Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lalby
Msg: 3
view profile
History
dentures what are your views lolPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
They do for me,but i have a bit of a phobia of false teeth
When i was a kid my grandad used to take his out and chase me with them,so had a thing about them sinse
I think i would be ok if someone didnt tell me they had false teeth and if they never took them out near me,otherwise i'd be off and wouldnt want to be sticking me tongue anywhere near em

and as fudge said wouldnt want them to lose them during lunch!
 skyscraper_gb
Msg: 8
view profile
History
dentures what are your views lol
Posted: 8/25/2008 4:16:51 PM
Had a motorcycle accident back in 85 which caused damage to me top front teeth (very loose) over the years I have had various procedures carried out to rectify the problem, paid £1500 for a 6 tooth bridge which only lasted 3 years. I now have a 6 tooth top plate instead of me front teeth. All is well when I go out socially but unfortunately I have to let any prospective female know about the problem and its origins as I cannot eat with the dam thing in. I have tried all things and all ways to be able to leave them in but always end up with a gag reaction so have to remove them.

At the end of the day if the lack of a piece of pink and white plastic in my mouth to make my teeth look normal is so abhorent to who I am with then I feel I am better of without them, I am more than a denture.

best of luck at the dentist mate.
 Gut_Reaction
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2009 9:15:50 AM

i got dentures lol.. a plate with two on... (was cheaper than bridge )didnt think it was a problem or even noticed until bj and your mouth feels different apparently a sucks a suck.. HONESTLY !!! some men are never grateful

I suggest you need a second opinion and I'd grin and bare it in the name of science.

I too have dentures up top mainly due to being kicked in the head when diving on a rugby ball as the oppo player tried to hoof it downfield. Was a right mess. Also lost two courtesy of a cricket ball I miss hit and diverted in to my mouth instead of for 6, it knocked me for 6. Ironically I boxed when younger and never lost any through that sport.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2009 9:55:55 AM
Well fitting dentures would not put me off. If they are correctly fitted then there should be no problems with eating etc and mostly, no need for them to be removed apart from cleaning.

I have had a partial denture since I was 17, due to gaps not neglect. I have always had a lot of 'teething' problems and now have several teeth on an upper plate. Again it has not been down to neglect but I have weak teeth that just snap. Nothing I could do about it.

However, I do not have a standard 'plate'. Mine does not have a plastic 'roof' so to speak and clips onto natural teeth. I don't believe anyone has ever seen me without my 'teeth' and most people are surprised I have a denture, if it comes into conversation. Next month, due to yet another tooth snapping I have to have the half remaining removed and another one added to the plate. It means at least 2 days off work because I have to leave my 'teeth' at the dentists, neither will I speak to anyone in that time.

If someone took their teeth out at night or fooled around with them - I don't think I would find it so acceptable though. False teeth for some people are not a choice and I would rather see false teeth than rotten or broken teeth.
 cvatican
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2009 2:30:26 AM
Hi.
I had all my teeth pulled when I was 26 due to unexplainable pain and got full dentures.
The fact is is tha I am the same person with the same personality and I have my own teeth even though they are false.
Having dentures is not a tragedy at all. Just have the same respect for other peopleas before and do not provoke them with taking the dentures out where it does not fit in the circumstances.
I dated a young woman before I got dentures myself. She was very selfconcious and afraid of me reacting negatively. But why should I? She had a beautiful smile, was very pleasant to be with.
When she told me just before we kissed for the first time I told her to just feel at home with me and relax as I did not mind at all and that dentures do not change peoples personality other than if they are afraid of what other people say about dentures.
We had a great time together. She move to a foreign country and married some years later, but her family and I write to each other ad are good friends.
When I got dentures myself I did tell that I had dentures . This I did relatively early because I have learned that some do not like dentures and that is something unexplainable for the people in concern. It is like dislike or like of legs hair eyes , mouth or anything else in a person.
For me a woman with dentures are at least as attractive as one with natural teeth. Just be natural about them. If it is necessary to take them out because of discomfort then for me in my opinion do it and and feel comfortable with it.
I do know that the spouse may not like it and then one can do it descretely for instance when sleeping.
In my opinion being at home one should feel relaxed and do what is comfortable for us. We know how we feel about each other and and teeth does not make any changes. It is for me strange to be at home walking around as a filmstar. For me its important to feel comfortable and that can for women looking great and for men the same, of course.
If there are children involved we should be descrete about taking out dentures and placing them all over the place.
 professora
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2016 6:45:34 PM
Personally I don't like dentures but sometimes they might be the only solution and better than bare gums.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? HOW do you ask someone why they are not wearing a lower plate?
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/10/2016 1:17:12 AM
I wouldn't ask.....I'd leave.

TucsonPug
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2016 1:48:01 AM
I'm amazed at how many people think dentures are no problem, great for denture wearers to know.
I find dentures repulsive and I used to be a dental nurse many moons ago.
Absolute deal breaker for me.
I have a two tooth bridge as I smashed a tooth in a car accident, had to wear a denture briefly till the gum healed and I lisped and gagged constantly. The bridge has never caused any grief.
Any further losses will be replaced by implants or bridges.
I will never knowingly date anyone with teeth on a plate, I ask before meeting them tbh as I don't want to waste anyone's time or make them feel bad with a look of revulsion.
 TucsonPug
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2016 2:17:49 AM
If he had healthy teeth when I met him and then lost them, I'd persuade him to go down the implant route, or yeah I'd have it on my toes. False teeth make me gag so hardly fair on him.
I don't think many people have wooden legs these days but if he had a prosthetic limb but was otherwise in good shape that wouldn't be an issue. Hearing aids these days are very discreet so can't see a problem.
To be fair I'd like all his bits in working order, mine are so his should be too.
Each to their own I guess.
 duracell_bunny_one
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/10/2016 8:33:55 AM
Old & long in the tooth I might be, but they're all either crowns or natural....
If I can still be in (reasonable) working order at nearly 70, I don't think
it's expecting that much that prospective dates are too.........
But what do I know?
P'raps I should have just scoffed donuts & sunk pints whilst screaming
'come on you Blues', or something equally educated/erudite/ambitious....

holby
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2016 11:53:00 PM
Be kind to your dentist he has fillings too
 holby
Msg: 55
view profile
History