Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are you who you want to be?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Blueeyedbaldman
Msg: 24
Are you who you want to be?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Good luck with that. If you are into accepting advice, try kissing someone every time you're in the mood for a smoke.

Hey, I didn't think of that one. Thats great advice.
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Are you who you want to be?
Posted: 8/27/2008 1:29:07 PM

Absolutely ... I tried to be Johnny Depp for a while but the court said I couldn't do that anymore!

Are you the type of person that you would like to attract?

God I hope not ... otherwise I'm gonna attract short, bald guys who can't string a whole sentence together without making a smartass remark! Not to mention the whole penis thing!

what would you change?

My age! Can I go back in time to when I was 17? That was the perfect age .. old enough to know how to do everything ... young enough the courts couldn't really do much to you for it!

But, do you *really* want to go out with someone you didn't have anything in common with?

Not really. But, just to play devil's advocate, I did go out with a girl for a long time that was pretty much the polar opposite of me. I brought humor to her life and she brought stability to mine! There is a lot to be said for opposites attract! Besides, would I really want to date a girl that is funnier then me?
 ma_cherie_pi
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/27/2008 2:47:45 PM

Hey, I didn't think of that one. Thats great advice.

I was dating this guy who smoked and said he knew he needed to quit. Normally, I wouldn't kiss a guy who smokes but I was *into* him in other areas, and eventually found that after having waited a few minutes, or him drinking something after he smoked, I was okay with kissing him.

For his birthday, I told him I was going to give him a gift that would help him quit smoking, if he so chose to use it. He asked for another clue, and I told him it would be something different he could do with his fingers and lungs.

It was a pair of my own personal brand new (but worn *once* for a few moments while I thought of him) undergarments - if you get my drift. See, something different to pick up and take a whiff of.

Simply replace the bad habit with a good habit. I wish you luck in quitting and "fishing."

ma_cherie_pi
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/27/2008 2:57:25 PM

Absolutely ... I tried to be Johnny Depp for a while but the court said I couldn't do that anymore!

Darn the courts. The keep meddling in people's businesses. *sigh*

I'm gonna attract short, bald guys who can't string a whole sentence together without making a smartass remark! Not to mention the whole penis thing!

Hrm, that doesn't sound so bad, Princess Consuela.

My age! Can I go back in time to when I was 17? That was the perfect age .. old enough to know how to do everything ... young enough the courts couldn't really do much to you for it!

OMG I can't *even* imagine you at 17!!!!

There is a lot to be said for opposites attract!

Indeed. If you know what type of *opposite* you're looking for *wink* and find someone an opposite in that specific area, the relationship could end up pleasantly symbiotic. And I *know* you know what I'm talking about!

The best of luck in your search.

ItsMargo
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2008 3:09:37 PM
>>> Are you who you want to be?

Thank GAWD... yes! Good thing, I would be abysmal at being someone else.

>>> Are you the type of person that you would like to attract?

Apart from the fact that I've attracted a short, bald guy who can't string a whole sentence together without making a smartass remark... yep. OK, I guess I'm short too... but I have hair and the smartass bit is only about every third sentence or so, lol

>>> what would you change?

I'd like to grow more of a spine. Working on that one.

>>> But, do you *really* want to go out with someone you didn't have anything in common with?
Absolutely need common values and solid communications. Compatibility across a wide array of variables is important... Beyond that, there's a lot of room for differences... the differences can make it very interesting.
 zestyvirginia
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2008 3:13:57 PM
I have been a work in progress quite a while and I hope I have IT Just right but would love to fall in love one more time,
 MANWIFE WANTED
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/27/2008 4:12:50 PM
YES, I am more then what I thought I would be!

YES, my horoscope tells me I am the 'PERFECT' match for myself... born on the same day on the same year at the same time... May, 10th, 1962 at 9:21am...

I am a wonderful women, but the men who chose me, or who I chose to date, Fall so madly in love with me on the first day, the forget to see who I am.... Looks are not everything sometimes a inner laughter is even better.

I am funny, smart as a wip, intellegent, sarcastic, I am a very had worker and determined, I have goals and strive for them and also help others strive for theirs...

What would I have changed... I 'WOULD NEVER OF ALLOWED A OPEN MARRIAGE WITH MY HUSBAND".... It gave him the right to find another women....

Well.. mistake learned... God bless you all Pastor Julie
 Ms.Sweet Sinful Seduction
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/27/2008 4:16:33 PM
Am I who I want to be?

Definitely, I am kind, caring, sweet, generous, cute, funny, outgoing, adventurous, I could go on, but I don't want to appear to be an attention seeker.

Am I the type of person I would want to attract?

Yes, I think the qualities I possess are all excellent qualities.

What would I change?

I have worked hard on my appearance and look great, but I am always striving on a daily basis to improve myself, therefore being addicted to working out and having a personal trainer, lol.

Oh, and fyi, I do believe that opposites attract, sometimes it just makes life that much more interesting, learning things from each other.
 The All Amazing Geek Girl
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/27/2008 4:59:19 PM
I am who I want to be. I'm not perfect, but I like it that way. If I have flaws, he can have flaws and we're all happier at the end.

I'm not so sure I want to attract people exactly like myself. Mostly because I have enough time with myself as it is. I want someone I have feelings for with a few common interests that doesn't smoke or do drugs, and doesn't drink more than once a week.

I mean, who actually goes out there looking for their opposite gender twin? I don't know if you've noticed, but people who are very alike, tend to fight a lot and dislike each other quite a bit.
 baultista
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2008 5:30:12 PM

As I look around here, I see people asking for advice about pics and their profile.

And my thoughts on the subject all boil down to one - don't be afraid to be who you want to be.

Sure, we all want to meet *someone*, right? A nice glance or two certainly boosts the self-confidence.

