Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 252
view profile
History
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah PalinPage 11 of 104    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
They don't? Oh you haven't seen the ones i've seen then. Oh wait nevermind, they were some big fat guys dressed in polar jackets. My mistake.
 o4
Msg: 254
It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:01:32 PM

(and what's up with that hair do anyway? It looks like there's a balloon under there.)

Now I get it. Something about women and heirarchy....all those studies we read about in b. school were right. Something just 'clicked' about many of the comments in todays threadS. Good night.
 djs5454
Msg: 255
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:02:07 PM
I think this is a very shrewd move by the republican party. Although I do hope voters are much smarter and can see through this thin veil to cover up the next four years promise of the republican party, more of Bush. I would have voted for McCain way back when he stood on his own principles, but he sold out to the present administration and its cronies. Its scary to see people would even consider the possibility of voting for McCain considering the last 8 years. Tell me what am I overlooking. Anything is better than standing in the SOS and saying that it smells rosy. As far as experience neither party could bring that argument up. In reality ( which this election is not even attempting to approach), the real issues should be on the table. I don't care how many homes you have, I don't care about how young you are. Just have common sense , the good of the country, good of the people above all and set goals in how to get our country out of this big mess the big A hole, who is wasting our time and lives, occupying the White house.
The republican party is desperate, grasping at ideas that do not make sense. Although this is a shrewd move it is also a look of desperation . Scary to have someone who is unknown as a Vice President, with such radical ideas. No middle ground. We had 8 years of that and see were that's got us. You get more respect with a quite strength than you get with a beat the chest yelling at the top of your lungs strength. This present administration has not learned this and if McCain willing to continue the same, nothing changes.
This choice will help McCain with the uninformed, uneducated, short sited, fear mongrels,the fearful, and just plain bigoted crowd.
Well if worse come to worse Bush already pre-paid for a Supreme court decision if it comes down to it. (Besides he still hasn't finished paying off his supporters so he needs another 4 years)
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 256
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:05:03 PM
So...SteelCity....am I right in thinking that you don't take the polar bear issue seriously? :(

No don’t' get me wrong I’m all for preserving wildlife, but the way I see it is Alaska is soo huge that moving the polar bears a 100 miles in Alaska to another frozen area isn't going to do any harm. That's the way I look it. Athough I would like to see a compromise be done though. Any oil companies that drill up there has to put in so much money per year to help preserve the Alaskan polar bear population. I mean, that’s the least they can do from moving them out of their original area.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 258
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:06:36 PM
Soooo you like her or dislike her? Personally, I like her. At least from what I've seen and heard of and from her so far. I normally vote Republican but before today was going to vote Democrat.

She wants to drill in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and has sued to stop the federal government from making the polar bear an endangered species. Apparently, she is pro- life, since she is a strong anti-abortionist. Would you rather her be pro-choice and in favor of adding the polar bears to the endangered species list? I don't recall reading anything or hearing her say anything about killing off the polar bears and drilling in the ANWR.

This is why I hate politics... you can't have everything your way like you can at Burger King .
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:08:19 PM

So...SteelCity....am I right in thinking that you don't take the polar bear issue seriously? :(

No don’t' get me wrong I’m all for preserving wildlife, but the way I see it is Alaska is soo huge that moving the polar bears a 100 miles in Alaska to another frozen area isn't going to do any harm. That's the way I look it. Athough I would like to see a compromise be done though. Any oil companies that drill up there has to put in so much money per year to help preserve the Alaskan polar bear population. I mean, that’s the least they can do from moving them out of their original area.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 260
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:19:34 PM

Any oil companies that drill up there has to put in so much money per year to help preserve the Alaskan polar bear population

Heck... they should pay for the whole thing for the right's to drill there.
 Ezzee
Msg: 261
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:28:27 PM

It's reasonble to think that in a close contest, Palin is being used to attract the Hillary disaffecteds, McCain has made invitations to them earlier.......so the insult is to think they would vote for a woman........any woman.........to see a woman at that level.

Isn't that the same thing the Democrats are doing with a Black Man as their Presidential candidate? I guess that means that since Governor Palin is an insult to women is to say that Senator Barrack Hussein Obama is an insult to Black people.

"Dues".........she would be a heartbeat away from Prez and an old man at that....I really have to wonder how our country would fare by someone with so little national experience. Biden could step in for Obama if need be.............who would you like to see Palin or Biden as President?

That speaks nothing to "dues," unless you are talking about experience. I think if you research her, Palin has plenty of experience in a positon of power, not that experience is a "due" that is needed to be elected Vice President. As far as who I would rather see as President in Worse case scenario, at this point, would be Governor Palin, based on her positions on the issues. I'm not saying that Biden wouldn't do a good job, but I don't agree with him on the issues.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 263
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:35:09 PM
The Bottom line is you can please some of the people some of the time but never all of the people all of the time. It doesn't matter who is elected President or who they have chosen to be the V.P., someone some place will always have some kind of issue with one of them.

But when I look at the choices I have as of today I have to come down on the McCain/Palin side.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 264
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:40:30 PM
I believe that we can protect the Polar Bears... drill in Alaska which would help reduce our dependence on foreign oil... although not for many years. And in doing all this bring our boys back from the Middle East and save American lives. JMHO
 Eric2008
Msg: 265
view profile
History
It looks like McCain's VP pick is................................
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:43:07 PM
And claims more dependence on oil -even if American oil - by building another Alaskan pipeline is the solution to the crises.

It's not an oil pipeline they are building!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Become educated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a NATURAL GAS PIPELINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a HUGE difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:44:00 PM

I don't know how successful moving polar bears en masse would be, or how that could even be done. I honestly haven't got a clue.

They would have to do like an African wildlife round up job on them. It can be done by expanding large stationary nets in which you lead them in to the stationary nets, then transport them into large trucks to another park and It's very successful. You ever seen those African wildlife shows on the animal planet channel where they do that with large herds of animals? Essentially they can do the same thing to the polar bears. We have the technology to do it especially with a small animal population like the polar bears.
 dabearsguy
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:55:06 PM
McCain has made a brilliant move . A woman is on the ticket but she is a Republican woman, it's not Hillary Clinton, Sarah Palin does not have to wear pantsuits and her husband is not a crook
 RDtoo
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2008 11:58:22 PM
Does anyone else think Sarah Palin looks like Peggy Hill on the tv show "King of the Hill"?
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 270
Posted: 8/30/2008 12:14:21 AM
My problem with Hillary is that she didn't divorce Bill after he cheated on her. I think she is a bad roll model for all women young and old. I lost all respect for her after that whole ordeal. So I would rather have Sarah as a V.P. then Hillary any day.
 MoFuzz
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 12:17:52 AM
Palin opposes abortion under any circumstances, she pro-gun, she supports teaching creationsim in science classes, and she is anti-contraception. This is a desperation move by McCain to get evangleicals on board who don't trust him to beging with. This was a panic response by McCain to the overwhelming success of Obama's speech Thursday.

The Democrats were over joyed with the way their convention turned out only to wake up and find with this pick, McCain had delivered Christmas in August.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 12:18:59 AM
Let me tell you who is to blame for all this. 30 years of U.S. gov, the U.S. automotive industry, and the U.S. oil companies are to blame for high gas prices and no alternative solutions. Both the gov and U.S. automotive industry didn't do anything after the gas crisis in the early 70's, because both of them were in bed with U.S. oil companies. The gov and U.S. automotive industry were getting kick backs from the U.S. oil companies to not raise standards or research alternative fuels. So they just went on their business for 30 something years never really trying to improve fuel efficiency or come up with alternative fuels. I mean, it’s pretty pathetic that the Ford Model-T that was built in 1903, got 25mpg and ran on ethanol fuel which got better mpg’s then most cars did in the 90's that ran on regular fuel. But now all of a sudden the U.S. gov is raising all these new 35mpg or higher standards by 2020, due to consumer outrage over rising gas prices. The US automotive industry is scrambling to meet those demands and while all this is happening the U.S. gov, the U.S, automotive industries, and the U.S. oil companies all pointing the blame at one another, but it’s because of all 3 is why we are in this mess today.
 mungojoe
Msg: 273
Posted: 8/30/2008 12:38:17 AM

No don’t' get me wrong I’m all for preserving wildlife, but the way I see it is Alaska is soo huge that moving the polar bears a 100 miles in Alaska to another frozen area isn't going to do any harm.

You can't just pick them up and move them 100 miles inland. Polar bears are semi-aquatic and need access to the ice-pack almost all year long. Without access to the ice-pack at the north slope/ANWR they will not be able to feed adequately to sustain the Alaska population.

If she actually knew anything about the issue beyond the $$$ of oil, she would know all that. Apparently, though, she wants to be in bed with all of McCain/Bush/Cheney's oil "butt buddies".
 dabearsguy
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2008 12:39:19 AM
It was a real master stroke by McCain — not just that he picked Palin, but he waited until the Dems picked their own VP, before announcing his choice. If McCain had picked his VP first, the Dems might have been desperate enough to put Hillary on the ticket.

The Dems are panicking.

The Obamunists here in their blue bubbles don't realize it yet.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > It looks like McCain's VP pick is Sarah Palin [CLOSED Thread]