Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > humor  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deviant311
Msg: 77
Profile cliches: My friends and family are important to me!Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
i'd like to outlaw the 'kissing face' towards the camera, or the generic bathroom mirror pic, should i worry that you don't have enough friends for you to take pics with? or that the best pic of yourself is one where your facial features are contorted, i'm not saying i'm the best looking thing on the internet, but the crazy angle/face contorted pic is usually raises a questionmark for me.

i'm starting to think something, maybe chick flicks, are starting to mold women into the same tag lines, and then even other tag lines that just would make men happy, and to tell you the truth, i haven't looked at many men's profiles but i'm sure they're doing the same. i guess you like football, and the orlando magic, and your love having fun, but how do i know this? i'm going to start listing my tag lines as 'playing with my piles of money', 'hanging my manhood out of the window to block the sun on a hot day', and 'punching rapists in the neck.'
 B Bay Barn
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Profile cliches: My friends and family are important to me!
Posted: 3/7/2010 12:12:56 PM
One thats starting to annoy me is under religion "New Age" WTF????
 raxarsr
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2010 2:15:12 PM
"i'm looking for a good man....looks arent important...........

[then the reply you get.[if any]]...........

as long as he dont look like you
 Arbor27
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2010 4:16:14 PM

i'd like to outlaw the 'kissing face' towards the camera

Oh man... how ignorant is that!? Profiles with "kissy-face" pictures, or pictures with the person huddled around three dogs while balancing a cat on each shoulder are an automatic NEXT!
 komodo
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2010 4:32:47 AM
arkadye;

Personals which say they smoke 'occasionally".

Either you smoke or you dont.
Its kinda like being pregnant.

You is or you aint.

agree, who's kidding who? I suppose that "occasionally" makes it thru filters and an outright "yes" wouldn't. Another is when they list "anything outdoors" in their interests.... does that include going outside to get the mail, to goto the mall, or mow the lawn.

Rock on
 Arbor27
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2010 4:43:15 PM

Personals which say they smoke 'occasionally".

Either you smoke or you dont.
Its kinda like being pregnant.

You is or you aint.

I consider myself an occasional smoker. I'll buy a pack of cigarettes, but the only time I smoke is when I'm out with friends having a few drinks. I don't bring them with me when I leave the house. I'd never smoke in my car or home, and I don't think about "having a smoke" during the course of a day. I don't smoke daily. I don't smoke when I'm hanging out with a non-smoker either. My last long-term girlfriend was a non-smoker and I didn't smoke for a year and a half whether she was around or not. I've been a non-smoker dating a smoker and I didn't want to be compared to "kissing an ashtray." She knew I smoked sometimes when we started dating, once we got more serious she asked me to stop, so I stopped.

That being said, I don't want to meet someone here be listed as a "non-smoker" and have another friend ask me if I want to step outside for a smoke. I am a smoker; occasionally.
 Arbor27
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Profile cliches:
Posted: 3/30/2010 8:19:49 PM

"I am a very independent lady that has worked very hard to get to where I have today. My independence puts a lot of you fellas off as I can stand on my own to feet and don't demand anything."

"A little bit about me….I am a very independent woman that has worked very hard to get to where I have today career wise. My independence puts a lot of you men off as I can stand on my own two feet and don't demand anything."

I done spent lots of time skipping me english classes and learning to be independent and yous men better know I can stand on my own to feet.

WHOLE-E-CRAP. I love the forums on this site!
 really1972
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2010 1:23:39 PM
It's amazing how many beer drinking, sports watching, rock climbing, motorcycle riding, extreme sport doing, single mom's of toddlers are on P.o.F. .
I'm a single guy that makes his own hours and I don't have that much time.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/2/2010 6:24:01 PM
I post this with the disclaimer: This is all my original material.....

not into games - can't understand the directions to "Candyland" but still owns it. Video game controllers are mystical and frustrating, can't even play solitare unless it's with someone else.

drama free - user doesn't understand the phrase just copied it from someone else's profile. For those who know what it means, like "nice guy" they're saying that to try to shield the fact that they're more into drama than the starts of "Days of Our Lives", and consider soap operas dull as compared to what happened to THEM today.

down to earth - likes to swill cheap alcohol so often they usually wake up face down on the floor.

easy going - so unexcitable barely has a pulse. People continually are sticking mirrors under their nose to make sure they're breathing.

loves to laugh - just under the legal limit of insanity, only "get" their own jokes, and considers "bathroom humor" highbrow.

laid back - (see easy going) so unmotivated can barely get up to go to work or the refrigerator. Will be happy when they can retire and spend the rest of their life in their Lazy Boy with a cooler and the remote.

self sufficient - because they're living in their parents' basement (again) they can pay their bar tab and eat off the dollar menu at McDonald's off their successful paper route.

educated - saved up the $12.95 to graduate from the Sally Struthers Correspondence Course in Resume Writing. Or saved $10 and just went to Office Depot, bought vellum paper and printed their own certificate.

self employed - (see laid back) can support their lifestyle with a paper route.

active lifestyle - walks to the end of the driveway everyday to retrieve the newspaper.

hopeless romantic - saved every Valentine from elementary school, female - still does a heart over every "i" male - know I have candles and matches around here...somewhere.

bad boy - still thinks the Fonz is "cool" has the leather jacket and tight jeans, but between the manboobs and beer belly, neither actually fits. Or the rapper wannabe who still wears their ballcaps backwards at 35 or older and likes to say "yo" or "dawg". (side comment: Randy Jackson and American Idol have further promoted the image of thinking this works....yo, dawg, man I'm so down with that...UGH)

likes to cuddle - (sorry guys, but this is usually on a male profile...) has worn the fuzz of his first teddy bear, isn't tactile, just wants to get his hands on you and all over you. Whether you like it or not, particularly on a first date, meet...this is why women prefer to meet for coffee at least there's a table in between and hot liquids involved, and if need be, either glass or ceramic items within arm's reach.
 SIXSENSE
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2010 9:24:38 AM
LOOKING FOR A NICE GIRL!!!
LOOKING FOR A NICE WOMEN!!! geee! you think?
I read this line over and over and over... maki it STOP!
 theforumfiend
Msg: 103
Posted: 4/4/2010 4:10:23 PM

"I have a big heart". / "Big-hearted woman" (etc.) I do not understand why all BBWs use this phrase (or a variation on the theme), but let me clue you all in; NO average weight woman uses it, and ALL large women DO, and guys have NOTICED this, so now ANY woman who uses it (no matter how sweet & sincere, regardless of stated body type) is sending out RED FLAGS to the readers about actual body type. Do Not Use This Cliche!! Unfailingly, "big heart" = "big body"!

I just love sweeping generalizations like "all". This fat broad has never had on her profile "I have a big heart". / "Big-hearted woman" or any variation of this theme. As for my photo choice the currentone with the cat is in rebellion to posts about cats. My photo showing how fat I am (now my 2nd picture) was reported for not showing my face, and deleted, even though I have been recognized in the grocery store.

What makes me giggle are things like "Looking for just one good women" (plural?), "im a caring, honest, sexual, sensual person, just looking for a friend" (yeah, we need to know our friends are sexual and sensual), "I don't look my age" (that's a matter of opinion), or "your smile lights up the room".

While these make me giggle everyone is just trying to stand out. Can't blame them.
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2010 9:05:26 PM
Bucsgirl says"
bad boy - still thinks the Fonz is "cool"

Love your posts. The mayor of my town - Sam Katz - just gave the Fonz the key to the City.

That transported me back to the 70's.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 105
Posted: 4/6/2010 9:56:47 PM
"Love your posts" Thinking about maybe bringing back Beatrice. Wasn't that fun?
 Molly Maude
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2010 12:37:20 PM
I HAVE sent them questions ... and they rarely respond!

among the funniest/oddest/most likely to go unresponded to profiles ... are the BLANK ones that state at the bottom ... "looking for a women that likes the same things I do" ... when, as a "women," I have NO CLUE what he likes because he DIDN'T FILL OUT THE BIO FORM!!!

they're the same men who have sent you an initial e-mail that says something like, "hi ... I think yur hot!" ... or just ... "hi." ... then get angry when you don't respond and send you a 2nd e-mail complaining that you're a stuck up women ...

I should be kind and just assume it's his inability to TYPE rather than his inability to think ... I should ... really ... I should ...
 travelingmkey
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2010 7:46:52 PM
Profession: I have one. What does that mean? Does that mean you are involved in the dancing arts at a gentlemen club? Or do you routinely patrol the street to give physical therapy to guys who drives up?
 theforumfiend
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/31/2010 8:57:51 PM
Under looking for "Friends" it always cracks me up when the person talks about how attractive and sensual they are. Yeah, I only want attractive, sensual pals.
 Bfriends4now
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2010 7:36:31 PM
I thought it was rap and heavy metal that no woman likes? What about Gregorian chants????
 lyingcheat
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2010 10:05:33 AM
Clichés? What's wrong with clichés?
I'm looking for someone who is generally sad, hates life, and thinks it's too long. Someone who can't dress up nicely and wear jeans and t-shirt sometimes, but can only do one or the other. It would be a plus too if they either like to stay in or go out, but the ability to do both just confuses me.

For myself, I dislike my family so they come about third or fourth, and I think my kids are psychopathic deviates so I'd like to ditch them as soon as possible.
I don't have a sense of humour either so I like it when people write "lol" after everything that's supposed to be funny, because then I know when to laugh.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 116
Posted: 7/11/2010 4:11:29 PM
Yippee....another profile cliches thread. I've written a few (all original material BTW)

Ehh I swear if I see good hearted woman just ONE more time! (I'd like to BAP upside the head whoever wrote that darn song! yeah I know who it is..ugh)

easy going - will let your dog hump her leg

laid back - will let your brother/cousin hump her leg

adventurous - LOTS of fun at the family reunion, will let EVERYONE hump her leg
fun-loving - plays strip pool at the bar

down to earth - lets her brother hump her leg....(well trying to be consistent)

family oriented - has 14 babies without artificial insemination

open-minded - will flash her boobs at the library (could ALSO be fun-loving..)

friendly - french kisses all your friends to make a good impression (did I say they were all MEN? Yipes!)

homebody - hasn't left the house since Reagan was in office

loves children - well she dates men...DUH!

animal lover - LIKES your dog humping her leg

outdoors woman - hunts topless with a bow and arrow

woman with a sense of humor - will flash her boobs for a beer or a laugh...both is extra!

not into games - can't understand the directions to "Candyland" but still owns it. Video game controllers are mystical and frustrating, can't even play solitare unless it's with someone else.

drama free - user doesn't understand the phrase just copied it from someone else's profile. For those who know what it means, like "nice guy" they're saying that to try to shield the fact that they're more into drama than the starts of "Days of Our Lives", and consider soap operas dull as compared to what happened to THEM today.

down to earth - likes to swill cheap alcohol so often they usually wake up face down on the floor.

easy going - so unexcitable barely has a pulse. People continually are sticking mirrors under their nose to make sure they're breathing.

loves to laugh - just under the legal limit of insanity, only "get" their own jokes, and considers "bathroom humor" highbrow.

laid back - (see easy going) so unmotivated can barely get up to go to work or the refrigerator. Will be happy when they can retire and spend the rest of their life in their Lazy Boy with a cooler and the remote.

self sufficient - because they're living in their parents' basement (again) they can pay their bar tab and eat off the dollar menu at McDonald's off their successful paper route.

educated - saved up the $12.95 to graduate from the Sally Struthers Correspondence Course in Resume Writing. Or saved $10 and just went to Office Depot, bought vellum paper and printed their own certificate.

self employed - (see laid back) can support their lifestyle with a paper route.

active lifestyle - walks to the end of the driveway everyday to retrieve the newspaper.

hopeless romantic - saved every Valentine from elementary school, female - still does a heart over every "i" male - know I have candles and matches around here...somewhere.

bad boy - still thinks the Fonz is "cool" has the leather jacket and tight jeans, but between the manboobs and beer belly, neither actually fits. Or the rapper wannabe who still wears their ballcaps backwards at 35 or older and likes to say "yo" or "dawg". (side comment: Randy Jackson and American Idol have further promoted the image of thinking this works....yo, dawg, man I'm so down with that...UGH)

likes to cuddle - (sorry guys, but this is usually on a male profile...) has worn the fuzz of his first teddy bear, isn't tactile, just wants to get his hands on you and all over you. Whether you like it or not, particularly on a first date, meet...this is why women prefer to meet for coffee at least there's a table in between and hot liquids involved, and if need be, either glass or ceramic items within arm's reach.
 GWSmith
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/11/2010 5:18:03 PM
Under first Date:

Surprise me - I'm not into making my own decisions, and if I am I'm not going to tell you because I want you to be able to read my mind.

or

It better be expensive!
 Gracie Dane
Msg: 119
Posted: 7/14/2010 8:11:16 PM
Bucsgirl - I laughed so hard reading your response.. (and profile)

On point! Thank you for the chuckle, definitely needed. (Enough to make me quit lurking and actually post!)

Would love to hear your take on the ones who say, "My friend made me sign up for this" or "I hate typing about myself".. I see that on just about every profile I have read lately..

JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 120
Posted: 7/18/2010 9:14:39 AM
"Me and my children are a package deal. If you want me, you want them as well."

LOL..wonder how that line's working for them?

Then there's that other completely OVERUSED, contrived little nugget thrown in their profiles, "my children are my world and they come first." (Where's the puke emoticon when you need it?)

Can't hit the "back" button fast enough when I see that crap.
 GWSmith
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/18/2010 5:50:34 PM

Can't hit the "back" button fast enough when I see that crap.

Ditto. Its great that they love their kids but it also pretty much tells me I'm just there to fill a need or desire and am expandable.
 bowielover
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2010 9:01:55 PM
These are a few of my favorites:
1. I LOVE to have fun.
*Really? FUN IS DUMB. I have lukewarm feelings myself. I always die a little whenever someone writes that they "like fun" as though it's part of their unique character.

2. No LIARS, CHEATERS, or PLAYERS!
*CAPS ARE THE ULTIMATE DETERRENT TO THOSE THAT WOULD MANIPULATE YOU. IT'S THE LAW!

3. I'm shy. I really want a gurl to like me for who I am on the inside and likes to party.
*Then why are all seven pictures of you barely clothed in a bathroom mirror with a camera aimed at your bare chest & package looking like a dewey pink glamour photo shoot gone bad with a caption that reads "hey ladiezzzzz, wussup?" Seriously, I was just thinking I'd like to get with a blurry, humble, headless, glossy chested man. Mmm mmm mmm!!!!
 Vannili
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2010 2:25:52 PM
Well, in my profile I stated I am looking for a rich and handsome man, (joke) I got some responses > You have to take your pick I can't be both, Handsome or Rich ? One guy said that he have houses in 3 states, this one is really a kicker >a Mexican guy that his job is doing traveling all over the world and I asked are you a flight steward he said he work in a landscape business.LOL!!!
Show ALL Forums  > humor  >