Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 carelesswhisper00
Msg: 72
For those that have been married before - would you do it again?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Absolutely. My marriage was wonderful and I was with my husband till the end, may he rest in peace.
 HVACtech
Msg: 74
view profile
History
For those that have been married before - would you do it again?
Posted: 6/27/2009 9:52:25 PM
Marriage is grossly over-rated. There is no reason on Earth -- none -- that two people can't remain faithfully committed to each other without a legal document.

We've said our vows before ... in a church, a courthouse, or wherever. And for the divorced among us, a helluva lot of good they did.

Would I do marriage again? It's possible ... but so too is the moon crashing into Earth. In other words, very highly improbable.

I think a better question would be, "Would being previously married deter you from being faithfully committed to someone?" To that my answer would be, "No."

The happiest & "richest" couple I know never got married. They had and raised great kids together, basically did and enjoyed the same things married couples did, and are now happily retired. Key to their relationship is that there was never a piece of paper binding them. The door was always open -- either could walk away at any time (barring, of course, support & legal obligations). They stayed in their relationship because they both wanted to stay in it for their love of each other. That is a commitment no marriage certificate can make happen.
 Monty0791
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2009 10:28:51 PM
Still on the fence about it.I won't say yes and I won't say no.Only time will tell.I guess it depends on who I ever meet and how I feel at that time.
 jim141419
Msg: 77
Posted: 6/27/2009 10:29:28 PM
I'm not sure........

From past experience and learning from others....

People seem to change when they get married.

......Im just sayin
 seekndestroy
Msg: 78
Posted: 6/27/2009 10:31:01 PM
only if she's filthy rich and i get half after the divorce !!!!

farscapeprincess
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/9/2010 2:14:05 PM

The happiest & "richest" couple I know never got married. They had and raised great kids together, basically did and enjoyed the same things married couples did, and are now happily retired. Key to their relationship is that there was never a piece of paper binding them. The door was always open -- either could walk away at any time (barring, of course, support & legal obligations). They stayed in their relationship because they both wanted to stay in it for their love of each other. That is a commitment no marriage certificate can make happen.

I definitely agree! It seems that when the door is always open for one or the other to leave, they stay together because they genuinely love each other, they work on the relationship and thus it is those relationships that truly last. That is something that's the kind of relationship that I hope to have the next time. You really don't need the piece of paper to make it work. I think what some people want is the grandiose ceremony in front of friends as if to prove their love for the other. No thank you. I don't need it, but I'll never say never.
 barbee1970
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/9/2010 2:20:25 PM
I would never marry again. After my divorce, I worked harder than ever. bought a Condo and don't want to end up giving half to some guy if the marriage fails.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >