Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 226
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah PalinPage 10 of 104    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I don't really know why McCain picked Palin... maybe the strong republicans thought it was a lost cause and told him "no"?
I can't think of any other reason he'd pick her, actually...
Of course, she could be a surprise in the debates... but I can't think of any other reason. Anyone would have to admit that she's very weak in other ways.
 faith2565
Msg: 227
view profile
History
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:24:07 PM
This is an insult to women and to Hillary. She is no Hillary and should not ride on her coat tails. She has not paid her dues, to walk in the whitehouse as the VP would be an insult. At least Hillary and Obama fought it out for 18 months and both earned 18 million votes. McCain meets her one or two times and over looks Romney and Huckabee. Biden has paid his due. I am hurt for his own team.
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 228
It looks like McCain's VP Schtick is Sarah Pain
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:25:19 PM

So how much of the woman vote do you think he will take away from Obama?

I would say maybe the 3 or 4 women living in Alaska who are probably related to her.

Purple Crayon, how many posts did we read stating that you liked McCain because he voted outside of his party more than Obama and Hillary? What say you to the claims that he voted with President Bush 90 percent of the time? That's not exactly bipartisanship...that's voting with an ego maniacal, crazed lunatic that insulted your family 8 years ago and sent our country to a war that you even said was a bad idea......90% of the time.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 229
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:26:36 PM
Palin has her strengths and weaknesses... just like everyone. She has proven she can lead/govern. She is an accomplished smart middle class woman who has achieved much and has earned the slot of VP Nom.

I really think I'm seeing catty jealousy for her by some. The ridiculous statements which try to negate her strengths. Get the facts and vote for whichever ticket you choose.

Palin paid respect to both of the women who came before her.... and she did not come across as putting herself above or below Hillary. She acknowledged Clinton's accomplishments. Paid her respect. Nothing more or less.

Purple Crayon, how many posts did we read stating that you liked McCain because he voted outside of his party more than Obama and Hillary? What say you to the claims that he voted with President Bush 90 percent of the time? That's not exactly bipartisanship...that's voting with an ego maniacal, crazed lunatic that insulted your family 8 years ago and sent our country to a war that you even said was a bad idea......90% of the time.

I refuse to address it here on this thread and get in trouble for derailing a thread. I put this reply so I can't be accused of sidestepping. I've discussed the issues you bring up on other threads and will be happy to continue on those threads. Just not here... it's off topic.
 faith2565
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:28:57 PM
Barbe it is getting bad. This is not about the country, but the people.
 badge3939
Msg: 231
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:29:02 PM
Now If Mc Cain And Palin win the WH in Nov. Mc Cain dies (God forbid) While in Office.
Then in 2012 It could be Palin against Hillary. Hillary all ready set up for the 2012 election.

That would be a very historic election. More than this one would be. The first eleceted Female POTUS
 exodusi1
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:31:19 PM
I'm not a breast man, so I guess I'm free to vote for the best candidate.
 faith2565
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:39:03 PM
I know that is what you mean. I am just really hurt at the circus that this election has turned into. To me it is not really about the needs of the American people, but the person running. McCain has really lost my respect. I can not even put it into words.
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 234
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:39:25 PM
Keeping in mind McCain is way past his expiration date, if I had to pick between two relatively inexperienced candidates in the white house, I'd pick the one who was the editor of the Harvard Law Review, taught Constitutional Law at U Chi and wrote several books outlining their vision for America and responded to constant questions about his background and beliefs for 19 months...and has Joe Biden serving as his right hand man.

I probably wouldn't pick the one with a party school BA, PTA experience in a small town and an impending ethics investigation for abuse of power. It also wouldn't help the case for moderates and independent voters that the second "unknown" candidate advocates teaching "creationism" in schools, is rigidly pro-life, yet an ardent hunter who hates polar bears.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 235
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:47:09 PM
Here's the 411...

I'd suggest some of you go back and reread your posts. If they don't come off as catty/jealous, etc. then, I pity you for not seeing what is staring right at ya.

To post anything else on this thread, until something new is brought to light, is just repetitive and/or chitchat now. Just speaking for me personally.

Palin has done so much for the state of Alaska. She gave it back to the people. She got rid of a lot of pork. She has worked long and hard to achieve what she has. Palin has earned her right to be as a VP on a ticket.

To reduce her accomplishments to a PTA member or party school BA, etc. is showing one's own small mindedness... rather than discussing the facts/issues.

See ya'll on another thread....unless some 'breaking news' happens to warrant returning to this one.

McCain/Palin
 faith2565
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:49:16 PM
Suthn, did you like Biden?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:49:52 PM

to walk in the whitehouse as the VP would be an insult

Oh get over yourself. If Obama picked someone like Ophra to be the VP you prob be jumping up and down saying want a fantastic move it was......
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 238
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:54:06 PM
It's funny that you guys don't think having an education is important for being elected to the 2 most powerful positions in the world.

Guess that explains why we keep getting presidents and presidential candidates in the bottom of their class or from inadequate party schools with extremely unchallenging majors.
 StrangerInTheHouse
Msg: 239
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:54:14 PM

It's funny... someone with a profile pic like that telling someone else to get over themselves... *hehehe*
If Obama picked Oprah, it might indeed have been a fantastic move... compared to McCain's choice.
Why don't you get over YOURself?
Why would he pick someone like that?
Could it be because all the other frontrunners turned him down because they knew McCain's going down in flames...?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:57:31 PM
It's funny... someone with a profile pic like that telling someone else to get over themselves...

At least I can take off my shirt without people mistaking them for breast.
 faith2565
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 8:59:11 PM
No, I do not care for Oprah. My thing is not about women or man it is the best person for the job. In my heart I wanted him to select Hillary, but I knew it would be allot of drama. I do love Biden so I am happy.

I have lost respect for McCain and this is the first time since I have been on these forums that I have ever stated something negative about McCain.

It is not about the country for McCain nor loyalty to those that have been in the trenches with him it is about votes. He is also insulting Hillary and women. I guess he feels that angry Hillary women will vote for just any women. I am so disappointed in McCain I do not know what to think. If I did not like Obama/Biden this year I would not vote.

Is this really about the country!

Obama/Biden 08
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 242
Posted: 8/29/2008 9:05:13 PM
Could it be because all the other frontrunners turned him down because they knew McCain's going down in flames...?

I wondered this myself. Romney is a young man and a pretty sociopathic self-preservationalist. He'd probably like to get a few years between his election and the Bush presidency and give it a go again in 2012.

I like Obama, but even if he really were a god, I doubt he could have this economy completely up and humming by 2012. Romney would probably rather take fresh shots at that administration than chance being #2 on a losing ticket.
 Ezzee
Msg: 243
Posted: 8/29/2008 9:53:50 PM

This is an insult to women and to Hillary. She is no Hillary and should not ride on her coat tails. She has not paid her dues, to walk in the whitehouse as the VP would be an insult. At least Hillary and Obama fought it out for 18 months and both earned 18 million votes. McCain meets her one or two times and over looks Romney and Huckabee. Biden has paid his due. I am hurt for his own team.

How is this an insult to women and Hillary?

My first question is would Hillary not be a woman, or is she double insulted?

But that is beside the point. I'm not exactly sure what "dues" ned to be paid to get into the White House. I'm pretty sure she meets the qualifications laid out in the constitution of the United States of America. As far as I'm concerned, those are the only "dues" she has to pay. As far as I'm concerned, all of the people have paid their dues.

So exactly what are these "dues" that must be paid?

According to the US Constitution, there technically are no requirements to be Vice President. However, it would be safe to assume that they must meet the same requirement as the President.

So, with that being said, in my opinion, here are the "dues" that a person must meet to be Vice President, directly from the US Constitution.

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty five years, and been fourteen Years a resident within the United States.

So, two question, explain exactly how Governor Palin is an insult to women, and exactly what "dues" must be paid in order to be Vice President?

I'll be waiting.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 244
It looks like McCain's VP pick is................................
Posted: 8/29/2008 10:01:29 PM
Sarah Palin is a VPILF
 mungojoe
Msg: 245
Posted: 8/29/2008 10:01:41 PM

The talk shows around here are saying she is smarter then the other three put together!

If she handed me a pipeline contract I'd like her too (at least until the cheque cleared).
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 10:15:34 PM
^^^^ damn skippy.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 10:31:24 PM

^^^Which is why she hates polar bears. :(

What. Walurs 's get no love?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 10:38:51 PM
She does have International experience. I mean, Alaska is freaking huge! You can almost put all the European countries inside it. So yes that justifies her having international experience.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]