Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Would you date a guy that believed in UFO's      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nan465
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Would you date a guy that believed in UFO'sPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Key part of UFO....... Unidentified. So I'd be thinking that there could be many great convo's about what it COULD have been! I believe in some goofy things, for reasons that are my own, and would hate to consider myself a bigot when it comes to someone else's goofy ideas.... *shrugs* Life is way to short to take it all so seriously....
 WNYman
Msg: 96
Would you date a guy that believed in UFO's
Posted: 8/27/2008 2:26:57 PM
Technically, a UFO does not mean that it is an alien form outer space.

It means an Unidentified Flying Object. That's it. If you see something in the sky, anything, and you can't tell what it is, you can't identify it, it IS a UFO.

Also, with the millions of planet's in the universe, who in their right mind could say, for fact, that there isn't other intelligible life out there...somewhere.
 Coffin Joe
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/30/2008 11:34:24 PM
When I say UFOs I'm talking about Aliens from space. Can you please explain all the UFO sighting back in the 1800's ?
 Mafiachixrule
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/31/2008 1:21:57 AM
Depends on what he is drinking at the time.

That UFO could be a plate or toaster. Again, see sentence one.
 VVendy
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/4/2008 7:25:47 PM
Here in Denver we may have on the ballet next May a task force dedicated to space aliens.
 OldFolkie
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2008 8:01:04 PM
It's easy to explain the 1800's sightings, Coffin. There were a number of recreational drugs widely available then, often disguised as Snake Oil remedies for whatever ailed you. These were compounds made from alcohol, cocaine, opium and assorted herbs. All were perfectly legal then, and caused the same hallucinations then that they do now. And there have always been throughout human history people who see and believe in delusions, tricks of the light, shadows dancing or the double vision from tipping back one too many of whatever happy juice was available. We have archaeological evidence for the brewing of beer dating back 10,000 years. It's highly probable that fermented honey or Mead has been around far longer, not to mention any number of herbs and mushrooms guaranteed to have you seeing things.
 Jazzythecat
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2008 8:38:56 AM
If they believe in UFO's fine, as long as they are not obsessed with it or think they have been abducted.

UFO's really do exist. The military has to test out the air craft they build. Since they build it in secret, they are going to do the same thing when they test fly it. And who knows what the Russians build and test fly. Thousands of people from all over the world see these sightings, they can't all be on drugs.

I do think they did find something of great importance in Roswell NM. They went to an awful lot of trouble to haul it away and then create an entire task force team for it. What exactly it was is still speculation, but common sense dictates the amount of trouble they went to seems ludicrious, if it was really just a weather ballon.

As for other life forms, sure, it makes sense, since the universe is massive. We still have species on this plant we have yet to discover. So who the hell knows what exists in other gallaxy's.
 misticmaid
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2008 3:28:29 PM
Sure. I like people who are a bit different anyway.
 Coffin Joe
Msg: 103
Posted: 9/5/2008 5:48:44 PM
LOL oldfolkie, but you're so full of it Thanks for the laugh
 The Lone Haranguer
Msg: 104
Posted: 9/12/2008 12:32:13 PM
Awww... I see the OP has left the building before I could answer the question.

Oh well.

----(((o)))----- Put this
------/-\------- on your
-----/ 0 \------ profile if
----/-/|\-\----- you know
---/--/-\--\---- someone who
--/---------\--- has been abducted
-/-----------\-- and anal probed by aliens.

Happy travels, Joe!
 wannashakeyourtree
Msg: 105
Posted: 9/12/2008 12:50:04 PM

Add conspiracy theories, the supernatural and big brother(not the show!! urgh)... then damn, we'd talk for years

I'm moving to new south wales!!!

Personally... I'm tired of dating women who DON'T believe this stuff...all they want to talk about is...well...usually not very much!!!
 Catinka2008
Msg: 106
Posted: 9/12/2008 12:55:26 PM
The short answer - nope.
 bluerain
Msg: 107
Posted: 9/13/2008 6:59:18 PM
Your response had me laughing for five straight minutes. You are funny
 NoMexShrek
Msg: 108
Posted: 9/13/2008 7:26:03 PM
Like has been mentioned before, a UFO is just something flying you can't identify.

I have seen stuff I can't explain while flying, and a few of my friends have as well. Aliens? Some TS Test aircraft? Who the hell knows, we just did not know WHAT it was.

As to there being life out there, statistically the odds are much greater there is, than there is not. Whether they have gotten technologically advanced enough to get here, and visit is up to debate.

Now keep in mind, time in the universe makes "geologic time" look like waiting for a red light vice walking across the USA. There are MILLIONS of solar systems that had gone thru their lifecycle from formation to nova, while the dinosaurs were still a long way off.

Look at how we have gone from caves to space travel, in a relatively short time in the big picture. I see no reason another species could do that and more provided they managed to not kill themselves in the process or be hit by some planetary scale calamity. We've gone from Clubs and Caves to now in 5,000 years or so. We went from Bronze age to Iron Age to Space age in the last 2500.

Just look at 1908 to 2008. Back then we were barely able to fly. Now we send probes to other planets and fly nonstop between continents in luxury.
 poetsmiles8989
Msg: 109
Posted: 9/13/2008 7:29:19 PM
Every1 has there own beliefs and if he believes in UFO's that's his business. Try to embrace this situation by asking him questions about it, it will make ur relationship stronger.
 LMNTLMagick
Msg: 110
Posted: 9/13/2008 8:12:23 PM
Let's see: I can go on a few dates with a man who believed in UFO's. Let's suppose he was very polite to me, considerate, well-mannered and kind to me.

Now let's suppose I could choose to go out with a different man who didn't believe in UFO's but swore, cheated on me while we were dating and drank constantly.

Well, I think the character of the individual person is what is more important. And besides, I have some unusual beliefs too.

(And besides, living in Florida, I might not see UFO's or believe in space aliens but I do see lots of aliens all around me....illegal aliens).
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Would you date a guy that believed in UFO's