dying -- 'tis as if Our Souls
Absconded -- suddenly --

- Emily****nson

My condolences and prayers go out to those who knew and loved him, for they shall miss him the most. They are the one's with the greatest burden now, and they are welcome to share it with us all here.

RIP Thud, I'll miss you too.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2008 8:20:01 PM
My condolences and prayers to his family. The forums will just not be the same....
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >