Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Cleaning or Cooking?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whytwater
Msg: 8
Cleaning or Cooking?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
[I loath dusting!] Have read that 80% or more of dust is dead human skin. lol There! Now add fear to the loathing.
OP- I can cook, and properly motivated, even create in the kitchen. However, my approach to cleaning is more like (1) attend to health code violations immediately, and (2) add the rest to a mental list.
Now, a prior post added wardrobe to the mix, which is a splendid idea. Do either of the chores come with a dress code? lol I, too, have visions . . .
 _Icon_
Msg: 9
Cleaning or Cooking?
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:18:02 AM
How about you hire someone and I'll pay the bill?
 thebigslim
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Cleaning or Cooking?
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:21:53 AM
Definitely the cleaning.... I for one LOVE to cook and enjoy cooking for people. As domesticated as I am and don't mind cleaning, I think there is a better satisfaction from cooking than cleaning..... but what do I know
 Hawk8414
Msg: 11
Cleaning or Cooking?
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:55:27 AM
*Sees all the men outside at their bbqs cooking while the woman is inside cleaning* LMAO! Yup, typical, most men hate cleaning the house, because to them it's time consuming and in a neantherdal kinda way, to alot of guys,they just think its women's work.
So, ladies, we get stuck with the cleaning and most men will do the cooking. Figures. lol.
Cleaning or Cooking?
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:57:01 AM
Has anybody said both?
 thebigslim
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Cleaning or Cooking?
Posted: 8/29/2008 9:14:34 AM

*Sees all the men outside at their bbqs cooking while the woman is inside cleaning* LMAO! Yup, typical, most men hate cleaning the house, because to them it's time consuming and in a neantherdal kinda way, to alot of guys,they just think its women's work. So, ladies, we get stuck with the cleaning and most men will do the cooking. Figures. lol.

LOL granted that is how it used to be (or it may still be this way) but I for one am talking about the kitchen.... don't get me wrong BBQing is fantastic and almost on a level of meditation, but it may not have the same essence as how many things you can do in the kitchen at once. Any guy who can multi-task in the kitchen should be considered somewhat of a keeper. Any guy who can cook & clean IS a keeper *inserts cheesy plug-in and points to self with stars sparkling around self* ...... meh it was worth a shot
 jsphn11
Msg: 14
Cleaning or Cooking?
Posted: 8/29/2008 12:09:34 PM
I'm curious as to why you would ask?

Why did I ask? Well, because there was another topic where men expressed the desire for women to keep clean homes. And there is an expression that everyone knows: "A way to a man's heart is though his stomach". So, I was curious how true it actually is. No hidden agenda here

I mean, isn't that kind of a sexist question that sets the female gender back about 40 years? Remember, you girls have come a long way, baby!

No, nothing is sexist here. What's wrong with the housework being shared according to both persons preferences?

BTW, I didn't intend it be a heavy discussion about women's rights and responsibilites
 ***piano4te***
Msg: 15
Cleaning or Cooking?
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:12:39 PM
I would definitely prefer her to cook.

Cooking comes more from a passion and the heart. People who LIKE to cook are somewhat creative in nature and spirit. I love to cook myself, grew up in a restaurant family, but I'll totally admit to being a typical male when it comes to that whole ' winning of my heart through my stomach' thing. There are a few times, when I think back to my past relationships, I remember certain things they cooked that they could cook like nobody else. And if those are the ONLY good things I can remember about them, then at least they had a one mark on the chalk board goin' for 'em.....

I worry about ANY woman who actually LIKES to clean. It means, heaven forbid I put my shoes in the wrong place.......ever. And "NOOOO WIIIIRE HAAANNNGERRRRS". And I'll have NONE of that in my lifetime. I don't need the stress. I'm not a pig by any stretch...but I don't do well with neat freaks. If you've got kids, and your house is actually IMMACULATE.......I'm heading for the door. Because I know there are going to be some pretty neurotic personalities I'm dealing with in the household.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Cleaning or Cooking?