Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > How many loves do you get???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 missmilly1970
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How many loves do you get???Page 5 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
So........... I'm 38y/o.

I believe I had the "great love of my life between " 23 & 28".

I screwed up! I think it didn't work out because of me!

How many " great loves" do we get?

Have you had yours?

How often have you been, madly, passionately in love?

If you already had it................ do you think you'll find it again?????
 lok
Msg: 2
How many loves do you get???
Posted: 8/22/2008 6:11:09 AM
I think after the "great love" , you find a best friend , and you never feel the same love as you did with your 1st true love , but you appreciate them more , and hold back on your heart , but thats a good thing i think , as too much can be a bad thing.

Im posting lots tonight.. can you tell im home bored????
 InSydney
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/22/2008 9:08:01 AM

How often have you been, madly, passionately in love?

Zero times. But some of my relationships have been quite memorable.

Messages this short reveal a lazy person's response!
 juz4u
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2008 6:28:23 PM
I think i am very lucky i have just got back in contact with my first true love the one u never forget and although she lives a distance from me we have been talking every night and the old feelings have come back and slapped us in the face and we can't wait till we can spend some time together,The first time round we were young and could not handle the distance thing but now we are older and wiser it seems such a small thing to worry about so there is hope that one day we can find happiness keep looking you never know where it may come from.
 deepsea66
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 2:04:57 AM
I'm not sure if the universe allots us a specific number of 'loves', but I think first love is always the special one...

I fell in love with a guy named Alex when I was in high school, and I still think fondly of him now, if you're reading this Alex, message me! lol.

After this time I think I really wanted to be in love but had low self esteem and mistook dysfunctional controlling relationships for the real thing.

Now I've woken up from that bad dream, and I'm focusing on loving myself and healing, and I'm grateful for the love of my family and friends, and if true love comes into my life I'll be ready.

Cheers, Deepy
 curiousaboutu77
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 5:15:31 AM
This is very thought provoking stuff. If a person was the love of our life but we grew apart then was that person really the love of our life? Is the love of our life someone that you grow with and enjoy the journey of life with or can they simply be a chapter in our life rather then the book? If the later is the case then it is likely that we will have many loves each representing chapters of our life or part of our journey through life.
It is all so complex because many things come into it like what if we met the love of our life but we were heading in different directions or if our priorities change and experience can change us as well. I think that there can be many loves of our life because things change so a love of our life could just be the the person that we love and is right for us at that stage but not necessarily forever.
 InSydney
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/23/2008 10:26:17 AM
I knew that sooner or later I'd find myself a gem......

I wonder sometimes if my first love was here now and we met for the first time if it would be the same. I am a vastly differnent woman now to then. As I would hope he would be.

Why do you say that? Did he have a sex change operation?
 AbbieF
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 5:52:31 PM
Life is what u make it.........................

Love is what u make it.......................

If you wnat it to be great then t will be

He / she may not be the right one hehehehehe I think there is something special with any relationship if we are in it for the 'right' reasons.
 wylder1
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/23/2008 11:09:31 PM
Yes...!

And Yes...!

If you want it to, if you have the depth to feel and the spirit to adventure.

Yes...!

Absolutely...!

Or as close as it's humanly possible to aspire to the absolute of Love.

But isn't it also societal expectations, fashionable whims, adolescent conditioning?
I mean, Love surely is exponential? And therefore doesn't it depend whether
we are inclusive or exclusive in our attitudes and expectations?

"Soulmateship" is an abused, overused, often in these facile urls a devalued term.

That doesn't mean it's invalid.

Surely, if it is a meld of the metaphysical with the reasonable tenets of mutual loyalty, trust, respect, then it is an artform that can never be complete?

Nor should it be, if it is true art.

- W

daddy-day-care
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2008 6:01:16 AM

I checked this in the manual and it says

True love is very valuable and should be treated as such.
You will be given 5 true loves, one each 20yrs. you can add/subtract from a 20yr span either side of the current 20yrs only.
If its lost then you'll have to wait untill the available time to arive, but beware this can be altered, by the following.
1. If you take advatage of someone who has used one of there "true love" on you, you will lose 2 of your true loves"
2. If you use your true love prematuraly, it will surely be lost, so use it sparingly.
3. If you try and use more than 1 on of your true loves at once this to will fail and you will lose the both of them.
4. A true love can never be replace, exept in the circomstance of

unfuntunatly the bottom half of the page was ruined, but this should clear up a few questions.

Rama
 daddy-day-care
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2008 6:02:38 AM

You will be given 5 true loves, one each 20yrs. you can add/subtract from a 20yr span either side of the current 20yrs only.
If its lost then you'll have to wait untill the available time to arive, but beware this can be altered, by the following.
1. If you take advatage of someone who has used one of there "true love" on you, you will lose 2 of your true loves"
2. If you use your true love prematuraly, it will surely be lost, so use it sparingly.
3. If you try and use more than 1 on of your true loves at once this to will fail and you will lose the both of them.

unfuntunatly the bottom half of the page was ruined, but this should clear up a few questions.

Rama
 Mainey
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/24/2008 11:06:12 PM
2 posts Rama,,, you need to stop drinking while you are on this site,,, could get you in trouble lol
 missmilly1970
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 1:39:44 AM
Hi littlesmiley,

great post! Thoughtful & positive!

You've given me a new outlook!

Many thanks!!!
 2sirinlove
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/1/2008 1:54:56 AM
I personally believe that you only get one true love in your life time.

That man who knows how you are feeling when he is away. He misses you, he cares about you. When you see him, you shine from within. You don't just smile with your face, you smile from the bottom of your heart.

They are the ones that are the keeper of our hearts. They basically own them. They are the forgiven, the trusted beyond measure, the "one".

Once in a lifetime a man like this comes into your life. It can hit you at any time, without warning. He sends you into a head spin that you won't even know what has happened. But it is the most wonderful feeling in the world.

I do hope you find love again OP, but no love can compare or even come close to the love from "the one".
 Drone165
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2008 3:37:55 AM
This is a very profound thread indeed, such deep thinking can only cause headaches and sleeplessness!

I fell in love once, so far it's lasted 30 odd years, never really changed for me, but everything around it did. Eventually it just did not fit anymore, and it had to be hung up.

I'll never throw it away, and I don't think I will ever find that kind of love again.

I have a wonderful partner now, we get on great, talk, laugh, ride, and thoroughly enjoy each other, but it isn't "IT" and I'm OK with that.

No pain...no pain!
 Huntingwulf
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2008 7:31:13 PM
Hmmm...Interesting subject.

I think I had two, (not together lol). First one left after 27 years because I didn't agree with her religion, but that's cool.

The second traded me in, 2 1/2 years ago, for a younger model after 14 years of marriage. Probably my fault for building that computer. But that's ok, I'm over it. Now there's just me and my teenage daughter.

Actually nothings changed, I still do all the cooking, washing and etc.

Maybe the "Great Love of my Life?" is yet to come, but at my age, I'm not holding my breath.
 daddy-day-care
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2008 4:09:45 AM

None. Love is for fools who live in a world of fantasy. Love does not exist.

blasfomy blasfomy I tell you.... I loooooooooooooooooove my kids and I love ummmmmm let me think about it brb
 daddy-day-care
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2008 5:54:48 AM

Go on brave soldier, drop a username.....let's see a real scoop in the aussie forums. Who is it? Go, go, go...do it, do it, do it....inspire us.....

I dont kiss and tell

Were you in love when you conceived those children?

the first I was.....the second well, it was a call of duty...... that was tha hardest question I have had all week and I have had some dooseys.

But I do believe in love, I also believe love is a choice in the long term as feelings come and go.
The manual above tells it as it is..............or as it was written.
 Aussie_Striker
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2009 10:16:01 PM
I'm still waiting to find one
 greyingred
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2009 7:44:17 AM

what we consider love. Lust, affection, reliance, dependence, friendship, jealousy etc all mixed together to create something we feel the need to label.

I have similar problems. Get cross people who dismiss previous relationships as co dependant. If it wasn't it would be a crap relationship. I think they mean the co dependancy was extreme.

On the other hand, its not difficult for me to say it, because when I do, I darn mean it diddly doodly doo. To me, its just a means (read: convenient) to let 'em know, that: 1) You're awesome, 2)You blow my mind to smithereens, 3) I can't get used to not having you around, in fact my life sucks to the nth power 4)I feel torn every time I leave you, 5) I can't get back to my normal self, what have you done? 6)If you leave me now...you'll take away the biggest part of me....woowoo woo baby please don't go (I'd be somewhat crushed, in fact I won't be myself for a couple of weeks, maybe a month or two give or take?) 7) Dammit, you're everything I've always wanted, and now you're here...faark...I wasn't expecting you so soon. Gimme a tick. Be right back. 8) Etc.

Agree and yet not with all of it, nor that that person is actually suitable as a live in partner. Was in love with someone before I realised it. Had all the above emotions despite knowing on a day to day level we were in many ways quite unsuitable. Was a most wonderful, painful, joyous, sad, funny ha ha experience especially as I was in my 40's. Love is not blind at my age (and thank god for it) but it is still impossible to argue against. It surprises me that I still hurt, still care deeeeeeeply for him and always will. He is now in my heart with four other men who I know also think fondly with mild regret about me. But hey feeling a teenager again with all the ensuing emotions yet being wise enough to travel it with grace....wouldn't have missed it for the world and I wish him the best and hope he finds someone more suitable....just don't let me know or be within ten feet of her cos I can't even hear about let alone see him after a year of ex-ing without AW HELL...but c'est la vie I know it would just be too difficult cos he ain't going to change and why should he...I won't!

I sorta already know I will have one more deep abiding love but this time it will be with a more suitable partner..I just have to wait til the frangipanis in my backgarden are in flower...no idea which year. (ambulance now taking me to hospital brb)
 djrdx
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2009 8:22:11 AM
who knows, i have enough trouble getting a date to show up or reply to me on here.
its craaaaaazy!

ah wells!
just see where life takes you i guess
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > How many loves do you get???