Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Do you still have faith in love?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 clasact
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Do you still have faith in love?Page 12 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Yes, I do still have faith in love......

However, I wonder if it will ever cross my path again.............
Msg: 19
Do you still have faith in love?
Posted: 8/31/2008 9:52:48 PM

Yes, I love all pretty, sexy girls with great personality without reservations.

{[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/31/2008 10:33:07 PM
VakyxClone talks like Buddah

my hearth got shaken what he wrote. Let me go get a huge towel to swipe off me tears. . . .

Are you studying buddism man?

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 NancyC123
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:04:21 AM
In order to have faith in love you must trust - well, after ALMOST being taken in by a scammer on this site, I have a hard time learning to trust again. Hell, I look at all these men's photos and wonder, "Is he real, or he is just another scammer?" If I can't get passed a PHOTO, how do I expect to believe anything that's written in his profile?!

For now, I can answer this question as "I USED to have faith in love and I hope to again someday soon," but right now, nope. I don't have faith in love OR trust! Personally, I'm begging this scar to go away and go away FAST! I never used to be this way. But, then again, maybe I trusted TOO quickly and this is the lesson I must learn. So, who knows. Maybe I WILL have faith in love again...I just hope it doesn't take forever to get there. I'm certainly not getting any younger!
 CherylCake
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/1/2008 7:18:27 AM
Faith in love...I have faith Jesus loves me. The Bible tells me so. Everyone else pays cash on the barrelhead. Either peeps love you, or they don't. What's to believe?
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/7/2008 9:54:12 PM
Do I still have faith in love - absolutely!!

Don't know when it will happen but I am sure it will and with the right person.

Until then I enjoy my family and friends and the love they give me.

Love comes in many forms, not just the romantic type and those relationships are just as important to me.

Calif1971dream
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/8/2008 10:57:33 PM
Not anymore. I like what vrb1955 said about having faith in like. If you believe in like and love comes along, its great. But if you keep looking for love and it doesn't pan out, you can be devistated. It may sound pessimestic, but I believe it is a reality check. It seems all the men I've ever put my faith in were only using me for one thing, their benefit.
 acrzyduck2
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/8/2008 11:30:22 PM
Just as there are some men who only think about them self there are woman out there that think in the same way it all about ME I have one thing to say to all those people that think that way I feel sorry for you(LOSERS) I have hope I have a dream and one day hope to meet that one that one that make you smile for no reason the one that stand beside you as your equal like I said that one and only one, if you are thinking about giving up then first you have to learn to love yourself before any one else could love you there for dream and dream big because he or she might be right around the coner from you thinking in those blue moments as you do now, Never give up , Never stop believing in dreams
 77dakota
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2008 8:55:12 PM
NO! The word "love" is way over used!
 derkmanx1
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Faith in love?
Posted: 9/16/2008 9:20:59 PM
I have the same outlook as you do but the opposite sex. I do not have much faith in women theses days, it seems dishonesty is a game for most of them and games are played too often. I do not believe in love, I think it has to be earned with time and patience on both sides. Life is full of surprises but have not seen any.
 SweetAndReal74
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2008 4:30:35 PM
I am beginning not to believe in true love also. I have been burnt to many times.
 Daywalker101
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2008 4:30:58 PM
Love doesnt conquer everything and to expect it to at best sentences you to a life of codependency. But, when you have conquered what life has to throw at you then love comes along. Date, but dont settle, for sometimes it takes a decade or more to find that real, perfect, someone who was made for you. The reason you meet so many unhappy couples is most everyone settles.
 goergieporgie
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/3/2008 4:52:55 PM
awe, poor baby.
 Gentcan
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/3/2008 5:46:20 PM
there is always hope... you need to discern evil and ignore the ignorance...Cheers!
 Gentcan
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/3/2008 5:51:01 PM
p.s. i wonder when you will understand it is about humantity, and good or not....
this is not a really a competition among men and women?
 tmbmx
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/16/2008 9:11:56 PM
"We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep on watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it."

-John Lennon
 greycee
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2008 5:52:33 PM
I feel the same way sometimes. I have met men since I have been dating again and I just don't feel the same way I did years ago with them. I don't really trust any of them anymore. I do really try to but My heart just keps telling me not to let them in. It seems i always find out sooner or later that it was actually right. I have net some many people who just wanna lie to you and hurt you these days. Sometimes it feels like it one big headgame for them. and I feel like I am too old to play these games anymore and i just don't have it in me to let them hurt me.
But the=n I try to keep the faith and still believe that their os one good honest true person out there for me. and there is for you too we just have to keep telling opurselves that and keep going. I mean i don't let my guard down very often for anyone and i just hope when that certain someone comes along that i will open it up enough for it to work. but it really is hard and I know exactally how you feel sometimes. i hope things get better and that you do find the right one for you and that you let him in your heart when you find him. I wish you the best of luck
 mitchchan
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/7/2008 8:24:17 AM
Yes, I still like to believe in love even though I've already experienced the loss of love twice in my lifetime. This experience has taught me alot about myself, the things that I do want or don't want in a relationship. Hopefully, I could make some wise decision the next time I land one.

At the moment, I rather focus on making myself happy and concentrate on improving things in my life, just being happy as a single person and do things that I've always wanted to do and make friends along the way.

I hope you will find the happiness you've been seeking all your life.

I understand now that you need to make yourself happy first before you can even love someone. A relationship will not make you complete as a whole.
 dragonrider1776
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/21/2009 10:11:34 AM
PrettyPS.........

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I've been hurt as well......wife left me after 22 years of marrage for a younger man. I could have put love on the shelf, but I didn't. True love is a gift. It doesn't happen every day, but when it comes along its well worth the wait.

I think to give up on love is to give up on life. Of course to love another, you must love yourself first.

Yes to love is to make yourself very open to a broken heart, but that's a chance we all take in life. No one said it was going to be easy..........

Some one said: its better to have loved and lost then to never to have loved at all............."

Dragonrider
 Latina1056
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2009 11:16:51 AM

Not really. I am learning the older I get it is not easy to love someone, you have to be a walking talking Magic Eraser. Strong enough to wipe out any past hurts from their heart, willing to take all the BS from their past events and apologize profusely for the rest of your life for what someone else did to them.

Amen
 once around the moon
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/7/2009 9:09:32 AM
No.

Absolutely not. :/
 dsXero
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/21/2009 8:19:37 PM
I do believe that love does exist in this world to a few individuals but in my case no such thing exist in hope for me to obtain such thing just because i have this feeling that i will not be able to find it.
 Opequon
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 6/25/2009 9:39:43 PM
I still have faith in love...sometimes. I lose faith from time to time because of the men I attract. They have no concept of the word or what it means. They only seem to think that it is something you should say and not something you're supposed to feel and mean. I keep hoping for the day that it finds me.
 redhotgapeach
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/21/2009 8:58:58 PM
no I do not have faith,your right love does not conquer anything,
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Do you still have faith in love?