Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Well Done China      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bootielicious
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Well Done ChinaPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Got to give credit where it is due, China hosted the Olympics fairly and rather spectacularly.

I've watched what I can this time round and thoroughly enjoyed it. Sad to see it all over, but it was fun while it lasted.

Fingers crossed we pull it out of the bag in 2012, but I can't imagine it being on such a grand scale, especially we just don't have the same wealth they have. We certainly have a lot to live up to.
 bootielicious
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Well Done China
Posted: 8/24/2008 9:03:21 AM
When I used the word 'fairly' I actually meant in relation to the 'games' and nothing beyond that. The fact that they did admit that the referee had got it wrong in the Taekwondo, which had never been done before.

The games were well organised and well run.

With reference to lacking atmosphere, I think the chinese do run a tight ship and where I mention wealth, I didn't just mean financial. I meant with regards to resouces, technology and man power. It is huge compared to our Country.
 bootielicious
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Well Done China
Posted: 8/24/2008 10:09:20 AM
I missed the archery and am not a fan of the boxing, so missed that too.

What was unfair about it, if you don't mind me asking?
 bootielicious
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Well Done China
Posted: 8/24/2008 12:53:20 PM
Maybe because if we believe in equal rights then we have to lead by example and not dictate who should and should not have the right to hold the Olympics, which does after all include people from all over the world?

VVVV but can't you see that by hosting it they have actually pointed the finger at themselves and created an awareness that wasn't being addressed before? I don't see that anything negative has come of them hosting the Olympics, unless of course you count the protests and mass media coverage as negative?
 aquaplane
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Well Done China
Posted: 8/26/2008 1:30:03 PM
Aparently the safety record on the Chinese railways is sh1te. They cut down the accidents during the Olympics by shutting down the railways, can you see that happening here?

The polution problem, they shut down the industry round Bejing, again can you see that happening here?

Nothing has changed, China has paid lipservice to the human rights issues, polution issues and anything else a dictatorship sees as inconvenient.

Before anyone starts saying "I got a train from X to Y so the trains were running", the company I work for were told not to plan on anything moving while the Olympics were on so no accidents hit the papers at that time.

It did look good though, propoganda works.
 huixin
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Well Done China
Posted: 8/29/2008 10:03:23 PM
curious !! who can tell me what the show is , that ,during the close ceremony ,Beckham played soccer,meanwhile some were reading newspapers and riding bicycles?

the show tell us always rainy in London?please
 louell
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Well Done China
Posted: 8/29/2008 10:18:56 PM
well done china....my butt...they spends trillions on the event...and there people
are starving...living in tin huts......no clean water....try joining the real world
and gave a look whats going on.
 bootielicious
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Well Done China
Posted: 8/30/2008 5:13:24 AM

well done china....my butt...they spends trillions on the event...and there people
are starving...living in tin huts......no clean water....try joining the real world

The UK will be spending multi millions on hosting the Olympics here in 4 years time and we are on the verge of a credit crunch. Presumably they hope that the money is a worthwhile investment as I'm sure China did too.

I started this thread to hail the people of china that took part. There were literally thousands of Chinese people involved in making the games what they were and I do think it is sad that you denounce those people in the name of politics. If you have an issue with the government take it to another thread, this one was to praise work well done, not something that has been an issue for decades before it.

I'm also wondering what the people on this thread that seem to know so much about the Chinese government have done themselves as individuals to help change things? Have you been actively involved? Or do you just like to talk about it?
 huixin
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Well Done China
Posted: 8/30/2008 5:16:37 AM
hi louell

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..
right ,but not all .
starving ?you are
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Well Done China