Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deetristate
Msg: 108
Heading SouthPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
If your examples did not occur during wars and conflagrations (the taking down of monuments that we are discussing is not) , they would be valid comparisons.
Nevertheless

I found it horrible that ISIS destroyed monuments and the like.

To the victor go the spoils. And choice of what to destroy.

As far as the Lee, etc monuments, they could put them in a museum or something that people choose to go and see.
I understand why they want them down but it just seems like a waste of resources when the millions of dollars can be spent instead on things that matter like, as I already said, books and teachers and ceilings that don't leak in schools.

But again, where do you draw the line of who to "take down?" Generals? Owners of slaves? That would include Jefferson and most of them?

-------------------------------------
Are you really pretending not to know what happened in Auschwitz and the like (or pretending that it didn't happen) so that you can stay offended?
That is the end of that conversation for me

-------------------------------------

"""I'm still waiting to find out you you think I am...""""

What does that mean?
If it means what I think that it does, I don't care, really.
Are you confessing to be someone else?
Again, I don't care.
 2ufo2
Msg: 109
Heading South
Posted: 5/30/2017 6:50:15 PM
from your post 35 on this thread:

2ufo. You forgot who you were posting as. Revisit.

See, you called me a rightest. The 2ufo personality knows better.
Keep better track of your personalities.

Continue childless to hate yourselves and deny reality.

That's fine.

The rest of us will straighten things out.

We are recycling while you trash the place.
Our efforts will keep this country going.

You are welcome.

So I can go congratulate that person on being associated with me, of course.
Any other reason?

What does that mean?
If it means what I think that it does, I don't care, really.
Are you confessing to be someone else?
Again, I don't care.

I'm not confessing to being anyone else but it's easy to see when you make a faux pas... you decide it isn't worth your time to continue the debate or you go jump on a plane.

It is also easy to see that common sense and the English language elude your grasp.
My question was pretty evident and easy to answer. And, I'll ask it again.
Who did you think I was?

Rightist, rightist, rightist. My new word-of-the-day.
 cotter
Msg: 110
view profile
History
The rise of putrefacted ring wing garbage
Posted: 5/31/2017 10:38:55 AM
Message 63 ...

johnny ...
Please don't play the dumb act,
The Rev
There is your chance to show how much you understand and comprehend business

Rev ... I thought you knew that he claims to run his own business.

He's a multi-millionaire living in someone's basement somewhere. They let him out to go pick up dog shit and mow lawns.

Message 79 ...
I think this poster is a troll ... just in here to post GOP nonsense.
Proof>>>
debbie ...
Does anyone understand gto's writing?
Please translate for me.

I don't know a poster that DOESN'T understand "gto" posts. He's smart and articulates well. What's your problem?

(Is he gay? He did say snap. )

Who cares? Are you homophobic too?

OMG ... does that "snap" thingy indicate someone is gay?

I just looked it up and and it says "snap" is a substitute for YIKES!

OMG ... Yikes means someone is gay!
(Does that sound right? No? Good, because I was just joking around! See what it looks like when someone is being ridiculous?)

He brings up topics that no one else is talking about and he goes on and on.

His posts are always on topic to the thread and subject he is addressing.

He does not live in the world or have real experiences. He just looks up articles and studies and reaches incorrect conclusions.

You say that as if you know him! OMG has he been holding out on us? I didn't know he was dating!

I am more educated than he is so it is obvious to me that those websites that he relies on are bunk.

Now there is no way a person could post that unless they actually know "gto" intimately! Hmmmm ... "gto" ... well aren't you the sly one!

He is obviously trying very hard to appear smarter than he is.

How?

John, you seem sane.

Bwahahahahaha .......

Message 80 ...
Viking ...
It's a total myth that Baby Boomers are retiring or dying; the selfish old people continue to work.

Not being a burden on society is now considered selfish? Interesting.

One reason is the terrible idea of employers providing healthcare. The main reason old people work is to get health care.

My employer does not provide healthcare ... so I guess that myth just got busted. That's not the reason I work.

I work to put a roof over my head, a car in my garage, food on my table ... to keep the electricity on, the gas on, the water running. In the meantime, I am also assisting my daughter with her college education. She gets scholarships and grants because she is very smart and a really good student but that does not always pay for lab fees and books. I am also providing her with a safe and dependable vehicle to drive. I don't consider that "selfish".

The ideal health care would be free *basic* health care for anyone who doesn't have a job, paid by sin taxes on cigarettes and taxes on employer-paid health benefits.

IMO the ideal healthcare would be something that everyone pays into according to their ability to pay and no one would lose their home or ability to feed themself related to having to pay outrageous medical bills.

Such systems do exist in the world as proof positive that we could offer our citizens the same ... if we really wanted to. The politicians really don't care as they have their own healthcare for life ... so who cares about the constituents ... eh? If you took away their healthcare until they passed a viable system for their constituents ... America would have viable healthcare for all within a few months.

BTW ... in the countries that offer that type of healthcare ... the politicians all use the same healthcare system as the peasants.
 TheRevenant2017
Msg: 111
Posted: 5/31/2017 11:13:59 AM

@
As far as the Lee, etc monuments, they could put them in a museum or something that people choose to go and see.
A suggestion that is out of place from someone who claimed
As far as the statutes, who cares?
I noticed that you activated your malice and changed from "statues" to "monuments". Your next post is going to claim you don't care about the statues but do care about the monuments. There is one thing very predictable about putrid garbage like you and that is, your stink.

the millions of dollars can be spent instead on things that matter like, as I already said, books and teachers and ceilings that don't leak in schools.
I'd say you forgot to include health care for all Americans in that list but, you've repeatedly shown that is not a concern for you. Why would anyone care about the lives and well being of people when there are monuments honoring those who fought for slavery to be preserved.

Are you really pretending not to know what happened in Auschwitz and the like (or pretending that it didn't happen) so that you can stay offended?
No one is pretending that. What is clear is that you open your big mouth in spite of the fact that you don't know what happened in Nazi concentration camps. As you putrefacted piece of garbage often say, google is your friend, find out why the Nazis gassed the Jews instead of "baking" them.

Again, I don't care.
Of course you don't. You're just a frustrated failure. Your mediocrity is evident, as is your ignorance. You try to compensate for your being a failure with hatred, lies and malice.

If slavery hadn't been abolished whoever had the misfortune of owning a piece of garbage like you would pay good money to get rid of you.

@
Rev ... I thought you knew that he claims to run his own business.

He's a multi-millionaire living in someone's basement somewhere. They let him out to go pick up dog shit and mow lawns.
That sounds about right. The mediocrity of the kokroach-in-chief supporters is flagrant.

They can never support any of their claims with a sound, logical argument. Just hate and lies, that's the only thing they are capable of producing. What a sad bunch of mediocre, hateful human beings.

deetristate
Msg: 112
Heading South
Posted: 5/31/2017 11:29:18 AM
I'll interpret "rightest" as "not a leftist."
Thanks for the compliment.

Otherwise,

I

Don't

Care.

Anyway,

Alabama banned,ha, removing them.

Lt. Gov in VA wants to remove every one in the state.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Heading South
Posted: 5/31/2017 8:05:36 PM
I think they ought to take all of the old statues and put them in a museum. Make it a kind of a "History of the South" thing. Make it factual and informative. Charge folks to see them and use the profits for something positive.... Like a college fund or whatever would benefit folks who are disadvantaged.

Hey, these people existed and were in fact shapers of our present. Why not use what is already there to benefit we who are here now? Don't deny the past but learn from it and maybe use it to help people now.
 congupnaroad
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2017 9:49:50 PM
MSG 111

Oops! No use addressing that pile of garbage post, it looks like ms irrelevant has left the building. I hope she shut the door behind her.
 2ufo2
Msg: 115
Heading South
Posted: 6/11/2017 2:53:15 PM

I'll interpret "rightest" as "not a leftist."

It was 'rightist', not' rightest'.

Thanks for the compliment.

It wasn't, but if you understood the written word, you'd figure that out.

Otherwise,

I

Don't

Care.

Oh, but I care.

You've piqued my interest and I'm simply fascinated; wondering who you thought I was (besides myself).
 LOLTrump
Msg: 116
Heading South
Posted: 6/13/2017 7:26:03 AM
Whoever did this, send me a note so I can buy you a drink.

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/AnderN/2017/AnderN20170613_low.jpg

Trolls Tricked Conservatives Into Holding A Massive Rally To Defend A Texas Monument
Several hundred people rallied in Houston, ready to battle and defend the Sam Houston monument. Turns out, they got hoaxed.
Posted on June 12, 2017, at 5:08 p.m.

After weeks of planning, several hundred people from across Texas and from other Southern states converged in Houston on Saturday, prepped for battle and with a serious mission: Protect the Sam Houston Monument at all costs...

..Turns out that Sam Houston, a beloved state hero who served as the first president of the Republic of Texas after it seceded from Mexico, was never in trouble. There hasn’t been any organized effort to remove the giant statue, which has stood erect in the park since 1925. Hearing of the drama, Houston’s mayor emphatically stated that the monument was not being considered for removal.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasacks/trolls-tricked-hundreds-of-conservatives-to-hold-a-rally-to?utm_term=.gg9EkxEY1M#.tj2QWZQBMp
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 117
Heading South
Posted: 6/13/2017 7:41:50 AM
I saw the title and thought this was going to be about oral sex
 meowzing
Msg: 118
Heading South
Posted: 6/13/2017 8:38:05 AM
OP- To get back on topic to the question you originally asked in these forums...

