Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do attractive people have more trouble being monogamous?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SterlingHeart
Msg: 51
Do attractive people have more trouble being monogamous?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
There's a difference between finding someone attractive and being attracted to them. The first one is commonplace with many people you see on a daily basis. The second is an action word that you employ either when you're single and available, or you're not single but have difficulty with monogamy or don't know the difference between the two ideas.
 dawn1114
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Do attractive people have more trouble being monogamous?
Posted: 8/21/2008 5:32:57 PM
Why is everyone using non-monogamous and cheating as synonyms? A person can be non-monogamous and ALSO never cheat.

I don't think attractive people have more trouble being monogamous than anyone else. I do believe, however, that an attractive person who choses to be non-monogamous (either honestly or illicitly), would have more opportunities.
 Spoken For
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 5:47:45 PM
"Attractive" people can have just as strong a sense of loyalty and faithfulness as anyone else. The people who can't be monogamous are those with no ethics and moral fiber, no matter what they look like. I am highly monogamous by nature. If I looked like Elle McPherson, I'd still be that person who likes one person in her life, and only that one person.
 Katir
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/21/2008 6:41:44 PM
I consider myself attractive.

I've never had a problem being faithful, but I believe in being faithful.
 RustySurfer10
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/21/2008 6:43:36 PM
I think I have answered this same question before.

Being attractive is about as lame of an excuse as there is. It's not hard to say "no." Most people just can't pronounce things they can't spell. Hence why the human population has such a huge problem with the word.
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/21/2008 6:56:59 PM
Yes attractive people have more trouble because their just so darn burdened with all that beauty that instead of having any morals or brains or standards. They are stuck with just good looks, they can't help themselves it's not their fault, unlike the rest of the average/plain/ugly people who never cheat or go outside of monogamy!!!!
 MizzCrow
Msg: 57
Posted: 8/21/2008 6:57:56 PM
Oh, for heaven's sake. What a shallow question.

If you are asking whether good looking people are more motivated by their egos to respond to people hitting on them, I'd have to ask you, why would you think that?

On the converse, do you think that people who are plain or maybe a little rough around the edges might not be conceivably more flattered by the attention and be tempted to cheat?

The ability to remain monogamous is a personal trait. It has nothing to do with what you look like, what sex you are, what color or faith or gender preference you have. As far as toning down their attractiveness to avoid making someone jealous or to keep people from hitting on them, why should they? People should be who they are, and deal with situations as they come up. This would be akin to choosing someone for the shallow reason of appearance and then forcing them to wear a burka so no one else could see them.
 lp123456789
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 8:26:53 PM
i agree if they're attractive doesn't mean they have more trouble or not to be monogamous....it's about character...geez these days i wonder if ppl actually take being faithful seriously
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 8:29:56 PM
No, we just have issues with commitment
 lp123456789
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 8:30:54 PM
i wonder why that is?
 Minau
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/21/2008 8:33:54 PM
No attractiveness has nothing to do with being able to commit or be monogomous...you're either capable of being and have no issues with being a cheater or you're not. I met this one guy...hot as hell in his late 20's...he has never ever in his life had a one night stand...they always turned into relationships...very impressive...and this guy was hot hot hot....just not his thing I guess.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/21/2008 8:44:36 PM

No, we just have issues with commitment
Levels and levels of ridiculousness here
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2008 8:59:59 PM
heehee

oh boy!!!
 Flakk
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:07:53 PM
-Do attractive people have more trouble being monogamous?-

I wouldn't know, I've never been atractive. Ill ask one of those clowns next time I see one though.
 _Red_
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:15:55 PM
Well, I've seen Mr HappyPants draw the women in like crazy and yet I have this very strong feeling that he's probably extremely loyal and monogamous and looks damn good on a horse while holding a weapon!

wpgcougar
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:24:59 PM
I don't think they have TROUBLE being monogomous, I think they just have more opportunities to not be monogomous...and yes, I avoid highly attractive men because women are constantly throwing themselves at them. Do I really need all that competition? I think I would find it hard to resist myself. You need strong character to resist all that attention for sure and there are a fair number of men that do not have that kind of self control. anyway...that's my 2 cents!
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:30:38 PM
Some of the responses here truly boggle my mind.

SOME people who attract a lot of others are actually slightly repulsed by those who are only interested in their looks, and would prefer to create a loving bond with someone who appreciates them for WHO THEY ARE... so why would they cheat based on someone who thinks they look hot that night?

