Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How do men feel about women with silver hair?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nativerock
Msg: 76
How do men feel about women with silver hair?Page 4 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
I like it on most men and also on some women.. It really depends for the woman what color gray it is.. Some have gorgeous almost white hair.. Me I have no idea what color mine is anymore..

nativerock
 MsMicki
Msg: 77
view profile
History
How do men feel about women with silver hair?
Posted: 2/23/2011 6:23:02 PM

but I do admit, I do think grey hair 'ages' a person,

I am always guessed at being at least 5 years younger than I am.....
so that theory just got shot to hell!
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/25/2011 9:32:04 AM
Must admit I don't like the silver hair. Only a couple of women that had white hair looked good to me. JMO. When mine starts to really turn I will probably do what I feel I need to do.
 whytwater
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/25/2011 10:47:36 AM

I don't like the silver hair. Only a couple of women that had white hair looked good to me. JMO. When mine starts to really turn I will probably do what I feel I need to do.

Mine turned, uhh, platinum, totally, before I hit 40, probably cuz I scared the beejeeezuz outta myself, more than a few times. Lol.
But, it seemed to add a little credibility, and at 40, even afterwards, I needed all of that I could muster up.
Never felt the need to do anything to it for turning, except wash it.
I do like color on humans, whether it be hair, eyes, sometimes ink, but I don't shy away from anyone because the hair is white (bluish might frighten me a lil, lol). I guess my definition of old, and young, and doable, has little to do with the color of the hair.
And I've never sensed that any woman has shied away from me because of the color of my hair, and if they judged me, it was for something quite different. Sooooo, fair is fair.
I saw a woman with long, curly hair, brown and steel grey equally intermixed, in an airport a few years ago. She was on the floor, playing with her 5-year old twin daughters. She was very attractive, to me. 'Course, she had the body of , like, a 19-year old.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/25/2011 12:43:19 PM
I've seen some people that look great with grey or silver hair and
others that didn't look good at all. I think it depends on the person
and the hair. On some people it's aging...on others not so much.

I'd guess hair color and looks would be a preference just like anything
else.
 thetrick123
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/25/2011 2:25:00 PM
From what I have seen posted by the males chiming in, its a "GO" for the natural look (grey) versus dying ones hair. Personally I let my natural color come through and the only parts that turn gret are sorta from the crown on down the back of my head and its a rather scattered greying..not all over. It truly looks silly, so I dye my hair once now and then when my Mother or Sister start making comments about it. One day I will stop dying it.
 DaytonDennis
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2011 9:05:40 AM
thetrick - you look mahvalous with your hair colored as it is. I tried to picture you with grey/silver hair and must say I think you would look much better as you are right now.

Thats the rub here with this thread. I HAVE seen ladies that looked great with grey/silver hair and then again, those who I thought looked much older that way. It depends very much on the person. Nothing wrong with coloring hair or cosmetic surgery for that matter if you think/BELIEVE it makes you look more attractive.

If you feel it makes you look "unnatural" don't do it. I do find it curious that some ladies who are adamently against coloring hair, still use lots of make-up. If you are "truly natural" than why alter anything? :-) No offense intended, it's just that we are all different creatures as far as what we find or don't find attractive.

If you want to go/stay silver, go for it!
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/28/2011 4:44:41 AM
I remember a school reunion about ten years ago when one woman with all white hair arrived. Except for her hair she looked 30. With her hair she looked 60+. She was around 45 at the time.
 PlatonicISfineTOO
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/28/2011 9:53:46 AM
are we talking silver, or gray ? there is a diff-- If a woman doesn't care, I surely don't care either--what is odd is that women even over forty have long school girl 'do's" like with bangs, or have long--ish hair down their backs like they are 20 something--most times it looks inappropriate and hardly atylish---like wearing trendy clothes marketed for young young women in the Juniors department-- hair color and hair style are individual components for a certain desired 'look'-- on balance, gray hair seems to wash out the faces of most women,, no matter the age-- I don't find it particularly attractive, like a woman over 45 with 5 inch spikes wearing a micro mini and a lingerie-looking top or middriff.....sort of unappealing on balance
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/28/2011 11:31:01 AM
I love the look you reject.
 whytwater
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/28/2011 12:00:59 PM

I remember a school reunion about ten years ago when one woman with all white hair arrived. Except for her hair she looked 30. With her hair she looked 60+. She was around 45 at the time.

