Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How do men feel about women with silver hair?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 101
How do men feel about women with silver hair?Page 5 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)

where's the silver hair? Heh..

...Don't go there *shaking her finger at pingshooter*

Lots of varing opinions on women's hair. Never listened to anyone before and probably won't. I kinda like my hair just the way it is...

...mae
 foffeefifo
Msg: 102
How do men feel about women with silver hair?
Posted: 3/8/2011 12:58:22 AM
ahh men, did they draw nigh unto their grandmothers and watch her unpin long, heavy hanks coiled atop her head like a wreath of Eolus's heaven, a tumbling, a torrent, a tempest unleashed in wild uproar?? what do men know of this?

I come from a time most here can't remember, times where my grandmothers sat before low, eyelet lace edged vanities with triple mirrors, silver trays with tortoise combs they would release from their upswept hair dos divinely fair to allow me to brush out their flowing grey locks with boar's hair bristles.

My great grandmother would close her eyes and lift her chin, the network of lines around her eyes relaxing and smoothing, she'd hum contentedly in a sean nos drone, unrhythmic often meaningless groupings of syllables strung out like dried corn stalks in a searing field, the gaelic totally incomprehensible to me.

Nothing was more enchanting, charming, quieting, serene than standing above these little warrior women, with their hair in my hands, the sheer beauty of all that silver breaking over their shoulders and down their backs like rivers of mercury. I'd go past the requisite 100 strokes until they wanted me to move onto plaiting a soft braid before kissing them gently on powdery cheeks.

Such a lovely memory to cherish, this simplicity of grooming, gathering locks into long bands that I would relax after their long days of cooking over cast iron stoves, to hold what was always referred to as their "crowning glory" in my fingers, I could peel away the destruction of the years and almost see them in their vibrant youthfulness, I doubt I ever felt closer to any other humans on this planet except for my own babies.

Never denegrate the beauty of almost a full yard of silver hair, a yard of herstory, a yard that knew her before you did, it still holds the memory of her beauty in the last inches, the faded last breath of brown or black barely there, archiving those last precious remnants of her victories, sorrows, triumphs, defeats.
 MsMicki
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2011 10:37:06 AM
A Philly Cheesesteak and green beer.....
Now that is what I call a great date!

Great post FOF!!
Made me think .......I used to put my hair up in a bun all the time......
but now that it's all white....I shy away from doing so because it seems like
an "old" thing to do!
Things that make you go hmmmmmm!
 foffeefifo
Msg: 104
Posted: 3/9/2011 6:12:39 PM
ms.micki i gots me a feeling you would even look great bald!!!!

you could do that Kate Hepburn thing, smoosh-woosh out the bulk of the hair so it is a full halo surrounding your face, not pull it back tight, leaving a big clump of hair on the top of your head.

yep, sure was hard to admit i'm just not up to it. i shoulda shown up here 10 years ago!!! lol
 MsMicki
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2011 9:31:39 PM
oh, that's my "at home" look.....but haven't tried it out on the public yet! LOL

let's hope I don't have to try out the bald thing!
But that might be just as liberating as the letting the hair go white is!
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2011 7:10:18 PM
I LOVE "silver" (gray) hair! -- on OTHER women!
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 107
Posted: 3/11/2011 7:28:08 AM
Some women look great in grey/silver/white hair just like some guys do. It has alot to do with weather the grey/silver/white matches your skin tones and the quality and quantity of your hair. I see some women wearing a hair a colour that is in style ( red lately ) but does not really suit them. Just like we should pick our clothing based on our skin tones if we want to look our best we should also chose wisely in our choice of hair colour and style....or in my case not really care and just accept and be happy and with what I have left. For many of us men the best way to wear our hair ( or the lack of ) is in a hat.
 foffeefifo
Msg: 108
Posted: 3/11/2011 9:21:51 AM
us women do that hat thang too Paddy...with wide brims that add a nice deep shadow into which the forehead and eye wrinkles get swallowed up, camoflauging 10 years of lines...works like a charm

p.s. my chin hairs are coming in silver now too for a nice total coordinated effect
 itechman63
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2011 9:07:03 AM
What would I think about a woman with silver hair? That our heads match.
 12phoenix
Msg: 110
Posted: 3/14/2011 1:04:48 PM
I have had "silver" hair since I was 25 years old.
I get lots of compliments on hair.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so if you don't like silver hair don't look at me.
People are sooooooo superficial.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 111
Posted: 3/14/2011 1:11:45 PM

What is superficial about having likes and dislikes?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
That doesn't mean people who don't behold you are
superficial?
 Laha Math
Msg: 112
Posted: 3/14/2011 4:37:21 PM
As a random sample of one I'd definitely be blown away by silver hair, given the price of silver these days. I think OP means grey hair, or possibly white hair. And I don't feel much about it either way as it's not a big part of a woman's attraction. A young woman can have lovely soft flowing dark hair and maybe an older woman misses that but it makes little difference to me. There are more important things which can catch the eye and hold attention, like posture, attitude, and intelligence. Having written that I confess to shaving the beard when it turned grey and made me look older, but let it grow back for the lower maintenance. Vanity, all is vanity.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/14/2011 6:16:43 PM
I have to say browneyesboo you look maavelous in the witchyboo hat and the silver or is it purple hair - grey hair may just suit you.
 tangayika
Msg: 114
Posted: 3/18/2011 5:28:30 PM
Grey/silver hair has never been an issue for me. It depends on how you present yourself. The only hair colour a lady has to be weary about is dying your hair jet black! Same for guys. We just don't look good with black hair after a certain age....like a guy wearing a cheap toupee!

The things we cannot buy to improve our looks are class and style. You either have them or you don't. Looks too, but if you have class, style and personality, you can still wing it.
 GingersnapWA2
Msg: 115
Posted: 3/18/2011 8:55:57 PM
Since the women in my family don't 'go silver' but get an ugly faded orange look in the later years, I plan to be like my grandma and stay a redhead till I'm 80!
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/18/2011 11:41:54 PM
^^I'm going to stay blonde until the day I die.

JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/19/2011 9:10:59 AM

I think someone liking or not liking silver/grey hair goes alot deeper than just being "superficial." Silver hair is usually associated with old age, and grandparents, and senior citizens, etc. etc. I, personally, find gray hair a huge turn off because in my mind, it connotates 'old' and 'grandfatherly.' There's just a huge 'ick' factor in it for me.

Call me superficial all you want. Believe it or not, I'll still sleep just fine at night.
 whytwater
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/19/2011 2:15:19 PM

I'm going to stay blonde until the day I die.

Yeah, me, too. Wouldn't wanna ick out any Jersey peeps.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 119
Posted: 3/19/2011 2:20:49 PM
There comes a point when someone looks worse when they are obviously trying to cover up thier age by artificial means. You can only put so many coats of paint on an old barn door before it just looks like an old barn door with too many coats of paint on it. They may fool the casual onlooker from a distance but the ones that have an up close and personal view can always see through the deception.

This fits in nicely with the tread about some women wearing too much make up or possible another about when it is time to stop with the plastic surgury
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 120
Posted: 3/19/2011 3:16:09 PM

You can only put so many coats of paint on an old barn door before it just looks like an old barn door with too many coats of paint on it

I think that old barn door looks way better with fresh paint than all worn and chipped and faded.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/19/2011 3:28:44 PM

You can only put so many coats of paint on an old barn door before it just looks like an old barn door with too many coats of paint on it. They may fool the casual onlooker from a distance but the ones that have an up close and personal view can always see through the deception.

Some of the flabby old stallions looking at those old barn doors up close don't look any better. It doesn't mean they should be shot down.
 MsMicki
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2011 5:31:38 PM

I think that old barn door looks way better with fresh paint than all worn and chipped and faded.

Excuse me........but I am far from worn, chipped or faded......tyvm.
I can just about guarantee you I get far more messages complimenting me on my "unpainted" white hair than you do on your "painted" blond hair......from men and women both!
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 123
Posted: 3/19/2011 6:22:15 PM
^^Oh Ms Micki, I wasn't referring to YOU as an old barn Or any women, for that matter.
I wasn't actually talking about hair colour per se. I guess I meant generally keeping up appearances.
Sorry. I can see how you're not a mind reader.
PS I'm sure you get heaps more messages.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 124
Posted: 3/19/2011 6:46:19 PM

Excuse me........but I am far from worn, chipped or faded......tyvm.
I can just about guarantee you I get far more messages complimenting me on my "unpainted" white hair than you do on your "painted" blond hair......from men and women both.

Owie!! I may have missed something, but I so don't see where this was a personal attack. Personally? I have gray hair and I can't stand it. It's not viewable, at all, thank God for my natural color that hides the one spot where it chooses to reside. I have been told it's "nice" that I don't color, but for me? I'd rather NOT see it.

~OT~ My SO is stunning. He has gray at the temples. And yet? There is a difference between us. He looks "distinguished" and if mine showed? I'd look old. It's pretty simple. There is a double standard here. No matter what anyone says. It's a cosmetic/gender difference. I'm OK with this, for the moment. If it begins to bother me, seriously? Mine will disappear. Nothing personal to those who prefer to keep their hair gray, but it does make one look older ~ I'm not ready to go "graceful into the night." But that's just me.
 MsMicki
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2011 6:53:12 PM
Thanx for the clarification......cuz that sure read like only women that dye their hair are "fresh"...and us white haired wenches look worn!
(and no, I did not think you meant just "me" personally....but women with grey hair in general)

To each their own.....but I will repeat......Damn it's nice not to have to worry about roots and touch ups and the color coming out right!
I'll also admit I'm very lucky that my grey/silver/white hair (cuz I got all 3)
is a nice vibrant shade.

And for those that insist it makes someone look older......I am absolutely never guessed to be 48 years old. It may not be a guess of alot of years younger....but it is always younger. Never once has someone guessed me to be older than I am.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How do men feel about women with silver hair?