Novel concept apparently?
 JasonGrimm
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:34:42 PM
I definitely think so and I've been in situations where I think they are good examples.

I've gone out with at least 3 girls that were really hot looking. I think every girl I went out with was great looking but there 2 were well you get my point. 1 looked like Jenny McCartney. You know with the jaw line and the big teeth smile. She had a huge smile exactly like that all the time. Her mouth muscles must hurt at the end of the day but she prob works up the tolerance. Anyway, we'd go to the beach and all the guys would be starring. Every single time I left the girl alone for a second to get us drinks or something, I'd come back and guys would be there asking her number. Good thing they were always kool though, they just shook my hand like they were congratulating me or something and apologize. This girl was 21 and I was 21 too at the time. So she was still nice and hadn't been walked over by guys. She didn't cheat on me but we broke up when she went to school far away. She came back and had a boyfriend but cheated on him with me.

Then another girl I went out with for 4 years was a handful because she loved attention but we were like partners in crime, Bonnie and Clyde. Guys would scream and yell stuff out the window of the car. She didn't cheat on me but she has had 3 boyfriends since me and cheated on them all. I think when they got older after other guys walking over them (not me that's for sure) they ended up being jaded and would cheat. Also if I wasn't who I was back then, they might have cheated on me too but because everyone knew me and well I don't want to say anymore because this stuff is on my history forever lol.

The 3rd one well same story, guys always after her and this one had a lot of guy friends of which all of them wanted to be with her and absolutely hated me for going out with her. She was a California blond and I ended up going back east. She let me stay but honestly it was too much drama for me competing with these guys.

So now just think, hot girls are going to have guys after them all the time and a lot of them love attention. I rather have an alright cute girl who isn't egocentric. Also I'm not who I was back then. Just imagine those girls need to turn down the guy every single time, and a lot of guys pressure the girls. I've seen guys do it a bunch of times even though the girls had boyfriends and said no the first times around. I knew someone that did it like it was an art form. He could almost make anyone do anything. He was super charismatic and girls loved him for it and his confidence or rather conceitedness.
 brownie360
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2008 12:15:42 AM
Get yourself a ugly man - Millie Jackson
 brownie360
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2008 12:17:44 AM
It's CHARACTER; or the lack thereof is why people cheat, not beauty.
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/22/2008 12:22:46 AM

..dunno...soon as my face job is done and i find a honey..
i will get back to you..

ps...with my face...dont hold your breath...
 SweetnSassyNatureLover
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/22/2008 12:58:53 AM

Some of the responses here truly boggle my mind.

SOME people who attract a lot of others are actually slightly repulsed by those who are only interested in their looks, and would prefer to create a loving bond with someone who appreciates them for WHO THEY ARE... so why would they cheat based on someone who thinks they look hot that night?

Novel concept apparently?

Wow well put Sassyaquarious!!! Some people just don't get it do they.
 Lobster Johnson
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2008 1:17:53 PM
Attractive people have more options. I am attractive and intelligent so I have way more options to date all types of women than a shorter more average dude. But attractive people aren't always polygamous. I agree that there is more temptation and opportunity because women are always ready and willing to have sex.

I had to raise my standards for women in order to avoid the temptation. Once you get with really hot babes or intelligent females, you can't go back. You crave an even better experience than the last. Fortunately, there aren't that many women worth sleeping with or even talking to. It gives me an extra layer of confidence because I can reject or avoid all types of silly women.
 Easy Read
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/22/2008 1:44:58 PM
The answer is, no. It is psychology that determines if a person proactively chooses to play the field. That is like saying do red or black cars drive faster... It is what is under the hood that matters... not the appearance of the vehicle.

ER
 ~Bugs Ear~
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/22/2008 1:50:37 PM
I have to disagree that attractive people get hit on more often or have more opportunities than average looking people.

There have been a number of threads on the boards about attractiveness being a turn off, how attractive people are intimidating to others or how attractive people have difficulty getting dates because others usually assume that they must already be attached or that their standards must be so high they’re almost impossible to please.

If the responses to those topics are indicative of how attractive people are perceived in general, then obviously they’re NOT being inundated with temptations to cheat. Making generalizations about any specific group of people is usually an attempt to justify insecurity and envy by trying to making oneself appear and feel better, at the expense of others.

Attractive people are NO more apt to stray than people of average appearance. If someone is the type of person who believes that it’s acceptable to do that, they will. Regardless of what they look like.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do attractive people have more trouble being monogamous?