Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 skyscraper_gb
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Hi mate
I would suggest making use of the forums and going to meets, this would let your personality shine through. This is yous and everybody elses biggest asset/weapon in the dating game arsenal. alot of the time, whilst women do have an apparent height restriction on their profile it is more a filtering mechanism for them to meet the types of men they have been attracted to in the past, and therefore what they think they are looking for.
A sparkling lively/ interesting personality as opposed to a woe is me attitude will win you more admirers than you can cope with.
 bootielicious
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 8/13/2008 11:05:53 PM
You can call me shallow if you like but I admit to liking men that are taller than myself. Why? Because it makes me feel more feminine, protected and I love the feeling of being enveloped around someones arms with their chin resting on the top of my head (it's been a fair few years, but I have a good memory).

Possibly it's animal instinct to want to feel safe and secure with the man you love and to want to feel that you aren't more masculine than the man you adore?

I do know there are tonnes of women shorter than me as I always seem to be amongst the tallest of my girly friends, so isn't it a matter of, 'there is someone out there for everyone?'.
 pantsonfire
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 8/14/2008 12:16:45 AM
I'm 6 foot tall, my long term partner is 5' 9"... Do I care? No.. Do we look hysterical when out and I'm in my high heels? Of course ... Does it bother me that I have to bend down to kiss him? Not any more...

Women (me included) like to feel safe and protected when held in someones arms.. I used to think that had to mean that the guy was the taller but if it's the right partner then height doesn't matter...

Oh and just to fly in the face of general opinion.. I love muscular men... All that meat mmm mmmmmm
 restless_native
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 8/14/2008 2:33:06 AM
I'd have though that a man with insecurities was far more off putting to woman than a bloke being a short @rse.
 aquaplane
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 8/14/2008 4:02:28 PM
I'm short wheelbase and have never seen it as a problem. My feet reach all the way to the floor, and my legs are long enough to keep my knuckles off the ground.

I'm more of a Tom Cruise than a Danny Devito, but with exceptional taste.
 louell
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 9/1/2008 12:57:15 AM
im 5' 6'' and some women of my height are fine with it.....but some will say ..sorry
your to short.....must be to do with them wanting to walk on the beach
in there ads why do they always want to walk on the beach
 kanyonatic
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 1/2/2009 3:45:17 PM
i dont think so but then i get shorter guys lying about their height i couldn't care less if they are 4' or 7' but when a guy is 5' and says hes 6' i instantly dislike him when we meet not because of his height but his lies because if they lie about that what else they gonna lie about its a shame as sometimes i really like them but they have started the relationship on a lie . to me height doesn't come into it honesty does.
 Strider886
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 8/23/2011 4:53:42 AM
Average UK male height is 5ft7, most women want someone over 6ft. You do the math.
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 8/23/2011 6:20:09 AM
The simple answer is for all the short guys to move to China or Phillippines where they will be considered Giants!

Interestingly here in the UK the national average for a woman is 5 ft 3 1/2 in which really does seem very short. Thank god for heels!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

Just a thought though for all the freakishly tall women does that mean percentage wise a lot more or here on POF than short women because they can't get what they prefer?
 Strider886
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 8/23/2011 7:27:07 AM
women might not want to date a caveman, but i have found that they like to be with a man who makes them feel safe, a guy that they feel would be prepared/able to put himself between her and anything bad that might happen. so obviously being knee high to a grasshopper is clearly not going to do you many favours in this regard.

Whilst I can see the logic here, it is in my opinion very flawed science.

I believe that social influence has far more to do with it than ANYTHING else....

I mean think about it, if a group of women have predominantly tall boyfriends, the single ladies in that group will also be seeking tall men. It's a fact, you can't deny it and you can't call it a pure coincidence. Comfort and security comes from familiarity..... And the drive to "fit in" and to be the same as one's piers, is a force far greater than anything in today's society.

When a woman doesn't want a man who is shorter than her (with heels on), it's not fundamentally a personal choice, it's the irrational worry of what her friends will say or think and the fear of isolation as a result.
They've also had it drummed into them from a VERY early age, a good man must be "tall dark and handsome".

It's not just women who are like this, but most men are just far less socially influenced.

The choices we make as human beings are often choices made because of our background and upbringing. I believe very few people actually make choices for themselves.
 Marquis_de_Michaelmas
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 8/23/2011 8:04:16 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-477179/why-do-tall-women-love-little-men.html

By KATE MULVEY

Model Sophie Dahl was lately snapped with her much shorter boyfriend, jazz singer Jamie Cullum. Eight inches taller than her diminutive lover, Miss Dahl looked positively Amazonian.

Should we feel sorry for the Big Friendly Girlfriend (BFG) - a woman who will never know what it feels like to walk down the street nestling in the crook of her boyfriend's arm? Or who always has to bend her knees if her man goes for an impromptu kiss?