But, do you *really* want to go out with someone you didn't have anything in common with? Don't be afraid to be who you want to be.

So, with this being the beginning of a thread, I feel compelled to ask:

If not, what would you change?

That's really insightful.

I'm always pushing myself to improve in one area or another. I'm not who I want to be, and I probably never will be as I keep raising the bar, but I get closer every day.

There's no fun in dating your twin. I like to meet people from different walks of life, but some common ground is always nice.

My current goal is to take charge a little more, and become a better leader in every aspect of life. I'm great to talk to, but I'm always more comfortable letting others start the conversation/bring up topics.
 superbadzzz
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/27/2008 10:53:06 PM
i secretly wish i was an alien with 10,000 IQ. my huge space ship would look like a 440 cuda with roots blower. i would beam down, party all night on Mykonos, then "accidentally" back up over Earth on the way home. Oops.
 nolamichelle
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/27/2008 11:16:59 PM
I like who I am and am not bothered that perhaps others don't feel the same way about me as I do.

Anyway, that old adage repeated over and over in most of these posts, enjoy your own company, and then other's will too.
 zopz
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2008 2:16:07 AM
No, I'm not who I want to be. I wish I was Batman. Really....so desperately....
 Closing Shop
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/28/2008 2:52:26 AM

It was a pair of my own personal brand new (but worn *once* for a few moments while I thought of him) undergarments - if you get my drift. See, something different to pick up and take a whiff of.

Simply replace the bad habit with a good habit.

I'm certainly not a prude but as far as habits go, I'm not sure exchanging smoking for panty sniffing is a trade up.
 MaryAnn Singleton
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/28/2008 5:33:59 AM
Great questions...
**********Are you who you want to be?************
I am who I want to be, but I keep evolving.

***********Are you the type of person that you would like to attract?**********
I wouldn't want someone exactly the same as me but someone with the same essential values. I'm most attracted to people that come from different cultures, different environments, or someone who has a different perspective on things. In the essentials, yeah, I'd like someone like me - someone strong, focussed, intellectually curious, and yeah, someone with integrity.

*******If not, what would you change?*********************
I'm always striving for more. Spiritual enlightenment (yeah, seriously). Physical goals (done the half marathon, want to do the full marathon). Educational goals (planning to go back to school for my masters). Intellectual goals (I love to find something interesting and learn all about it.) Creative goals (get good enough on the bass to form a garage band - get back into creative writing.) So I guess I'm changing but in the same direction as I've been going.
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 39
Posted: 8/28/2008 8:41:55 AM

msg/ #1.>>>Are you who you want to be?

Yes, I'm grounded and content with who I am - self-confident, content with what I've accomplished and know that happiness doesn't come from anyone or anything external. It comes from within myself. Through the years I've learned to put the past to rest and not look back at the yesterdays that made me sad. I don't worry about my tomorrows because worry doesn't change anything and keeps me from enjoying my today. That's not to say I have no goals - I do - I just don't worry and fret about my future.

Yes. I like to attract people - both men and women - who have positive attitudes, who are stable and grounded and who are genuinely happy and content with their lives.

Although I'm happy and content in living my single life style I'm hopeful that I will meet the one with whom I can share my life. I do miss that special feeling of having that special someone.
 Blueeyedbaldman
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/28/2008 9:23:57 AM

I'm certainly not a prude but as far as habits go, I'm not sure exchanging smoking for panty sniffing is a trade up

LOL. I didn't respond to it because I thought it was a little more information than I needed to know.
 Opalie
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2008 9:31:16 AM
Am I who I want to be?

Not yet but I'm a work in progress and it's coming along nicely
 cowtrucker
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 12:29:35 PM
I like to think that I'm who I want to be. I have a job that I love, and get paid for doing something I enjoy. I have a good start on reaching my dreams, and try to stay true to my word.

As far as going out with someone I don't havae anything in common with? To me, that sounds like a waste of time, for both parties. I try and surround myself with people who have common ground with me, as that keeps the conversation interesting, and helps me be a better friend to them.

As far as trying to change myself... We all have things about ourselves that we are constantly perfecting. I don't think I can find one person out there, who really IS perfect!

CowTrucker
Chapman, Kansas
 Brianepopmusic
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 12:41:09 PM
yeah....i am....i am a musician and I am following my dreams every day.....i even decicded to add more stuff about myself to my profile, and well, out of three tries to find someone, since i first signed on to get some friends, I may have finally found a girl who's interests are like mine,and best of all, we're gonna hang out next week...so, I am glad to have found this site and glad to finally be where I am after so many bad relationships...(well, one or two bad ones don't really count, though...)
i finally am where I need to be, so thank you ,founders of this site, for we all can finally find true love....unconditonal,caring love...

djdelev
Msg: 44
Posted: 8/30/2008 1:31:27 PM
I would not change my self in anyway. even tho i am in a wheelchair this does not seem to bother me. but when i meet some people it does haha. For sure i would hope to meet someone who has similar interest as i do. I am a very nice person who is very caring to peoples needs. what is not to like.
 JustPeaking
Msg: 45
Posted: 8/30/2008 8:45:20 PM

Yes, most definitely.

Yes, though it is so rare that I ever meet a woman like myself. The few times it has happened, they have always been happily married, so I've given up on ever finding single female version of me. ( all of my exes have said that they've never met anyone like me, and they meant that in a good way. )
 whenyer_strange
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/30/2008 9:43:42 PM
>>> Are you who you want to be?
Not really. I didn't picture my life quite like this 20 years ago.

>>> Are you the type of person that you would like to attract?
Nope. Two mentally unstable people together just sounds like a bad idea.

>>> what would you change?
First, I would return to when I was little and convince my parents to just ship me off to an orphanage.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Are you who you want to be?