Lol. Almost every woman, at forty-five, is RIPE!!!
Shyt, if white adds 15, even 30 years, I must look like a 90-something. There must have been a reunion or two since then- did she cave later and color it again?
Next time, talk to the lady. Find out how she thinks. Ask her if she has an ipod touch in her purse. If she says yes, jump on her, because she's 1) very much alive, and 2) almost surely moves with the music, and those are the finest kind. jmho
 jsphn11
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/28/2011 1:32:34 PM
I don't have grey hair, but I still color it. Just to change from my natural color. Why wouldn’t I do it if I had grey?
 33gupie33
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2011 7:07:06 PM
I for one do not like ( cotton tops ) (smile ) at any age . It doen not matter if they are male or female.......do not let your hair go grey or silver. I thinkt that another thing women do not realize that at a certain age, hair should never drop to shoulder length or below.
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/28/2011 7:34:24 PM
I thinkt that another thing women do not realize that at a certain age, hair should never drop to shoulder length or below

I don't think men in their 60's should show their obvious man boobs! ^^

Grey or silver hair - whatever floats your boat.

Meh...
 oaklandish
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2011 10:31:46 PM
I have good genes and my hair is still 97% brown even at my age. I wear it long and curly and have no plans to change it when it goes gray or when I turn 60. I don't wear my hair in a style to please anyone but myself. And no one can say what is the "rule" there are NO rules.

Personally I hate seeing people's roots growing out- unless someone ( men included as many of them dye their hair now) is going to dye it every week or so it will look tacky. I don't want to be bothered with that. I have lots of friends who are gray and still manage to be loved.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/28/2011 10:33:03 PM
...I attended a singles dance on Saturday and one of the ladies seated at our table had the most beautiful silver grey hair....and with her light grey eyes she looked amazing. If I could look like that I'd go silver in a heart beat.

...mae
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/1/2011 4:55:42 AM
She has never been to another reunion.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2011 2:11:00 PM
I agree 100% with the comments made by Oaklandish in her 1st paragraph ...

I'm far older than most of you and I wear my hair however it suits ME! it's usually long ... sometimes very long ... occasionally, I have it cut and donate it to Locks of Love ... some days, I wear my hair long and naturally curled ... some days, I brush it out so it's straight ... most days, it's pulled back ... right now, it's on top of my head with curls spilling everywhere ...

if / when my hair goes silver, I suspect I'll cherish those little silver threads ... if they make me FEEL washed out or washed up ... I'll dye 'em ... my hair, my look, my choice ...

there are sure a lot of people with ginormous egos if they think they have the right to tell anyone ELSE how to wear / color their hair ...
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/2/2011 5:25:24 PM
If you have a great face or hot bod under that silver hair,
it will look great.
:-P
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2011 7:33:44 PM
We're not talking actual silver here, are we? That could be interesting. Of course, it would leave dark streaks on my pillows.
Really, since hair color is so easy to change, I don't care too much. I do find that it's not the hair COLOR that matters so much, it's how one wears it. Some hair styles seem to scream the wrong message (from a romantic standpoint). If someone's hair STYLE reminds me too much of the lunchroom lady from grade school, I might have a hard time thinking of her as a potential mate.
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2011 8:11:33 PM
I thinkt that another thing women do not realize that at a certain age, hair should never drop to shoulder length or below.

I seriouslybeg to differ. Even if a woman's hair is silver: to me long hair is beautiful on any woman.

...I attended a singles dance on Saturday and one of the ladies seated at our table had the most beautiful silver grey hair....and with her light grey eyes she looked amazing. If I could look like that I'd go silver in a heart beat.

Gee Mae, you'd look attractive with any hair color.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/3/2011 6:35:02 PM

Gee Mae, you'd look attractive with any hair color.

...And I think I tried most of them too. One thing I would like to find out for myself......Do blondes "really" have more fun?

Thank-you btw.

...mae
 whytwater
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/4/2011 11:11:23 AM

Just because there might be some "dust on the bottle"........doesn't mean the contents of the bottle can't still knock your socks off

Great song, as were several David Lee Murphy did. Why is it that words sung seem so much wiser, better, loftier? He doesn't even have any grey/white/silver/platinum strands on him. lol
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/5/2011 6:47:18 PM
Iffin white hair is what makes you *feel* old, I'd posit that you likely ARE old, no matter how many years you have. I started going white in my thirties, colored it off and on for a decade or so, and let it go natural in my mid-forties. Gotten more compliments from friends and strangers since than I had in my whole previous life.

Don't intend to cut it above shoulder level, either.

[Some peeps need to stop listening to their great aunties, lol!]

MsMicki
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2011 9:42:53 PM
I completely agree wooby!
I went grey in my early 20's......far from "old"!!
And now, working on 50 and a head full of white hair......I feel sexier than ever, am strong of mind and body and the only thing "old" about me might be my taste in music!!
The color of my hair has never "defined" me before........why should it now?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How do men feel about women with silver hair?