Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Are men getting more addicted to online dating and cyber sex instead      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dwinottawa
Msg: 1
Are men getting more addicted to online dating and cyber sex instead of actually dating?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I met I guy I really liked. We met for coffee, then made plans to meet again. He canceled. We kept talking, made another date, then he canceled again. Always a reasonable excuse. We meet again, over coffee again, and the attraction is defnitely there. Then he starts talking about web cams; he has one, and I should get one so we could see each other on line. Then he mentions sex over the cam. What's up with that? Can't a guy meet and date, and maybe a find a real relationship with a real woman, instead of wanting sex online. Are guys getting addicted to this stuff, and wasting a lot of our time? Should they not at least acknowledge on their profile they're looking for an activity partner, not dating or long term? By the way, I refuse to get a web cam, so in future, don't even ask.
 dwinottawa
Msg: 2
Are men getting more addicted to online dating and cyber sex instead of actually dating?
Posted: 8/16/2008 7:37:49 AM
Hey Magician,

Thanks for the guy being mentally deficient comment. That kind of behavior is a problem for me, so yes, I have moved on.

D.
 dwinottawa
Msg: 3
Are men getting more addicted to online dating and cyber sex instead of actually dating?
Posted: 8/16/2008 7:44:54 AM
Yes mmorgqrtsfps, I imagine it is the same with women as with men. They don't have to worry about anything but themselves and their gratification. Here's to real life, not cyber life.

D.
 Greanize
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/16/2008 7:59:53 AM
I get so fed up with that 'Do you have a web cam?' Sh!t!
I do have a web cam and I do use it.....to talk to my son who lives in Alberta, and other family members who are not local. But what frosts my p!ss is when some guy you talk to asks if you have a webcam and would you turn it on and show him something....even when he does NOT have a cam!
I have even turned on my cam for possible dating interests so they can see I am who I am in my photos, but when they start to ask to pan lower, I show them how I can curse like a sailor!

So yes...in my experience, I do see more men who want cyber sex instead of actually dating!
 dwinottawa
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/16/2008 9:05:37 AM
I understand about being shy, I'm shy myself. That's part of the fun, learning about each other, becoming comfortable with each other. It's scary and exciting at the same time. It doesn't take me much to blush, online or in person. But I will tell you this guy was not shy, not in the least. Personally I think, in this case, it was a fear about really getting to know someone. Superficial is just easier, and you can fool around more. No strings, no comittment. And lots of women out there who are willing to oblige.

D.
 someonetookmyname
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/18/2008 11:15:03 AM
I cant speak for the rest of the men on or off this site but this is something I dont involve myself with . I have never asked a female to Cam me nor would I ... cant say the label feels that great , just cause one or two do it dont mean we all do or want to for that matter .
 dwinottawa
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/18/2008 2:03:03 PM
Well I must say I'm impressed with a lot of the feedback from all you guys, and gals. It's good to see the majority still believe in the real thing. Another question though, why the heck don't you guys live closer to me??? LOL

I'm not jaded, yet anyway. Just wondering what the view was on this, because I've certainly met my fair share of these guys, and I've only on POF been a few weeks. I just ran across another one today. But I've also met a couple of guys who, though no serious connection, remain friends.

So thanks for answering my question. That's what I put it out there for. You've all been great so far.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2008 4:59:56 PM
Oh chit MI!
You just blew my night's worth of fun....*stomps feet* and meanders over to someone else's profile! lmao....
 dwinottawa
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/19/2008 7:34:22 PM
Well I can assure you MI that I won't call you, even if you gave me your number

I'm told I sound like Demi Moore, so it's your loss anyway. When I whisper in somebody's ear, they enjoy it. You guys who don't want the real thing will never know. Keep cybering.
 Greanize
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/20/2008 6:56:36 AM
I always thought Demi Moore needed to clear her throat!

See? It's women's fault - you're all in denial - lol.

That's a river in Egypt and I was there once. Filthy as all heck!

Cyber? No thanks...I will take the real thing please!
 Firmbear8
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/10/2008 10:31:37 PM
Well I am like the coke comerical says !
THE REAL THING BABY !
LOL
Yep I don't get off on cyber at all.
I find cyber boring as reading a book .
But then in todays computer world seems even women are getting off more with cyber too then actually getting the Real thiing !
And as for online dating it is cheaper then going to bars to meet women . As I can drink what ever I want for less and I don't need to drive any where so I can get as drunk as I want . Or I can dress as I want with online dating !!LOL
But I have noticed just as many women not really into the real dating & meeting as there are guys .
 Amma63
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/11/2008 12:45:23 AM
to reply to the original thread title and OP.............

In a word "YES"

'nough said
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2008 1:40:40 PM
I used to love the whole web cam thing but I have learned its just a way to tease me! Im tired of it and I just want the real thing now
 ANGEL~EYES
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2008 2:19:26 PM
DJ_Lil_Jay.......that's not what you said to me last night when we cammed....j/k love

i remember being so naive about the web cam thing.....falling for the different reasons why some men wanted to do that......but ultimately they all wanted the same thing. of course i'm not saying everyone's like that so please don't jump down my throat

to answer the question asked........i would say yes because it's easier, safer, less expensive, easier on the ego, easy to hide the flaws and a whole bunch of others reasons too i'm sure.

good luck to them on finding a partner.....perhaps they don't even want one.

PS.....My I.....i'll be calling you soon so watch out...lol
 Puddyzipchanger
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/19/2008 2:02:23 AM
I concur with leanne it is merely an extension of one's personality... If two or more people are consenting adults and feel comfortable about cyber why the hell not. This of course after an extended courtship. I find this city is quite conservative but everything is good in moderation. I understand however on a first hi how do you do greeting it's not cool asking to see your loins and marvelous rack.. Just some food for thoughtfor all my fishy members....

Cheers
 northwoods57
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/29/2008 5:33:59 PM
probably..because its safe! people are so afraid of getting hurt emotionally today. Cyber sex..yech!! I rather have the woman cum with me, feel the woman, touch, talk. I rather get a hard on and share it with you.
The internet Its a safe way of meeting people. Lets met over coffee, but perhaps HE is afraid of himself.
its like touching someone with gloves (on the internet)..you dont get the feeling. I wonder how messy his screen is!
If it were me, and we felt comfortable with each other, we would be walking different the next day. A spring in our step.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Are men getting more addicted to online dating and cyber sex instead of actually dating?