I have lived in the south the majority of my adult life in places like FL, NC, and TX. I travel a lot, and love doing so. From my experiences Florida is a tough place to endure both the heat, and the job market. Those of us that are getting older will have a tough time finding a good job. I love Texas, and the economy there is good. Homes retain their value well, and I love the southern charm there. However taxes (property and sales) are much higher than in North Carolina, as almost everything. I am drawn back to NC for many reasons. As a Christian with traditional European values, I fit in very well. I also enjoy the change of seasons which I did not experience in other places. I do like the Daphne Alabama area, but it is one of those places I consider to be "deep south". That is something you have to live and define for yourself. In the meantime I am like you, OP. I'm tired of the northern traffic, hustle, congestion, pollution, and most of all anonymity. I have certainly resumed my hunting for another North Carolina home.
 meowzing
Msg: 119
Heading South
Posted: 6/13/2017 8:41:40 AM
OP- To get back on topic to the question you originally asked in these forums...

I have lived in the south the majority of my adult life in places like FL, NC, and TX. I travel a lot, and love doing so. From my experiences Florida is a tough place to endure both the heat, and the job market. Those of us that are getting older will have a tough time finding a good job. I love Texas, and the economy there is good. Homes retain their value well, and I love the southern charm there. However taxes (property and sales) are much higher than in North Carolina, as almost everything. I am drawn back to NC for many reasons. As a Christian with traditional European values, I fit in very well. I also enjoy the change of seasons which I did not experience in other places. I do like the Daphne Alabama area, but it is one of those places I consider to be "deep south". That is something you have to live and define for yourself. In the meantime I am like you, OP. I'm tired of the northern traffic, hustle, congestion, pollution, and most of all anonymity. I have certainly resumed my hunting for another North Carolina home.

...that's if you are still around to read our opinions...
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 120
Heading South
Posted: 6/14/2017 5:09:13 AM

I think they ought to take all of the old statues and put them in a museum. Make it a kind of a "History of the South" thing. Make it factual and informative.

Makes sense.

The Missouri Civil War Museum has offered to take the monument to southern grunt soldiers. The mayor of STL is already getting it dismantled (and they renamed a street called "Confederate").

Unfortunately the liberal loons aren't satisfied with just the monument being dismantled. They're making strict demands *how* the monument gets displayed in its new home. The Missouri Civil War Museum is unbiased, showing historical fact without injecting opinions. To the liberals, anything other than "north good, south bad" is unacceptable.

Even if the monument were pro slavery, I would be opposed to removal based on principle. Giving in to demands of BLM / NAACP will just create more future problems. They'll get bolder and make additional demands with no end.

Now the idiots have a petition to shut down the Ferguson convenience store where their hero Mike Brown committed a vicious strong arm robbery against a diminutive store clerk. (The liberal media understates the attack, saying Brown "brushed" the clerk. Anyone who tries to excuse the attack deserves to be "brushed" in that manner!) The nig-nogs blame the victim, trying to punish the store that got robbed and attacked. The store has been looted at least twice. When the unreliable liberal rag New York Times posted a doctored video of an earlier crime by Mike Brown in the same store, a bloodthirsty black mob attacked the store, shouting hate speech "Ragheads! Go back to Iraq, terrorists!" (The store is run by Muslims / Arabs, but their background is not Iraq).

Alabama did the right thing by trying to introduce a bill to ban removal of statues / monuments. Good job, sweet home Alabama. Unlike wimpy Louisiana, where welfare queens stayed in luxury hotels for a year or more at taxpayer expense following Katrina, choosing to live below sea level in a known storm surge zone, whining about harmless statues.

My opinion of the Confederate flag and those who proudly fly it continues to rise. Last time I had a negative encounter with a Confederate flag flier was 2001 (an idiot neighbor). Since then, the biggest negatives are being passed by aggressive drivers (with rebel flags on their vehicles) who seem to fancy themselves as the Dukes of Hazzard or the Bandit. The white supremacists who carry Confederate flags represent only a tiny percentage.

How can someone be offended by the Confederate flag, but not by flaming homosexuals who walk around in public with their pants down exposing their stinky butt crack or gay fancy drawers?

I still hate Darren Wilson and always will. Before he shot Mike Brown, a citizen (who sounds white in the video) captured video footage of Wilson brutally bullying him.
 deetristate
Msg: 121
Heading South
Posted: 6/14/2017 6:30:38 AM
What we have here is the "pretend it never happended." syndrome.
I said earlier in this thread, they can put them in a museum. There is a lot of history being destroyed.
 LOLTrump
Msg: 122
Heading South
Posted: 6/14/2017 6:50:13 AM

How can someone be offended by the Confederate flag, but not by flaming homosexuals who walk around in public with their pants down exposing their stinky butt crack or gay fancy drawers?

Maybe because they are rational and same people who are secure enough with their sexuality not to get their panties in a bunch just because you saw some gay people, but who understand what that flag represents.

But I guess it is a good thing those gay people do not go around exposing their midriff and wear skin tight clothing meant to represent a sports team for the purpose of sucking fans in, as that would be somewhat ironic.
 jackalsrage
Msg: 123
Heading South
Posted: 6/14/2017 8:02:46 AM
Viking....your level of ignorance is pretty high. What one would expect of an uneducated southern boy, I suggest listening to Mitch Landrieu's Speech...the mayor of New Orleans. Learn something.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/opinion/mitch-landrieus-speech-transcript.html
 2ufo2
Msg: 124
Heading South
Posted: 6/14/2017 8:06:48 AM

Oh, I'm horribly offended by guys who walk around with their pants exposing... their plumber's heritage.
However, I don't automatically think they're gay.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 125
Heading South
Posted: 6/14/2017 8:10:07 AM
I still say this topic would be much more enjoyable if it were about oral sex

Different strokes I guess
 2ufo2
Msg: 126
Heading South
Posted: 6/14/2017 8:20:03 AM
I don't know. It gets pretty... hot... here in the South.
 VikingHoosier
Msg: 127
Heading South
Posted: 6/15/2017 4:43:07 AM
I was referring to "saggin".

Upper left of this page:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/523895369130448967/

Saggin is used by homosexual "bottoms" in prisons to indicate their desire to be sodomized by "tops". The "fashion trend" has expanded outside prison and is regularly seen in public by black homosexuals and the wiggers who copy black behavior.

Saggin is a palindrome. Notice what it spells backwards. Highly appropriate.
 triblata
Msg: 128
Heading South
Posted: 6/15/2017 6:20:27 AM
And why will my user name be terminated, but you will allow this White Trash, racist Viking guy remain. Can somebody explain?
 LOLTrump
Msg: 129
Heading South
Posted: 6/15/2017 6:40:14 AM

I was referring to "saggin".

Saggin is used by homosexual "bottoms" in prisons to indicate their desire to be sodomized by "tops". The "fashion trend" has expanded outside prison and is regularly seen in public by black homosexuals and the wiggers who copy black behavior.

"Racist Douchebag"

Racist Douchebag - is used by people to describe others who are so backwards there are literally no other words to describe how stupid and ignorant they are.
 chameleonf
Msg: 130
Heading South
Posted: 6/15/2017 7:40:08 AM

And why will my user name be terminated, but you will allow this White Trash, racist Viking guy remain. Can somebody explain?

Who knows around this joint. How about you try posting recipes only in the seldom posted to "Recipes & Cooking" section, nowhere else, for a month or two, without the addition of any commentary and see if you still get booted. If you still get booted, I'd wager to say whatever number of ISPs you have used in the past when you were first marked as a mad man are on some form of automatic update removal system. Surely, if someone was reporting you the number of times you get exorcised and return, they'd get booted themselves for being a pest. Go ahead...try the experiment...I dares ya!
 triblata
Msg: 131
Heading South
Posted: 6/15/2017 8:45:09 AM
Nope, I use dynamic always changing Ips to post. The main reason for my deletion, at least initially, is you poor dears in the dating site were intolerant of opinions you didn't agree with...thats it...a bunch of typical middle aged, intolerant women. Off topics is more giving but you would rather allow for vile bigots like Elphaba than a person who honestly tells it like is and disturbs your poor sensibilities. I get it.. You all keep strange company.
 chameleonf
Msg: 132
Heading South
Posted: 6/15/2017 9:54:56 AM

The main reason for my deletion, at least initially, is you poor dears in the dating site were intolerant of opinions you didn't agree with...thats it...a bunch of typical middle aged, intolerant women. Off topics is more giving but you would rather allow for vile bigots like Elphaba than a person who honestly tells it like is and disturbs your poor sensibilities. I get it.. You all keep strange company.

Sounds suspiciously close to something along the lines of misogyny creeping into your post (not unusual, have seen it before but one simply has to consider the source). Perhaps that is your problem, if anyone still has the ability to report people, i.e. thin skinned individuals (can't see it though because there is so much allowed in here that goes well beyond some [not all] of your tripe compared to when there was actual monitoring). I don't care what you do or don't post - it's your opinion - and I can either choose to ignore or respond. The only problem anyone should have in here is if someone seems to be threatening actual harm to someone else, as one particular poster in the past 24 hours or so seems to have bordered on, if not now, possibly in the not too distant future (no, not you). Yup, I guess we all keep strange company in here - yourself included, or you wouldn't choose to keep coming back and respond to those you disagree with or dislike, rather than ignore. With respect to "telling it like it is", that's entirely subjective unless substantiated by fact.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >