Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How do men feel about women with silver hair?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 michealc1959
Msg: 208
How do men feel about women with silver hair?Page 15 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
i think its kinda sexy myself
 ronnie12398
Msg: 209
How do men feel about women with silver hair?
Posted: 8/10/2011 2:43:37 PM
i think it looks great if that is what you want why not, who really cares what others say about it. That is there problem not yours be proud and hold your head high.
 590college
Msg: 210
Posted: 8/10/2011 9:44:18 PM
I told another lady, that to me it is, like not wearing makeup, so would you do that i believe it is the same principle
 sixfootman
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2011 9:29:36 AM
I'm a graphic designer and I see grey as another valuable colour.

Another way to see it is that grey means experience while dying is lying.

You may need to take some care on your hair style as older hair may become a little thinner. Short haircuts may look better than long wispy hair. It's the same for men.

I have seen many European women with short grey hair and slim bodies and the look good. Especially if they are with an elderly guy. It's just not fashionable in Britain and maybe America. But then style beats fashion any day.
 enamored
Msg: 212
Posted: 8/11/2011 10:48:16 AM
Women with siver hair are Hot!
Of course everyone wants to keep looking young - but - as long as you look your best, it is better to be natural.
Women tend to like men with hair - (except for the ones that say I look great with my shved head) - but they all hate men with hair pieces! (anyone ever wear them anymore?)
 M.Warturz
Msg: 213
Posted: 8/11/2011 2:20:33 PM
I've never been with a women with silver hair but I have seen a few who were very attractive. Ednough to where I was getting aroused just looking at them, But I did not think they would indulge me in my fantasy because I was too young, you know what I mean? So I as a man I said that to say this, If I am asked that ? personally I would def date a silver haired women.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 214
Posted: 8/12/2011 8:54:03 PM
Shouldn't matter on men or women. I've been silver/gray/whatever since I was 22.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 215
Posted: 8/12/2011 8:54:25 PM
Those peeps be weird.
 RUsickofkissingfrogs
Msg: 216
Posted: 8/14/2011 3:42:37 AM
At this time I do seem to shy away from women with silver hair.

Although I am a fan of Touch of Gray for Men..(hey..tough out there being single...lol)...

Seriously I do find myself not being attracted to women with silver hair. Not sure why because I know some women with a heart of gold that have silver hair.....Maybe because if I accept them...I except me getting older........ding ding ding....answered my own quesiton and save me $200 a hour and a trip to the couch!.....lol
 MsMicki
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2011 10:18:45 AM

.....Maybe because if I accept them...I except me getting older........ding ding ding....answered my own quesiton and save me $200 a hour and a trip to the couch!.....lol

First honest answer I've seen here!!
Ridiculous in rationale.....but at least honest!
 RUsickofkissingfrogs
Msg: 218
Posted: 8/14/2011 11:57:13 AM
Hey Micki....(and Sadie)....lol....

Your a hoot!
 Silver-Dove
Msg: 219
Posted: 8/14/2011 1:28:14 PM
At 66 I just let my hair grow out to natural - kinda salt & pepper. I, too, wonder if men see it as a lack of caring. Like I got sloppy. Or if it just makes me older and they want arm candy.

But truth is, I was never a Barbie Doll high maintenance kinda woman anyhow. Always been ore au natural. the only thing I did was color my hair.

Bottom line is, some will car and it might be a turn off, some will like it, and others won't care!
 rafaelvannik
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2011 6:12:27 PM
I can only speak for myself, but I love it!

With nice hair, and a good cut/style, (and maybe just a little tweaking on the color), gray hair can be pretty attractive! There are a couple of ladies on my commuter train with very gorgeous hair which just happens to be gray.

My mom is totally white haired, and at 75 she is a real babe!

Gray hair is farpreferable to that "old lady red"--you know the one I mean, that has the color of red Christmas paper and shows no variation at all. That will make anyone look terrible.

I always said that a woman never really gets totally attractive until she has at least SOME gray in her hair. I am sure a lot of guys will agree with me on all this.
 femaleandflirty
Msg: 221
Posted: 8/14/2011 6:20:43 PM
Silver hair can just be platinum blonde but the streaked salt and pepper is definitely ageing and why not put a pretty colour through your hair? After all we wear cosmetics and like to dressy fashionably, most of us. Exercise and eat right etc.... Men are visual creatures and in the main prefer younger women..
 phill34
Msg: 222
Posted: 8/19/2011 10:58:55 PM
ive been noticing where ever i go ive been having more luck with mature,older women then younger,dont know why that is. so been thinking on it well i must say admit that i like,perfer mature,older women,with silver hair,which ever is their natural hair color,its gorgious when natural is what i like ;) :). hope this helped out

take care everyone

best of luck to everyone in finding
there fish.
 phill34
Msg: 223
Posted: 8/20/2011 1:08:28 AM
thank you mz taken for information. hope life is treating you good?
 MsMicki
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2011 7:05:56 PM

and why not put a pretty colour through your hair?

Silver is a pretty color!!

Men are visual creatures and in the main prefer younger women.

Contrary to popular belief......dying your hair does not make you younger.
 chakita2001
Msg: 225
Posted: 8/21/2011 2:57:51 AM
i found it unique that anyone even asked,i have always felt that person had a special gift,
 whytwater
Msg: 226
Posted: 8/21/2011 5:20:52 AM

Silver is a pretty color!!

God, I hope you're right- It's my only shot. lol

Contrary to popular belief......dying your hair does not make you younger.

Now, there's a reality check. Lol But it gets softened, or covered up, or "whitewashed" for a while, if it makes one feel sexier, more attractive, in a word, "younger" looking. Maybe it's just the added power to attract potential lovers that motivates those who "color".
I like hair (on a woman's head, maybe falling down her shoulders, or pony-tailed and bobbing when she jogs, lol), but more to touch than just gawk at. Hair treatments, dyes and perms and teases and such, take the softness out of it, ime. And some of that stuff actually stinks.
It's all a trade-off, to dye or not, but there are some of us that would rather touch than stare, and for those, soft is way better.
 vapeninsula
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2011 11:02:10 AM
It's actually sexy on some women, and I don't really have a problems with it. I think hair styling is more important than color. I notice a lot of older women cutting their hair too short to look almost like a man's haircut. This only looks good on some women, but not most. Most probably do it for ease of care, but maybe they should reconsider.
 smokincigars
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2011 10:49:31 PM
If it looks good on you and you like it, nothing else matters. I'd rather see a woman who wears her silver hair well than one who looks like she's trying too hard to deny getting older.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 229
Posted: 8/27/2011 12:12:00 AM
Mz Micki - I (we) gave you a solid 7 on the tingle-ometer.
Rock on !!
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 230
Posted: 1/17/2012 6:08:24 AM
To those that say dying your hair won't make you appear younger I counter with a most of the times it does. It also states that you have not thrown in the towel. You do care about your appearance. To those that don't dye: Are you now only wearing sweats since they are so comfortable? Do you now not shave your legs? Pits? Upper lip? Other areas?
 BrookfieldGentlemanTom
Msg: 231
Posted: 1/17/2012 6:24:56 AM
just being honest here:

TO ME, silver or gray hair means old.

i prefer a woman who colors her hair if it grays ..

no gray roots showing.

but that's just me. i'm 59. maybe i'm in the minority.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2012 12:25:34 PM
I didn't see anyone saying dyeing your hair wouldn't make you APPEAR younger ... they were saying dyeing your hair won't make you BE younger!

I have generally chosen to NOT dye my hair, perm it, use a hair dryer, bleach my hair, use caustic shampoos, solutions, etc. ... and maybe ... just MAYBE ... as a result, altho I'm older than most people posting, my hair is still its natural light reddish brown color ...

as a kid, I was outdoors a lot (being sort of a tom-boy) and my hair was naturally streaked with blonde from the sun ... I LIKED my hair that coppery alburn color with blonde streaks! sadly, succumbing to the advice of physicians, I've not been out in the direct sunlight as much in the past decade or so, resulting in no blonde streaks ...

when I look at me with all this un-streaked hair, I look like someone else ... and it's depressing ... I don't like looking like someone else ... so I've taken to paying a beautician to artificially put blonde highlights in my hair ... the bleach and color never touches my scalp so doesn't damage the hair folicles ... that's my justification!

highlights in my hair does NOT make me younger ... doubt it even makes me LOOK younger! but it makes me happy! if I'm happy, I'm smiling more ... if I'm smiling more, I probably look a letter better ... well, not scary anyway ...

shrug ... works for me ... as for throwing in the towel ... what hogwash!! ... I enjoy doing things that make me happy ... it makes me happy to wear jeans so I wear jeans ... IF it made me happy to wear sweats, I'd do that, too ... life is NOT ALL about attracting a man! the man I'm looking for would want me to be happy with myself! even if that meant wearing jeans or sweats ...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How do men feel about women with silver hair?