Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Do Democrats and Republicans really hate eachother?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dragonpat
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Do Democrats and Republicans really hate eachother?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I am someone who was raised to believe that only actions should be judged. Never judge a person by their skin color never judge a person by their gender. I have since tried to apply this same reasoning to peoples party affiliation. I like many of the democrate posters on here. Many are intelligent and thoughtful in there discussion of the issue. Just as there are many of the republican posters who also post with intelligence. But for all of those who are on here that i respect i have seen a few from each side who seems to turn off their intelligence when it comes to members of the other party.
But i do see that for the most part most of those who support a particular party may not hate their rivals. Just the extreamists of each.
 dabearsguy
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Do Democrats and Republicans really hate eachother?
Posted: 8/25/2008 2:29:03 PM
I am a registered Independant and lean to the center right. What I see here and other political forums is the righties think the left is wrong and misguided. The righties views are based on morals , freedom, common sense and knowledge of history.The left thinks the right is evil to the bone. Their views are based on feelings and not confronting or offending the real evil doers (totalitarians, communists, Islamofascists) or bad behavior . They consider someone whose thoughts are based on morals and rational thinking is pure bigotry.This is due to the indoctrination of the last 30 years of public school education and media influence.
 exodusi1
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 2:31:20 PM
Or. . . .

Maybe we just understand that pure hate begets more hate. . .

And you are not moderate, your posts clearely place you on the far right, as does the term "Islamofacist."
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/25/2008 3:32:15 PM

I am a registered Independant and lean to the center right. What I see here and other political forums is the righties think the left is wrong and misguided. The righties views are based on morals , freedom, common sense and knowledge of history.The left thinks the right is evil to the bone. Their views are based on feelings and not confronting or offending the real evil doers (totalitarians, communists, Islamofascists) or bad behavior . They consider someone whose thoughts are based on morals and rational thinking is pure bigotry.This is due to the indoctrination of the last 30 years of public school education and media influence.

Please, have you ever read Ann Coulter? She sells millions of books talking about executing liberals and has repeatedly stated she wish terrorist had struck leftist newspapers.

The Right still buys her books. In the millions.

Finally you describe somebody on the right as thinking based on morals and rationality, but ignore the reality that a large % of the right bases their books on hand me down stories from a tribe thousands of years ago, that thought it was a good idea to stone adulterers.

Center right my ass. You'll find that people who are really centrists don't usually vilify their opponents, unless they are one of those extremists (fascists, Communist ect.)
 eeeo4U
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 4:16:26 PM
I don't know if I totally agree with Ann Coulter on all issues, but she is hilarious...she's almost as funny as Kinky Friedman and Dennis Miller and considerably funnier than Steven Colbert and Jon Stewart.

I feel I am a center-rightist (more right than center but definitely not a neocon) and I use the term Islamofascist as well as environmento-fascist and econo-fascist. This morning I enjoyed a Denny's slam that featured bacon, ham, and sausage along with eggs. The fact that there are those in the world who would outlaw such a meal upsets me, whether it is for the "unclean" qualities of the meat or the caloric-cholesterol content. I also drove there in my Dodge Cummins Diesel and looked at the mpg indicator...average 21.7 not that I worry about such things...
 exodusi1
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 5:30:41 PM
Nah, Stewart is the funniest man on TV. . . . If you were even slightly to the left, he would crack you up often.

I will try to find the You Tube link when I get home, but when he had Obama on last year, he did a thing on the Mess O Potamia. . . Who screwed it up. Funiest bit EVER!

Too bad it was reality instead of comedy!
 eeeo4U
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 5:38:02 PM
I'm sorry I guess I don't have any left wing genes then...My dad the Truman/Kennedy Democrat notwithstanding. My humor extends more to the Blue Collar Comedy Tour and I laugh with them, not against or at them...
 exodusi1
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 5:42:55 PM
Engval was my favorite, until he made that stupid song "Just shut up."

Stewart almost requires a college education to get. . . Not a slight, but he is just so intellectual, that his jokes are very sublime sometimes. In college, while waiting for my government classes to begin, everyone there was talking about The Daily Show from the day before. . .

Oh, and you are not a neocon. . . You and I may not agree on policy, but you have ALWAYS been respectful.
Ex I
 eeeo4U
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 5:49:05 PM
Actually, we agreed on several things...until I got that visceral jolt from the Saddleback forum I was ready to form a couple of chapters of Republicans for Obama...and I appreciate the mutual respect. I have a master's in international relations from Boston University and an MBA from USC and I get Stewart, just don't like him...never did like somebody who talked down to me when he doesn't know me.
Miller with his rants and his obscure cultural references I got even when he was a liberal.
 exodusi1
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 6:04:13 PM
Nooooo. . . Come back from the Dark Side my friend. . . I can save you. . .

Just don't cut of my hand with the light-sabre. . .

Where's my Jedi Icon? A beer will have to suffice.
 eeeo4U
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 6:22:01 PM
I'll take one of those next time I'm in PHX...
 exodusi1
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 6:23:14 PM
Anytime. . .

I guess that answers the question if Dems and Reps hate each other. . . Now, can we all trash the neocons? Cooommmm Byy aahhhh. . .
 o4
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/25/2008 7:24:14 PM
Go ahead. Neocons have the shoulders and can handle it, unlike the others who can't stand criticism of any kind.
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/25/2008 7:38:27 PM

I don't know if I totally agree with Ann Coulter on all issues, but she is hilarious...she's almost as funny as Kinky Friedman and Dennis Miller and considerably funnier than Steven Colbert and Jon Stewart.

Hey some people think the scary movie serries is high humor.

I feel I am a center-rightist (more right than center but definitely not a neocon) and I use the term Islamofascist as well as environmento-fascist and econo-fascist.

oh thats ok, maybe you just don't know what the word means.

The fact that there are those in the world who would outlaw such a meal upsets me, whether it is for the "unclean" qualities of the meat or the caloric-cholesterol content.

Actually I've been in two muslim countries where it's of course legal to serve pork, muslims just don't go to those restaurants.

I also drove there in my Dodge Cummins Diesel and looked at the mpg indicator...average 21.7 not that I worry about such things...

So you don't care about destroying the environment, fine, but how does that make the people who do care about the result of polution "fascists" you really do need to do some reading on fascism, may I suggest Umberto Eco's "Ur-Fascism" he talks about the universal traits that fascism share, so you can get a real definition of it.

I'm not going to say that islamo fascists don't exist, so do christofascists for that matter, but to state that anything but a very small splinter group of environmentalists (if at all) could be considered a fascist is laughable. It probably indicates that an individual is simply using it as a negative label for things they don't understand.

Go ahead. Neocons have the shoulders and can handle it, unlike the others who can't stand criticism of any kind.

Please, neoconservatism is all about silencing disent and is notoriously thin skinned, It's where we go such classic phrases as "Freedom Fries" (also known as waaaaah they didn't agree with us fries) and "Why do you hate America?" (also known as WHY THE HELL DO YOU KEEP ASKING INVCONVENIENT QUESTIONS)
 o4
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/25/2008 7:58:17 PM

"Why do you hate America?" (also known as WHY THE HELL DO YOU KEEP ASKING INVCONVENIENT QUESTIONS)

If you were American, I might just care. So, what's up with Canadian politics????
 geeleebee
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2008 8:12:53 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What I hate are those blanket statements that are pure vitriole and no substance.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/25/2008 8:45:37 PM
I stopped by this Political Forum out of curiosity one day.
Paused to take a peek.
Stayed for the
Got thirsty,
Came back for the
Passed out and been here ever since.

Might be surprised as to who has met who outside of this virtual reality format
Hint: Neocons and Democrats do mix.
 ronjo58
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/26/2008 5:10:30 AM
Is it true that opposites attract? I think it has to do more with chemistry than political affiliation. I have many friends that are from all walks of life. I take people on a one on one basis. Unless they are a total ass, I like most people I meet. Of course I was born in rural White County Tennessee, where people used to sit on their front porch and wave as you go by. My Mother was an angel on earth. She never turned anyone away that came to her in need. One thing I will say about the folks of her time and place. If you did not have a Christian belief and live it everyday, you would not be elected for anything. That was true for Democrats and Republicans.
MG what a wonderful post you did about American Presidencial races. It is a shame that a lot of americans don't research or even watch the history channel. You put us to shame sometimes with your knowledge of american history.
I think law abiding Americans are all good people who have a right to their opinions.
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/26/2008 5:39:06 AM

If you were American, I might just care. So, what's up with Canadian politics????

Thanks for making my point. Ignore the substance, point out my nationality as if it is somehow relevant.
 Slowride_
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/26/2008 10:11:35 AM

I hate Bush and his administration too, but with some exceptions I consider most of his supporters victims (as we all are, IMO) rather than just bad people, worth hating themselves. I just don't want to see that kind of malice in so many people--they must be befuddled, rather than actually evil. Right?

Hate is a pretty strong word, the polar opposite of love. There's only one person in existence that I truly hate. But there are quite a few that I despise. Bush and his cronies I truly despise, and I am getting that way with the folks in McCain's campaign that are perpetrating a fraud on the voting citizens of this country with misinformation, lies, and ridiculous innuendo in their TV ads. Now one of the billionaire's responsible for funding the swiftboating of Kerry just pushed a pile of his money into the arena to go after Obama.

As for the Pubs, everyone is entitled to their opinions and the right to express them, that's what makes this country great. I dislike a lot of folks on both sides of the aisle that regurgitate the misinformation that they are presented with without doing anything to verify its authenticity.

This campaign should be about issues and what direction our country is going with the next president. Those that can only function on the National Enquirer level as far as making a decision about the next president, I feel sorry for. Those that are feeding and manipulating them, I despise.
 CommanderJman
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/26/2008 10:32:58 AM
I do not believe Democrats and Republicans hate each other. They are actually quite similar. Modern day Republicans have accepted many leftist ideas and only make a few minor changes. Democrats want to achieve leftist goals at once. Republicans object to doctrines of the left at first, then they eventually cave in.
 Slowride_
Msg: 47
Posted: 8/26/2008 10:41:51 AM

Wow, where did the kinder gentler O4 go? That comment is about perspective. The far right and the far left both seem intolerant of the others opinions, how they shoulder those opinions is their own personal drama. I know liberals and conservatives that can take anything you can dish out and not take it personally, and I know those from both sides that have a meltdown if their Starbucks latte's don't have enough foam.
 ronjo58
Msg: 48
Posted: 8/26/2008 6:01:05 PM

(Republican Administrations = War/Fear of War) VS. (Democrat Administrations = Time For Change, Freedom and the Reclamation of America's "Prosperity")
1 = Democrats NO WAR
2 = Republicans WAR

Try these on for facts:
1953-61 Eisenhower
1961-63 kennedy
1963-1969 Johnson
1969-74 Nixon
74-77 Ford
77-81 carter
81-89 reagan
89-93 bush sr
93-2001 clinton
2001-2008 bush jr
Operation Ajax, US overthrow of Iranian Government, 1953
Operation PBSUCCESS, Guatemala, 1954
Bay of Pigs Invasion, Cuba, 1961
Operation Powerpack, Dominican Republic, 1965 - 1966
Korean War, 1950 - 1953
United States overthrow of Guatemalan Government, 1907-1933
Operation Blue Bat, Lebanon, 1958
United States Intervention at Panama Canal, 1958
Vietnam War, 1962 - 1973
United States Occupation of Laos, 1962 - 1973
United States Intervention at Panama Canal, 1964
Cambodian Civil War, 1969 - 1970
United States Overthrow of Chilean Government, 1964
Turkish invasion of Cyprus, 1974
Operation Eagle Claw, Iran hostage crisis, 1980
First Gulf of Sidra Incident, Libya, 1981
Contra War, El Salvador, 1981-1990
Occupation of Beirut, Lebanon, 1982-1984
Invasion of Grenada, Grenada, 1983-1984
Operation El Dorado Canyon, Libya, 1986
Iran–Iraq War, 1987 - 1989
Operation Just Cause, Panama 1989 - 1990
Second Gulf of Sidra Incident, Libya, 1989
Persian Gulf War, Iraq, 1991
Operation Desert Shield, 1991
Operation Desert Storm, 1991
Somali Civil War, 1992 - 1994
Operation Provide Relief, 1992
Operation Restore Hope, 1992 - 1994
Yugoslav wars, 1994 - 1999
Bosnian Conflict, 1994 - 1995
Kosovo Conflict, 1997 - 1999
 exodusi1
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2008 6:07:27 PM
Please find the "Right Dossier" asap.

I have NO intention of reading the same cut and paste post that you have placed in ten threads. You are wasting everyone's time!

Nice response Ronjo. . .

Hey, it just takes a troll, aparently, to bring D & R together. . .
 exodusi1
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2008 6:28:29 PM
I would hazzard a guess that while earning my degrees I did a little research. . .

I don't care what your opinion is, you are free to express yourself. . . But posting the same ridiculous diatribe in ten threads is against forum policy. Debate is fine, but NO ONE will take you serious if you don't act like an adult.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Do Democrats and Republicans really hate eachother?