Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Is love dead?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rustytraveler
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Is love dead?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
It's a year later and nothing much has changed here since posting my cry in the dark angst to the moon.

Noturaverage1:

Whatever happened to just being there, feeling good and letting it play out to wherever it happens to go?
Nothing has happened to this! People with that capacity can be found any and every where.

Dang, I've really gotta move or lose 6 -10 yrs, cause Catholic countries aren't doing diddly for me . Could it be moi ? Probably =-/... The ever verbal realist, randy, over weight and finding my jowls resting on my chest , competing with the east block flood of the young stilettoed , promising eternal subservience until the green card comes thru ;-)....or maybe being someones extramarital on the side has lost some of its glamor? Sigh.......

It's a pond issue or I just need to pack up my dance card, get a face lift, starve and head back to a place where people my age actually get a divorce when things go sour .
Ahh those trade offs can be so annoying.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 42
Is love dead?
Posted: 1/20/2009 2:17:40 AM
Rusty, lol! I think it *may* be a location issue, to a degree. . . . My four years in China, pretty much limited to a relatively small expat community resulted in my marrying a local guy 16 years younger than me. . . . And I'd just turned 40. So maybe the relocation idea isn't such a bad idea. . . . You could move over to Greece, and see what happens. . . .

Good luck!!

canyunflyer
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Is love dead?
Posted: 1/20/2009 3:53:21 AM
Though we like to ask these kinds of questions that are not questions... of course we allready know the answers. A resounding, NO. I understand and empathize with what you and others are feeling. I feel it too. But our personal little anecdotal experiences have nothing to do with the magnananimity of something like Love. I see a lot of projecting that goes on in things like these forums. Projecting our personal experiences onto things and people in general. I would caution: beware of villianizing all men... or all women. No matter what our terrible experiences have been. Remember the famous quote (think it was from a famous naval officer?) " I have seen the enemy, and it is us"

I'll share a little personal insight from the mind of a 63 year old man. Yes, I still tend to think in terms of younger women. The numbers keep rising relative to my age... but, yes....usually at least, somewhat younger. Yes, I still fantasize about a beautiful 42 yr old falling for me. I tend to look at the profiles of women in their 50's. You women can call it what you like. It seems to be something built into us. However: we are fully awares at the same time that a partner our age would be just damn great. We know this. You would be wise to accept this valuable information and see it as a challenge rather than a flaw in us. If you believe you are a wonderful partner possibility for us, then tell us darn it. In spite of our inherent dumbness we need to hear this. But I warn you: don't do it with any sarcasm, cynicism or contempt in your behaviors. If you do, you will be writing more posts asking why men your age don't seem to want anything to do with you. We may not like the notion, but we do have to sell ourselves.... just like any good product. Perhaps a little poster I saw hanging in a local tavern really says it all. On a park bench sits a skeleton of a woman in a now ragged and tattered dress: the caption reads: "waiting for Mr. Right"
 Brownlady1953
Msg: 44
Is love dead?
Posted: 1/20/2009 9:50:22 AM
First things first.

If I could just fine "like" and "mutual respect", we could work on the "love" thing....
 rustytraveler
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Is love dead?
Posted: 1/20/2009 10:19:28 AM
Don't ya know Wooby .... some place warmer would definitely be an improvement .....these winters seem to get longer every year and the men scarcer... or is that younger and less experienced?

Course with Obama inhouse as of today, maybe the States can gain back some of it's long lost luster .... she's kinda like me at the moment, a little woebegone, rode long and hard, wore out and put up wet....but there may still be a little gallop left in the old girl yet.... shall we try for Karmic Renewal Version #743?

Back at ya darlin'
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 46
Is love dead?
Posted: 1/21/2009 8:36:26 PM
Rusty ~~ karmic renewal on the way, lol!

Remember the famous quote (think it was from a famous naval officer?) " I have seen the enemy, and it is us"

Walt Kelly's most famous creation is "Pogo" and his most famous phrase is "We have met the enemy and he is us," a rallying cry for a generation of conservationists.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/49/Pogo_-_Earth_Day_1971_poster.jpg

c_deacon
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Is love dead?
Posted: 1/22/2009 9:35:31 AM
And does this not mean that you did not call him for 10 days either?????..........

Things come up, family situations take priority, work, etc., and dates will be interrupted, but do they have to be canceled? Would it not be in your best interest, as well as his, to understand that life happens, and you would like to make that date happen as well, so here are some other possibilities?

This is a two way street, and we are not little children needing a crossing guard get across that street....... We are certainly mature enough to make sure that dating and relationships are as equal as possible. How hard would it have been to offer him two other times that you were free to make sure that the date COULD happen????

How difficult is it to pick up your cell phone and text him a message that you were thinking about him and looking forward to seeing each other soon? How hard would it be to email him and tell him that it would be a pleasure to make his life easier by inviting him over for a nice dinner and some conversation about what your perceptions are compared to his, and maybe the both of you find some reality?

This has little to do with love, and much more to do with understanding one another, and believing deep down, that what you want is an equal opportunity relationship.....

Life is to short to play all these courting games on both sides, and what does love have to do with that in the first place........is that not the part that comes much later if lucky?

Just my opinion........
 kpooks
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Is love dead?
Posted: 1/23/2009 12:22:36 PM
"Love" means many things to many people. Within the context of a sexual relationship, however, when it comes to sex...we know what we like and don't like (sometimes). I agree, mentally, if two people are the same age, it helps as far as life experience, musical tastes, world history and what not. But, when it comes to sex, well, sex seems to be largely superficial, and we know what we like and don't like. Sucks but that's the way it seems to be.

So...in your case, rusty, since you seem to form the most emotional connection with a guy your age but the ones attracted to you are either older or younger, I can only suggest multiple "mates", a same-age guy as a really great friend, then scraps of other dudes for sex on the side.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Is love dead?