Not a bit, and I should know. I am a 5ft 10inch tall woman and I have spent the past two decades stepping out with the vertically-challenged male. And I love it.

It may seem strange. There is no shortage of surveys telling us how the tall, athletic male makes a better lover, earns more and rises up the social ladder faster.

But shorter men do have advantages. They tend to be funnier, as, since their teenage years, they will have been trying to distract girls from their height.

I remember one shorter boyfriend, whose dog was almost taller than him - but he could always laugh me into bed and joke me out of a sulk.

Tall men are also more likely to be cads - they know it doesn't matter if they treat women badly because there will always be another queueing up behind.

The few times I have gone out with a man my height or taller, he was charming at the beginning - tall men are more superficially confident. But I soon realised he was in love with only one person - and that was himself.

The vertically-challenged male represents a more complex idea of what it means to be a man. Having remained single longer, he is likely to be more mature.

As short men have had to work harder to get where they are - surveys show that society tends to favour taller men - they are likely to be better providers, too.

When we were hunter-gatherers, a man's physical attributes mattered. The taller the man, the more likely he was to bring home the bacon. But, today, prowess is measured by financial kudos.

And when it comes to making money, the short man is more ambitious. Many successful men are short: Rod Stewart, Salman Rushdie, Bernie Ecclestone.

And short men love tall women. The (SMTW) syndrome - short male taller woman - has long been in vogue: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes; or Mick Jagger, who dated Sophie Dahl, married the leggy Jerry Hall, and is now with the towering L'Wren Scott.

For short men, tall women have the very thing they have coveted all their life: height.

On the other hand, tall men can be clumsy. They have to crouch to get through doorways and they never fit on your sofa. The shorter male has compact sex appeal: Robert De Niro, James Dean.

Yet, for the less famous, there is a more basic reason why being with a short man is so satisfying: they're simply more grateful.

Strider886
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 8/23/2011 10:38:10 AM
Tom Cruise. Sure, he has a purdy face and a lovely smile, but I think most women must fall for his charisma.

Ummm..... Noooooo I think you'll find it's because of the movie Topgun..... lol
 TrojanLife4U
Msg: 112
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 8/23/2011 1:30:20 PM
I don't think so at all. Most of the hot chicks I see around are with shorts guys, albeit they're usually into hip hop, r&b and rap, dress well and drive new cars. See, it is a confidence thing.
 ObjectStupidity
Msg: 121
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 8/25/2011 5:05:05 AM
We have some little guys working at my place...usually the loudest....

However to me their height is a bit of a drawback as they have job an half commanding some presence...

oh well its off to work we go....de dum
 Strider886
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 8/25/2011 6:39:36 AM
I am 5ft7 and would never date someone shorter than me.. as I feel men should be taller than women..

there are short women out there...

but no us taller women get picked on for being fussy because we want someone taller than us... well a majority of us feel this way.. to me its normal for the man to be bigger.

Men "should" be taller? Who says?
Throughout the animal kingdom, in most species the female is the largest.

The national average height for men is 5ft7, therefore by definition 5ft7 is NORMAL.

The problem however is an indoctrinated society, influenced by the TV, media and to a greater extent face to face social interaction.
Our perception of "normal" has become warped by what we see on TV, film stars standing on boxes to look taller in movies and lets not forget all the fakery and cosmetic surgery.

"Shouldn't" this and "should" that, it's all a load of boIIocks..... 50 years ago it was different and 50 years before that it was different again. It's almost as bad as fashion for the way our perceptions change to fit what appears to be socially acceptable at any point in time.

Conclusion? our partners are nothing more than fashion accessories.... Which really kind of explains a lot!

Can people not see that their minds have been poisoned by all this rubbish?
Just think how much happier we'd all be if we lived our own lives, instead of trying to live the lives of fictional characters!

And yet again I find opportunity to use one of my favourite quotes :)

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation"

kanyonatic
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 6/8/2012 1:08:53 PM
absolutely not being 5'2" its nice not to have to stare up into the sky to speak to someone
 kanyonatic
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 6/8/2012 1:11:32 PM
mmm you have been talking to the bad ones lol I would rather date a guy who was between 5' and 5'6" because of my own height doesn't matter how tall someone is I would never treat them like dirt because of their height never . that's just stupid and ignorant.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 6/9/2012 2:24:55 AM
^^^ a big sized willy on a tall man looks even better whoo hoooo !! :O)
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 6/9/2012 4:32:34 AM
@msg143

"lol so mrs ecclestone,what first attracted you to the 5'2" billionaire bernie?"

tut his personality of course !! :O)
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Are Short Guys..
Posted: 6/9/2012 6:53:05 PM
@148 "Outrageous suggestion that women are swayed by wealth "

ahem !, twas not i that suggested such a vile notion sire !! :O)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >