Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 spot4username
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Wondering Why People box themselves in with Specifics Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

But if one had a 14" penis. Would he want mail from woman that can not accomodate it?

"Everyone has a 'risk muscle.' You keep it in shape by trying new things. If you don't, it atrophies. Make a point of using it at least once a day." Roger von Oech
 hemingway234
Msg: 51
Wondering Why People box themselves in with Specifics
Posted: 6/11/2017 3:49:44 PM
It's funny how people seem to loose their grocery lists when they actually find someone they are attracted too.
 gtomustang
Msg: 52
Posted: 6/13/2017 5:07:41 AM
and sometimes, the breakup that results is why...they post a grocery list :)

i'm sure there are people we aren't attracted to that we don't bother to look at their profiles, and find that they have a grocery list...and we aren't the least bit offended by that. seems like we're only offended when the grocery list gets us off the list. and that merely means...we weren't a match. we wish we were, but we just aren't what they are looking for. and so we just should move on. and I say that as someone fishing in a small pond with few to move on to. I get the frustration, but if someone with a hot body is looking for a rich guy with a hot bod...hey, she can get that, she has that right to ask for what she wants. she doesn't have to cater to me.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/13/2017 5:31:57 AM
This
"i'm sure there are people we aren't attracted to that we don't bother to look at their profiles, and find that they have a grocery list...and we aren't the least bit offended by that. seems like we're only offended when the grocery list gets us off the list."
AS with the Interests field - I have no desire to camp or fish on weekends nor would I pretend I want to just to get dates with someone I fancy. Can imagine weekend 4, chewing my way outta the tent and getting lost in the forest trying to find my way home.
Don't care if he goes alone. With a few exceptions my idea of the outdoors is the space from my car to the store or restaurant.
Husband and I camped once. First and last time as an adult camping - and I wasn't very adult
 spot4username
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2017 6:03:56 AM
^^^ On okstupid one of the questions deals with a scenario. I can't recall the specific question but a couple of the multiple choices are kissing in Paris and camping under the stars. I put in my explanation that if I am in a tent in the woods I am being held hostage and you should send for help.
Around these parts almost every single man's profile mentions camping, fishing, mudding, hunting - you get the idea - There are lots of women who are interested in those activities, I'm just not one of them.
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2017 6:06:46 AM
hahahhaa oh lawdy now you have gone and done it
northern Michigan
every man got a pic of himself
holding a dead deer, or a fish on a pole
and they all say I like to hunt, fish, go camping, 4 wheeling
just looking for a good woman
who likes to do the same things I like

hahhaaa...I am not the female equivalent of a man ...man

I am woman and I ...uh ain't a sleepin in no tent buster
been there and done that too many years with the kids
 Ouija2025
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/13/2017 6:59:07 AM
Spot - lol. And yea I agree with Cowgirl - I just not interested.. I hunt my food at the grocery store.
Funny I wonder if they just say that - then when you start asking Qs last time they fished was 1995.
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2017 7:42:38 AM
hahahaa...like the ones posing on their bike
you ask them if they ride

" uh I used to but I don't own the bike anymore"
 Maleman999
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/13/2017 7:46:26 AM

and they all say I like to hunt, fish, go camping, 4 wheeling

Maybe I should add to my profile that I like to go 4 wheeling. When I drive my car, I like having all 4 wheels on the road.
 Nestaron
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/14/2017 12:53:52 AM
Well if you put them in a ball they could just bounce away.
 activemelaney
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 6/21/2017 2:12:18 PM
Turnoffs for me in a profile

Dead fish
Hunting
Truck
Sports Car
Motorcycle
Drinking

Positives
Riding a bicycle
Hiking a trail
Photo laughing or big smile doing some activity

I never boxed my self in. There were athletic outdoorsy males who contacted me ( like my boyfriend). In general I find these males more educated and interesting. There is nothing wrong with a truck or sports car but I'm not interested in a male who sees it as his identity.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >